Those Hunted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xypher smiles at Ross's words giggling softly at her taking my side. "Well put Ross, so I take it your uh ability is to see and communicate with ghosts? I bet that was scary when it first happened. Care to guess what mine is?" Her voice is bright and upbeat. She looks Baker up and down tapping her chin thinking. "Hmm I bet yours is....Earth manipulation? Shapeshifter?"

Before anyone can respond a robin suddenly flies right in front of Xypher's face she was surprised but smiled use to animals approaching her. "Hey little guy-" Xypher stopped hearing and seeing the young girl come running after what it seemed like her bird. Not wanting to frighten the girl Xypher smiles at her softly and waves. "Hi there, so that little guy- Stevie is it? She's yours? She's very cute. My name is Xypher, whats yours? Dont mind Nosalis" She points to the creature laying at Baker's feet. "So far he seems relatively friendly" Xypher's gaze falls to the girls powerful eyes, she could tell there was some kind of power involving them. But she held the girls gaze her own eyes warm and friendly, she wasnt afraid.

Last edited:
( Well, excuse me CHRISSY with an H!)
Chrissy dashed off into the woods like lightning. Edward felt like old as he merely shuffled towards the flower garden he spotted from inside the window. The key to the van held a remote, prompting Edward to click the lock button. He walked through the park with the flower garden as his focus, he honed in on it like a bird of prey. Edward reached it quickly, and nearly fell in love at the sight of the begonias and gardenias. He lied down near a vacant flower bed, and sighed. He tried to think of how to investigate this 'Deus', but suddenly his problems seemed far away and distant. I came to focus, but now I can't even think. Another long and tired sigh escaped him. Edward looked around and noticed just how small the garden was. Something as pleasant as this should have something bigger... like a peach tree! Edward focused on the bare ground beside him, growing the tree that he wanted out of a him. Edward didn't even seem to care if anyone saw. The tree grew to its full height in minutes, dropping fresh and luscious peaches in Edward's lap. Edward ravenously devoured the peach, then lied back down. God, what is up with me? Edward stood up, realizing just how long he was lying down. Gotta find Chrissy. See if she still wants to travel with me. I'll think better after some sleep. Edward called out to her, but only seemed to highlight how empty the park was. Edward searched and called, making his way down to the woods. Edward continued into the foreboding wood, all the while calling out for Chrissy. Soon he heard voices in a clearing. Edward ducked behind a tree, trying to listen in, trying to hear if Chrissy was one of the voices.

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
From Baker's Point of View for ever and ever....
I watch impassively, pondering this Ross, and her words. Everyone has a soul.
Mine isn't much of a good one then. Oh well, I was forced to it.
The Nosalis growls slightly at the talk of him being friendly -His thoughts: I AM NOT A FRIENDLY CREATURE! I AM A BEAST OF NIGHTMARE AND HORROR! HOW DARE SHE!-
"But souls can be corrupted. Darkened. With experience, grudges, hates, and such, no? I'm sure you've met many ghosts whose souls were not... bright."

"And as for my skill, I can control metals. I have killed hunters who seek to end my life with their own dogtags, or simply closed the barrels to their weapons right before they fire. It would also allow me to construct a nuclear bomb, or turn the power off of every building in this city. I could do the exact opposite as well: disassemble a nuclear weapon without any contamination, fit electric systems together better than anyone, and fix them just as easily. I could build weapons, or turn them into toys. I could make dogtags from the minerals beneath my feet. Observe."
I hold out my hand, a thin dual line of gray dust rising from the ground to curl up around my hand, encasing it in a metal cast. "And it weighs nothing to me, and I can bend it as if it were a glove, easier, actually."
I close my hand, showing that the metal didn't do anything to impede movement.

"I could make a suit of armor made from pure metal. Nothing else required. Shoot darts at the speed of sound, with only my hand. And yet I have been chased for years because of this power, to manipulate metals and radioactive materials. I suspect Nosalis is an accident of my power, where I may of become frustrated and caused a massive amount of radiation into a DNA test." I shrug, pondering other possibilities.

