2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci Fi, Horror and Magical.

thor's partner search

lNn0ujk.png

hello everyone...

ABOUT ME

Hi! My name is Thor. Here's a little bit about myself just to help you better understand who I am as a person and if you think we would mesh well together.

I am an avid writer and just creative person. I have an imagination that is bursting at the seems that I have to express through art or writing :) I have a degree in Graphic Design and a minor in Creative Writing. And I also have been writing a novel as well. I have been RPing for nearly 10 years now and think of it as part of my daily life. I enjoy the different stories I can create with others through the magic of RPing. I find it to be a wonderful platform to evolve, expand and grow as a writer. It keeps me on my toes, morphing the images I have in my mind to work with situations others throw at me. It allows me to explore different characters, genres and plots that interest me which only help me grow.

I may be new to this site, but by no means new to writing and in particular, RPing. And I know it's hard to take it on faith based on what people say, especially people you don't know. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to include a sampling of my own writing. Just because I feel like it'd give you an idea of how I write to see if we mesh, and so you can see my style and general length :) The writing sample can be found at the bottom of this thread.

I apologize in advanced, I know this is long. But if you make it through all of this and message me, you get all the cookies :D

EXPECTATIONS

• Activity : I understand that we all have lives and that the real world (sadly) is more important. I am a patient soul and will wait for a post. Generally, I try to reply to a post within a week (unless life throws me a curveball). Sometimes I can even post that same day, but that all depends on how many characters I'm writing for, depth of the post, etc. I just ask that you are easily accessible either through PMs or discord. Just for whatever purposes, or even nonsense OOC chit chat :) I'm always open to new friends.

The big thing is loyalty. I understand that people can't stay in RPs due to life or loss of interest. I just ask you to let me know rather than disappearing. Nothing is more heart breaking than putting all this blood, sweat and tears into a story you're truly passionate about, only to have someone up and leave without a word. I am loyal and I just ask you are as well.
    x
  • Post Length : Soooo... I tend to write a lot. I can't help myself. I get so swept up in a scene, a moment or action that I just go with it. It is rare for me to write under 1000 words. I don't mind when people post smaller posts than I do, I know it's not everyone's speed to write like I do. But I do ask for a solid 3+ paragraphs minimum. I know there will be moments of maybe dialogue or certain situations that may dictate otherwise. But I do write longer, sometimes novel like posts.
    x
  • Characters : I am very flexible with the characters I create. Male or female, varying sexual orientations and personality types. I tend to prefer writing for multiple characters if the plot allows for it. And I've done anything from 1-5 characters for a singular RP. The more excited about an RP I am, the more characters I want to play. I would prefer partners who are similarly as flexible. I don't want to be stuff playing only males, or females or whatever else. I like variety so that it's a balanced partnership.
    x
  • Character Sheets & Face Claims : Personally, I prefer character sheets, even if we agree on more basic ones. I find them helpful to keep the characters straight down the line in the RP or to separate and not confuse multiple characters. I lean toward realistic face claims and occasionally a nice piece of art if there isn't a realistic face claim that suits the character. I am not a fan of anime or anime face claims. For some reason I disconnect from those, so I don't use them or join RPs with them.
    x
  • Format : I plan on my RPs being forum based RPing. I may be persuaded to do it a different way, but my preference is forum RPing like most of the group RPs and other RP websites. I like being able to easily scroll back to past posts, grab coding from past posts and having time to work on my posts.
    x
  • Smut : Although mature content doesn't bother me, I tend to use fade to black when it comes to sex scenes. I don't want RPs that are just sex based. And in other types of RPs, unless fully writing out the sex scene is important to the plot, I think once the clothes start to come off it should fade to black. We have imaginations and know what's happening lol. And instead of focusing on the horizontal hokey pokey, we could move onto more interesting plot points. Again, I'm flexible with this as well. But personally, I find fading to black to work in most situations.
    x
  • Other Adult Content : When it comes to cursing, violence, drugs, etc. I'm open to having them in my RPs. My plots tend to be darker and realistic (in a sense) that death, fighting and all other sorts of things can and will happen. With some darker things like torture or rape, I have written that in my own short stories or RPs before, but only when it's relevant. I don't want things like that to be used for smut purposes but purely for plot purposes. Things like rape and torture would have to be discussed before playing it out.
    x
  • Genre : My favorites are sci-fi, horror/thriller and fantasy, including any sub genres that can fall under those like cyberpunk, steampunk, magical things in real life, etc. I'm open to TONES of ideas but I'm not a fan of smut based plots, anime or slice of life.

PLOT IDEAS

Below are some of my more flushed out plot ideas. Of course, I'm always open to working out some ideas together or seeing some of yours as well :)

As the myth goes, in the beginning, there was King Magnus. He was given rule over everything under the sun as a gift from the Gods. At first, he was a just and kind ruler. For many years, everyone lived in peace and prosperity under his rule. Then, as if a sign from the gods, Magnus' three wives gave birth to The Three Sons, a human, an elf and a dwarf. But, what Magnus didn't know was that the birth of his three sons was the catalyst for the King's descendent into madness.

As his sons grew, Magnus began to covet his power more and more, growing unwilling to pass on his rule to his heirs. On the sons' eighteenth birthday, Magnus had finally been pushed over the edge. Greedy and selfish, unwilling to give up his power, the King tried to kill his sons. So blinded by madness, when the Queens put themselves before their sons, Magnus didn't bat an eye before cutting them down where they stood. The sons, devastated at the sight of their dead mothers, took up arms against Magnus who was no match for them.

Vowing not to follow in their father's footsteps, the sons separated the world into three kingdoms for them to rule side by side. Avalon, the sky realm, was given to the elf son, Xalterra, the earth realm, was given to the dwarf son and Ilyos, the sea realm, was given to the human son.

Peace reigned throughout the world for centuries. Memories of King Magnus and the Three Sons faded to history, and history faded to myth. As the years passed on, Magnus and the Three Sons were no more real than the Gods themselves. But the legend of the sons' vow to one another kept the lands at peace for longer than anyone could count.

