Those Who Beat The Flames (IC) (Closed)

((An OOC may be just the thing we need! That way, we can explain our plots if anyone is failing to understand another person's, and we can suggest/request things for the future. I'll leave it up to the creator of this main thread to decide, though =3.

Also, welcome! >w<))

Xenia couldn't help but return the smile at seeing she couldn't make the girl lose her focus so easily. She questioned what the chances would be that releasing that information would come back to bite her; if she were honest with herself, unless she was doing something particularly risky, her identity was out in the open for the world to see. There were no attempts to hide her complexion, that alone could probably have had her plucked from a crowd a long time ago. It was an asset, much like Shena described, a disguise to hide in plain sight.

"It's Xenia." She finally said, feeling the name spill from her lips strangely. It was not in the distant girl's nature to introduce herself and among her peers of sorts, names were never exchanged, only fists, feet and insults. "My name."

There was something strange she felt, although she wouldn't admit it, about sharing her name with someone. For a brief second, she didn't feel like a petty thief and murderer who lived from job to job, from kill to kill. No, for this one moment she felt like a normal young woman, but relieving as it may have been it simply wasn't who she was. The frivolousness of the life of a young women never appeal to her past the facade of grace created through gowns of silk and satin and jewel encrusted bobbles.

A chuckles escaped from her lips, she was in fact questioning how much the girl was worth based on her location. Those who lived close to the castle were not your average common folk and she couldn't help but wonder how many times she had passed Shena's humble abode on her way to nab goodies from an unsuspecting nobleman's home. At the question, Xenia quirked a brow, unsure of how to respond. She had no real home, as a traveler, she home was where ever she chose for it to be.

"My home?" After another moment, she jerked a thumb backwards from where they came, towards the thick wood forest and rushing rivers and small woodland critters. If anything felt like home should, it was that. "You'd be surprised how difficult it is to settle down when you've always got a new target. But tonight I don't intend to return and have a ride encounter with my rabble rousing friend. I'll visit a tavern and find an inn to stay in after I make a visit to a friend in the upper district."

It wasn't entirely a lie. She did know people farther into town, people who paid high prices for the theft of documents and slit throats of nonpaying patrons and it was about time to use their location to her advantage one more. Tripping into the hold of a nice unsuspecting nobleman would be enough for the night and all she would have to endure was a sharp scolding for a good drink and warm bed. The smile on her face broadened, it wasn't a perfect life but it was a free one.

"So I guess I shall accompany you a bit farther."

When the other elf appeared, Thaniel do used on her, rather than pay attention to the cat and the human. Once they were alone, he said to her, "You're not a human. I will not force you out. But don't interfere with my work. I'm the guardian of this forest, as my family has always been. I will not allow another burning of my forest." With that, he turned from the elf before he headed to the edge of the clearing, where some of the trees were.

Gently, he ran his hand along the bark of one, sighing quietly. He could tell that using the forest to fight hurt the trees, and he let the trees give him some of that pain, wincing as it filled him.

Name: Mike
Power: has an invincible shield but can only be used for a small amount of time
He is hot headed and lazy
rather fight than flight
is short than most adults and has brown hair and eyes is is white but has a dark tan normal armor for knights

"Nice to meet you, then," Shena said. In a vague, but potent way, she felt as if she had won something; tamed a part of the world's evil. It was silly, but still, she was pleased.

What was more; Xenia lived in the wood! She was one of the people that had called it home, lived it in its fullest while she had been wasting her time being a bitter teenager and sulking in the back rooms of her mother's home and workplace. She was someone that knew the wood in all its glory before the flames. The thought made Shena giddy, and somehow made the evil rumbling that had witnessed earlier in the day less terrifying, like a memory that could be folded away and tucked in a discreet drawer somewhere in the attic.

"What was it like?" Shena asked, "The woods before the fire. I've only heard what they wrote in the city paper: a lot of people saying a lot of different things. And the paintings of Deoran Navil - the one they call the local god of the brush, are they accurate? Did it really look that grand, or did his dreams and wishes bleed into the colours?" They were at the stables by now, and she unburdened the mule with memorised movement, slinging the two satchels she had put in its saddlebags over her own shoulders. "Ever since I watched the smoke rise," she said, "I've regretted not walking into those trees sooner."

