This Wicked Waltz (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, I feel quite dissatisfied with my character. Will it be okay for me to restart from scratch? Or will it be too troublesome?

Hm, I feel quite dissatisfied with my character. Will it be okay for me to restart from scratch? Or will it be too troublesome?
No trouble at all. Feel free to edit your characters, we have time.

Would it be too much for me to ask you guys to use Iwaku's character page to post your characters? This way I can use the link to add them to the "Reserved for Characters" like I did mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure! When I get home I'll do it. I don't feel like fooling with it on my phone. (:

Elizabeth

Here is Elizabeth. I'm about to start working on her brother's. They're an interesting family.

@Shinegizmo
I redid my character. I'm much more satisfied with her. If there is still inaccuracies then I shall fix them to the best of my abilities.

I will put her up in character page once she is accepted.

I redid my character. I'm much more satisfied with her. If there is still inaccuracies then I shall fix them to the best of my abilities.
I will put her up in character page once she is accepted.
Ok, she is accepted. I rather like Eleanor more. I like that you made her so independent, and can't wait to read how she will go about building her own fortune.

I added my other 3 main characters to the list but their bios are not finished yet. Since they are all linked, it has taken me longer than I anticipated in breaking down the details of their history.

WIP

Juliana Tindale, #750B2E
IUcl9opTEWE.jpg

Full Name: Juliana Beatrice Tindale
Social Status: Artisan
Title: Lady Juliana
Civil Status: Unmarried
Country of Origin: England
Family Members:
By Blood - Lionel Tindale (Father, 45), Claire Tindale (Mother, 33), Amelia Nevil (Eldest sister, 28), Mary Hartwell (Second eldest sister, 24), Elinor Rowley (Third eldest sister, 22), Isabella Tindale (Youngest sister, 16), Arthur Hartwell (Nephew, 4), Laura and Lydia Rowley (Nieces, 7)
By Marriage or Other Union - Gilbert Nevil (Brother in Law, 32), Bennett Hartwell (Brother in Law, 34), Tristan Rowley, (Brother in Law, 37), Morgan Tindale (Adopted brother, 20)
Home(s): Tindale Manor in London, about two acres away from London's Cemetery. Juliana lives there with her mother, father, adopted brother and younger sister.
Hartwell House in Gloucestershire. If her parents were to ever perish, (God forbid!), Juliana and her younger sister would go to live with their second eldest sister and her husband.
Personality:
She may be pretty, and have a talent for knowing all of the most popular dances, but Juliana is anything but pleasant. In front of people who she can't afford to insult, Juliana is the most kind and considerate girl you would ever meet. But when she's alone with other girls at her status or below or with men that she needn't impress, she's very crude and somewhat sadistic. She loves to tell people about the latest deceased and how they died--although the way she tells it isn't necessarily true. When people get scared and cower she laughs at them and goads them into losing their tempers or doing things they would never do, so as to appear 'daring'.
Since she was a child, Juliana has always picked on boys and drove them to the brink of crying. She liked to see them vulnerable and without the strong front that they usually put up.
Of course when she grew up, this effect that she had on men changed drastically. She was no longer a wicked child, but a cold and mysterious girl who only needs the love of a man to calm her. The boys that she bullied were no longer boys, and they were no longer affected by her scary stories and tricks.
Juliana resigned to her unfortunate fate, although she still picked on the other women around her, but less so. Upon meeting a new man, she'll often try to make him nervous just so she can get a feel for what kind of person he is.
On the subject of courtship, Juliana only cares about whether her husband will allow her to as she pleases and in return she'll grant him the same wish.

Background :
Past
Juliana was born as the fourth daughter of Lionel and Claire Tindale, in London, England. Due to their age, Juliana's sisters were already preparing to become proper ladies and so their time was always consumed by their lessons with their mother and various tutors. This left Juliana alone with her father, who at first wasn't too keen on being followed around by his youngest daughter, but he soon warmed up to this when he noticed that Juliana didn't squirm or scream when observing her father at work. Lionel Tindale knew that a proper lady should faint or at least run from the room, but the fact that Juliana didn't, made him proud and when she inquired about what he was doing, he indulged her. This went on for quite awhile, as when Juliana became of age to begin learning how to be a proper lady, her mother became pregnant with the youngest Tindale, Isabella. With the circumstances, Juliana's sisters should have taken on the task of teaching their younger sister the ways of the world, but they were too consumed in their own lives to bother. And so Juliana continued to be unofficially apprenticed by her father, who still didn't see a problem with a teenage girl being around dead bodies.

