Thor: The Early Years(Rin and Chello)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loki smiled at Odin, "I hope you weren't to harsh on Thor it wasn't his fault and I know I enticed his anger." Loki softly spoke, he then looked at Thor. "I'm sorry I used my magic Thor, that wasn't fair of me."

Frigga looked at her boys, "well there will be no fighting for a while at least for Loki. While he is recovering he will be studying, why don't you boys go and take it easy."

Odin's smile grew. "I'm proud of you Loki. It takes a great man to admit his own wrong doings." Odin reached or to embrace his sons but then caught himself. Clearing his throat, he withdrew himself, as was necessary as king. "Go on boys, do as your mother says," he commanded, "I'll be in the Throne Room."

Thor watched as his father walked away, restraining himself from following. Loki's apology had lighten his heart and he couldn't help but smile at his brother. "What should we do now, Loki?"

"I don't know, I mean I have to take it easy should we go down to the lake?" Loki asked, "we could take the horses?" He smiled, "maybe look for treasure?"

"That sounds like a wonderful idea boys, but if you are going to do that remember to be home for supper. And Thor watch out for your little brother," Frigga smiled as she turned to follow her husband.

Thor was thrilled. For a second he thought their mother was going to make good on her suggestion to study. There was nothing that Thor hated more than studying. He could never concentrate, his legs begging to be moved, and either trying to read the small letters in the books gave him a headache.

Looking for treasure had became a favorite pastimes of Thor' s, a time when it was just him and Loki, a time where the weight of being the next heir didn't hang so heavily on their heads. "I'll watch him, Mama!" He called out to his departing mother, taking Loki's hand into his and giving it a squeeze, his grip tightening more than he meant.

Loki winced a little when Thor squeezed his hand, and ran along with him. Loki loved exploring, loved looking for treasure with his older brother. He knew that Thor would always keep him safe, as did their parents. "I wonder what kind of treasure we will find?" He smiled, "remember last time when we found that rare diamond?"

(Hmm they are starting to sound a lot younger than teenagers, meh no matter we can say that they are younger.)

Thor glanced at his and Loki's hand interlocking. They haven't held hands since they were younger. I guess in the spur of it all, I did it without thinking, Thor thought. He remembered when he was little he would grab Loki's hand when he was scared or if he had done something to hurt Loki. The sparring match must have triggered it, he concluded.

As he thought, he had slowed their pace, retracting his hand to his side. They were nearing the lake, Thor could already smell the water. "Yes, I remember the diamond. That was agile ago, " he finally replied with a small smile. The memory floated around in his head, two little explorers running around on the beach. They had spent most of their childhood here. Maybe that's what cause it, Thor pondered.

(Oh sorry i didn't realize! <(^~^); hopefully that fixes it p.s sorry for the delay it's been Christmas madness all week)

(It's all good.)

Loki walked to the lake and picked up a rock skipping it across the water, "things were so easier back when we were younger. You didn't have to worry about studying to be king, mother and father would take us for picnics. I was just learning magic, I remember how happy I was when I created my first illusion." Loki smiled and looked at Thor, "and you were just starting to train how to fight. And you were quite good a that age too," He smiled.

"Yeah those were.." Loki was cut off when he saw a group of large men step out of the woods.

"Well, well what do we have here? The princes of Asgard," one of them spoke. "All alone.."

Thor smiled at the memories. Things had been so much easier then. The brothers had been inseparable, yet once their studies began their unrelated strengths pulled them apart. Where one strived the other lacked and their commonalities lessened.

"Fighting came as natural to me as magic did to you," he replied to Loki.

"Yeah those were.."

Thor looked up, his eyebrow furrowed. "Brother, what's-" he started as he turned from the lake, but fell silent as he noticed the men. He glanced at Loki, taking the few steps to erase the distance that had been between them as the men approached.

"...All alone." The one that had been talking finished, taking in the brothers with a malicious gleam in his eyes. Thor narrowed his eyebrows and squared his shoulders. "You dare address sons of Odin in this manner?"

"Look how tough the blond one is trying to be," the man laughed. "And look at the little dark haired one, he looks so afraid. Come boy you aren't afraid of me are you?" He asked with a smirk stepping forward to the boys.

"Thor we are outnumbered, what are we going to do?" Loki asked, "their intentions..they want to kidnap us and who knows what they will do." Loki looked at Thor.

"Boys go after the older one, the little one is mine." He smirked as the three other men went to attack Thor, while he stepped closer to Loki grabbing his arm and throwing him away from Thor.

Thor glared at the men, sneering at their stupid comments. After the man's command, he took a step back, readying himself for the attack.

He was not expecting the leader to move so quickly. "No, Loki!" He spun on his heel, losing his balance in his haste. His body slammed to the floor, his shoulder taking most of the impact. A sharp pain made its way up his arm, but Thor ignored it all.