Last edited by a moderator:
Alda began to whistle a soft tune. It was a sweet melody yet had a very low pitch. She walked slowly. Very slowly, causing others around her to shove past, mumbling that they had a life to get on with. Amused by their seemingly unnecessary hurry, she smiled to herself. Her tune changed to a slow melody. It chilled anyone who dared to stop and listen which pleased the girl. Alda had a sick mind, that was something she knew and accepted. When one would feel empathy towards someone in pain, Alda would find joy and delight. The sounds of chaos was music to her ears and the knowledge that she had caused made all the more sweeter. She hated loud noises, that is, unless it was the sound of shattering glass or splintering wood. Or even the sound of anything breaking. Her favourite sound of all was the screams of the unfortunate souls who had fallen by her hand.

Finally the red-haired girl arrived at the butcher. She entered through the front door, the door bell chiming to let the owner know he had a customer. No sooner had the charcoal black door closed behind her than a large man brandishing a meat cleaver appeared behind the counter. His white and thinning hair was in a hair net and his grey eyes held a warmth that was awefully hard to find. "How can one help ya, Missie?" he asked in a low yet cheerful voice. He leaned on the counter, making himself seem a bit shorter so that Alda didn't have to look so high.

"Just a steak would do," the girl replied, offering a fake smile. The butcher man nodded, turning around and packing away a steak.

"Is that all?" he asked, tying the knot and turning back. After receiving a nod, he smiled. "Twelve goldies, thanks." Alda nodded again, handing over the twelve golden coins in return for the steak. She waved back to the man as she left the building, the door chiming shut behind her. She walked out onto the street, dragging out the steak and dumping the rubbish in the nearest bin. Then and there she started devouring the meat, hardly stopping to wipe the blood from her face. She ignored the stares she received from the mess, but she knew it wouldn't be hard to clean it up.

Wiping her face clean, she started towards the hotel, hoping to get her pay, and possibly a little more if the man decided to be difficult. Some of her employers tended to not want to pay her after the job was done and so, like any other, she got her pay by killing and robbing them. They didn't always have the money needed to pay her in full, which was always a possibility, but more often than not, they would have more than what was needed.

Alda wiped her hands on her pants, then opened the door to The Thistle Hotel, taking a step inside. his particular hotel was known for its variety in alcohol served at the bar. Alda often met her employers in bars as they would usually offer her free drinks and try to poison her. She would only ever pretend to drink the stuff, though, and they often got pissy because of it. Sighing to herself, she made her way over to a grubby looking man whom had dragged a waitress into his lap. The lady screamed, slapped him and stormed off. Seems he was already drunk. The assassin walked over to the man and drew up a seat at the table across from him.

"Ah, thlere she is, my ffflavoulite grrrl. Aren you pwetty tonlight." ht eman drooled a bit as he slurred his words. Forget drunk, he was plastered.

"The job is done. Where's my pay?" Alda asked, her voice low, pitched perfectly so that he could hear under the chatter of the bar.

"Aaah?" The man frowned, "Dun yah wanna prray first?" he leant forwards, going to touch her chest. In a flash, her blade was in the middle of his hand, pinning it to the table.

"My pay. Now," she growled, leaning closer as she changed her eyes to a red. colour. Frightened, the man fumbled for his money, dropping his wallet in front of her.

"Lake lit allll!" he whimpered. Alda grinned, taking the wallet and looking through it. There was definitely more than enough money here. Nodding to the man, she stood and pulled out her blade roughly, causing him to cry out in pain. 'Pathetic,' she thought, shaking her head at his cries.

Vallus continues to lay powerless on the grass, knocked out as a small trickle of blood fell down his nose, his armour no longer shining but dull in colour as before. Mumbling in his sleep, he knew he had failed his chance because of his reckless attitude, and his sister's death had overwhelmed his emotions and respect. The murderer had gone limp in the chains and given up his struggle, although he continued to try and free his arms as he hatefully looks upon the girl that restrained him.
"Gack! Free me, you little kid! Ignore what he says, he has no idea of my intentions! Free me... free me, and I'll make it worth your while!" The short, fat man pleads in an unfriendly, growling voice.