All of that changed however, when Morgan Cornelius broke into the cemetery and Tindale patriarch adopted him. All of a sudden, Juliana was now a hindrance to her father and whenever she asked the tiniest question, he would shout at her and order her back to the manor. Now that he had a son, Juliana was no longer his darling girl.

Juliana was consumed with resent and jealousy for Morgan and her father's new relationship, but she couldn't do anything about it even when she saw Morgan as he truly was. She tried many times to warn her father of the boy's vicious tendencies, but her father was blinded by the fact that he finally had a son.
Present
And so, Juliana turned her back on her father and resigned herself to her new life as a proper lady, however her extremely late teaching, and her warped personality due to her childhood, made her undesirable to most of the men that she met. So when her mother found out about Lionel sending Morgan to London to find a wife, she urged the man to have Juliana go as well.

Morgan Tindale, #A6D0ED
robert-sheehan-photo-14.jpg

Full Name: Morgan Lionel Tindale, formerly Morgan Finnegan
Social Status: Artisan
Title: Lord
Country of Origin: Ireland
Family Members:
By Blood - Cornelius Finnegan (Biological Father, 30), Brigid Clarke (Biological Mother, 28), Davey Finnegan (Half Brother, 17)
By Other Union - Lionel Tindale (Adoptive Father, 45), Claire Tindale (Adoptive Mother, 33), Amelia Nevil (Adoptive Eldest sister, 28), Mary Hartwell (Adoptive Second eldest sister, 24), Elinor Rowley (Adoptive Third eldest sister, 22), Juliana Tindale (Adoptive Younger sister, 19), Isabella Tindale (Adoptive Youngest sister, 16), Arthur Hartwell
Home(s): Tindale Manor in London, about two acres away from London's Cemetery. Morgan lives there with his mother, father, and younger sisters.
Personality:
Morgan is a prudish young man who thinks he's above everyone else, because of his experience as a poor orphan and now as a well off gentleman. He looks down on those who know only one type of life, and he often patronizes them for it. Of course this is how he acts when he isn't around his adoptive parents. When he's around them he's all smiles and pleasantries. He'll sweep you off your feet with a smile and a bit of poetry or a cheery little song.
But in reality, Morgan is cruel and unrelenting. He loves insulting and poking fun at women. As a child he often observed his adopted sisters, and once he found out their insecurities, he pointed them out and mocked them for days. He has no conscience and only apologizes when his adoptive father catches him and even then he doesn't mean it.
He only wants a wife, so he can make his adoptive father proud by continuing the family line. Aside from giving births to his sons, Morgan wouldn't have anything to do with his wife. If it was up to him he would keep her locked up in a tower and only take her out for special occasions.
Background :

Past
Morgan was born in a pleasure house in Dublin, Ireland. For awhile he was raised by his supposed mother, one of the more popular ladies, Brigid Clarke. However after he turned seven, the owner of the house believed him to be a hindrance and threatened to throw both him and Brigid out on the streets if she didn't get rid of him. Fearing for her only source of income, Brigid asked one of her favorite customers, Cornelius Finnegan to take care of the boy. She urged him to try and give the boy a good life, but Cornelius was an underhanded and twisted man and he raised Morgan to be the same.

Morgan spent his teen years pickpocketting unsuspecting people and robbing poorly guarded houses with his Cornelius, who when Morgan began to grown up, turned out to be his biological father. One night Cornelius left Morgan to travel to London, England for something he would not explain. He told the boy that he would be back in five days, but he ended up being gone for three weeks. Finally after the third week, Morgan traveled to London to look for his father. He found the man with a young boy who looked oddly like him. Morgan was enraged and filled with jealousy for he thought that Cornelius had abandoned him for another son. Morgan left the scene and ran blindly for about an hour before he stumbled upon a funeral. He noticed how the funeral goers were dressed quite nicely and the coffin was equally nice. A reckless idea popped into his mind and Morgan decided to go grave robbing that night. He would take all of the dead man's jewelry, sell it and then wave his new 'found' wealth in his father's face.