Ross was going to guess Xypher's power but got distracted by Baker. To wrapped up in her conversation with Baker, Ross didn't notice the new comer. She just continued to talk, "Yes, I have met plenty of corrupt souls. Ghosts who want to harm me, who actually have harmed me. But I can promise you there is much more good out there then evil." Ross then smiled and said mostly to Nosalis, "Even you have a soul. I can tell. Anything living, created by mutant powers or by human kind, has a soul. Even if yours was more," Ross searched for the word, "artificially made."

Ross then thought more deeply about Baker's powers, unsure of how to respond until it finally hit her, "You could create the most beautiful things with your powers. You don't have to use them for destruction or murder, though I don't blame you. Hunters can be very cruel. But your power is strong, beautiful, and different. Some mutants have hardly any true power but yours is," Ross stopped and thought harder, "yours is truly the battle between good and evil. You could turn completely to the dark side, kill humans and mutants. Or you could use it for the greater good. And it's all up to you. And that's what scares humans about people like us, like you." Ross talked sweet, nothing was meant to come out offensive or taken badly. Once again, she just spoke whatever came to her mind. She has no filter for anything, any thought or idea just came out. Confusing or brilliant it didn't matter.

Chrissy's eyes darted between Nosalis and Xypher, still wary, but glad that Stevie was safe where she's supposed to be and that the other two mutants hadn't yet noticed her appearance. It seemed a little strange for her. Do mutants have these sort of meetings in the woods all the time? Did she just never get the memo.? She looked very confused, but Xypher wasn't hostile about it, so of course she wouldn't trust her, but she seems nice for now. Too stunned to fully don her innocent disguise, Chrissy responded a little dazed, backing up a step or two, which Stevie chirped unhappily about. "Um.okay..I'm..Chrissy. Umm..what's going on here? You guys are mutants and you're just..here...discussing it? You're not too far from the park if I found you. If someone found us all together, we could be dead meat. You know that right?" Chrissy was too distracted and concerned to remember to exclude herself from the group of mutants. But too late, Xypher knows she is one now. It was a little crazy to see so many of her kind in one place. She'd never seen this many mutants. It was a weird feeling she couldn't quite identify yet.
Chrissy met Xypher's eyes again, though the color of them could have been interpreted as many different shades in different lighting. Something inside her made her want to manipulate this girl or implant information she should know, but she's long since trained herself to resist the temptation of connection and control until absolutely needed. The euphoric sensation of pulling on puppet strings makes her want to reach out and tug, but she looks away before getting tangled. If she gets too close and rips out of the knots, she'll pay for the damage in headaches and if that thought isn't enough to stop her cruel train of thought, she wasn't sure she could stop herself. What a monster she is.. Xypher hasn't even done anything to her!

Last edited:
Turning to yet another newcomer, I reply simply, "Any hunter would be hard-pressed to harm any mutant with me nearby, unless defending you became more burden than worth. Even an army of hunters would have extreme difficulty harming me," I continued, still apathetic, mind back to apathy, and emotions gone again.

Ross, still completely unaware of the newcomer, reached out and touched Baker on the shoulder very lightly then quickly drew back her hand. She had this thing where she liked to touch people who were interesting to her. She really liked Baker, she just wanted to know more. She also liked to touch interesting people because she usually only talked to ghosts and as long as she was in her human form she couldn't actually feel them. Physical contact is something Ross never had in her life, human companionship, a real person, was something that was lacking. To be around so many mutants who understood her was truly a remarkable experience. Ross also didn't process until after she touched Baker that it could possibly be unacceptable by society or in social situations to randomly touch people.

