Thread Moved to Signups - INACCURATE Info!

J

Jester

Original poster
~~ Don't Dance with Fairies ~~
this thread has inaccurate information and has been moved to signups!
information there has been heavily updated - please use the signups thread as our OOC! thanks!

We have a Discord now!
Discord; Join the Faewilds Discord Server!

Discord Note - A LOT of lore and character information is stored here for safekeeping because this world is getting pretty detailed now! Please feel free to pop in for discussion and more lore information - but there will still be a main hub thread in the future!

Heyo I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a bigass RP group of all the fairies, elves, and humans you guys can muster! This thread's open constantly for newbies to join in, and the Discord now has a lorebook area wherein we'll keep track of major events! Feel free to chip in plot events you guys wanna see happen, and ideas - all ears are open until we're ready to make the official character signup thread. :D

The world is based in fairy lore, and also a mix of random things to maintain some sense of order and sense. Plots discussed so far are a Romeo and Juliet style cross between both kingdoms, some kidnappings that rustle the jimmies of the other races such as humans which could provoke a possible siege/war, and and some team-ups that could possibly bring down the tension between the Seelie and Unseelie themselves. Still lots to chat about to see how big we can really make this - characters branching off and RPing with each other in their own trips during RP is probably going to be a thing, don't worry about it and have fun! Worldbuilding, yay!

Characters Needed;
-- Various Fairy and Elf Nobles (Post OC Info Here)
-- Humans for Various Reasons (Post OC Info Here)
-- Various NPC's (Whenever Needed!)

Characters Acquired;
-- Unseelie King - Jester - Authello
-- Seelie King - Gremory - Demiter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The Seelie Kingdom
seelie-Annike-Andrews.jpg

Art; Annike-Andrews, DA

---- Generally classic bright and happy magical forest type of fairies and elves. They protect nature, and generally do good things; protecting the forest from those who plan to poach animals or burn down trees. They have very high standards of society and prefer to keep to themselves, but they open up to other races in terms of trading and learning about other stories, lore, and culture. They are warm, welcoming, and often helpful to those who are in need. Some can be tricky and mischievous, but they usually don't go out of their way to permanently hurt another life - including humans.

---- They lose their power in the night, when the Unseelie's moon rises into the sky. Their strengths are derived from the heat and photosynthesis of the sun that brings life to their trees and plants, and so they are deeply connected to it. Most have animal companions, or creatures they've managed to create purely from magic and are very rare. The magic-made ones tend to be intelligent, and sometimes have the abilities to speak. They have taken magic to an art level, and spend a lot of time singing things into existence, or creating twisting, winding trees, and unique glowing plants to bring them light at night.

---- In terms of politics, Seelie tend to be very calm, quiet, and peaceful in how they choose their kings and queens. They do not go through bloodborn right, or births. They choose kings and queens according to need, or if their prior monarch dies. They choose the one amongst them they find is most fitting, with the mental demand to handle the tasks of the people in order to rule effectively, and choose according to magic defense rather than offense. Meetings are common, as are flower celebrations and feasts. Most of these are done in honest good will and fortune, yet it is still advised to be reserved if offered vigorous hospitality; what is offered must then in turn be repaid.

The Unseelie Kingdom
unseelie-melissa1412.jpg

Art; melissa1412, DA

---- The Unseelie tend to be silent in speech and walk, and usually when they talk, it's for their own selfish purpose and manipulation. Not all that come from the Unseelie are evil, however the evil ones all do. They tend to find lost humans or elves in the forest, and pretend to be of the Seelie Kingdom, coaxing them to their rare nighttime dances and parties. DO NOT dance with fairies. Unseelie who offer food and drinks tend to hold that debt to whoever they offered it too, and it is advised, Seelie or Unseelie alike, to try to avoid falling into a sense of debt with them. Fae know that humans are particularly weak to this, since they have no sense of magic at all, and will ask repayment in impossible tasks, taking "offense" to the lack of hospitality they were offered.