A rustling could then be heard coming from the brushes behind Vallus' knocked out body and the murderer binded. Slowly, a female figure appears from the brush: a tall girl with long, flowing gingery hair, and shining white chain mail, the same colour Vallus' armour used to be. In her hand she wielded a huge tower shield with the symbol of Atmos on it, and for some reason she didn't wield a weapon anywhere on her body. Her chain mail gently shimmering as she walked and jingling in the little loops it was set in, she walks cautiously to Vallus' prone body, and gives a disapproving sigh as her ginger hair gently flicks about in the wind.
"Tsk... Vallus... you were always too reassured. But I'd never have thought it would come to this..." The armoured girl mutters as she kneels by Vallus' body, putting the shield on a strap at her back and lifting up the body with both of her arms. She looks to the murderer in the chains, and glares at him, before looking to the girl in the hat with a bell. Surveying her surroundings carefully, she could see two wood elves in the distance. That was her cue to go - the armoured girl knew how protective the wood elves were of their land, and how they hated humans like her... even if she and Vallus had nothing to do with the king and his greedy rule of land. Personally, she hated the king, and his burning of forests. She turns back to the girl with a belled hat and gives a small bow with Vallus' body in her powerful arms.
"Greetings, madam. I trust my accomplice here was at his usual recklessness? Although I can understand his anger for the death of Alexis... he was always naive about the woods. Unfortunately, he has been dishonoured, it seems... my... it seems his hair has been cut. An awful shame, but he still has hope to be redeemed." The armoured girl says thoughtfully, then blinks suddenly.
"Oh, pray, listen to me and my ramblings. I'll introduce myself. I go by the name of Lina, and like Vallus here, I am a student of the temple of Atmos. We are known as the purifiers of the area, but unfortunately for Vallus, those privileges have been taken from him for the disrespect of another's land, and his reckless attitude. I give you permission to do whatever you wish to this scum of a man." She mutters with a small kick to the murderer's corpse, then Lina turns to the direction back out the forest.
"Farewell. Were you a friend of his? I know not of Vallus' acquaintances... you may follow if you wish." Lina says, then turns back to the direction of the road, carrying Vallus' slowly breathing body in her arms. She had a powerful body, and behind her chain mail was powerful muscles, easily able to lift Vallus and the dull grey armour he now wore.

The girl looked back at the man then at The female warrior.... the little sorceress shrugs as she comes closer to the woman "Naaah let him get eaten by wolves~ Im commin with ya!" She beamed as her bell ringed happily while her vivid blue eyes sparkled. her legs feeling sore she decided to summon a horse "Wait for me i have to summon something.." she said.

Jumping high she landed a few feet away from her as she makes a huge black magic circle on the ground then gives a little chant as she summons a white demon horse its mane flaming with golden light and its bloody red eyes staring at her before bowing down on its master. Smiling she sits on its back as she rides towards to the woman then stares at her with interest...

"Atmos huh..... maybe you should tell me more about him..As for this Man name Vallus unfortunately im just his acquaintance "

her black hair flowed as she pats her short violet dress while her black boots swinging back and forth . "Call me Anna im just a young sorceress who happens to summon creatures.... some say they're monsters because they're creepy looking~ and i know alot of spells due to my uncle's spell books.." Anna giggled as she grinned softly.

" Sooo I'll be following you so lead the way~ Its been a long time since I've traveled. "

Xenia tried to think back, but what once was the peaceful woodlands was long gone. The first time she set foot here, a child sent off by her mother on a test, she found it to be eerie and intimidating with its looming trees, dark damp caves and random rustles from the gods' know what. At the time, she had no idea that the land was a place of peace and was constantly on her guard. But as the days passed, Xenia fell in love with the soft carpet of crisp grass and the blanket of stars overhead; the rivers of fresh, untouched water with large fish; the sight of harmless animals scampering around.

"It was perfect." She answered simply, though her simple response was betrayed by the light that shined in her eyes.

As Shena dismounted Ned to return him, Xenia unconsciously pet the animal with affection; a silent thank you to the docile creature for a job well done.

