• Hot button topics that I can watch implode into a shitpost shitstorm

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Calm, neutral discussions of serious stuff

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Silly, random discussions of silly stuff

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • "Look what I found!"

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I am going to complain that minibit couldn't find a concise way to describe my favourite thread!!

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
#someta
#iwakuhashtags
#cmonDianayouloveit

Definitely hot button topics that I can watch implode into a shitpost shitstorm, because I'm a misanthropic masochist and I just love the sweet combination of the pain born of reading the nonsense while at the same time finding new reasons to hate humanity. >:[

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Hana
LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

Those threads are pretty awesome. O_O

Reactions: Soulless
I voted the last option in the poll because I thought this would be a discussion about sewing threads. >:[ I was so stoked to talk about my favorite colors and fibers.

I voted the last option in the poll because I thought this would be a discussion about sewing threads. >:[ I was so stoked to talk about my favorite colors and fibers.
Knitting master race here. Sewing is for chumps.

Knitting master race here. Sewing is for chumps.
You should make a new thread to talk about threads! 8D
#aLessonInStayingOnTopicPart2
#aNewThreadisAlwaysanOption

As much as I shit post my preference is debates that are actually calm, mature and respectful.

Just that almost no one here handles those well and it ends up being a shit flinging thread...
So I go to my 2nd favourite.

• Thank You
Reactions: Minibit
As much as I shit post my preference is debates that are actually calm, mature and respectful.

Just that almost no one here handles those well and it ends up being a shit flinging thread...
So I go to my 2nd favourite.
I feel this on a spiritual level :(

I put my favourite as threads where I can discuss my interests, but I really really enjoy a calm, educational discussion a lot more. The trouble is I get tense when I even SEE a serious topic thread because I jsut know it's going to devolve into shitposting and people getting irritated at each other :(

I identify so hard with the difficulty in letting things lie when you know they're stupid or wrong, but honestly it's frustrating when a disagrement spoils a good discussion, yanno?

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I feel this on a spiritual level :(

I put my favourite as threads where I can discuss my interests, but I really really enjoy a calm, educational discussion a lot more. The trouble is I get tense when I even SEE a serious topic thread because I jsut know it's going to devolve into shitposting and people getting irritated at each other :(

I identify so hard with the difficulty in letting things lie when you know they're stupid or wrong, but honestly it's frustrating when a disagrement spoils a good discussion, yanno?
Well, my second favourite thing is Shit posting. So I don't get so annoyed when the Debate turns into that (though sometimes disappointed if the topic was really interesting and going well).

It's just that some people are so quick to attack anyone they disagree with, often times making it a game of personal attacks rather than honest and rational critique.
Which, also has the sad side effect of people will read/interpret posts in certain ways depending on whose posting it, so regardless to if they might actually agree or not they're not looking for the argument, they're looking for whose making the argument.

But yea, I've lately been trying to make efforts to avoid serious debates because I've seen enough of them on Iwaku turn sour to know it's usually just going to be more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hana and Minibit
Hot button topics that I can watch implode into a shitpost shitstorm

I get some kind of sick pleasure from watching these go down. You're free to judge me.

I like serious topics to discuss. However it's unfortunate there's always that douche bag that has to go and ruin it for everyone because they need to make thier impression on this site by being obnoxious and loud rather than clever and insightful. Though hopefully for most of them maturity will come with age. Unfortunately, for many it never will.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
My favorite threads are threads about food.

Reactions: Minibit
Status
Not open for further replies.