"Loki!" he called out to his brother as the man neared him. "Don't you dare touch my brother you filthy swine." Thor tried to scramble to his legs, but the rest of the gang had made their way upon him. One grabbed his ankle and pulled sharply, laughing as it threw Thor to the floor. "Loki, get out of here! Run brother!" He cried

Loki watched in horror as his brother was being ganged up on, "Thor I can't leave you. I won't leave you," Loki told him and prepared to fight back. He used his magic to throw his attacker off, appearing behind him and attacking him. The man fell to the ground but quickly stood up again, he grabbed Loki by the throat. "Pathetic little boy, do you think you can really stand a chance against me?" He slammed Loki hard on the ground, "finish up with him we'll take them both." He commanded and knocked Loki out picking him up and throwing him over his shoulder.

"No! Loki!" Thor kicked off one of his assailants, managing to gain ground towards his fallen brother. "Get off!" He growled his rage boiling. He began to punch blindly, slamming the guy who had grabbed his ankle to the ground then turning to match the blow dealt with the other. He didn't see the third man who had attacked Loki come up and hit him on the back of his head. Thor's vision went black as he struggled to stay conscious.

Once Thor was out he was picked up and slung over the other guy's shoulder and the two kids were taken to their hideout located deep in the forest that was hidden from sight by a barrier, the kids were thrown into a small cage like cell. Hours went by and finally Loki woke up, "ugh..What..Where are we?" He asked looking around.

Thor could hear noises, but couldn't make out what they were. His head ached terribly and harsh pain emanated from his shoulder. As he let out a low groan he heard Loki's call. "B-brother? Is that you?" Thor shook his head trying to focus. Everything just hurt so much,

Loki got closer to Thor, "it's me brother..We are in some kind of cell," Loki explained as he sat next to him. "Thor I..I have a bad feeling about this, what if they use us for their own personal gain?"

It was getting late and Frigga was starting to worry, "where are those boys? They should have been back by now," she spoke pacing around in the throne room. "We should go and look for them."

Thor's mind felt fuzzy. For some reason he couldn't focus, and the horrible pain in his shoulders didn't help. Thor sat up slowly, his head reeling. "A cell?" He responded slowly to his brother. Hearing Loki's voice had calmed him somewhat; he had feared that they were going to be separated.

He reached out and closed his hands around the bars of their cage. Though they appeared rusty, they held strong. "I don't know what they want with us," Thor responded slowly. "But it definitely has to do with Father."

Odin watched as his wife paced anxiously. He too had noticed that the day was almost through and the boys have yet to return. He walked up to Frigga and placed a hand on her shoulder. "They're young boys, dear. They probably just lost track off time and are just out having adventures," Odin reassured the queen. Yet even as he said it an ugly feeling settled into his stomach. "Come, let's go see what they're up to."

Loki just sat there, "they will hold us for ransom. Or what if they torture us into giving them information about our home?" Loki spoke starting to become afraid, "I just want to go home."

"Quiet in there!" One of the men spoke, "your whiny voice is irritating. I thought the son of Odin would be stronger than this, braver than this."

Frigga took a deep breath, "you are probably right. They always lose track of time when they are out having fun, It's getting darker outside and there are a lot of dangers out in those woods.

"Calm yourself, brother," Thor rested his hand on Loki's shoulder trying to reassure him. "Ransom or not, torture or not, I will protect you Loki. The will not harm us."

Thor glared at the man who spoke. Just you wait, he thought angrily. Thor grew tired of the men's boldness and only wished he was stronger to teach these guys a lesson.

Back at home, Odin was helping his wife into her cloak. "Come darling, let us make haste." He grabbed a torch and led his wife from the castle.

Loki looked at Thor and nodded, he knew Thor was right. Thor would protect him at all costs, he just sat against the wall hugging his knees. "I don't feel so well," he complained. Loki just wanted to go home where it was safe and warm.

Frigga followed closely beside Odin a sword at her side, "I hope they are alight and nobody has harmed them." She spoke, "they'll be sorry if they even lay a hand on either of them."

Thor was acting brave for Loki's sake, but he too was starting to feel a little anxious. He couldn't hear what the men were whispering about, but he had a feeling it wasn't good. He sat beside his brother and, after a bit of hesitation, laid a protective arm around his shoulder. It had been awhile since the two brothers had sat so close and Thor couldn't help but fidget slightly as he tried to get comfortable, yet he never took his eyes off the men.

The King and Queen made their way to the lake, the last place they remembered the boys had gone. Odin kept his eye wide open, swinging the lantern back and forth to check every spot. After passing a long dried up tree, he saw them. Tracks. And a lot of them."Darling look," he pointed them out to Frigga. He recognized the smaller footprints as Thor and Loki, yet he had no idea whom the bigger prints belonged to. As far as Odin could tell the looked like men's, maybe several of them.

Odin looked at his wife. "I fear your worries are correct, my darling."

Status
Not open for further replies.