---- While the Unseelie have an unsavory reputation, and the Seelie absolutely despise them, they tend to avoid war with each other on grounds that neither side wants to die. Seelie avoid it because they are afraid. Unseelie avoid it because they are selfish enough in their own desires that they want to continue living, and in a sort of unspoken peace, do not throw their brothers and sisters into battle for their sakes as well. They in turn, are reserved amongst each other, and very rarely hold events with parties - but when they do, they are wild, loud, and full of light shows in the darkness.

---- They are hedonists who are often slaves to their own desires. This tends to make them impulsive, compulsive, and slow-witted in terms of sense, wherein Seelie are collected and think before they act. Hedonism sometimes leads to unsavory hobbies, activities, or accidental lack of knowledge or social awkwardness. This isn't always intentional. All Unseelie lose power during the daytime, and most are therefore nocturnal when the moon rises in the sky again.

Those Who Walk the Middle Road
Some fae are outcasts to both sides for practices that ostracize them from their own kind. They are called Rogues, and can either be in a faction and often an outcast while being there, or choose to leave and live alone. They are neutral - some are good, some are bad. Beware.

----------------------------------------

Unseelie-King.png

Name
: Authello (Aulo)
Gender/Sex: Male/Male
Titles: Lord of Spiders, Lord of Night & Cold Race:
Fairy (Wingless)
Height: 7'
Weight: 190lbs

Lord of Spiders:
Aulo had always had an affinity with nightmares, and one of the biggest feeds of energy to bad dreams is spiders. Slowly over time, he warped spiderlike, and has the ability to telepathically communicate with the mass swarm that inhabits his castle. They are fist-sized, solid black, and have the ability to speak in very high, sweet female voices. The Augury (messengers/messengers of death) do his dirty work, and also maintain the castle in place of servants. One inparticular is named Samantha (Sam) and likes to perch on his shoulder, or under his hat. She is his Whisperer, or spy, and while sweet, is not to be trusted. Like a spider, Aulo prefers meat, and rarely has prisoners in his dungeons. He eats them, and this often causes fear and unrest amongst the Seelie who know about it.

Lord of Night & Cold:
After his affinity with spiders began to change him, his association with darkness and fear led the Moon to choose him as his Avatar. He rules the nighttime - if destroyed, the Moon will also be subsequently destroyed. At some point, he hopes to become the Moon himself, and repeat the god's cycle - but that day is not today. The Moon bestowed upon him the gift of ice, and he uses it to his best ability in dire need. He can freeze and unfreeze any liquid, including blood, and has established his castle partly out of ice. The Unseelie Appointment: Those of the dark fae respected his powers over darkness and fear, and given his gifts of ice the Moon himself gave to him, he was seen as a mighty force with knowledge and power enough to command their kingdom. When the prior Unseelie King died, he summoned Aulo to the court to offer him the position. Not just for his power, but also for his penchant to playing fair and also just. Over time, he grew quiet and distant, yet reasonable. While he may look the part of a fool, only true fools disregard the words of other's mouths.

Personality:
Aulo is aloof, odd, and mostly silent. He rarely speaks unless spoken to for a question, and his voice is calm and resonant. He prefers most of his time alone, smoking his hookah, and maintaining order and peace. This peace is tense with the Seelie Kingdom, but neither side seems to make a move to start a war - and he particularly loathes the prospect of it. The unspoken treaty of both kingdoms keeps the fae alive, and that's his bottom line. To protect his people. He comes off cold, distant, and possibly rough, but in actuality is very much a softie. He has a weakness with ladies, and often acts as much a gentleman as he can. While he tends to be sophisticated and calm, his punishments in his kingdom are often cruel, to set as examples. The Unseelie Kingdom has a surprising lack of crime due to this, and since he comes off so calm and collected, it is considered "unpredictable." Truly, it's only when deserved, in his eyes. Do not think he is unapproachable - he will always extend hospitality, even if Seelie.

Relationship to the Seelie:
He will always show respect and commitment to peace, even if the Seelie do not get along well with him. He is aware the bad fae often come from his own kingdom - but makes a point that not all Unseelie are evil, and strives to prove this point. He hopes at one point the unspoken treaty of peace is never broken, and while most show him fear, especially in company of the Augury, he always maintains his collected calmness in public to prove a point. He hopes to someday clear the reputation. Evil fae in his kingdom often get away with their deeds, only because Aulo has not heard of it yet. But when justice is due, he delivers.