But as more generations passed on, the strength of that vow weakened. No matter how hard the Kings tried, peace wasn't permanent. Soon enough, Kings would fall under Magnus' Greed, lusting after more than just their own kingdom, but control over the three. The first great war was The Great Divide, when the three Kings no longer honored the vow, breaking their reign of peace.

It wasn't a decade later when the kingdoms were fighting again in The War of Ascension. The elves grew greedy, finding themselves superior to the other kingdoms and species. They rained fire and destruction on the other two kingdoms, leaving them in ruins. Taking all their wealth and supplies, the elves shut down inter-kingdom travel, no longer allowing outsiders entrance into the sky realm.

Then there was quiet. Centuries and centuries of quiet. Each kingdom was completely shut off from the other. For a while, it was almost like the others didn't exist at all. But now the stirrings have started again, whispers carrying throughout the realms of another impending war. It is said that this will be the fight to end all fights…

Ilyos has always been seen as a threat to the other kingdoms. Although small, it is a fortress surrounded by a treacherous sea that most elves and dwarves don't dare traverse. Even though the sea realm isn't the most powerful kingdom, its location makes it the most impregnable hold in the world. Because of its desirability, rumor has spread to the King of Ilyos that both Avalon and Xalterra have their sights set on the sea realm.

Ilyos might be a fortress, but if Xalterran and Avalonian forces both attack the small realm, Ilyos doesn't stand a chance. As a desperate move, the King launches a plan to take out the enemy before war. He offers the prisoners in his dungeon the one thing they want most, a pardon… In exchange? They must travel to Xalterra and Avalon, and kill the other Kings. Along with the prisoners, a handful of the best King's Guard will accompany them to assure the task is accomplished, keeping everyone in line, while the fugitives put their skills to use. The best part of his plan? Deniability.

• Here we would have prisoner and/or guard characters set out on this quest. Options are fairly flexible when it comes to one or the other, along with species and backstory, although I would prefer varying characters to make things diverse and dynamic. Most of the specifics would come through brainstorming and whatever else.

The world has changed.

It’s been over a century since the humans discovered the Supernatural beings that they have been cohabitating with since the beginning of time. The humans being the fickle and small minded people they are didn’t even give consideration to the fact that these beings have been living amongst them for longer than they can recount. They’re small minded and scared, so they immediately saw them all as a threat.

After numerous wars among the humans, technology had advanced while the species of the Underworld have slowly been dying out. Humans are becoming smarter, unexpected and anticipating our every move. The dark species have no choice but to gather what they can to survive.

With the advancements in technology they have designed weapons that can kill them all, devices that can detect them and even machines to entrap them so they can be tortured to get the answers they want. New ammunition made of an unknown substance that is able to kill any of those of a dark origin. This causes a new problem for the supernaturals but an advantage for hunters. The governments are beginning to hire hunters secretly to rid the world of the supernatural beings they think are plaguing the world. And although they are faster and stronger than the hunters, their numbers shrink while the hunter ranks are growing. They are slowly causing Underworld races to become extinct.

With no other choice, the remaining species must come together to try and keep themselves from the inevitable extinction. Leaders from every coven, clan and race are gathered to try and make peace, but centuries old feuds may threaten their only chance at surviving the growing threats of the humans and their hunters. It is all up to the leaders to calm the tides and make alliances. If the leaders cannot make amends then who can? They can go to whatever ends necessary to get along, if that's arranged unions or even snuffing out old vendettas.

• Characters for this RP would be the leaders of different specie factions i.e. vampires, werewolves, demons, etc... There are numerous possibilities and options. There can be varying levels of NPCs as well. The possibility of including hunters can be added or omitted depending on your preferences and what we discuss through preparation and brainstorming.

King Magnus has reigned over the Blackvale for the better part of 30 years along side his wife Guinevere. The Castillon reign has been said to be the most fruitful reign the kingdom has seen in the better part of 5 centuries, bringing the nation back to wealth, power and respect. But no matter how hard Magnus tries, immortality is not an option so he has no choice other than to prepare his children to carry on the family name and further raise Blackvale. Unlike Magnus who married quite young right out of a war, his children are getting to the age where they need to marry and have children before it's too late. But Magnus and Guinevere will not all their children to marry just anyone in the kingdom, that's just not the way it is.

Although Magnus has many years left to live, he desires his eldest son Rhaegar to be married above all others. Rumors have been spreading throughout the kingdom that there is becoming a greater desire for the king dead. Word has start to catch that over half of the noble families are envious for the throne and will do anything for it. Magnus fears that sooner rather than later he'll be meeting his end, and he feels safer knowing that there is a rightful heir that is ready to take up the throne who can quickly start on his own heir.

With the need for the royal children to now get married, Magnus and Guinevere decided there would be no better way to speed up the process would be to invited the noble families from the different lands of the Blackvale to the Black Keep. The seven noble families and their children will stay in the castle for the entire summer partaking in festivities, balls and feasts to allow their children to interact when they normally wouldn't. Magnus and Guinevere decided to be somewhat fair to their children allowing them to choose whom they wish to marry but they only have until the end of the summer to decide. If they have no decided then Magnus and his wife will arrange a marriage for them.

For the next summer the nobles from all of Blackvale will be together under one, rather large, roof. At the Black Keep drama will ensue as everyone lies and cheats their way closer to the throne. Families will push their children towards the royals to get closer to the throne, while others will plot against the king, the queen or other families. Old feuds will resurface, romances lurk around the corner and deception is imminent.

• This has the potential to be a 1x1 or small group private RP if you have a friend that would also be interested in joining. Multiple characters is necessary for this RP to work to the full extent. I would take on the role of the royal family, which would consist of their children (most likely 3) while I also controlling the NPC King and Queen. Each writer would have their own family to control, but depending upon comfort with multiple characters, I'd be more than willing to share a family with someone else as well. The more characters at play the more betrayal and drama that can unfold.

