Thoughts on Anonymous/Finest/Lizard

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kelsi Kitsune

Original poster
I've been watching lots of videos on Finest Squad going against Lizard Squad, as well as Anonymous going up against the both of them. They all operate through DDoS. LS DDoS's things just for the fun of it, FS is apparently a group that had cropped up to stop them, and Anonymous claims that the FS leader is actually the LS leader as well, and has sold out some of LS to save himself. Anonymous claims that they are going to take them both down.

What are your thoughts on this subject? Who do you side with? Why has not a single person gotten a bag of popcorn for this whole thing? Personally, I side with Anonymous. I don't care who or what Finest is, but Lizard Squad is nothing more than a bunch or hackers with nothing better to do than ruin peoples fun on all platforms.

Besides, who wouldn't like this?
We are Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not forgive. Expect us.

You can't tell me that isn't badass, or that you wouldn't have used it if you happened to think of it first. We know you'd be lying.

Hacking groups are whining at each other now?

ffs.

It's not even 'hacking'.

It's DDoS'ing.

Back in ye' old 4chan days passing around the LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon) in raid and invasion threads was pretty common. All you had to do was punch in a URL and you'd begin to ping their server.

These guys are doing the same thing, not even hacking, just flooding a server until shutdown. Which is costly and annoying.

At least 4chan did it to people that they could get a rise out of.

It's not even 'hacking'.

It's DDoS'ing.

Back in ye' old 4chan days passing around the LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon) in raid and invasion threads was pretty common. All you had to do was punch in a URL and you'd begin to ping their server.

These guys are doing the same thing, not even hacking, just flooding a server until shutdown. Which is costly and annoying.

At least 4chan did it to people that they could get a rise out of.
Pretty much this.

The fact that these idiots have fanboys is disheartening.

Reactions: Windsong
While trudging through cyberspace, you are suddenly assaulted by a terrorist organization known as the Lizard Squad, cutting all connection to HQ and leaving you practically stranded in the stagnant basemen- CRYPTS- of your forefathers. Word from the Real Life suggests that a group known as the Finest Squad is working to combat the terrorists, yet reaching them will prove nearly impossible. Unable to travel into the ethereal worlds that you mostly occupy your time with, you are forced to confront Real Life, which compromises of an array of arduous tasks including taking a shower, going to work, and shaving your neck beard.

Will you be able to fight your way to the top of the stairs, and confront your fathers? Or will you fall asleep and piddle on your PC until Sony fixes this problem, allowing you to resume your last save? How much longer will you wait..?

Choose your destiny now, in NEET Life 2: The Lizardpeople Attack

It's not even 'hacking'.

It's DDoS'ing.
Anonymous is a loosely associated international network of activist and hacktivist entities. A website nominally associated with the group describes it as "an internet gathering" with "a very loose and decentralized command structure that operates on ideas rather than directives".

Long as these groups don't bother me, I could care less about their silly little squabbles.

Reactions: LunaValentine
@Windsong, you may want to watch this video. Anonymous has hacked things before. They've hacked and taken over sites to show they're serious. Not everyone hacks, I know, but I've heard plenty about Anonymous hacking various sites, to get their point across. Would it be considered hacking, to hack live news feed, on Fox news, if I'm correct? Anonymous DDoSes, and hacks.

@Windsong, you may want to watch this video. Anonymous has hacked things before. They've hacked and taken over sites to show they're serious. Not everyone hacks, I know, but I've heard plenty about Anonymous hacking various sites, to get their point across. Would it be considered hacking, to hack live news feed, on Fox news, if I'm correct? Anonymous DDoSes, and hacks.
Yeah.. I remember when Anon went to town on plenty of things. I was a part of those threads and watched as they went down.

Religious nut-job. Football players trying to hide from the law. Girl throwing puppies in a river. Kid beating up his cat.

It's generally a mob mentality when it comes to Anonymous. Though if you want to consider it an entity its completely Chaotic Neutral.

And yes, it would be considered hacking to HACK a live news feed. If you want to get technical, it's called hijacking?

I generally dislike Hacktivism. However, Anon is the one that I have the best defined opinion of:

I won't say that I outright hate them. To be fair, their actions have led to fall of worse monsters (they're quite morally superior to the KKK, for example), and for that I will give them my respect.

HOWEVER, I will also say that the group terrifies me to no end. Imagine, if you will, an army of well, anonymous entities all acting in secret. They know how to control any system hooked up to the internet. They have no structure, leader, or even clearly defined goals that each member can take as far as they please. Think about how destructive a group like that could be. I won't support it.

I can't really say 'yay' or 'nay' on this because there's good and bad things. Like Doctor McCoy said, when given the power some people just can't help but play the part of a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.