Threads of Fire

"Ny," she repeated the nickname to commit it to memory, even though it was a simple name to recall. She nodded her head in return to his gesture, guessing at the meaning. As he started to move she got down off the bed. It had been more suitable at the task of being comfortable. As she walked she kicked a piece of rock that sounded odd. She bent over a picked up a piece of rose crystal that fit in the palm of her hand. Not that she could tell the color in the off light, but she moved it around in her hand, thinking.

The dragon, Ny spoke and she looked up. He likely wanted to get going, but he said he needed to speak to her of something. "Of course I shall listen," she said coming closer to him. Sabelle was about to reach out to touch him with her free hand when she stopped. What was she doing?

He looked at her, caught sight of her extended hand and tried to keep a worried expression from his face. She wished comfort. However, he knew were she to touch him that he would lose the resolve to deposit her among her own people and leave, never to return. Already, that resolve was cracking for reasons he could not understand. It took a moment for him to master his mind. She hadn't touched him, he hadn't done anything foolish, and he would not look fully into her eyes. He would, however, tell her what he needed to.

He curled his tail around, the armored underside turned up to provide her with a safe place to sit. He did not wish to risk her to injury.

"I would sit down, were I you." He waited to see her actions before continuing. He had barely started when he realized this might take a few moments. He moved his head closer to her so that she could be warmed by his breath and not catch her chill as he spoke.

"When I came to this cave yesterday, I'd no idea there was a young woman here. When I found you, you were encased in stone, but before that, all I knew was that there was stone and music and I could not silence the later nor harm the former, no matter how much I tried. I finally shattered the stone with my magic, freeing you, though I knew not you were there. However, I believe you know all of that. What you do not know is that the last large burst of magic in this cave, the only residue signature to indicate and expenditure large enough to have formed such a crystalline chrysalis, is so faded that it must have occurred, at the earliest, very near to the time of my hatching, if not before." He let this sink in a moment before confirming the exact magnitude of time. "I was born over three hundred years ago. I realize I spoke this to you last night in brevity, but you must realize. Time has passed. You will not be returning to the world you left. You will not be returning to people you know. I am so sorry, but the world has changed, and many have been lost to time."

Sabelle blinked but sat as Ny had suggested. It was a bit odd using her companion like a stool, but he didn't seem to mind and she took a small comfort in the act. Though what comfort she had felt was soon torn away by his words. Three hundred years? Maybe more? She had an inkling before now, but to actually hear the number was more the jarring.

Looking down at the rock in her hand, she felt nothing, but she knew what it was, or had been. It was the physical manifestation of a protection spell, her protection spell. It seemed impossible she had even made it, let alone that in doing so she saved her life only to be dead to all that knew and loved her. She felt empty and heavy at the same time. A contradiction she didn't care to think about nor explain. She just sat there on Ny's tail looking at the rock for a very long time.

Seconds or hours passed, she did not know, when she looked back up at the dragon. "Thank you. I dare not think how I would have reacted without being given some faire warning." Her voice was weak and she could not smile. Everything she knew was gone and now she had to confront an alien world.

She looked so shocked and sad that he did not wish to return her to that world. He wished he could craft a paradise for her, give her what she needed and return her to her time, but he knew it was impossible. She was as trapped in this time and world as he was in his scales. Even in her sorrow, she thanked him, and it tore at his heart. Such strength. It was no wonder that she'd been able to protect herself from her attacker. However, in doing so, in saving her life, she'd cost herself everything.

Suddenly, the need to be of some small aid was overwhelming. It warred with instinct as he glanced back across the cavern to where his glittering hoard was hidden in the deeper shadows. She appeared to be without anything, any sort of money or resource or even food, and he realized that it had been nearly eight hours since she'd been released and she had yet to eat. It would be at least two more before they found her someone to join. Of course, he could hunt for her, but once he left her, she'd have to fend for herself. His draconic greed resisted, but in the end, he floated a handful of gold and a few large sapphires over to her, letting them rest on her knees.

"You will need those." It was almost physically painful to part with the portion of treasure, but at least it did not shred his heart so much as the concept of sending her out into the world without any way to get by.

All she could do was blink as the gold and the gems softly landed on her. Slowly she looked up at the dragon, trying to say something, anything up the words would not come. She looked down at the small treasure a second time and gulped. 'I can't take this!' was her first thought. Ny had already been so generous and now he was giving her money enough to, well if not start over give her a good start.