Based off the novel, characters have "RL" and avatar FCs. It follows different characters in the OASIS as they try to find the hidden easter egg in the giant virtual reality world. While searching for the easter egg, they have to face down IOI avatars, fight in PvP areas, team up and betray their friends. The plot who be fairly similar to the book using knowledge of pop culture to get through the different challenges. It could potentially take place as the second easter egg when Wade Watts dies, deciding to honor Halliday with his won easter egg. Knowledge of the book and/or movie would be beneficial but not necessary.

• Cyberpunk setting involving a rebel or criminal underground working to try and overthrow the current totalitarian government. Characters such as A.I. could be possible. Plot points would need to be flushed out through discussion.
    x
  • Horror/suspense genre RP. Fairly flexible and open to ideas. This would take more brainstorming between the two of use to solidify a route.
    x
  • Gladiators/Ancient Greece… Again, I don’t have much of an idea about this. Something loosely similar to the show Spartacus, but details could be worked through together.
    x
  • Time travel, could be to the future, past or multiple time periods.

SAMPLE POSTS

First I have an example of a post I created not far back that was an intro post for a singular character. I came into this RP after it was already going for awhile, but they needed another addition. After applying with a formal and extensive CS they accepted me into the RP. My intro posts tend to be on the extensive side, really working on setting the scene, mood and character.

Phaedra laid on her back in the overly plush bed, a light sheet draped over her bare body. Her hands ran across the silk fabric that covered her as she sighed. Phaedra never liked the way silk felt upon her skin, it made her feel like she was going to slip right out of the bed. She couldn't remember the last time she laid in a bed that was softer than a woman's bosom. He probably liked it that way. Lord Salvator Reed was a noble, but that was a lose term. A young man thrust into responsibilities and politics far before he was ready at the death of his father. He tried too hard. He was a peacock, not a Lord. With titles brought power, power and money. Both of which he hungered for. He used it to furnish his home and keep his bed warm, but neglected his duties.

It came as no surprise that someone reached out to the Shadow Courtesans in regards to a noble like him. It was an easy job, especially when Lord Reed welcomed anything with perky breasts and a friendly smile into his bed. To be honest, Phaedra hated how easy the job was. It seemed far more suited for a novice Courtesan rather than herself. But it was the only job in Highspring and money was money. Especially when she wondered if she was going to have to spend half of her take on milk of the poppy just to knock the guy out.

She lost track of how long she had been lying there, staring up at crimson velvet curtains that were fastened in a haphazard canopy above the bed. He didn't last long either. For a man that chases women like a hound chases a fox, she would have thought his endurance might have matched. But instead a majority of her night had been her waiting for the bastard to pass out. It was over an hour before he stopped trying to kiss on her and rolled over in the bed. As she lay there she could feel her eyes grow heavy, threatening the illusion she held over her appearance to fade. Phaedra would prefer him to fall asleep on his own so she'd be the girl that slipped away, but if he didn't pass out soon she'd opt for a more straight forward and abrasive approach.

Then finally, the ridiculous Lord began to snore so loud that it made the bed rumble. Phaedra quickly sat up, tearing the silk sheet from her body and tossed it over on the sleeping noble. As she stood up and her bare feet padded along the cold stone floor, she let the illusionary magic slowly dissipate. The long, straight hair raised up her back as the curls weaved through it, brightening the black locks to a bright crimson. While the rich olive skin faded, her own freckled porcelain skin shined through while the mark of the Shadow Courtesans appeared upon her back.

As quickly as she could manage, Phaedra gathered her clothing that was scattered about the Lord's chambers. Her hands fumbled with the blouse as she turned it right-side out, then slipped it over her head. The tunic was light and too big for her. It very well might have belonged to Salvator, but she could hardly care. It covered her, for the most part. The V neck was lower than her own shirts, but the laces kept it closed, well enough, so that nothing was revealed beyond her own cleavage.

She cursed under her breath as wiggled her way back into her leather trousers which always seemed more difficult to get on rather than off. Phaedra swiftly tucked the ends of the blouse into the hem of her pants before she shoved her feet into her knee high boots. When it came to her corset, she never put it on properly but with only her own hands she wasn’t left with much of a choice. With the back laced up, Phae wrapped it around her torso and began to lace and tighten the font.

She finished tying the laces of her corset as she paced around the room, feeling as though she had forgotten something. Phaedra felt naked even fully clothed. Her hands ran over her torso, searching for what wasn’t there. Then she recalled stashing her weapons near the border of the Lord’s home to avoid them being confiscated or herself looking like an assassin.

Phaedra sighed, hating being without her affects as she snaked her way around the bed toward the large window. She lifted the latch and pushed the windowpanes outward. She stepped up onto the ledge, grasping the wall above as she leaned forward to gauge the distance to the ground. Two stories, maybe three? She could always put the illusion back up and saunter her way out of Lord Reed’s room… But she would be searched or who knows what else, and Phaedra was not in the mood to deal with that.

The red head stepped down off the ledge back into the room and dug around in her satchel. After a moment, she pulled out a long rope with a pre-tied loop on one end. She knelt down by the foot of the bed and wrapped the rope around its leg. She slipped the loose end through the loop and pulled it taught. The bed was giant, no doubt solid wood but she still wonder if it was enough to hold her own weight. She grabbed ahold of the footboard and with all her might she tried to move it, but it didn’t budge. With a sigh, she then threw the tail end of the rope out the window.

Phaedra made her way back over to the sleeping Lord and squatted down beside him. She took his right hand and gave it a wiggle to make sure he was out. When he didn't wake, she grabbed ahold of his signet ring and pulled it free of his index finger. Pinched between the tips of her thumb and index finger, Phae raised the ring, inspecting it. Gold, of course, and huge, it was heavier than any jewelry she had ever owned and at least 2 sizes bigger than any of her fingers. Intricately engraved in the top was a phoenix, the sigil of the Reed family. Although expensive, it was evident Salvator didn’t care too much about this family heirloom. It scuffed, being to tarnish and remnants of wax remained in the insets of the signet.

As she stood up, Phaedra took the ring and tucked it in her corset between her breasts, hoping that if she is caught and searched it still wouldn’t be found. She took a step toward the window but stopped, and pivoted on her heals, turning back to face the Lord once again. Instead she moved toward his nightstand and rifled through the drawers until she found his purse, quite heavy with gold. She smirked slightly as she tossed the bag in the air and caught it. "For the trouble," Phae said as she tucked the gold away in pouch on her hip.