Morgan's mind was so filled with anger that he failed to think of the fact that the cemetry would have guards or a sexton. He was caught by the owner of the cemetry as soon as he snuck onto the property, but instead of turning him in, the owner, Lionel Tindale took a liking to the boy and brought him to his home. Lionel had no sons, and it seemed that he would never have any, so he decided to adopt Morgan under the condition that the boy would relinquish his criminal career, his surname and agree to inherit the family business after Lionel passed away.
Present
Morgan Cornelius, now Morgan Lionel Tindale, was now a sexton and doing a damn fine job. He was almost perfect in Lionel Tindale's eyes and the only thing that would make him completely perfect, was if he got married and produced a son. And so, Morgan traveled to London with his adoptive younger sister, Juliana in hope of finding spouses for both of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ex Machina
@Shinegizmo
I have to delete some of the history due to the 300 words limit. Just letting you know.

Reign+-+New+Mary+Cast+Promotional+Photo+.jpg

Full Name: Felicity Elenor Louis
Social Status: Aristocrat
Title: Lady Louis
Country of Origin: France
Family Members: Father; Henry Lancelot Louis (alive) Mother; Esme Geneva (Demnor) Louis (deceased) Eldest Sibling; Jacque Peter Louis (alive) Second Eldest Sibling; Adolph Lamar Louis (alive) Youngest Sibling; Charles Russell Louis (alive)
Home(s): (These are subject to change as I feel they may be a bit too modern for this era.)
Summer Home; Bordeaux
Louis Manor; Marseille
Louis Estate; Paris

Personality: Felicity Louis is a rather intriguing young lass. Her soothing voice and gentle eyes can sway anyone in her favor. She well known among other ladies in the French "Elite" as being a well round young lady who minds her manners and is always a delight to be around. Her presence is charming and to be around her is to be around one of God's own angels. The truth of the matter is, Felicity is a fiery and rebellious girl. She has an opinion on everything though she would never open her mouth to say it. She thinks she is much smarter then most other women in her class. She finds easy conversation with people of much higher intelligence and craves a much more "Adventurous" life style then that of a common house-wife. She dreams of a love straight out of a story book, with a kind loyal man to sweep her off her feet. Though she knows she is doomed to her role as a proper young lady in France, and even here in London, she never stops dreaming of a life worth so much more.
Background :

Henry Louis, Son of the very rich aristocrat Gerald Louis, a serving as Général d'armée or "Army General" in the French Army. After many successful conquers of land and defensive measures to protect French borders, these actions were noticed by the current french king. This gained him favor with King Louis XVI who was in rule of France at the time. (1781) The King appointed Gerald to the nobility of France known as Noblesse d'épée "Nobility of the Sword". Gerald was a close friend of King Louis XVI up until the French Revolution where Louis lost his head to the rebels. Gerald, to save his family, fortune, land, and title, quickly denounced the dead king and stayed out of the revolution, never taking a certain side and instead focusing on gaining from the expensive wars that raged across the country. His eldest son, Henry, was 21 at the time and was at the perfect age to take a wife and produce heirs of his own. It was arranged that he would wed another noble family's youngest daughter, Miss Esme Demnor. The Demnor family was a well known and rich family, being held as a family of "Noblesse d'extraction" which meant Nobility of Descent. Their family had nobles running back a four prior generations. Not only was the young lady rich and came from a family of seemingly perfect bloodlines, but she was also breath taxingly gorgeous. Which held young Henry's interest in her. They were married in June, 1795 just four years before the end of the revolution.