"It didn't matter if you were a lost child, a hardened criminal or an elderly women, nothing would happen to you in that forest. It was law." She seemed to struggle with the last part of her sentence, there was something missing from it and it put her off. "It was Ryfia's law."

She remembered that amongst the trees, the girl had asked her about the goddess and she sometimes wondered where she had gone. Xenia wondered if she was even real if she would be entirely honest. It was blasphemous and she was raised better than to speak ill and tempt the gods, but she wondered if Ryfia's even had her ears open anymore. The night of the fire, Xenia prayed for the last time in her life.

"I'm sure most people don't even notice the difference between the woods. It's sad, because they missed out on something brilliant."

With a shrug, Xenia began walking once more leaving her thoughts of home behind her. She changed the subject.

"You spoke of a tavern earlier. One where men tend to round up to go on little hunting trips out in the woods. Mind showing it to me?"

Shena thought about Xenia's words wistfully. "Perfect, huh..." she sighed, "People did notice," she added, "but not in the way you probably did. Old forests don't exactly look the same after they've been burnt, but that's a view from a distance. Many of the city's writers were more concerned about what the people in it would do, rather than the trees themselves. Well, except for the artists, but of course everyone thought they were silly for caring about the forest itself. I remember that people laughed when one of them wrote about how inconvenient it would be to have to carry a weapon in addition to their large canvases and pots of paint."

Shena couldn't help but think she would have been one of those people; the ones that didn't care. She wondered what had drawn her to the forest. The first time she'd been in front of it, it was to watch the soldiers and their flaming arrows flying towards barrels of oil. She remembered that day not only because of smoke, but because she had, with a strange childish glee, grabbed one of the branches that had been cut to make room for the wide cart that had carried those barrels, and had lugged the thing around for a few hours before finally depositing it in her mother's room.

Looking at the blackened forest afterwards, she had realised that what she had saved was perhaps the last piece of surviving wood from that area, where the flames had been started. Even now, there was no forest there. It was a meadow, scattered with young bushes. Sometimes the masters of the King's stables would graze their prize horses there.

That branch had been the first thing. After that she had walked the charred ruins and picked up giant pine cones; strange nuts; rocks with shiny bits of crystal within (her mother had disdainfully called them ugly boulders); and later, in the fall, she would look for and find the biggest and brightest of leaves, and carefully frame them behind thin sheets of glass. Her mother had only just tolerated the clutter, and when Shena had acquired her own place, the collection had been the first thing to go.

She still had all those things, and more, tucked away upstairs.

"It's as if you're stalking me," Shena smiled, when Xenia asked about the tavern. "It's The Thistle Hotel, actually. In the middle of the woods, I thought it would be safer to just say tavern. I meet there with friends every evening before work. I'm early today, with the mad dash out of the forest and all, but they're probably there anyway."

She began walking, motioning for Xenia to follow. "And... well; no offense, but they already think I'm crazy for being at the forest all morning for half of the week. They'd be concerned if they knew I make friends in it, so I won't exactly be walking in with you."

Xenia couldn't stop her head from shaking in disapproval, while the people were right to fear what was hiding in the darkness not too far from their homes, they didn't fear the tyrant that had carelessly set something so close to their lives aflame. With a brief glance down at her left arm, she glared at what was concealed underneath. It was true that she had made it out of the blaze without major harm, she didn't escape without received a few good lickings from the fires. The scars left on her skin were nothing in comparison to others, but it became her bond to her fellow outlaw who sought peace and had it destroyed. An uneven burn mark, closely resembling a large hand, was imprinted on her left deltoid and while it no longer caused her pain, it was a reminder of it.

There were days that she woke up in a damp cave and wanted nothing more than to shoot a poison arrow straight through the price's heart and the king's throat. There were days she stared bitterly at young saplings bursting from the rich earth and she wanted to scream at the so called protector of the forest until her vocal chords burst. There were days she wanted to climb back up to the high mountain tops and try to join some assassin's guild to leave this wretched town and never return. And yet she never did any of it.

This land was flawed and corrupt, but she was a part of it, and it her.

"The Thistle?" she questioned, obvious surprise on her face.

