Thread Titles Are Communist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lame

Original poster
gta8u4C.png

Doctor_who_wave_hello_hi_gif.gif

Welcome to my little corner of the forum.
Don't be afraid to send a message my way. Also, please don't think I'm deathly boring from this post.

ebBqNVZ.png

PDFGWZc.png

1. I obviously expect you to actually read these.
2. Use proper grammar. This is kind of a no-brainer. I will not respond if you don't at least use proper capitalisation and punctuation. I understand the occasional slip up, none of us are perfect. Just please at least try.

3. I expect you to have decent comprehension skills. If your post contradicts something major in my post it seems like you're not even paying attention.
4. Each post should be at least a few well-sized paragraphs.

ebBqNVZ.png

Mo5jPfL.png

Instead of specific plots I have a few settings which I hope interest you. They better, after I spent all this time typing them out all nicely. If one interests you feel free to message me and I'll send you some of the more specific plot ideas I have for it.

Dystopian Future

POkcM3i.png

The year is 21XX, probably. I don't like getting specific when it comes to the future. Just like all those damn books foreshadowed, the government now has too much control. Most standard citizens experience a moderately comfortable life with a six day work week Curfews are strict and there's little time for social interaction. Eugenics is heavily employed and romantic interests are often disregarded. There's is very little outwards unrest from the people due to a mixture of propaganda pasted everywhere and the fact that all who step out of line even slightly are incarcerated.

What kind of dystopian future would this be without brain washing and "reeducation"? A piss poor one, clearly. The government doesn't waste its resources on just anyone, it focuses on the particularly disobedient scum who dare oppose their glorious regiment. The average citizen simply gets scared straight, but the rebels face a fate far worse than death. Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration but being forced to join those you'd been fighting so hard against probably isn't that fun, especially if they're extra sadistic and force you to hunt down your ex-friends. Fortunately the process of reeducation tends to wipe most memory so at least you won't remember who they were to you.

Fantasy Apocalypse

d9os6tX.png

The world and her all her nations had been thriving just days before but now the earth has been torn asunder. Many are dead and more are dying as natural disasters are occurring on an unheard of scale. The ocean has become a writhing mass sure to swallow up any who dare set sail. The very ground beneath the citizen's feet is tearing itself apart, opening rifts so large whole towns have been swallowed up. There are even rumours of beasts coming forth to wipe out those who've survived so far.

Most fear the gods have now forsaken us and that this is the end of days. Many are trying to head for the temples in hopes of appeasing the gods. Those who're brave enough are making the long trek north to where the gods are said to reside, though the path there is especially treacherous now that the world is decaying. Is this truly humanity's end or will a band of brave souls make it? Can the gods even be convinced to spare us?

Neo-Victoria

89jH7li.png

Technology and science have stagnated for so long that humanity has forgotten what true innovation is. Morality has degraded and so have the classes. The lower class now lives in true poverty, crime is the only practical way of surviving without risking life or limb in the factories. Cannibalism and culling the weak are expected practices. The rich are cold-hearted and prefer to live on in their bubble of luxury where all that matters is status. The most popular way to show of one's money is by getting the latest surgery, fashion having now evolved past mere clothing. There's now a layer of leech like surgeons living off the upper class, always trying viciously to come up with the next "fashion statement", even going so far as to trial their projects on whoever they can drag off the street.

I have other ideas which I'll add here later. I'm also completely open to creating something new or going along with something else someone's made.
Why're these damn things going to the left?

ebBqNVZ.png

d3C223v.png

I'll be adding a few sheets here later.
I'd also like to point out these headers. Don't they look fucking awesome?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Viverescribere
Yes, I completely agree. Those headers are so cool. It made the reading experience more enjoyable, in my opinion.
I also really liked your Dystopian Future setting. I'm down for creating an interesting plot, if you'd want to.

@Scout I'd be happy to. Feel free to send me a message.

I suppose I should elaborate at least a little bit on the setting. My idea obviously has the rebellion as the central point, since it the most interesting point of conflict going on. Unless you wanted to roleplay doing office work in the corrupt government? Now, the rebels aren't idiots. There have been many before them and, at this point, they're pretty good at staying secret, even though they're stuck in the city same as anyone else. They're made up of numerous smaller groups who interact with each other very little so if one group gets taken down the others are still safe. It's all very high-stakes since if someone gets caught then their family will also be taken into custody with them. Can't have those ideas of freedom spreading like a weed. This is all negotiable, of course. If you don't like it feel free to say so.

I'll await your actual message before I start shooting out proper plot ideas all over the place. There's just so many angles this can be worked at from.

Status
Not open for further replies.