It was 3 months later that the couple announced that they would be expecting their first of many heirs to their new found nobility. 9 months later in June, 1796 their first born came into the world. A healthy and beaming baby boy whom they immediately named Jacque. Their new blessing was to be known as the first in a long line of perfect children. They lived in the family's manor in Marseille and raised their new baby into a healthy young lad. Their second son, Adolph, (after Esme's father) entered the world on a cold snowy day in December 1798. Now with two young sons, Henry's line of heirs was looking to shape together quite nicely. and it was to remain that way for a few months. A year later the revolution ended and Emperor Napoleon rose to power in France. Since Henry's father had gained their social status through military service it was expected that, to maintain his social status, Henry would serve the new Emperor. So he moved his family to Paris to be closer to his new work. It wasn't much work since he rose to the top of the ranks rather quickly and intend of king out to lead and fight among the dirty lower class men. Henry worked with other generals on battle plans and actions. Once the families class standings were secure the couple decided to have another little miracle. And thus Felicity was born in March 1799.

Early Years:
Felicity was born March 8th, 1799. She was often called the "daughter of the revelation" by her father's co-generals. It was said that when her father first hear he had a daughter he was disappointed and enraged at the thought of a useless female heir, but upon looking into the room where she lay in her mothers arms, he was in love with her. Felicity was raised in the city of love, none other then Paris of course! Her younger years were spent tormenting her brothers and being treated as her families very own princess. The little lady was taught to mind her manners from the very beginning of her life and picked up right away what her roles in society were. A brilliant young mind, Felicity begged her parents to keep her math tutor for her but alas at age 9 she no longer had a reason to learn mathematical equations. Even as a youngster Felicity was known to charm people. She was a hit in French courts and even Napoleon himself said that she was "La charmante fleur de la France" (The charming flower of France) Her smile warmed the hearts of royals that often visited her family and she quite enjoyed her younger years.

Unfortunately not all good things may last of course so in August, 1809 her brother, Charles, was born. The depressing news was, that although the baby had been born perfectly health, Esme was loosing too much blood and the women could not stop the bleeding. Henry and the children rushed to her side. Each getting a bit of fleeting time with their dying mother. Upon her death bed, Felicity's mother told Felicity that she must always look out for herself, to never stop dreaming, and to marry for love. She bestowed upon her, her family's crest, in the form of a silver locket that hung from a simple chain. Felicity has always cherished those few moment with her mother and will never forget the women that has always given her hope. Upon her mother's last wishes was that Charles, (Who was named after Esme's grandfather) was raised not by nannies but by Felicity herself. So, Felicity took on the role of Charles mother figure. Providing him with everything she could possibly thing of. This role only helped her credibility in the class rankings as a "suitable mother and a perfect young wife" for any French bachelor.

Current Years:
After the exile of Napoleon, Henry began gaining credibility with France's next "new found" ruler to be Louis XVIII. Henry made sure that the young man was released from exile the very same day that Napoleon was sent to Saint Helena. It was at this very same time that Felicity's eldest brother, Jacque and his wife Fawn gave birth to their first child, a darling daughter whom they name Esme after their mother. It was also around this very same time that Felicity's second eldest brother began engaged to a noble's daughter who was named Elizabeth, the family was from Scotland and had sent Elizabeth over to look for a husband among French nobility.

This sparked the idea that it was time for Felicity to find a suitable bachelor to settle down with. She was already 16 and her father wanted her married as soon as possible. So, he made arrangements for her to stay with close friends in London, England. In hopes that, Felicity's outrageous dreams of an "adventure' would be fulfilled and that she would also find a young man to court and later marry. Felicity wanted to protest the idea, as she didn't much like the thought of being away from France and her family for so long, but women must bite their tongues. So, she was tied into her corset, dressed, packed, and sent on the next ship out to London. In hopes to fulfill her father's wishes and uphold her families name in a new a foreign land.

ReignS2Trailerfront1.jpg

@Adira Character accepted. Please create the character page and provide the BB-code link so that I can add her to the reserved for characters roster.

@Everyone -- We have too many female characters so please introduce some male characters as well. Or spread the word and tell your friends we need male characters.

I have two more backgrounds to complete and as soon as I do I'll open the IC page. We will start with the first ball of the season hosted by the Dowager Duchess of St. Albans.