Guilty though she felt, she knew it would be beneficial, knew that it was not going to harm him in losing it. There was only one recourse, to thank him and take it. "You have given me more then I can thank you for, and not just the gold friend Ny. I can not repay you properly, but," she felt herself tremble slightly as she carefully brought one arm close to her body as her opposite hand grabbed the bracelet on her wrist and then unclasped it. "Please, take it as a token of my great gratitude." Her eyes were glassy from new tears yet to be shed and her smile was forced, but it was the only thing of value she had to offer. It was only right and fair, even if it caused another pain to her heart.

He shook his head, an emphatically human gesture. "I will not accept that. It is yours and I can see that it upsets you to even consider parting with it. It is something important to you, and I shall not take it." He wanted to say more, to tell her that she would regret parting with a tie to her past. He could not find words. As much as he hated himself for it, his eyes would not leave the shining bracelet in her hand. Oh, how he wanted it. He wanted it more than he'd wanted anything in his long life. It was silly, a foolish desire. Thankfully, as much as he wanted it, his desire for her to keep it was stronger, and though the urges warred, the benevolent one triumphed and he maintained his resolve.

"If you must give me anything, give me your word that you will go into this world and reclaim it. That you will make this new day yours and triumph over that which would weigh you down. Promise me that you will not mourn your fate, that you will embrace it and, at the very least, try to find a place for yourself." He forced a mock human smile. These human gestures were not comfortable, but they seemed to have set her at ease before, so perhaps they would work now.

"Sabelle, you are a strong soul. I know this and refuse to believe that the world can triumph over you." He hesitated. As confident as he was in her, she was still weak, and even the strongest could run into trouble. "If you find yourself in trouble, focus your magic and call for
Ny'v'thalnosan--" what was he doing?! "-- and I will rush to you."

Sabelle lowered her hand, and her eyes when he refused to take the bracelet. She was relieved that he refused, after all it was all she had of Calden. As she started to secure it once more to her wrist she looked up. What Ny was asking of her was unexpected. It was also very compassionate.

"Though I might find myself confused for a short time, I will strive to do my best to make my way in the world once more. I will do it as a fulfillment of a promise to a friend who has helped me." Sabelle saw the dragon grin. It was both menessing and comical, thus putting her at ease. She smiled back in return, a thin smile to be sure, but genuine none the less.

Her words about friendship seemed more true then she had expected as he gave her his full name, with permission to call upon him should she ever need to. This was a boon she never would have asked for. Already for a stranger, for someone of a difference species even, he was being terribly kind. While logically she knew there were as many different dragons when it came to personalities as there was with humans, she felt like in such a short time she had gone from seeing a devil to now seeing an angel.

"Ny'v'thalnosan," she whispered the name slowly, to make sure she said it correctly. Something akin to electricity coursed through her upon the utterance and she looked at the dragon. That he gave his name to her was a wonder and yet she felt something more important was hidden there.

Starting to stand she realized there was still the gold and sapphires on her lap. It caused her to look away from Ny for a moment as she thought and then pulled out an empty pouch from under her robes. Carefully she put the small treasure inside and then rehid the pouch. By the time she looked back at him, the tingly sense of importances had faded and was nearly forgotten.

"I suppose we should not dawdle," she said with a reluctant sigh as she stood.

He nodded, stalking to the cave opening. The night air was cold, and he cast a concerned gaze at the girl. He would have to get her down to the nearest village of suitable size as soon as he could. He couldn't imagine how she'd made it to the cave in the first place; the trails were steep, little more than wildlife paths, and their narrow, precarious nature did not seem as though it would lend itself to human climbing attempts. A strong gust of wind forced him to close his eyes and turn his head. When he opened his eyes, he was looking back into the cave. Quickly, he resumed his study of the surroundings.

Even a dragon's enhanced sight is not enough to see clearly from such heights, but it was a clear night and not so late that candles and lanterns had been extinguished. Thus, he managed to spot a large sized village some distance away. It was not the ideal spot, but it would do. However, finding a way to carry her down... he'd have to hold her in his forefeet and cradle her against his chest armor. Even if her protection magic was enough to keep her safe on his razorsharp back scales, it wouldn't keep her warm or give her anything to hold onto.