"Oh," Ross laughed to herself as she turned her head and saw the newcomer. Suddenly what people were saying made sense. She had heard all the conversation going on but didn't actually process it until right then. "You shouldn't be so worried. I've come to the conclusion that hunters would be very foolish to attack more then two mutants. I mean, they should be afraid of us. Who knows what just two of us alone could do." Ross laughed, innocently. She had never killed a hunter and truth be told she had never had to encounter a hunter. The one time she did she just flew through a wall and got away. It was a simple escape and Ross knew she could almost always escape a hunter. You can't hunt what you can't see.

With all the new people and multiple conversations Xypher starts to kinda retreat into herself, she didnt mind being around people. But when it came to being social and talkative she had trouble talking to more than 2 people at a time. So she resorts to her natural reaction which is to stay quiet and listen intently to everyone around her so she wasnt left out, looking for an opportunity where she could chime in or if someone addressed her.

"Very impressive power Baker, just dont choke me with my necklace please? I rather like being able to breathe, it seems to be a good source of life" Her voice is softly teasing a small smile on her lips as her gaze shifts from person to person. "Ive had a few run ins with hunters, but none were too lethal. I tend to keep a low profile". Xypher slowly moves over close to Nosalis smiling warmly at him and whispers to him "Dont worry I know your a deadly and fierce beast big guy, but letting newcomers know would make them quite frightened of you and the rest of us, so I down played your fierceness a bit. Still friends?" She kneels next to him completely unafraid her voice kind and encouraging.

Holy Dogwood! I didn't know so many mutants lived in Boston! Edward heard most of what the people in the clearing said from his bush. While no one seemed hostile to Chrissy, Edward was still concerned. The powers a male voice described seemed lethal. Edward could grow trees through metal, but it took a minute. Long enough that he could kill me. How am I supposed to go about this? Maybe if I jump out, snatch Chrissy and run, we can get away. The male voice sounds too dangerous and brooding. Maybe everyone else is trying to leave. No, the older female voice sounded confident. Like she'd fight him if needed. Edward leaned back and sighed, resigned that he might have to wait longer.

Might as well prepare for hostility. Between his fingers Daphne grew. Edward used his gloves to hold them. Remember that all parts are poisonous. We don't want another drug trip into danger. I'll just throw them like darts at any sign of violence. Then snatch Chrissy and make a break for it.

Chrissy watched Baker manipulate metals and address her apathetically, then Ross replied, making her feel a little more at ease with strength in numbers. Having hardly spoken to anyone but Edward in the past year, she didn't really know what to do but stare at the others. Xypher spoke to Nosalis, who still kind of creeped her out no matter what anyone said, Ross seemed so friendly and more innocent than she on the inside. And the man who could bend metal, well she didn't know his name yet, but he seemed very intimidating.
Chrissy still stood on guard around all of these mutants who could help or hurt her. She had no idea whether she should welcome the feeling of belonging or shove it away in the face of caution and staying alone. in a way, there was a part of her that was more innocent tha she could have imagined. And all if wanted was people to hold onto. Some naive bit of her wanted to befriend those whose DNA has been altered by fate. She wanted friends. She wanted family.
But she couldn't just throw away all her inhibitions and act like she'd been there with them this whole time.
So she stood, eyes trained on the green eyed believer. She seemed like the kind of person who said everything would be alright no matter what situation she ended up in. Yes, she'd most likely be easiest to manipulate, but Chrissy didn't want to scare her like she'd tipped off Edward, so she averted her eyes and took a deep breath.
"Right. So is that what you're all here for? Strength in numbers? Against hunters? Did the destroyed part of Boston over there have to do with it maybe?" Chrissy pointed over her shoulder, speaking normally and curiously, which might have seemed a little lower than Edward remembered hearing from her in the car.

The Nosalis abruptly jerked away as the person approached, slipping around to the other side of my legs, facing Xypher as she approached. Wary, cautious, and angry that someone would just approach him, even one that made him feel more relaxed, is unthinkable, unallowable. So, the Nosalis stayed away, making sure to keep distance. It was not going to be any easy creature to tame.