@Shinegizmo
Oooh! I have a male oc rattling in my mind! An adopted son of the family of my first character! :D *maniacal giggle*

Ok thank you! I'll see if I can spread the word and maybe create a male. I'll transfer her to a bbc code soon

[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]
cid:515F653B-220B-4257-ADC8-CA77BF1C8ED7@mobilenotes.apple.com
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Full Name:Florence Jane Ashford[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Social class: Servant[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Title:her Christian name[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Civil Status: unmarried[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Occupation:House parlour maid [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Country of origin: England[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Age:19[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Family Members:Mother:Violet Delilah Ashford (deceased) Father:Derrick Charles Ashford(Jailed) Brother:Charlie James Ashford (22 Alive and fighting for the King of England)Sister: Maisy Samantha Ashford (13 Alive and married off) Paisly Lucy Ashford (13 and Alive working in a textiles factory)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Home(s): [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Lives in the duke of St Albans home[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Personality: Florence is like her name a blossom ready to open, she has great potential and a smart mind but because of her past she has had no education and instead has focused on labour [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]So has only picked up skills from her father at a young age. Florence is kind and sweet to all aristocrats but this is all an act she hates the class system and everything it values and if she ever became less cautious she would speak her mind and let out her true opinion. Florence is a true romantic she follows her hearts desires and would never willingly marry for money or class.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]She is a hard worker never slacking off she rises before dawn and rests far after sunset she is one of the only maids left in the tumbling family and so forth is blamed if anything is amiss.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Where are you from and who is your family (parents, siblings, cousins)? Are you single, married, betrothed, or widowed? Why are you here in London -- are you looking for the love of your life, or at least the stability of a sensible marriage? Are you traveling and just passing through, or are you looking for a new place to settle down? Are you on a particular mission, or are you a wandering soul? Are you rich or poor, young or old, good or not-so-good? Your character's personality and traits are very important: Do you prefer happiness over duty? Do you deem status more important than kindness?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Background : [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Early years[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Florence was born to an ecstatic family on the Christmas of 1797 her family was poor and lived in the slums but happy because unlike aristocracy the poor married for love not wealth since their was none I their home. Her older brother was a bouncing toddler and her a naive child. Her parents loved having children and adored them trying to make them have the most fulfilled life they could have given the circumstances. But that doesn't mean they were soft her father made them work hard preparing them for the hard life that was to befall them they rose early and fell asleep late. Florence learnt many a skill while she played with the other girls in the village making their own knuckle bone and hopscotch games. On the eve of her seventh birthday two coppers arrested her father for allegedly stealing an apple but their have been speculations that it was a false arrest because their had been reports of his uncivil ways of teaching girls. Her mother soon became vulnerable and soon a new man entered their life a alcoholic man who forced himself into their family he hurt Florence and her mother regulary and Charlie had no power over this new man.Around ten months after they had met she gave birth to twin girls the man had raped Violet and was angry at her that she had fallen pregnant so the night after the birth he flew into a rage yelling about how he did everything and kept them all alive and he even threatened to rape Florence. Florence's older brother collected his siblings and fled the house when they later returned the man was in a rocking chair with a stolen swig of alcohol in his hand and their mother's limp body was in a shadowed corner and covered in glass from a smashed window. Charlie didn't let the others enter the house and made them turn away they lived on the streets for five days before it was decided that the baby twins and Florence would have to be taken to an orphanage Charlie and Florence walked to the local crowded orphanage and said their unceremonious goodbyes a single moonlit tear running down Florence's cheek.[/BCOLOR]

Orphanage Years
Florence was soon separated from Maisy and Paisley and taken to another orphanage which was more like an academy which taught girls the gruelling schedules of being an parlour maid they were maid to wake before dawn and to rest far after dusk. florence was a quite and obedient girl which quickly made her a favourite of the instructors and an enemy of most girls . A little bit after her twelveth birthday The dowager duchess of St.Albans sent a governess to pick the maids and as the instructors told the woman of Florence's good temperament she was quickly picked and shipped of with only a small satchel and her mothers hairpin.
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Teen years[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Florence soon began work in the household she immediately found a distaste for the dowager duchess because of her upturned nose and haughty attitude and didn't find much in the Bachelor duke. She was locked up inside working most of her time but enjoyed her weekly market shop and her errands outside the home. She soon began to find the ways of the bachelor disgusting and distasteful but also has begun to have to spend more time with him since staff are slowly slowly being fired . She has developed a passion for singing and creates love songs as she does her daily chores. Because of the decrease in money she also waits all the tables and does all jobs except Cook,Garden or drive since those jobs are unfit for her status. Florence has begun to feel attraction to the Duke but tells herself that she is just kidding herself.[/BCOLOR]

@Shinegizmo

Ill have her brother's up sometime soon. I'm out of town this weekend, so trying to reply and finish character's is a hassle.