Once her pouch was fastened shut, Phaedra climbed up onto the ledge and grabbed ahold of the rope. She looked back at the sleeping Lord. "Was it good for you?" She asked with a smirk before she slowly and carefully backed herself out the window and began to descend down the side of the stonewall. It was slippery from a mix of moss and dew that clung to the stone. More than once she lost her footing and if it weren’t for her firm grasp she would have had a nasty encounter with the earth below. But once Phae was close enough to the ground, she released her hold and landed with a thug in a squatting position. She froze upon standing, hearing voices come from a nearby window. Staying low and quiet she moved among the shadows against the wall until she was beneath the windowsill.

”Has there been any word?” A deep voice asked.

”Nothing. No ravens have returned, nor refugees arrived. When word of what passed in Oakheart reached Highspring we prepared to receive refugees by the dozens… But not a word.”

Inaudible whispers and paper shuffling came from in the room, followed by a long silence.

”None of the guard will go, no matter how much gold we offer them. I can only hope that being on an island will keep us out of harm’s way.”

Phaedra’s attention was drawn elsewhere as distant voices and footsteps could be heard growing closer to her location. Unable to stay and listen further, she pushed off the wall and ran crouched among the darkness. She continued along, ducking behind wagons or barrels and moving in the shadows of the guards footsteps until she made her way off his land.

It didn’t take her long to find the rotten tree off the shore of a nearby creek. Hidden in the hollow was her assortment of knives wrapped in leathers. Relieved to have her blades intact and on her, Phaedra took her time putting each belt, strap and knife in its proper place on her. All the while her mind kept toiling over the few lines she heard exchanged about Oakheart.

She slowly walked over to the edge of the water and crouched down. Her fingers diligently pulled a necklace from her pouch. It was nothing extravagant, a simple piece of carved marble in the shape of a rose on a leather cord. Phaedra’s thumb rain across the rose as it brought back memories of its original owner, her late friend, Veela. She then carefully untied the necklace and slipped the newly acquired signet ring on the chain to be sure it wasn’t lost. After retying it, she placed the necklace over her head, but continued to cup the charm in her palm.

It took her awhile to remember why Oakheart made a tinge of worry knot up in her gut. But after a moment of silence by the water it came back to her. Rebekka. Another woman who had been with the Courtesans for little over a year got her first big contract… And it was in Oakheart. Phaedra took the job in Highspring to be close to Rebekka, just in case of any unforeseen circumstances, like most veteran Courtesans did. She hadn’t been sent word to go and aid the novice, but after what she heard, how could she not go.

Phaedra spent most of the night by the river, sharpening her blades and mulling over the words she overheard. She had no idea what she was about to get herself into but the fact that guards couldn’t be paid to go there didn’t help her unease. But before she could talk herself out of it, she gathered her things and made her way to the nearest port.

Traveling took her the better part of two weeks, but with the aid of Salvator’s gold, Phaedra at least got her own cabin on the ship. She wasn’t much for the luxuries of nobility, but she never liked the idea of sleeping in a hammock. The rest of the journey she went by foot, preferring to avoid the wondering and nosey gazes of others. It seemed the closer she got to the village the less people she saw and the larger the knot in her stomach grew.

It’s safe to say she had no idea what to expect and upon arriving to Oakheart… It definitely wasn’t what she fell upon. The village was completely decimated. Not a home or brick still stood. Whatever remained was ash among the rubble or tarnished with soot. Some places Phaedra could still see small streams of smoke elevating from the debris. Her heart sank and she was frozen in place, unable to move. She thought that maybe the village was raided and seize by the Orcs. That she would have to sneak past dozens of them to help Rebekka… She would have preferred that.

Phaedra should have turned around and left at that moment, but part of her couldn’t let go of the little sliver of hope that still remained. She slowly tip toed her way through the rubble, looking around for any signs… of life. But the farther she wondered into the village the more she felt the pit in her stomach grow. There were no foot prints coming or going. No one had left… And no one had been there. How could no one have traveled here to see if there were survivors?

Her searching quickly came to an end when she saw a shoe beneath a plank of wood. A deep sigh escaped her lips as she lowered herself to her knees. It took Phaedra what felt like ages to build up the courage to lift the piece of wood and reveal the charred red shoe. She knew it was hers the moment she saw it… The same shoes she lent to Rebekka for her first contract. As she held what remained of it in her hand, something farther beneath the wood caught her eye.

She set down the shoe and dug through the debris, revealing a strange stone tablet seemingly unharmed by everything that transpired around it. Phaedra held it in her left hand while using her right to wipe dirt and ash from its surface. Slowly the foreign markings in the stone became visible. Her brows furrowed as she looked it over, never seeing anything like it before in her life.

Out of nowhere a blinding pain shoot up her arm. Phaedra winced, doubling over, the tablet fell from her grasp as her left hand moved to clutch her right wrist. Spots quickly formed in her vision as everything around her started to feel like it is spinning. ”What the f—“ her voice trailed off as her eyes rolled back in her head and she collapsed unconscious in a pile of debris.

I've also included another post I've done recently that was an intro post for another RP. This includes 3 of my characters: Cullen, Imogen and Regina, along with the NPCs of their parents. Although this is more of an extreme of how my posts can be, I feel that it is better to show how I can be when really inspired so you can understand the different lengths I go to for RPs and story telling.

The journey from Southege to the Dracfort was by no means short. Even though Southege was the smallest of the keeps, it still took them days to traverse it. Of course, being in a carriage rather than on horseback didn't help matters. The giant box on wheels moved at a terribly slow pace and was limited to the roads, which weren't always the most direct route... anywhere. On the positive side of things, the carriage kept them out of the rain and their backsides did favor them more sitting on a cushioned seat rather than straddling a horse. But, then there was the bumps. The damned, god forsaken bumps. Imogen couldn't tell if the driver was doing it on purpose. The wheel beneath her seemed to find every rock and divot in the road, no matter where she sat in the carriage. It sufficed to say that it made it nearly impossible to try and sleep during their journey.