If Needed in RP:
There may come a time in branched off personal RP that you may want Aulo a part of a scene or situation - feel free to ping Jester with the link, so that we can catch up, and it will be roleplayed, as he is not an NPC. Jester is always open for pings and will respond when available!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess anyone who just wants to explore the world and see where they'd fit in for their own story arch!

Could be adventurers, folks just passing through to get to someplace else, alchemists looking for ingredients, folks who purposefully sought out fairies to see if they were even real..... lots of possibilities.

Reactions: junebug
What is the plot and conflict?

Not sure, that's why I posted in the plotting forum. :D Any ideas you guys think would be interesting? The Seelie and Unseelie aren't often prone to war, they just kinda stick to themselves, so there's a whole lot of little plots and side-stories we can do too.

We could maybe do a kind of "slice of life" to start off, and see if a plot develops as we go?

Demiter (Demi)

https://66.media.tumblr.com/7f4cad200701f13ae8c713c1a7049c32/tumblr_ov56g3e75e1u77b5io1_500.jpg

- Seelie King -
Demiter initially rose through the ranks as one of the few soldiers the Seelie Kingdom has. Due to the fact that the Seelie Kingdom is peaceful, other than the odd raid by some of the more nefarious magical creatures those who are employed as Soldiers have incredible skill wielding the sword & shield, and the bow. It was due to this skill and the need for a strong king that led him to be nominated by the Nobles of the Kingdom.

- The Sun King -
Due to being born in the Seelie Kingdom, Demiter has a close relationship with light and the Sun, being able to wield it in a number of differing ways. He can utilize light in ways many can't, which made him a prime candidate for King as it symbolizes the Kingdom.

- Forest Lord -
Just as those in the Seelie Kingdom have a close relationship with the sun, they also have a close relationship with the forest they live in. Demiter, in particular, is able to converse with those animals that have the ability to take flight. This is useful as he can send messages and scout areas with relative ease.

His main animal companion is Tali, a female Golden Eagle which Demiter had created.

Personality
Demiter is stoic and headstrong, but not to mention gentle and thoughtful. When talking to Demiter, it is hard to gauge his emotions and thoughts if you're not accustomed to his nature.

Being relatively new on the throne Demiter takes his role very seriously as he is in charge of the peace and safety of the whole Seelie Kingdom. While Demiter is able to enjoy a good joke, he more often than not isn't making them and isn't reacting to them due to his high status as King. Loved by his people and those in his court, his castle is one of high morale, usually gauged by the happiness of the servants.

Demiter believes in the Path of Justice, following it like a creed. He believes himself to be righteous due to the path he follows as a soldier defending good and the fact that his alignment was a large reason the nobles and people wanted him as King. While this stance and path may put him at odds against the Unseelie King from time to time, Demiter is mentally strong enough to put things aside for the greater goal of lasting peace between the Kingdoms.

Misc

Due to the relation with the forest and birds, Demiter has the rare ability to use wings to fly. Even though this ability is available, he tends to use magic to fly as it makes him less of a target and helps conceal his position.

The ability to talk to all birds isn't very rare, but it's rare enough to mention.

Demiter has a special connection with Light and the Forest. He is able to manipulate light, and he can also feel and read the forest as it's alive with its own energy. Being able to read the forest allows him to seek things that are both natural and unnatural however it's limited to the size of the forest he is in.

Demiter also has abilities over fire, in stark contrast to the ice abilities of the Rival King Aulo.

Last edited:
Aaand first post updated! <3
Still looking for nobles and other assorted folks. :D

Hmm, not really sure how the two would merge together then if there's no war going on. Like, what big thing (or even better, threat) would ultimately bring them together so all the characters interact with one another? Something that forces them to work together or mutually agree that they need to join forces (or even war if some baddie pitted them against one another). Side plots are cool and all but a story isn't really a story without a main plot.

Slice of life style without direction is not my personal go to, however, if that's what others want, I'm not stopping anyone. Just think that for me, I need a bit more direction and conversation from everyone before I personally make any kind of commitment.