@Sexybae Hi - we talked and I like the idea of your character, but your background needs a little work. I'm not trying to be mean and hurt your feelings, but English is my second language, and some of your sentences are difficult to comprehend. This role-play is Advance so grammar mistakes should be few. I got the impression that you rushed through what you wrote and I'm sure you can do better than that. I hope you don't mind, but can you please edit what you wrote?

@Duchess of Adraelith - Thanks for the heads up. If it helps, you can add their face claim, name, age first and then write the background like I've done.

@Princess of the Teacup - Sounds good to me. :)

Update: I'm no longer accepting female characters.

Stephen Melbourne 7th Earl of Huntington, grey

Full Name: Stephen N. (Neil) Melbourne
Title: My Lord, Your Lordship, or Lord London.
Civil Status: Widower
Country of Origin: England
Family Members: Father; Brighton Melbourne (Deceased), Mother; Isabella Melbourne (Deceased), Guardian; Leighton Reynolds (Alive)
Home(s): Melbourne Estate, in England Derby, Melbourne Manor, in Huntington Countryside, and a Summerhouse in Upstate England.
Personality: Blunt, romantic (secretly), intellectual, witty, and sarcastic.

Background
Early Years: The 6th Earl of Huntington, Brighton Melbourne was a man who had more money than he could put in the bank. Brighton Melbourne inherited the money from him father who was the owner of Melbourne Liquor. In this time and Era alcohol consumption was high and the man was making a sulfurous amount of money. However despite the surfeit amount of money he made he was still empty. The man filled his days with harlots and wine. He was a young Earl who loved no one. The young Earl then found himself infatuated with a Spanish beauty. Miss Castillo, a daughter of a Viscount and Countess. The two met on the streets of Derby where the man had his Estate. The two started off hating each other. Miss Castillo was Spaniard flower, however the flower had thorns. The woman was a harsh, cruel woman who detested the idea of marriage. Most women these days disliked the idea of an arranged marriage, which Brighton found idiotic. Each time they met they would bicker about marriage and money. Miss Castillo was a fiery jewel, whom Brighton fell madly in love. He loved the fire to her and the raw passion she had for being independent.

After three months of bickering Miss Castillo ran off on their wedding day. Brighton decided to go after her. He went on his black stallion and searched for the young woman. He searched everywhere nearby the Melbourne estate. An hour later he finds Miss Castillo nearby a pond crying in tears. He approaches her slowly speaking to her. In the end she didn't want to marry, she feared becoming a woman who only bore children and spoke ill about others. She didn't wish to become like her mother. Brighton came to a conclusion. He promised the woman he would show her things, wonderful things, things they'll show the positive side to marriage. Of course she was hesitant at first but she came around. They married.

In the year they were married he showed Miss Castillo literature, art, how-to cook, all these things that fed her curiosity. During the course of that year Miss Castillo bore a child. On June 4th, 1784 she bore a baby boy. Brighton named the child, Stephen. His father thanked the Lord that it was a boy. He wanted to show this boy how to take care of the liquor business. His father was quite eager for his child to grow up. As for Isabella, Mrs. Castillo, she wished for a little girl, whom she can pamper and care for, but she still loved her baby boy. The two raised Stephen in an intellectual household. Instead of a sweet song to make the child sleep they read literature books. Their child grew into an intelligent young boy.

At the age of seven Stephen had several tutors and one ex-colonel to help the young boy protect himself. He learned mathematics, literature, politics, roman history, the liquor business, etiquette, and how England business system worked. In the span of five years the boy was already number one in his class. People spoke very well about the boy.

Teen Years: In his teen years a tragedy has struck the Melbourne family. Stephen's mother and father died in a drastic carriage ride. The carriage was tilted over by the deranged horse. His father died to skull damage and his mother bled out. Only at the age of fifteen the boy was given all his fathers inheritance and company. His guardian was, Leighton Reynolds, 1st Earl of Oxford, his godfather. Leighton was an old man who spent his days making bird houses or household furniture made out of wood, which sold quite well but the man owned a fortune, he didn't need to work. During this time Stephen was taken to meetings and was to handle workers, and etc. It became stressful for the young man. For the time being he has allowed his Godfather to take control of Melbourne Liquor till he learned everything about the company.