The interior of the mobile wooden box wasn't all that extravagant, or at least, not to Lady Katherine's standards. Her tastes were only for the finest and most expensive luxuries, which was quickly wearing off on Regina. Lord Percy might have been able to afford the finest and most elaborately decorated carriage, but in his opinion a carriage is a carriage. As long as it got them from point A to point B comfortably, what did it matter if the cushions weren't imported velvet with dove feathers or there wasn't gold embellishments on the outside. Subtle was always best, particularly when traveling across the country. It aided in them passing by relatively unnoticed, which helped them avoid attacks from those whom have a strong disliking for any nobles.

It wasn't an old carriage, but simple. The box was made out of oak, strong and sturdy, painted a dark color as to hide most of the dirt it accumulated through travel. There were two benches of seats inside the cabin that face each other and were adorned in soft cushions. There were candle holders for light whenever the curtains were closed or in the evenings, but Imogen insisted on the curtains being open. She'd rather have the sunlight and fresh air versus the hot stuffy carriage and candle wax burning her whenever the driver hit a bump.

It was finally the last day of travel as they entered the borders of the capital. Lady Katherine insisted that they all dress their best to be presented to the royal family which was pretty, but unbearable to travel in. Regina and Imogen both sat on the rear facing bench in the carriage, while their mother sat across from them. Imogen wore as simple of a dress that she could get away with by her mother's standards while her sister wore an absurd white gown that all but shouted 'marry me.' Even Lady Katherine wore an eccentric gown that begged to be looked at. Luckily for Imogen, this meant she would most likely go unnoticed in her sister's and mother's shadow. She liked the thought of that.

Between the three of them, their dresses consumed the rest of the cabin. Imogen's own gown might not have been that poofy, but what hers laked in size, her mother's and Regina's more than made up from it. They all sat in a sea of fabric up to their waists, which left no room for Lord Percy and Cullen who rode their steeds in pace with the carriage.

Imogen had quickly grown bored by the conversations passing between Regina and her mother. Remember to curtsey, always smile, it's 'your grace' or 'your majesty.' And the list went on. She didn't care about any of that, it was Regina who wanted to be Queen, not her. Imogen had her arms crossed, laying on the window sill with her cheek pressed to her forearms. She watched as trees came and went trying to listen to Cullen and their father talking, lusting after their freedom to be on horseback. She'd even settle for riding on the back of her father's or brother's bike, just out of that damned rolling oven.

"Imogen," her mother's voice nagged after her. "Bring your head in from that window, you're messing up your hair."

She sighed, but did not move. "It's already falling out," she mumbled under her breath while she rolled her eyes teasingly toward Cullen who looked at her when their mother spoke up.

Regina ran her hands along the bodice and skirt of her gown before she spoke up. "Mother," she said softly. "Imogen's hair can hardly be tamed. It was only a matter of time before pieces got a mind of their own.... With or without the aid of the wind." When her sister glanced over her shoulder toward her, Regina smiled softly before looking back at their mother.

Lady Katherine sighed, pursing her lips as she looked back upon her eldest daughter. She leaned forward to tuck a loose strand of Regina's hair back into its place, then smiled. "It's true, neither of your siblings were gifted with my formiddable hair such as yourself. Poor Cullen and Imogen... They got your father's wild curls."

Lord Percy's horse trotted up to the side of the carriage where Imogen's head rested upon her arms in the window. "What is troubling you, my little possum?" He asked her as he extended his hand to brush her cheek.

Imogen smiled, raising her head slightly. "I envy you both on your horses. I'm going mad in this wheel house... I might suffocate under all of this fabric."

Her father chuckled, shaking his head, not in disapproval but light heartedness. He then leaned his head down to her level and whispered. "Your mother might end me if I let you out on your horse in your new fine clothes." When he sat up right he continued, "But, we brought Gus," he motioned over his shoulder toward her horse, whose reigns were strapped to her brother's saddle. "And, I promise that you can ride him as much as you want after tonight."

"But, look at him, Father," Imogen said as she motioned to Gus. "He needs me! If Cullen's giant arse gets on him it'll kill him!"

"Hilarious," Cullen said as he rode his horse behind their father. "You may want to be nicer, dear sister. I do, quite literally, hold the reigns of your prized horse in my hands."

"You mean in your meat hooks?"

Instead of acting insulted or firing back with his own quip, Cullen reached his hand under his jack and pulled out a cluster of thin green vines covered in small leaves and white flowers. "Well, me and my meat hooks were going to give you these, but now I think I'll just feed them to Gus."

Imogen's eyes immediately widened as she practically jumped out of her seat, extending half of her body out the window to try and snatch the plant from her brother. Southern Vines were her favorite plant. Since she was a young girl, Imogen often made necklaces for her siblings from it or interweaved the vines in her red locks. When she was a child, after of months of begging, her father finally let her put some of the vines in her room, allowing the petite plant to grow its way around her windows and through the beams in her ceiling. It didn't seam like much to most people, but since the moment they left their home she has been incredibly homesick. She had no idea the plant even grew this far north, but seeing something that strongly reminded her of home made her cheerful, if only for a moment.

"Imogen!" her mother hissed, appauled at her daughter as she practically flung herself through the window at Cullen. "You are making a scene! Get back in the carriage at once!"

Ignoring her mother, she remained half out the window holding her hand outstretched toward her brother. "Have I ever told you that you are the most wonderful brother in the entire world?" She grinned, smiling her innocent yet cheeky grin that stretched from ear to ear and was as contagious as the plague.

"I am your only brother," Cullen replied dryly. As much as he wanted to bate his sister a bit longer, he caved quickly. With a sigh and a roll of his eyes, he handed the Southern Vine over to Imogen. The moment he saw the vine a mile back down the road he knew he had to stop and pick it. It had seemed that the farther away from home they got, Imogen grew quieter and more sullen. It was her first time away from Southege, and he could tell she already missed it. Their mother might not have noticed, or cared. Hell, she was probably happy that her youngest seemed the most tame she has been in her entire life. But Cullen could tell she wasn't temporarily tamed, just caged. So, if a small flower could bring her a moment of happiness, it made it all worth it.