Not the classiest place for being so close to the upper districts, but she knew of it. It was a usual meet up spot for those who wanted to avoid looking too shady when meeting to make a deal. Why not even two or three weeks ago, Xenia visited the locale herself to hand over some owed payment from a certain patron she'd been sent to hunt down who had a tendency of opening a tab fit for a king and not having the gold to back it up. And speaking of gold…

Xenia allowed Shena to get a few steps ahead of her, putting distance between them before she tripped into her first unsuspecting victim. She murmured an apology and the man accepted it with a grin so broad that it seemed like all his yellow teeth were clamoring to bid her hello. Inside her own pocket now lay a very small leather pouch, with at least a few silver and coppers based on its heaviness on her side. And again, she struck a man wearing slightly finer clothes, a sign they were moving up the town quickly, and received a quick lashing. Clumsy stupid wench, he called her, despite her apology and she took it like a champion if only because she felt the weight of gold in her other pocket. He eventually went off; deeming her too useless to bother chastising and Xenia made an attempt to catch up with Shena. She caught the end of her sentence and shrugged her shoulders.

"Not an issue by me." She responded, wrapping her fingers around her two easy steals. "I don't intend to visit tonight any way, too many old faces."

Vallus unsteadily breathing in Lina's arms, Lina continues to walk out of the shaded foilage of the forests, although she shoots a glare back to the two wood elves as she looks down to the blood at Vallus' chestplate, and his cut hair.
"Hmph... although Vallus probably deserved it, this was an unnecessary sign of disrespect. You may cut his hair and make him for a fool, but smearing the blood on his Goddess' sign is a horrible way of disrespect." Lina explains as she turns back, the forest becoming less dense and the trees fairly sparse. She is quite casual but seemingly bothered about something as she walks, thoughtfully looking at the sky blue atmosphere above her with sky blue eyes, much like the ones of Vallus.
"Pray, child, you wanted to know of Atmos? Well then, I shall give you a brief opening on her history. Atmos is the fair Goddess of the sky in our religon, and she blesses those who fight against those who defile and waste her outstanding beauty and her shield from the sun. Without our beautied skies and atmosphere, the rays of the sun would burn some of us, and the sun's rays, although they can be refreshing, are dangerous without the cover of the skies. Some people disagree and think Atmos hinders the beauty and rays of the sun - those are worshippers of the male God Helios, although we settled our quarrel with them a long time ago. Atmos bestows power onto those who have pleased her, and fought against evil. She is a fair Goddess of justice, and to protect the weak, although cross her path and she will show near to none mercy. The murderer back there has more than likely already sealed his fate unto a hell as bright as the centre of Helios' heart." Lina explains as Vallus continues to weakly stir, and soon they were leaving the forests behind them and treading through the dirt paths, a few cities visible on the horizons.

"V-V-Vina..." Vallus weakly mumbles, facing the sky as a cold sweat formed on his brow. Vina took near to none attention to Vallus, and after a while she exhaled a sigh as she gently runs a finger down the blood-covered front of the slightly rusted grey steel of the chestplate of Vallus.
"Fear not, Vallus. Atmos is merely displeased with you, not hateful against you. You have a chance to prove yourself to her again as of yet, but for now, you must survive and serve justice without her aid." Vina plainly explains. Vallus emits a low sigh in Vina's arms, closing his eyes as the sound of Vina's boots gently scraping against dirt filled his ears along with the sweet chirping of birds.
"So I must... redeem myself. I understand..." Vallus mumbles weakly, then suddenly jolts upright in Vina's arms. "The murderer! Has he-" He begins, but Vina puts a finger to his lips and ushers for him to lay back down in her arms.
"Fear not, pilgrim. Much thanks to your sorceress friend here, he shall face against the mercy of nature. Speaking of which, may my accomplice Vallus here take a seat at your horse? My arms grow tired of carrying this pilgrim, although if you wish not of it, my arms may manage it." Vina says. Squinting her eyes, she could see a few other travelers down the road also riding horses, but they were probably just, as she thought, travellers. Bandits were quite rare nowadays, although they did try and rob innocents now and again. She was rarely ever robbed due to her huge build and heavy armour - the bandits were too much of cowards to face against The Shields of Atmos.