"It is becoming increasingly clear that this is a complicated endeavor. If you would permit it, I will carry you down, but you must allow me to hold you. There is no other way to guarantee your safety and, even with all precautions taken, I am afraid you may still feel quite a chill. If you have any spell to warm you, I suggest you prepare to cast it, Sabelle." Without waiting, he leapt from the side, leaving her there upon the ledge. As he fell, his wings unfurled, catching the wing and striking down fiercely to give him lift. In a moment, he was hovering before the edge of the cave lip, front legs extended as though to pull her tight in a hug.

"Now, I need you to listen. Put your faith in me, trust your judgement, do not panic and for the Great Wyrm's sake, do not look down. Just walk to me."

Spells to warm her? Sabelle was taught the conservation of magic made for a smart wielder of the arcane arts. That to waste magic frivolously meant there would be a time when you would need it and it would not be there for you to command. Thus when she thought of a spell, as Ny jumped off the ledge, a most impressive feat she didn't want to waste her energies creating heat.

Her eyes couldn't help but watch the dragon as he dived down and swept up. There was something magestic in how he moved. When he came to eye level to her, with arms extended a gentle smile appeared upon her lips. She didn't look anywhere but at him. "So you're saying to trust you," she commented as she walked to him. Of course she trusted him.

The smiled faded as confusion set in and she continued to look at Ny. Why did she trust him so easily, no, so absolutely? Sabelle continued to walk until she was within the space of his arms, but with growing alarm. Her thoughts, her emotions, made no sense. That Ny wanted her to walk to him and she complied was not the issue, it was she did so without even thinking about it.

Was she bewitched? No, she was confident that did not take place. Then what? Why was she blindly trusting him as if she was following Calden along a wooden trail?

Calden! Her heart sank once more as the memory of life with him ran up to reality. At least the cold air would keep her distracted.

The moment she reached the edge, would have tumbled over without him, he took her body in his forefeet, holding her close to his chest. This close, she would be able to feel his heartbeat for a short moment before he turned mid air and beat his wings quickly and steadily, lifting them over the remaining mountain edge. He held her securely, taking care not to crush her. The land below them was bathed in moonlight and he worried momentarily that the light of the waxing gibbous would be enough to reveal him. He'd have to be quick for the last part of the descent. The realization occurred that he would have no time to bid her farewell. It was nearly enough to stop his wings for a beat and, as it was, they still dropped a few feet rather quicker than he had intended.

He tried to focus on his flying. They descended through the thin air, reaching lower altitudes quickly enough. Here, it was warmer, though he doubted she'd notice through the feel of the harsh wind on her skin. The last thousand feet would be the tricky part. A wizard's spell might chance hitting him and he had to act quickly. There, a little woodland clearing not twenty feet off the main path, and no lamplight to indicate a soul on that path. She'd have to walk about a half a mile, but it was better than him getting them both killed. The descent quickened, almost a dive now. At the last moment, he unfurled his wings again, fluttering and landing with barely a sound. Carefully, he lowered her to the ground.

"I must leave. Go due south through the woods--" he indicated the direction with one wing "-- and then you should see the lights of town. Head that way. I must depart!" With that, he crouched down like a cat, springing into the air. Wings pumped madly to gain altitude, and then he was flying up, spiraling for a moment, and then gone, heading back to the cave.

And like that he was gone, and Sabelle was alone. With a sigh she dismissed the blanket spell she had used to contain her body heat and gave a slight shiver. Cold, hungry, and with a dark walk ahead of her, Sabelle set off to the town Ny had indicated to her. there was a numbness at her core that had nothing to do with her physical state that kept her from being as aware of her surroundings as she normally would have been, but she still found her way though the woods until the lights of the town showed her the way.

It became evident to Sabelle that time had indeed marched on. Things were not so unfamiliar that as she walked into the town she knew not what to do, but everything was strange and alien. When she made it to the first inn she saw she only hoped that she would not be turned away. There were vacancies, and while the innkeeper did seem to want to give her trouble, the gold piece she held in her hand soon changed his tune. She bought herself a room to sleep, food to eat, a bath and there was change to spare. She did indicate she was generous at tipping if service was good and she was treated as any guest should have been by that point.

The food was warm, as was the bath, but the bed was a surprise, again she had a real mattress. Surprised she wondered if she had bought a room used by nobles and not normal travelers. It didn't matter, she had time to be alone, to marvel at her fortune and weep for her lose. It was a very long night indeed.

