Thoughts on Ouija? (Game or Movie)

It was a cool thing to play with in my youth, but that's really all it was to me. A play thing. I do enjoy challenging ghosts but one has yet to respond to my wise cracks.

The movie looks pretty terrible. It's PG-13 and the chicks make me roll my eyes. I doubt it would even get much of a chuckle out of me.

If that's directed towards me, I'm saying the movie looks scary, haha!
Oh, no it's not really dear, if the movie is frightening to you, all good. Alien Isolation scares the !@#$ out of me and it's just pixels generating a giant black rape monster from space. I just don't want people to be scared of a wooden toy you can buy at a Walmart because of ancient mysticism that really had nothing to do with the Ouiji board.

Kind of like if people were scared of a wooden board with numbers and letters on it that just sits there and doesn't do anything. You'd try to help coax them out of that fear because it's irrational. There's plenty of stuff you can be reasonable scared of, an Ouiji board?... Eh'... Even if you're the supernatural kind of person, it still seems really silly to me.

Although I am technically agnostic in regards to religion, I strongly believe in the existence of spirits good and bad. So for me, the game board makes me incredibly uncomfortable. I view it as a door. And when you play with it, you're inviting spirits to become attached to you. Only, you don't get to choose the spirit. And just like the pecking order, the strong and the ruthless will climb over top of the weak and the docile. So basically I'm saying that playing with that game is just opening yourself up to harmful spirits.

As for the movie, I kind of want to see it. Especially because it's centered around something that scares me. I'm like that with all of the horror movies I enjoy. I guess it's alright with me because there is a fine line between fiction and real situations?