Blinking a bit she laughs, her bell jingling in delight "Hahaha! Sure you can! My my how could someone like you carry a man like him?" Her horse walking a little while following the woman. "Atmos.. hey have you ever... like seen them in reality?" She asks as she looks at Vallus before rubbing the horse's back. "Man Vallus looks like hes been beaten up quite badly~" Anna said her eyes sparkling a little as her blue eyes stared at the cities far.

"I've never had such a price ledge to meet Atmos herself, but we know of her existence due to the powers she bestows onto us. They say she lives in a palace upon the highest cloud... Not visible from our position, but somewhere above the Southern seas. I know not of how to get there, and they say you're only able to see her if Atmos herself requests your presence." Vina explains thoughtfully as she loads Vallus to the back of the white horse with a gently flickering mane - quite a natural beauty in the steed somewhat, even if it was a summoning spell.
"Many days of training have improved my strength and endurance. Such as running many miles whilst slathered in the heavy mud of the swamps... a feat I can assure you is physically and mentally draining. But, alas, it pays off. As for Vallus' condition, he is just suffering from the loss of power Atmos removed from him. He is but a normal man now, and his pride and feelings have been damaged far greater than his body." Vina explains as she attaches Vallus firm to the back of the horse, and continued walking at a strong pace.

Vallus weakly gripped the back of shirt of the girl affront him upon the steed, staring at the white body of the equine creation somewhat sadly, his somewhat darker blue eyes reflecting regret, shame and exhaustion.

"Those elves... they have great power..." Vallus mutters weakly.
"Indeed. I sympathise with you for the loss of Alexis, but you must learn to respect the land of the wood elves. As we do, they think poorly of the king, although for different reasons. The king often attempts to take over their forest along with his human army. Therefore we are hated as humans by the elves of the woods." Vina plainly replies to Vallus as she keeps walking, her long ginger hair gently trailing in the wind behind her.
"B-but I told them... I serve not a king... in truth, I loathe him. His city is corrupted, full of people like the murderer we so justly left to rot..."
"Then it was most likely your pride that caused the wood elves to attack. They feel insecure amongst humans, whether we serve a king or not. Knowing you, I would suppose you called them 'cur', hmm?" Vina asks plainly, and Vallus hangs his head a little as he defeatedly remains silent.

After Thaniel had apologized to the forest, he turned from them, and left the clearing. He extended his consciousness through the forest, and felt where the remaining humans were. Indeed, that fool knight was still there, along with another close by. Scowling, he left the clearing, racing through the forest so that he would appear in front of the humans. They were heading to the road, but Thaniel didn't like that another human had simply appeared in his forest.

Stepping out of the wood, he stood in front of the group, frowning. "When you reach civilization," he growled, "tell every human in power that this forest is for non-humans only. Any human in my forest will be removed. One way or another," he added, looking pointedly at the male human.

In the same clearing Thaniel just left, the shadows seemed to lengthen, even though it was hours before sundown. As the darkness of the clearing increased, an incorporeal figure formed out of the shadows.

The figure stepped from the shadows, resplendent in black robes. He was Duvainoir, God of the Night. He had shoulder-length black hair and elven features, his cheekbones high and his body slender. As the god stepped from the shadows, he became slightly more corporeal. Looking around a bit, he made a sweeping gesture with his hand, and immediately dark shadows spread out from around him, encompassing the trees and the grass unendingly.

Immediately, Thaniel felt the god's presence, his forest screaming in agony. Stumbling back a bit, Thaniel made a pained expression before racing into the trees, sensing the dark one's presence.

Vina's eyes slowly turn to the man, delivering a simple, yet brutal glare towards the man as her hair slowly flicks above her eyes, once again covering them up from the simple, cold and somewhat patronising look, entwined with rage. Yet, she said so simply.
"Very well."

After a few seconds of silence, she shoots back up a glance, almost completely different from her usual talkative and respectful personality as she says in a cold and brutal voice.
"Because this is your land, you shall not kill the innocent." She says in a simple whisper, but the sheer meaning behind the simple sentence was clear and although Vina promised no punishment should he break her request, the tone was still somewhat demanding. Vallus watches Vina weakly, but deep inside from all the training he'd done with Vina, she had a heart of steel. She always trained the hardest, and punished herself to almost levels of self-torture for her mistakes. Vallus gulps a little; she would be the last opponent he would wish to face.