I, however, stared at Xypher with one of my few expressions that is... 'allowed,' I guess. That expression is one of confusion and what-are-you-doing look, as if she were crazy.

Xypher didnt seem to mind Nosalis reaction letting him have his space, she looks up at Chrissy with her grey/blue eyes smiling "No this wasnt a planned meeting or anything, we just all kinda....Ended up in the same place I guess. At least from what I know, I was just walking through the park". She notices Baker's confused look and smiles softly, she was use to that look she got it a lot from various people. "What? You act like I just bit you or something Baker. I was just reassuring Nosalis" her voice is light and somewhat teasing. Looking at Nosalis she tilts her head slightly curious, Man he was intelligent, and cautious.

Ross couldn't help but look at Xypher with admiration. She really loved how nice she was to both mutants and animals. Ross hadn't met very many people who seemed genuinely nice like Xypher.

"Oh look who I found." Ross heard the familiar voice and turned away from the group. There floating was her new little ghost friend, the old news reporter ghost. "And it seems like she is with a bunch of other abominations. Now who should I tell about this group gathering?" Ross sighed and gave the ghost a look, "You know, you're dead, right? You can't tell anyone. The only person you can talk to is me. So go ahead, tell me." This was the most sarcastic and mean Ross ever could get, or has ever gotten up to this point in her life. She didn't mind being mean to ghosts that were mean to her first. She was the only one who could see them so why should they go around and give her a hard time when she is the only one who will actually listen to them?

"I'm not dead! How dare you make such an accusation, you child! You scum to the earth!" Something about the ghosts from older time periods made them hate mutants like Ross. Maybe it was the fact that back in their days women didn't have rights, their was civil war, and America was still forming. Older time period ghosts also could never accept the fact that they were dead. Ross hardly ever tried to convince them of it because it was a waste of breath.

"Fine. You're not dead. Go ahead, try to tell someone. I'll just be here waiting for a hunter." Ross smirked at the ghost and turned back to the group rather awkwardly. She didn't think to explain what happened right there, sometimes she forgot she wasn't a ghost too and other people could see and hear her.

My expression wiped off my face like chalk off a chalkboard, I stare at Xypher for a moment longer, before watching Ross's exchange with an invisible being. After it finished, I frown ever so slightly, like a thought occurred to me that wasn't favorable. Abruptly, I pull off the helmet and flightsuit, revealing light-ish dark-ish brown hair, the beginnings of a mustache/beard from many days without shaving, or needing to shave, and yellow-ish green eyes. A plain black shortsleeve shirt under the flightsuit, and dark blue jeans. "The hunters are already on their way. I only bailed out of an airplane. From how long we've been talking, we've about 7 minutes until they arrive." Then, abruptly again, I walk through the group, walking quickly and steadily away by the path Xypher took earlier to get here, Nosalis trailing me in the bushes.

"HA! See? I've sent the hunters and now you, kiddo, will perish." Ross's face went grim right then, mostly because she didn't like that the ghost thought he was right. "Wait, shouldn't we stick together? Wouldn't that make us less, I don't know the word, attackable?" She called after Baker as he walked away from the group, curious as to why he also took off his suit. Ross had only just met mutants like her and she didn't want to let go of them yet. She didn't want to be alone again, not anymore, and she had nowhere to go. She felt her stomach sinking, she also didn't want to face more then one hunter all alone. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to have to defend herself, in her mind she could see the faces of people who appeared of television talking about mutants. The solemn look, the passionate eyes, the fire that glistened behind the twitching corners of their mouths as they talked about how many mutants had been terminated that week. Truly some of the hunters were monsters themselves.

Calling back, internally aggravated, if only slightly, I reply, "Then come along. Be a burden, and I'll leave you behind. Talking to ghosts could provide good recon, though. I have my safehouses." But I don't slow. They have to pull their own weight, I'm not gonna spend any time trying to get them to come along. Either they do or they don't.