Well that's what the Plotting thread is for - pitching ideas. I set up the world setting, I'm looking for folks to give out ideas in order to flesh out an overarching plot that we can all agree on before I move it to the official sign-ups board for folks to post characters.

If you have any particular ideas, feel free to throw one out.

Perhaps a group of humans come across the Fae and try to steal or capture them which results in a forced alliance between the Seelie and Unseelie? That's just my two cents.

Well that's what the Plotting thread is for - pitching ideas. I set up the world setting, I'm looking for folks to give out ideas in order to flesh out an overarching plot that we can all agree on before I move it to the official sign-ups board for folks to post characters.

If you have any particular ideas, feel free to throw one out.

I just gave an idea so we'll see what happens. :P

Perhaps a group of humans come across the Fae and try to steal or capture them which results in a forced alliance between the Seelie and Unseelie? That's just my two cents.

That's an interesting idea, especially considering kidnapping is a common lore device. It'd make sense if the humans were attempting to maybe steal a person back who was already stolen from them? But with messed up memories, the other person would have no idea what was happening, and neither side thinks they're wrong.... Hmmm.

Reactions: Ur Degaton
I'm all for kidnapping 😂 I don't mind being the kidnapped one if it comes down to that

Kidnapping definitely opens up a LOT of possibilities. Especially cuz if people branch off into their own directions, it can still be used as a major plot point by everybody. :D

Romeo and Juliet plot points between the two kingdoms is also a definite possibility - and not just limited to like two people, but for instance, that could be a way to bring an actual peace over both places rather than an irritated tension to avoid war. :o

• Love
I kinda have a plot it is mine

Kidnapping definitely opens up a LOT of possibilities. Especially cuz if people branch off into their own directions, it can still be used as a major plot point by everybody. :D

Romeo and Juliet plot points between the two kingdoms is also a definite possibility - and not just limited to like two people, but for instance, that could be a way to bring an actual peace over both places rather than an irritated tension to avoid war. :o

Loooove the Romeo and Juliet concept! Have to decide which kingdom my character will come from! All depends on the lore from each kingdom, history, significance of their symbols (sun & moon), abilities, festivities & activities, hierarchy, etc. 🤔

Maybe to expand on the idea of kidnapping and such, why don't we have a force that is inherently against the Fairies and Elves? I think it would make sense that even though the separate fairy kingdoms are opposites, that they would have a common enemy. Such as other races. An empire of humans. Factions within that empire. Orcs. Goblins. Any outside factor that could force the Seelie and Unseelie kingdom into a forced peace for the continuation of their people.

I have found that a common enemy can bring people together, despite their differing ideologies and ideas.

I would also like to mention that I'm currently the Seelie King. I would love to have some close connections to others so if you'd like to have a relation with Demiter (Of any kind) PM me so we can set it up!

Last edited:
Maybe to expand on the idea of kidnapping and such, why don't we have a force that is inherently against the Fairies and Elves? I think it would make sense that even though the separate fairy kingdoms are opposites, that they would have a common enemy. Such as other races. An empire of humans. Factions within that empire. Orcs. Goblins. Any outside factor that could force the Seelie and Unseelie kingdom into a forced peace for the continuation of their people.

I have found that a common enemy can bring people together, despite their differing ideologies and ideas.

Love the idea- That ties into the whole kidnapping of a faery or faeries by humans. The humans hate 'em, they have some internal motivation that makes them kidnap a faery or faeries. I don't remember there being elves; I may have overlooked that fact. Regardless, love the idea.

Love the idea- That ties into the whole kidnapping of a faery or faeries by humans. The humans hate 'em, they have some internal motivation that makes them kidnap a faery or faeries. I don't remember there being elves; I may have overlooked that fact. Regardless, love the idea.

I'll be honest I love your name. Ironically enough in RPGs of almost all kinds, I go with the name Kat Gremory. Hell that's even my name in my NHL19 game

Oooooh yeah that's a really good idea! Adds some tense interactions outside the kingdoms, too - that opens up other opportunities for communications. :D