Vina blankly watches the wood elf as he crouches into a pained position, and turns away simply before he dashes off. She continued to walk, although her face was still purely serious, looking at the ground in thought as she walked. Vallus looked back at the wood elf dissapearing into the woods. Although he had been overwhelmed in combat... Vallus knew the wood elf didn't do it alone. Almost as if he had an accomplice, but he didn't let that bother him as the horse's hooves continued to gently trot against the soft dirt of the path.

It wasn't long before the bar fell silent. All around the assassin girl, people were staring, some with curiosity, some with shock. Alda knew that the act would have caused trouble as it seemed that the man was a well known customer. Ah, well. She had already thought of a plan to get out if anyone attacked. Taking the silence as shock, she started towards the door, only to be blocked by a couple of the drunks. Too easy. With a swift movement, she attempted to get past, pushing one of the men into the other. But this had only caused them to start fighting between themselves, blocking her way once again.

Letting out a sighed, she turned her back to the men, searching the bar for another exit. They had to of had another one as most bars held back doors. Well, maybe not this one. And at long last, her employer had finally gained his drunken courage once more, charging towards her with a chair in his hands. Alda stood still, watching his movements and calculating his action. Being as drunk as he was, it wasn't very hard to predict him tripping and falling over a traveller's backpack, sending himself spiralling, the chair hitting yet another person on the back of their head. As the traveller engaged the drunken man in a wrestling match, the one who was hit with the chair believed it was his friends fault and they too started fighting. As this went on, more and more fights had started, causing most of the women to scatter and hide, other defending themselves and their friends.

"Well then," Alda muttered to herself. "That happened..."

Anna giggled lightly as she hugged the horse softly but that only lasted for a while when she sensed a strong dark force in the forest. Shaking she tried to calm herself, the aura was to powerful to handle.... 'too dark and creepy..' she thought. "H-hey... lets hurry.. I don't like this f-forest someones here.... its t-too ....dark and creepy" she stuttered a little as she grinned nervously and her back pressed against Vallus's chest softly.

"Yes. As you wish. Something does seem off about this forest, and I'd be delighted to help with that problem if humans like us weren't so shunned from these forests. Vallus here clearly didn't help the elves' thoughts on humans... not that I've always been keen on elves." Vina adds as she walks, and now they were finally out of the forests, leaving the dense trees behind them. As the mage in front of him pressed against Vallus' chest, he instinctively shuffles back a bit on his horse, looking into the skies with a look of pained longing on his face. Vallus missed his power already - it felt like, for example, running with weights attached to your shoes. He felt weak and as if his muscles could barely be able to lift a hay bale.
"Vina... which destination are we headed to?" Vallus asks, gently gripping the sides of the horse. Vina gives a small stop in thought, then she keeps walking alongside the horse on the dusted roads.
"You need rest. We'll head to an inn. I've heard in the city that The Thistle is a decent place, and serves drinks fairly cheap compared to the other... garish areas. I trust you won't be intoxicating your problems with alcohol, though. We'll only be there for the beds. Afterwards, you should see to attending Alexis' funeral. Then return to the temple." Vina plainly explains, and Vallus hangs his head a little as she mentions Alexis... Alexis. A close sister to Vallus, he always knew inside the fat man wasn't the right man for her - yet for some reason she still persisted to marry him... and now... she may have still been laying in the back alleys with the same slit throat she picked up a while ago. Vallus shuddered at the thought, but closed his eyes and inhaled softly at the thought of she would be avenged - there was no way the murderer could survive on his own in the woods. Especially as a human. That stubborn wood elf had probably slain the fat man already.
"Pray, child, what is your name? I am in debt of your services, and it would be an honour to repay you one day." Vallus says in usual tone again to the girl affront him atop the steed, although his voice still echoed weakness and power withdrawal. Vina nods in agreement to Vallus.
"Quite. Were you badly injured?"
"No... the elf slit my hand and rubbed my own blood upon Atmos' symbol. He also brandished me nothing, and cut my hair... although I suppose he was correct. Now I really am nothing."