Xypher watched Baker undress out of his flight suit and helmet curiously, surprised at his good looks. Hearing his words and seeing him start to leave along with Nosalis she quickly stands up. "Not surprising they would notice so many mutants in one place for a period of time. Where are you going Baker? And I knew you were the cause of the smoke! Wait....Why did you jump out of a plane? Trying to impress someone?" her voice starts off calm and serious but ends teasing and curious smiling. She follows after him looking back at Ross and Chrissy "If you guys wanna follow along Im sure Mr. Dark and Quiet has got some sort of plan, if not well....Ill protect ya" she smiles encouragingly, ignoring Baker's gruff comment.

Chrissy again, was very hesitant about following them. They had all seemed to effectively demonstrate their strong powers except Xypher and she was offering her protection. Baker didn't seem very welcoming though and she wasn't sure if she really wanted to follow him at all. She's survived just fine before this and she could probably do the same now, but what about that destruction in Main Street? Could that pose a threat to her and Stevie? She only has seven minutes and less than that before they leave her alone in the woods with hunters around. She looked to the bird on her shoulder just before Xypher disappeared beyond the bushes. Biting her lip, she figured she could always leave them if she needed to. So Chrissy ran after the group and almost bumped into Xypher, but caught herself at the last second. She felt a little uncomfortable, but that was okay. they were like her. Strength in numbers right?

Ross's grim face turned soft as she laughed from Xypher's comments. "I bet he was trying to impress someone. Men who don't shave and act suave usually are." Ross decided to play along, she found a little comedy in the midst of moments like these really relaxing. Of course she didn't want to get on Baker's bad side, so hopefully a little teasing wouldn't prod to much.

Ross then let herself transform into her ghost form, figuring it would be easier to keep up with everyone if she could float around and fly. Also if they ran into any hunters she wouldn't have to be scared because her full powers would be activated in ghost form. 1, 2, 3 And Ross transformed. She slightly lifted up off the ground, ghosts naturally floated. Her appearance remained the same except she was a bit less solid and a little more see through, still visible to the human eye. And she had the slightest dim glow about her. Ross then began to float along side the others, taking note that the newcomer was following to. She had yet to learn this girls name but figured she would get to know her as time went by.

"Hey! Don't touch me, you little..." Ross growled because as she floated along side the others the old time ghost started to touch her. When Ross is a ghost she can physically touch other ghosts and vise versa. She stopped following the others as she decided to have a chat with this ghost. "Ha!" The ghost laughed at her, of course he wouldn't hit a girl. So he was currently harmless to her, just annoying. "You know, since I am an evil mutant imagine all the horrible things I can do to you now that I can touch you." Ross looked the ghost in the eyes and lifted up her hand in a fake threat, trying to seem as scary as possible. She reached out to touch him and he shrunk away. Intimidating worked well Ross, since she was innocent and definitely far from actually intimidating. It was like her innocent look made her even more threatening when she hammed it up like this. Also, the old time ghost probably had seen a lot of horror movies since around his time of living they were new and popular.

"You know, I'll just the hunters take care of this. Since I've sent them to find you!"
And with that he left Ross. Ross let out a sigh of relief then began to float with the others. Hoping that was the last time she would see that particular ghost.

Xypher giggled softly at seeing Ross nearly see through floating by them, even more amused at her words to the obviously none too friendly ghost. When she returns to floating next to them she smiles. "Hey now thats not fair your cheating! You cant be taller then me!" her voice is playful and teasing as she puts her hand on the girls head gently pushing her floating body closer to the ground so she was a little shorter then Xypher laughing softly. "There much better, Miss Casper the silly ghost" Her voice is teasing not in a mean way at all, she lets go of the girl letting her float back up. Noticing Chrissy almost run into her as she comes running back to their little group she smiles glad they had all decided to join.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.