Thread creation question

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bagofgroceries

Original poster
Hello,

I was trying to post an RP advert which I already have the HTML made for that works on every other side I've posted it on, but when I try it here it just shows up as HTML still during the preview. Is there not a ordinary HTML option during the thread creation process? I feel very silly for needing to ask this, I'm sure it's just a button I am missing so that things like <b>this</b> work.

Thank you for any help you guys can offer :)

Unfortunately the forum software that Iwaku runs on doesn't have a doHTML feature like some others - it's all BB Code. But I'm sure you could quite easily convert it by opening a notepad document and replacing all the code tags with brackets! I do that sometimes. :D

You can use bbcode and css (if you look at Willow's tutorial here you can see her using the css and bb code to do fancy things) but it does not support using html on most of the site, no.

To add to this thread, there are security reasons that most modern forum software doesn't allow HTML to be parsed and posted by default. A malicious actor could easily enclose a redirect in <script> tags that takes you to viruses.

Unfortunately the forum software that Iwaku runs on doesn't have a doHTML feature like some others - it's all BB Code. But I'm sure you could quite easily convert it by opening a notepad document and replacing all the code tags with brackets! I do that sometimes. :D
Thank you! I tried opening it up in docs and Find + Replacing all the brackets and then pasting it in the BB Code tool but it still isn't working? When you say brackets you just mean these right '[' and ']' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.