The next morning Sabelle went out to explore the town. She needed travel supplies once more, what she had had been lost to the mist of time. Among the things she bought was a map. It seemed a good investment to her and the shop she bought it from had been recommended by two different people.

In the daylight things were even more odd and she had been given more then a few strange looks as she walked around, her clothing stating loudly she did not belong there. Finally in desperation for something familiar she asked about the local temple. It was not a temple of Mist Fire, but the name had been familiar as a good and complimentary sect of the faith.

Upon reaching the temple, grander then what she was use to, she felt uneasy where she had thought she would be at peace. On guard she walked through the threshold, looking around for a priest.

Ny returned to the cave, intending to gather his things and leave. He'd not had quite enough sleep, but he needed to move on. Now that this place no longer felt quite so unwelcoming, others might soon arrive to oust the young male from his chosen place. Treasure again netted, he set off, looking through the mountains for another, more hidden home.

It felt strange to leave, as though the cave now called to him. It rather felt like he'd forgotten something important there, and this fact bothered him as he searched until he finally gave up that dawn and returned to sleep there once again. It was still not the most welcoming place, and yet he was loathe to leave it. Or perhaps he just wished to be within reach of her, able to get to Sabelle's side quickly if needed. He frowned, curling up and resting his tail on his nose. Something was wrong. Why had he felt such a need to protect and help her? Why did he linger? Feeling a desperate need to protect something, he stood and moved to the treasure pile, curling up there instead of the floor. Ah, that was better, and he fell into a deep sleep almost immediately amongst the comfort of his hoard.

Dreams came again, dreams that he at first mistook for his youth, for the clothing styles the people wore were similar to the time of his hatching. And yet, things were different. Again, he felt as though he was in a foreign body. This time, things seemed clearer. He was at a human festival and, rather than chase him off, these humans welcomed him, guiding him into the circle to dance. Well, of course! He was here to enjoy the holy day, wasn't he? He laughed, his voice sounding flat compared to the resonant dragon's voice he was used to. But it didn't matter, all that mattered was the dance! He swept a young woman into his arms, spinning with her and dancing along the circle's outer edge before letting her go and stepping to the inner circle, finding another girl-- his cousin in this dream world-- moving to dance with him.

"I saw you the other night, cousin."

"I don't know what you are talking about, Jaelynne."

"I saw you and the priestess. You know, she's going to get you into so much trouble."

He laughed. "How could she ever get me in trouble?"

"Love is trouble. You really should just leave it alone and let Uncle find you a nice farm girl."

He crinkled his face at this thought. A farm girl, a simple, hard working farm girl. He wanted more out of life, he wanted her, wanted--

He woke to the sound of a piece of treasure falling down the pile. The dream had been strange. Already, it was fading. He made his way to the ledge and looked out over the sunlit valley. He'd barely been asleep two hours.

Finding a man in priestly robes tending the alter fire Sabelle waited, feeling her own robes in serious need of repair. She had extended some of her arcane art to release the dirt that had gathered in the cloth, but there were snags and small rips she did not have the tools to mend in a more mundane manner and no desire to magic up her robes if she could avoid it. Doing so would leave a lingering scent of magic.

When the man turned, she inclined her head, then looked up and smiled at him. He did not smile in return. "Hello good priest, it is a merry day, is it not?" she asked the question she was use to asking and hearing so many times throughout her life.

"It's a fair day," he said gruffly looking her up and down, the frown not leaving his face. This bothered Sabelle but she was at least schooling her features. At this point two more priests had entered from a side door, also both men. All three were much older then she was. She nodded to them, but as they looked at her their features became similar to their brother.

"I am afraid I have gotten myself turned around a bit in my travels," she said hoping that maybe she should just get to the heart of the matter, she wished that the accent of her words were not different then hers, but it seemed distance and time made her sound foreign. "I was hoping to find a temple of Mist Fire near.

"I'm just sure you were," the first priest actually growled. "And what did you plan to do to them if you found any of them?"

If he hadn't been so hostile sounding it was likely Sabelle might have missed the subtle formation of the trap spell the other two priests were performing. As it was she called upon her art and dismantled their spell before they got it up. It was her hope to try to reason with them at this point. "Brother, she IS a witch!"

