Thor: The Early Years(Rin and Chello)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frigga grabbed Odin's hand and walked with him out of that awful place, the men were true monsters for harming innocent children. As they walked she said nothing she knew how upset and angry Odin was she was just glad he listened to her, "we should be able to catch up to the boys. I told Thor to go on ahead to get Loki to the palace." She finally spoke up before sighing. It didn't take long for them to catch up to Thor and Loki, Loki was trying to help Thor and Thor him.

"Thor look, mother and father have caught up to us." Loki told him as he stopped for a rest, "mother, father are you okay?"

Thor was struggling but he was determined to heed his mother's words and refused to give up until Loki was safe. And yet, despite his ddetermination, each step was getting harder and harder to take.

Odin was calmed by Frigga's touch, but didn't trust himself to speak. As his queen sighed he nodded, the urge to be with his children rising in him suddenly. When they found him, without a word, Odin went up to his boys and gathered them into his arms and squeezed tightly.

Thor had barely turned at Loki's words before his father's arms wrapped around them. He felt instant relief and for some reason felt his eyes moisten.

"We are fine my darling now let's get you boys home so you can get looked at by the healers and then some rest," Frigga told him walking with them. She couldn't wait to get them home where it was safe, Loki needed medical attention as soon as possible. Upon reaching their home Frigga walked the boys to the healing room, "Loki has been gravely injured." She told them.

Loki sat down on a table where his injuries were cleaned, he winced everytime they cleaned his cuts. "Why does it have to sting so much?" He complained, while he was being looked at Thor was also being examined.

Thor nodded, glad that his parents had been unharmed. His mother's voice soothed him instantly and he relaxed as they got closer and closer to home.

His peacefulness was broken as the healers bustled around him and Loki, setting them on tables to be examined. At the sound of his mother's voice, Thor straightened up. He hadn't seen the entirety of Loki's injures; he just knew that they had sounded painful. He winced alongside Loki as the healers began to clean his wounds. Thor smiled grimly at Loki's complaints, but kept his eyes on him as his own wounds were being checked. They didn't hurt much and those that did he simply ignored, gritting his teeth.

"It won't hurt for so long," Frigga assured Loki as she stroked his hair. "You two were so brave, you especially you Thor." Frigga smiled.

Loki sighed deeply, "I don't feel well." He complained, "my chest hurts."

The healers continued to work on him, "he has a fever probably from an infection. He also has pneumonia, he will need plenty of rest." She explained, "now off to bed with the both of them."

Thor looked to the floor at his mother's praise. If he had truly been brave, Loki wouldn't have gotten hurt. He nodded slightly to show his mother that he had been listening, but hardly agreed.

When it was announced that Loki had pneumonia, Thor mentally kicked himself. He'd forgotten to watch after Loki's health too? How hard was it to make sure that his wounds were clean? He shook his head with a sigh. He really was a rotten brother. His healer began to finish up. "Thor has various cuts and bruises, a small bump of his head and a slight fracture in one of his fingers," she reported to Frigga as she tied a splint around his index finger. "Both should get plenty of bed rest."

"Okay, thank you." Frigga responded, "time for bed you two."

Loki jumped off the table, "okay..." He sighed and headed off to his room to get ready for bed, Frigga turned to Thor and smiled she could tell he was upset. "Thor what's wrong my son?" She asked placing her hand on his face, "if you are worried about Loki he is going to be fine with rest."

Loki climbed into his bed and laid down on his side as it was the more comfortable position to lay on, he closed his eyes trying to get some sleep.

Thor rose slowly, feeling a little stiff. He hardy had any energy to keep himself up. As he began to follow his brother, his mother's voice stopped him. Her hand felt soft on his cheek, but his stinging wounds took away from the comfort. "I couldn't protect him, Mom," he admitted, staring at his shoes.

"Oh Thor you did your best," Frigga softly spoke. "You both were out numbered, it's okay sweetheart. I am not mad at you, please don't feel bad. Loki wouldn't want you to, now let's get you to bed." She softly smiled taking his hand and leading him to his room.

Frigga's words made Thor feel a bit better and he knew she was right. A small amount of weight was lifted off his shoulders and he took his mother's hand and followed her to his room. When he was there he all but collapsed onto his bed. It wasn't until then that he felt the results from all his wounds. He closed his heavy eyes and attempted to rest.

Frigga covered Thor with a blanket, "get some sleep my son." She told him kissing his head before walking out of the room, she went to check up on Loki whom was fast asleep. She kissed his head and walked out getting some sleep.

The next morning Loki woke up feeling the same, he sat up in bed with his blankets wrapped around his body.

Thor was plagued with nightmare, waking up multiple times during the night. As he sat up in bed, he struggled to relax. Not your fault, he repeated to himself. Not your fault. Soon he was granted a deep dreamless sleep.

When he woke up he fell like hell. Unable to stop himself, he stood and made his way to Loki's room, knocking lightly on the door.

Loki was reading a book when Thor knocked on the door, "come in." He told him, Loki didn't get a chance to talk to him when they got back home as he was hushed to his room. Loki was worried about his older brother and hoped he was okay.

Thor glanced in and saw Loki reading. Tears pooled in his eyes as he approached him. Thor didn't trust himself to speak and instead embraced Loki, squeezing him a little too tightly, before releasing him. He rubbed at his eyes and put on a smile so not to worry his brother. "What are you reading?"

Loki smiled, "just the story about dragons. The one mother use to read to is when we were kids," Loki responded. "How are you doing? How are you feeling?" He asked, "we didn't get to talk after we got home."

Thor smiled. That had always been one of his favorite stories when he was younger. He sat a bit away from Loki. "Yeah, there was just too much going on to talk, plus we were both so tired...I'm doing alright. My injuries only hurt a little, mostly just sore and itchy. What about you?"

"Mine still hurt but not as much as yesterday, they say it will take a few days before they stop hurting." Loki responded, "Thor what happened to me wasn't your fault. I can see it in your eyes that you blame yourself and you shouldn't," Loki told him. "You did all you could to protect me."

Thor smiled sadly. "I know. I know. I just wished I could've done more." He leaned against Loki for a moment before standing up. "Want to go get some food?"

Loki smiled, "food sounds great I am starving." He spoke standing up, "let's go. Maybe we both will feel better after we eat," Loki thought as he walked out of his room and headed towards the dining hall. "Perhaps when we get better we can train some more that way when a real battle comes we will be ready for anything."

Last edited:
Thor chuckled slightly, wincing as a pain ached its way across his ribs. "I doubt that Mother will be letting us train for awhile," he admitted. And he had no idea what his father thought. He had saw the wild look in his eyes as he bashed his way through all the men, stomping down anyone who got in his way. The thought made Thor shiver; he had never seen his father so angry before...

He shook the thoughts from his mind and smile at Loki, trailing behind him as he led the way to the dining hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.