Thor with a twist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loki was glad to have a friend, he never had one before. He felt safe around Breanna, when the night came he stood up. "Well I should let you have your room and I will retire to your spare room, and in the morning maybe I could go with you to your work and see if I can get a job."

"Sounds great." she smiled. She lead him to the room, made sure he had plenty of blankets and gave him a quick hug. "Good night." she ran out quick and ran to the bathroom to get ready for bed. "I hope I can get him the job." mumbled through her toothpaste. "I'll lose my own job if necessary." she look determinedly into the mirror. She wrapped her blanket around her in bed, and quickly fell asleep.

Loki tossed and turned all night having bad dreams about his father coming after him, he laid awake for a few hours watching the sun come up. The next morning Loki got out of bed and walked into the living room, today was going to be a good day. Or at least he hoped it was, everything was changing for the better.

Brenna handed Loki a bowl of cereal and they quickly ate and hurried out the door. They got to the cafe, she made sure he looked presentable and they stepped inside. The old lady was there getting things ready for opening. "You're early for once." she snapped. Brenna tried on a good smile.

"Yes." She looked over at Loki. "This is a friend of mine..." she looked back to the owner, "would you consider hiring him in the kitchen? He's a good cook, I believe."

The lady continued to straighten up, and then looked up slightly. "Hmph, I was thinking of hiring another cook... let's have an interview." she motioned him to follow and she walked over to one of the tables on the other side of the cafe.

Loki was pretty nervous he has never done anything like this before, and the old woman intimidated him a little bit. Loki smiled at her sitting up tall, "thank you for considering me for this." Loki softly spoke, "I know it's rather sudden but Breanna told me about this opportunity."

The old lady had at first been a bit suspicious of the young man, but as they talked he seemed like a decent person, he didn't have any prior work experience, but from what he said about learning to cook from a friend he seemed to know what he was doing in the kitchen pretty well. "I'll put you on trial" she decided "if you do well, I'll give you a permanent job." the other workers were coming now, so she sent them both off to start working. Brenna gave Loki a thumbs up, as he entered the kitchen. "see you later" she mouthed.

"Thank you ma'am I will not disappoint you," Loki smiled standing up and walking to the kitchen. The staff seemed very friendly and willing to teach Loki, it was the first time Loki felt comfortable around a group of people. Loki was a quick learner and it didn't take him long to know the basics, for someone who's had meals prepared for him his whole life he was able to keep up with the quick pace.

The shift went by pretty smoothly, and after it was over she bought them doughnuts as a snack for the walk home. "I'm free for the rest of the day, is there anything you want to do?" she asked.

(* My internet is going bananas and having problems, good night thanks! ;) *)

Loki walked next to her, "hmm well what do you recommend we do? After all I am new to the city, maybe you can take me site seeing?" Loki suggested as he started eating the doughnut.

"Alright, let go to bay and look around at the shops." She smiled. "I have to get some groceries anyway." They walked to the main road outside the park and caught a taxi to the bay area.

"When I get paid I promise I am going to help you out with buying food and paying rent," Loki assured her as they got into the cab. "You have been way too kind to me and I must repay you for that."

"Oh, thanks." she blushed. "It's no problem." They rode down to the bay, and explored the shops for awhile, she bought them some groceries and they walked down to the benches next to the beach to drink the soda they'd bought.

Loki smiled as he watched a mother and son interact though it quickly faded when he thought of his own mother, before she died they spent hours together reading and learning magic. Taking a deep breath he sat back, "everyone seems really nice at the diner. The kitchen staff get along really well."

Status
Not open for further replies.