"What? No! Listen, I just need..." she didn't get a chance to get more out as the first priest leveled a hardy energy ball at her. Sabelle had her protection spell up, and it cannibalized the weapon the priest had tried to wield. Three against one was unfair odds, just not exactly in the way the priests expected. Sabelle wanted no fight, and in desperation she called upon a wall of earth between her and her attackers. She heard their startled shouts as the floor shook slightly as her spell took affect, then she fled.

Townfolks saw her run, as did the watch. This made it easier for the priest, not numbering a score, who swelled out of the temple to give chase. Sabelle didn't know what to do, but to run, run out of the town and into the woods,must even then she knew the priests would follow. They thought her a witch, a person of arcane knowledge that used their powers not only for personal gain but in selfishness that harmed others, curse makers. "Calden, Calden what do I do?" she cried out, knowing he couldn't answer and yet her heart kept calling to him. Calden, Calden, Calden, Ny'v'thalnosan

Ny turned to go back into the cave. The dreams were wearying to his mind, but his body demanded sleep. There was an odd stirring, a feeling of something trying to get his attention, or rather, trying to slide past him and get the attention of someone... else? But then, suddenly, it was very clear he was being called for. His head snapped around and, before he could think, he had leaped from the ledge and was soaring, then diving. The call had been panicked, nearly palpable, and he knew that she was in danger.

He tried to go faster, flattening his wings to his body for the dive, then leveling out to get closer to the town. If only he were talented enough to teleport himself, this wouldn't be a problem. As it was, the watchguard seemed distracted enough that Ny'v'thalnosan was able to get close to the walls before the noise of his approach alerted them. He braced, feeling the ping of arrows against his scales. He was out of reach of any swords or spears, but the arrows were bothersome. And they were turning ballistae on him. Soon enough, they'd be a real danger, and he had to find her before that happened. There! She was running from a group of holy men. This was not going to be easy. He looked around, ignoring the arrows, even the few that skimmed his wings, and trying to find something to use.

Ah! There! In a burst of magic, he toppled a large cart of barrels. Bursting, the barrels spilled strong smelling liquor over the road between holy men and the fleeing woman. Several slipped and fell, taking others down with them. Only one managed to remain in pursuit, though by now they were yelling some nonsense about dragon familiars. Quickly, Ny dipped down and, without preamble, did the only thing he could think of to keep the girl safe as he escaped. He did not wish to hurt these people, anyway, so losing his potential for flame was an acceptable compromise. Quickly, he scooped her up in his forepaws and opened his mouth, using it and the handlike paws to keep her shielded. He only hoped she understood and didn't attempt to blow him apart from the inside.

While Sabelle had a number of defensive and offensive spells at her dispossle, she was not actually trained in the art of combat, and so by trying to flee she was frazzled, unnerved and having a hard time trying to think of a way to keep the misguided priests from her. She had sense enough for a misdirection spell, so that nothing but a chance shot should be able to get her, as trying to target her would end up with an arrow or spell going wide, as well as keep them from tackling her if they got too close.

With her thoughts mostly on escape she did not notice the large shadow from above, and in fact only looked up when she heard a confused shout about a dragon from far behind her. At this point, Ny was coming right at her. She had no notion of what he was planning on doing out when he picked her up she was stunned. The surpise was made more so when she realized he should not have been able to do so. That she was now in his hands, paws perhaps, and his his muzzle opened that she was looking at his very sharp teeth alarmed her some, but whatever he was doing, eating her wasn't it so she tried to not worry, for the moment she had very little control after all.

The priests wore a look of confusion and fear, but the guards didn't seem to care that the dragon had just snapped up the girl so easily. The ballistae kept turning. Ny's rear claws carved grooves into the ground before he rose into the air again. He dared not cast a spell, not while occupied with dodging the now very real threat of ballista bolts and holding the woman in his mouth. He winged up and backward as a bolt flew past him, embedding in a wall of a shop with an explosion of splinters.

Turning, he quickly fled, trying to gain distance at the expense of altitude. Unfortunately, the priests had their magic trained on the dragon, and one of the holy bolts splashed over his scales, bruising him but doing little more. Another bolt managed to shatter into a tree just to the front of him. He knew he couldn't wince, and through sheer willpower, he didn't as the splinter embedded itself in his wing leather. It wasn't a big piece, but it hurt! Still, he could fly.