Imogen let herself fold back into the carriage, sitting back in her seat. She turned toward Regina, smiling happily as she showed her sister what Cullen got her. "Ginny, can you help me?"

Regina smiled down at the vines her sister coveted in her hands. Funny, how something so small and simple could bring her happiness. She noticed her sister hadn't been herself since they left home. Cullen's act was kind and for just a moment, she could see the young girl Imogen once was beneath the woman she now was. She leaned forward slightly to make eye contact with her brother, flashing him a smile of thanks. They both worried so much about their younger sister, although he showed it more often than Regina did. It was a fine line she tiptoed between doting older sister and an elegant, sophisticated daughter. She parted her lips to respond to her sister, only for her mother to speak up first.

"What do you think you are doing?" Lady Katherine sat opposite the two girls, with her hands perfectly cupped, resting in the heap of fabric that was her lap. She wasn't amused in the slightest, sparing Cullen a displeased glance before looking back toward Imogen. It took her the better part of the journey to the capital, and then again that morning to get her youngest to quit her fussing and dress like some semblance of a Lady. If Percy wouldn't have intervened, Imogen would be wearing a dress similar to her own and Regina's. Something rose in color, heavily embellished with that mess of red curls pulled back taut and styled like a Lady's should be. She was certain of one of two things would happen when presented to the royals, either her daughter would go unnoticed in comparison to Regina... Or worse, she would stand out like a sore thumb in their presence and potentially disgrace the family.

"Mother?" Regina asked with a sigh.

"What kind of message do you think that would send? A Mercier, your sister arriving at the capital to meet with the royals... with weeds in her hair?"

"That she's being herself?" Cullen responded from outside the carriage, leaning over his horse to look in through the window of the carriage. "True, authentic, Imogen." He glanced back over toward his sister, briefly flashing her a supportive smile.

Imogen slowly turned in her seat to face Lady Katherine. "You are wanting to impress the Prince with Regina, not me? What does it matter... What I look like?"

Lord Percy pulled his horse around to the other side of the carriage. "Kitty, she wore the dress like you asked. Let her do her hair how she pleases."

Lady Katherine pursed her lips looking bettween Imogen and her father. She sat back in her seat and proceeded to shift her gaze toward the approaching capital and the castle that lived in the middle of it all. They were drawing near. In minutes they would be at the keep and everything would change.

When her mother didn't seem to argue or say anything else, Regina motion her index finger in a gesture to get Imogen to turn around. Regina pulled the pins from her sister's hair and then ran her fingers through the locks, detangling them gently. Unlike her own hair, Immy's was thick with tight curls much like Cullen's. It was wild and didn't like to be held down. So, instead of trying to force the hair in ways it didn't want to go, Regina slowly french braided the main, weaving the Southern vines through the curls. As she worked, she intentionally pulled out stray curls at Imogen's temple, base of the neck and a few that framed her face. With some vines left, she looked down between the plant in her hands and the back of her sister's head. She then tied a careful knot without snapping the foliage and placed it over Imogen's headlike a necklace. "There," Regina concluded while squeezing her sister's shoulders tenderly.

Just as Regina finished the braid, the carriage slowly came to a halt. She slid over to the window of the carriage, her hands holding onto the windowsill as she leaned forward, looking up in awe. It was hard to believe there was that much stone in the whole, let alone in a single castle. She had always thought their own castle was large, but it was a stable compared to the King's Keep. It would take hours to get from one end to the other. The towers stretched so high that they disappeared into the clouds. She imagined that she could scream at the top of her lungs and someone in the tallest tower wouldn't be able to hear. It was glorious. Regina couldn't help but imagine herself living in this very castle. Images of herself with a crown on top of her head, seated before hundreds of Courtmoor's most loyal subjects flashed through her mind. Funny how everything that flooded her thoughts about the potential and hopeful future of her in this place didn't involve the Prince. He was a technicality but nothing more. She hoped he was attractive, smart and kind like the rumors said. But he could have been old, fat and ugly... It would have made no difference. Not as long as she became Queen.

Her daydreaming was cut short when her father opened the door, causing the carriage to rock slightly. He smiled to the three of them in the small wooden box, before extending his hand toward their mother. "My love?" Without reply or hesitation, she took his hand anddescended down the steps out of the carriage. Following was Cullen, who held his hand out for Regina. Her dress was big and cumbersome, but she descended the steps without getting caught up once. She's spent her whole life preparing for this moment and she was convinced she could accomplish anything, especially in a corset and giant gown.

Imogen was reluctant to leave the carriage, sitting idly by as she watched her mother and sister step out. She had been dying to get out of this damned wheel house since they first left Southege, but now that they were at the castle she didn't want to get out.

"Hey Im, are you coming?" Cullen asked, leaning his head in through the door.

She gave him a nervous smile, but didn't move.

"Come on," he added as he climbed the steps into the carriage, taking a seat next to her. "If I was cooped up in here for hours, I'd want to get out as quickly as possible... And if you don't get out soon, mother will come in for you and she won't be as friendly as me."

Imogen chuckled before exhaling a deep breath. She waited for Cullen to get up and exit the carriage. As he stepped off, the cabin swayed, causing Imogen to reach out and steady herself with the frame of the door. "God, you ogre, no wonder mother made you ride on a horse. One bump and your big arse would break the carriage."

Cullen crossed his arms over his chest, pursing his lips as he waited for Imogen to exit the carriage. The second she started down the steps he kicked the cabin, causing the entire coach to sway. Imogen lost her balance on the steps between the swaying and her dress. She would have most likely fallen on her face if he did reach out and grab her before she fell. When he sat her down on the ground, she turned around and punched him in the arm. "You bastard!"

"Imogen!" her mother snapped at her, staring daggers at her and Cullen. "Can the two of you please behave for an evening?" Lady Katherine snapped her fingers motioning for Cullen and Imogen follow them inside. "And watch your language, young Lady."

