Threads [Post-Apocalypse MxF]

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by An Angry Hussar, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Something just seemed off the week before The Great War. Your friends started getting letters from the Selective Service System. The City was testing their Emergency Alert System once a day at noon. Reporters seemed more jittery than normal on the television. On more than one occasion you heard "escalation in Asia." You brushed it off. Kept shopping. Kept eating. Kept going to work. The Cold War was over. No madman existed who was willing to pull the trigger on a nuclear conflagration.

You were wrong. On January 5th, 2016, the United States and the People's Republic of China began a nuclear exchange that ended the world as we know it. An escalating economic war between the two nations eventually brought them, as well as the rest of our planet, to their knees. The war was sudden. Early warning sirens only sounded for thirty seconds, with many people assuming they were another test, before bright the power grids failed. Seconds later, white flashes of light blinded millions worldwide. Within microseconds, billions died. Nobody knows who fired first. Really, who cares?

"The probability of apocalypse soon cannot be realistically estimated, but it is surely too high for any sane person to contemplate with equanimity."
    Noam Chomsky
    I've thought over this idea for some months. I've recently gotten a lot more time available to me, so I've decided to list this advert for it. Allow me to try to explain it in less poetic detail for you:

The roleplay would begin some weeks, in a to-be-determined location in the United States, after a debilitating nuclear exchange between the United States and its allies and the People's Republic of China and its allies. Electromagnetic pulses have wiped out nearly all forms of modern technology -- the iPod to the Mercedes have halted. Only antiques continue to putter on. The reasons for war would likely never come up within the roleplay; unless for racist anti-Chinese sentiment. Specifically, the plot would revolve around a man (That's me!) and a woman (You!) meeting after the end of the world. This will not be a story of feel-good romance and Rambo bravado, however. Instead, it will focus on the lesser aspects of humanity.

Depression. Hopelessness. Fear. The depraving things that mankind can do to one another when the facade of civilization is pulled away. It will be about death, torture, robbery, and rape. These elements may not always be presented at face value. (IE, I have zero interest in typing out a rape in-progress, though the roleplay would undoubtedly have the specter of rape hovering over it.) This will be what the new world has become. Our characters must attempt to overcome it; though it is likely they will fail.

Infection. Sickness. Hypothermia. People. Radiation. These will be the enemies of our characters. To get a better grasp of what I'm looking for, I highly recommend going on Youtube and watching 'Threads.' This was a docudrama filmed in the UK during the height of the Cold War. It does an excellent job of foretelling how depressing a post-nuclear world is. Even if you do not wish to roleplay with me, I still highly recommend the movie for an educational view on how terrible an event such as this would be.

If this is something you'd be interested in, send me a PM. I am asking a fairly high standard for grammar and punctuation. I don't mind mistakes, but I do ask that you have a strong grasp of the English language. You must be willing to engage in the roleplay and develop the plot -- this will likely mean you'll be playing NPCs alongside me, etc. Understandably, I'm only looking for one person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.