Now, he chose to add altitude to his escape, lifting upward before he scared some unfortunate travelers. Once he was sure it was safe, he took Sabelle from his mouth and held her tight to his chest again. Only then did he let himself grimace from the irritation of the splinter. The cave was not far, not at the speed he was going, and soon they were safe within. Gently, he lowered her to the ground before twisting around to pull the splinter from his wing with his teeth, tossing it aside in irritation before flexing the wing to test that he hadn't done anymore damage. This took only a few seconds before he turned to give her his full attention, looking her over carefully from every angle to be sure she was unharmed.

"Dear lady, what has transpired to have you running in fear from the brethren of the city? I can only imagine that it was some trickery or vile thing that has occurred against you, else I've sorely misjudged your character, and I do not believe that is the case."

The next few moments were terrifying, for she was in the dark as to what was transpiring. It was with relief when he moved her, holding her to his body instead. As she got colder and colder she finally realized she needed to invoke a different spell then the one she had in place. The blanket like spell slowly improved things for her until they arrived once more at the cave, that in her mind she identified as belonging to Ny.

As he placed her on the ground, gently, and then took the splinter out of his wing, she hoped the injury was minor, wondering if he would even allow her to help. As a dragon he of course had his own magic to tend to what seemed an incidental injury, but he had gotten it trying to protect her. When he spoke she thought back to what had transpired not that long ago in the town.

"Friend Ny, I am admittedly somewhat puzzled as to what happened, but I will give you the account as best I can and perhaps you might help me piece together what happened." She then proceeded to tell him about her encounter at the temple. There was admittedly not much to tell. "I wonder by the way they spoke if something has happened to the Order, victimized somehow. They acted as though by me seeking them I was a threat. I know I can't go back home, but..." she blinked realizing that in a way she was wrong. She could go back home, it just wouldn't be the home she knew, but it was something at least and wasn't that what she had been intending to do, get back to the Order so that maybe, somehow, she could at least have one thing in her life that was vaguely familiar.

As she spoke, Ny frowned as much as a dragon can. He knew little of the ongoing politics of the human world, but she'd been endangered and the way she'd been treated angered him greatly. He drew a foot across the floor of the cave, sending up sparks with his claws. By the time she'd finished talking, he had turned and was ready to return to the village and burn the temple to the ground. As he stalked along, ignorant to her thoughts after she'd stopped speaking, his tail lashed violently.

"Stay here. They will regret their actions. None shall harm you."

He no longer wore the look of a friendly and gentle creature, but instead had the attitude of an angry and deadly predatory beast. His wings rattled and his scales fanned outward, making him appear larger than ever and as though clad in shimmering knife blades. He did not understand why he felt he must protect her, but this was an instinct beyond any he had felt. They would not threaten her again!

Sabelle's eyes went wide. This was not the reaction she had expected from a dragon. It was almost touching, except that it was very alarming. She had no idea what his plans were but it couldn't have been good. Desperately she put herself infront of him, her hands held out.

"No! Please, no." What if he was to enraged to listen to reason? She didn't know, but she had to start there. "They were frightened. Wrong or not, they reacted in fear and by you showing up their fear redoubled. They can't harm me here. I am safe, I will continue to be safe. Please stay."

By this point her hands were put together over her chest. She was not so proud not to beg if she needed to, and has she clinched her hands together, the movement of her arms caused her braclette to chime ever so slightly. Please don't leave me alone.

He could have easily stepped over her, and for a moment, that was the exact idea he had. But then, that bracelet chimed. It was like being hit behind the ear in that it stunned him. He paused midstep, shaking his head several times before leaning down to look at it. He risked a glance at her face, then suddenly found he couldn't look away. His raised foot lowered to the cave floor and he grumbled loudly. But she'd endured too much. He couldn't leave her now. He couldn't leave her.

"You seem to have enchanted me when I was not aware, Miss Sabelle." He sunk down on the ground, resting his head next to her. Part of him raged. He wanted to fly away and have his justice, but he found he could not leave this... human ... alone. He tilted his head so that the soft scales around his eyes and at the hinge of his jaw were close to her. "I will not go and do what should be done, not at the moment. But if anyone harms you again, they will pay the price of doing so. I promised to keep you safe."

He blinked, and for an instant, he was dancing again, only this time it was not with the cousin of the dream. It was gone all too quickly, though, and he was watching Sabelle again.