Imogen sighed and rolled her eyes. She then bowed her head while doing a curtsey toward her mother in an onry fashion. "Yes, mother." The moment her mother turned around and took Lord Percy's arm, Imogen balled up her fist and slammed it into Cullen's arm.

"You hit like a girl," Cullen taunted. When Imogen went to hit him again, he flinched and stepped out of the way. He held up his hands in a surrendering manner. "Easy there, killer. I don't want to bruise."

"Worried I'll damage your petals, Petunia?" Imogen chuckled, scooping up handfuls of her dress to lift her skirt from the ground. She quickly ascended the stairs after Regina, weaving between her parents as Cullen chased after her. It didn't take long for him to gain on her. When she reached the landing before the great doors, Cullen's arms slipped around her waist from behind and hoisted her up from the ground.

Lady Katherine hastened her way up the stairs after them, fuming and red faced. She reached the two as Cullen held a fighting Imogen off the ground, who squirmed and kicked. Katherine raised her hand, ready to back hand one of them.

Percy hurried up the stairs after her. "Katherine," he called after her just before the large double doors opened.

Imogen elbowed her brother in the side before he set her back down on her feet gently, staring between their enraged mother and the servants that greated them at the entrance. The servant that was dressed slightly nicer than the others stepped forward, clearing his throat as he adjusted his jacket. "Lord and Lady Mercier, welcome to the Dracfort Keep. The King and Queen have asked me to escort you to the throne room to be presented, while your belongings are taken to your chambers. Lord Percy and Lady Katherine, your chambers shall be in the Eastern Wing with the other Lords and Ladies while your children will be given individual rooms off the West Wing. If you would please follow me, I shall take you to the throne room presently."

The servant nodded his head to all of them before pivoting and starting down the hall. Imogen moved out of the way to allow her parents to pass, but when Lady Katherine stood beside her, she grabbed a hold of her arm pulling her close. "You will behave, or so help me, Imogen." She remained silent, simply nodding her head as her mother released her grip and followed after the servant with her father in tow. Imogen's attention shifted toward the servants that scurried outside and began to remove the trunks that were packed on the carriage.

When she noticed no one in her family was paying her any mind, she took hold of her skirt and hurried down the steps after them. "Hello," she called after the two servants with a gentle smile.

Before she could continue, the both of them bowed and said in unison, "Lady Mercier."

"Oh, no no... Please, you don't need to do that." Imogen closed the distance to them, placing her hand on their shoulders so that they would stand upright. "You can call me Imogen." The two young men looked between each other, slightly confused and then a little relieved as if they were worried she was going to scold them. "What are your names?"

They hesitated for a moment before the brunette one stepped forward, "I'm Edward, m'lady... er, Imogen. And this is Alexander." He motioned to the blonde beside him.

Imogen smiled, extending her hand to shake both of theirs. "It is very nice to meet you both. I just wanted to let you know that the red leather trunk with gold trimming is my mother's trunk. She's very particular about that and would be quite upset if the belongings got mixed up. The brown leather one on top is my father's and the three off the back are mine and my siblings. Cullen's is the dirty one, Regina's is blue and mine is the one with the flowers."

"Oh," Alexander replied, glancing over his shoulder toward the carriage then back toward her. "Thank you, m'Lady."

"Imogen! Hurry up now!" her mother called after her from down the hall.

Imogen quickly dug two gold coins from beneath the neckline of her dress, hidden in her corset and handed one to each of them. "It's Imogen," she smiled gently. "Make sure you both have a good dinner." She then scooped up her dress and ran up the steps as fast as she could manage in those ridiculous clothes. She hurried down the long hall after her family, doing her best to smile and nod at the servants she passed. With her attention elsewhere, she slammed into the back of Cullen as he stood still waiting for another set of large doors to open.

Cullen glanced over his shoulder down at his sister, laughing as she stumbled backwards after running into him. "Graceful as always, sister."

The servants opened the doors before them, revealing the grand throne room. To say this room was large was definitely an understatement. The ceiling was over three stories high, decorated in ellaborate murals and golden embellishments. Three crystal chandeliers illuminated the room, and each must have had at least one hundred candles upon it. Over a dozen marble columns lined the long hall down toward the alter that held the thrones of the King and Queen, along with the Prince's and Princesses' on a lower tier. The room, no doubt, wasn't only the throne and audience room, but looked to be a ballroom of sorts as well. Imogen nearly tripped over the hem of her dress as she walked, staring up at the ceiling in awe rather than where she was walking.

Lord and Lady Mercier came to a halt a few feet in front of the alter before the royals. The servant stepped forward, giving a formal bow toward the DeGray's before turning sideways, motioning toward them. "Your Majesties, I present to you Lord Percy and Lady Katherine Mercier, Lords and Wardens of Southege."

Percy and Katherine bowed and curtsied before the royals before Lord Percy stepped forward. "Your Grace, I wanted to thank you for your invitation and hospitality. We are ever thankful and grateful to be in your presence for the festivities. May I present to you our children." Lady Katherine stepped aside revealing her children standing in line with one another. "Our eldest, and future Lord of Southege, Cullen."

Cullen stepped forward and swept back the tail of his cloak as he lowered to one knee in a bow. His ginger curls fell forward as he tilted his head downward. He then stood back up and smiled toward the royals. "It is a pleasure to finally meet our strong and wise King. And your Grace," he shifted his attention toward the Queen. "The rumors of your beauty do you no justice. The King is truly a lucky man to behold such beauty every day." He bowed once more before moving to stand to the side. Cullen cupped his hands before him, and when he caught glimpse of the Queen, he smirked slightly before sending her a subtle wink.

"Our eldest daughter, Regina."

Regina took a deep breath. This was her moment. Her hands trembled slightly as she grabbed ahold of her skirts and stepped forward. Her curtsey was so perfect and effortless that she was able to lower herself to the ground while keeping her spine erect. Once lowered, she nodded her head and then slowly rose. She moved her hands to gently cup before her as she addressed them all. "All my life I have been waiting for the chance to finally meet you all, your majesties." With that, her gaze lingered on the Prince for a moment. He was handsome, much more than whispers mentioned. He was nearly as tall as her brother and even in his formal attire, she could tell he was muscular as well. He had a strong jawline with a small cleft, dark, perfectly coiffed locks and mesmerizing blue eyes. "It is truly a pleasure to be in your wonderful presence. I look forward to getting to know and learn from you all." Regina didn't want to say too much, not for her first presentation. So, she simply curtsied once more and stepped aside to stand beside Cullen.

"And finally, our youngest daughter, Imogen."

Imogen tried to remind herself to breath as she stepped forward. Her mother's voice rang in her mind. 'A curtsey must be slow and elegant. Bend at the knees, not the waist and be sure to keep your back straight as if it is a glass holding water. Your back knee should come all the way down until it brushes the floor before you stand upright again.' She tried her best to heed her mother's words, repeating them in her head as she slowly lowered herself. Luckily, the skirt of her dress was too narrow to accomplish a curtsey as perfect and low as her sister's, so what she lacked in grace was masked by the tighter dress. When she stood back upright, her gaze lingered on the Prince for a moment who's own gaze was direct and strong, almost instantly bringing a blush to her cheeks. Unlike her siblings, she was at a loss for words at the situation, and if she parted her lips, no doubt she'd say something her mother would scold her about later. So, instead of upsetting her mother, she nodded her head once more and moved to the side. Once she felt the attention was off her and focused on the other nobles being presented, Imogen finally breathed, letting her face fall into her right palm as her left hand held her waist.

"He's handsome, don't you think?" Regina asked.

Imogen lifted her face from her hand, looking over at her sister slightly confused, only hearing the end of what she said. "What?"

"The Prince," Regina clerified, nodding her head toward Prince Declan. "He's quite handsome. I know the rumors said so, but you can't hold much stalk in hearsay."

"Oh... Yes, very handsome." Imogen's gaze drifted toward the Prince once more. She hadn't spent much thought on the whispers of others and what the Prince was like. Regina had always been the one mother prepared to marry into royalty, so Imogen never bothered herself with any of it. Honestly, until their mother was testing her sister in the carriage, she didn't even know his name. Not that he'd know anything about herself, or care compared to her sister. "You both will make a handsome match," Imogen reassured, smiling toward her sister.

Regina let out a soft sigh of relief, slipping her right arm around Imogen's left. "You think so?"

"Yes, of course."

"You know who I think is handsome?" Cullen asked as he appeared behind the two, hooking an arm around either of their shoulders as his head poked between theirs. "That Queen," he answered his own question, pointing toward her. "She is more attractive than half of the noble women in here combined."

Imogen chuckled while Regina spoke with hushed tones, "I think the entire room knows whom you are found of. Maybe next time you should save your flirtations for more private conversations?"

"No, I think I'm fine." Cullen smirked, looking back toward the Queen. "It's more fun... complimenting someone where the whole world can hear. It makes them flustered and bashful, yet... hot. Nothing gets a woman going more than a man able to give her a compliment, unafraid of watching eyes."

And lastly, I figured I'd include a more basic, standard post from me that comes from in the middle of an RP. This just shows how, when it isn't introducing characters or a high intensity point in the RP, I write for characters under normal circumstances. This is a section taken from a larger post (because I had multiple characters) but this is about my standard for a single character. Which, of course, would multiply depending on number of characters and what not.

Wren sighed as she stared at the back of the steal door. God did five minutes seem to take forever to pass. She let her right hand drop to her side, pulling the pistol from her thigh holster. She popped out the clip, making sure it was full.

She froze holding the clip in her left hand, gun in her right when she heard someone step up beside her. "Hey again, Wrenpool." Jack fucking Murdock. Wren remained completely stoic, only her feet moving as she pivoted around to face him. "Question for you...are you feeling like speedrunning this thing? Cause I definitely feel like speedrunning this thing."

Her gaze fell to his red helmet that he spun in his hands. Before Jack continued talking, she shoved the clip back into the pistol. Her free left hand snatched his helmet and slid it halfway onto her head over her mask. "Of course, you're more than capable of handling this yourself. It would be nice to have some backup though." He leaned closer to her. "And with my senses, we'd be able to find that damn envelope in less than five minutes."

Of course Wren liked the idea. Why wouldn't she? But Jack's idea of speedrunning and hers... Were different... Very different. If Jack had even a sliver of what his dad had, there's the whole no killing dilemma. While Wade and Wren like guns. She wondered if he considered that before he approached her? Or was determined in finding one of the more capable students to be in and out in a jiff so he could go back to bed.

"Partners?" he asked, extending his hand towards her.

Wren snorted, cocking the slide on her pistol as she stared at his hand. "You do realize I'm as subtle as Santa Claus on the fourth of July, right?" She flicked his Daredevil helmet back like a baseball cap. "I planned on strolling right in there. Setting off the alarm, and letting those Hydra fucks come to me. Pow. Pow. Pow." She aimed her gun around in circles pretending to shoot it with every pow.

She sighed, slipping her pistol back into its holster. "But you're not bullet proof. So... I either go maximum effort with my swords, or you..." She hooks her finger in his utility belt as she steps closer. "Whip out a silencer from your batman belt."

Wren smirked, although it wasn't totally visible through her mask. She raised her right hand and removed his helmet. Then she placed it on his head, then slid her hand into his palm, barely enough room between the two of them as they shook hands.

CONTACT ME

If you have an ideas you'd like to share with me, want to work up an idea together or like any of these ideas private message me and we can go from there. As I've said before I'm very flexible about what we come up with together. Brainstorming is part of the fun when it comes to working on RPs together. You can also feel free to contact me in regards to RPs you'd like me to take a look at because you think it'd appeal to me. My PMs are always open! And if none of this interests you, that is completely fine. I appreciate the time you took to look through this!! And even if you just want a friend, feel free to drop me a message. Friends are always welcome :)

Thor

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: junebug and noodle
Still searching. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or ideas :) I'm always open and flexible!!! Thanks!

Ready player one ive been working on an idea for this for quite some time but I would like help

Hmmm.......

The "hammer" of your prose has caught my attention... PM sent.