His Godfather was quite familiar with how his father did things and the company ran smoothly. Stephen watched his Godfather and took notes. After three years, at the age of eighteen Stephen took over. At first he was confused but his Godfather showed him how to handle workers, pay, and etc. Melbourne liquor returned back to England's number one liquor.

Adulthood: Being a young bachelor his Godfather has brought him to parties to meet women. He was twenty-three at the time and was a kind gentleman, however his blunt personality did brought him slaps. Young women back then were quite delicate and fragile, take their feelings and hold it gently; what rubbish. Each day a women would complain about wanting to be equal and when they take the chance to be it, they become soft. Each soiree or party he would be given a woman to dance with. With his good looks but terrible personality his Godfather decided to let this be an arranged marriage. Of course, Stephen did not like the idea of being forced to marry a woman he's not familiar with. With one more chance his Godfather allowed the boy to find a woman himself in the next gathering.

The next social gathering a plentiful group of females were there all clumped up in groups being slowly diminished as a man would take one. It was hard to find one he would like due to the fact that most of these females were talking crude about another. While scanning the room he found one girl. This girl sat by herself in a table with a plate filled with small pastries. He found it a bit laughable, especially since this girl was a bit pudgy. Large chest, a round face, a wider body frame than most girls, and grey steel eyes that seems to stare off into space. He found this girl a bit interesting from the rest. Other woman were skinny and kept their appetite small but she was the complete opposite. When he approached her she was still eating. The two talked and talked. They spoke about family matters, their interests, their dislikes, everything. He found himself quite captivated by her open spirit, not closing herself up like most women. She seemed to be unaffected by most negative rumors about her. Her name was Catherine Wolfgang, daughter of Duke Wellington and Duchess Wellington. She was slightly younger than him by three years.

The two met once more in Catherine's country house in the country side of the upstate England. Stephen was with his Godfather where he and her parents met. He was quite impressive and put on his best behavior in front of her parents. Her parents and his Godfather spoke about their wedding day and children. Most of this worried Stephen and Catherine. At the end of the meeting Stephen was held behind by Catherine father. Her father spoke about how happy he was that his daughter found a husband, he constantly worried about his daughters figure and that no man could love such a large woman. Stephen smiled and brushed it off with a dismissing hand gesture.

Their wedding day was on May 12, 1808. It was a great day where everybody sang, danced, drank, ate, and smiled. Stephen and Catherine was a match that was never to be expected. His peers would speak of what a terrible mistake he made to marry such a woman. They began showing him pictures of their wife, thin beauties who depended on their corset to add some meat into their chests. HE only laughed and spoke great things about his wife. Catherine was a sweet girl who manages to welcome him with an abundant of food on the table. However when the time came Catherine was unable to bear a child. The two were unable to have children so they spoke about adoption.

One day they went to an orphanage to pick out a child. Due to Catherine's request, she wanted a young girl who was free spirited. Stephen didn't quite care about what the gender of his child was, he would do whatever Catherine wanted, she was his love after all. Of all the sweet pretty young girls Catherine picked out a little girl with ratty hair and one tooth missing. The girl made Stephen laugh and Catherine to coo. Before taking the child they were in need to sign papers and bring it the next day. On this great day a tragedy strikes. On a carriage ride the horse became deranged at the sight of a snake. The carriage tipped. Stephen ended up with a deep cut on his head that left scar. Catherine on the other hand crashed into the metal rims of the window causing a large crack in her skull damaging her brain. She died.

Current: After a six years Stephen immersed himself with work. He began to smoke and drink. He was a mess. His Godfather would always come and check up on the man making sure if he hasn't done anything stupid. He wished. His Godfather wanted him to get over the pain and get out and remarry. Every time someone spoke of remarrying Stephen would cause an outburst and would yell, throw things, which usually involved two people to hold him down. The man was a mess and his Godfather needed someone to heal the poor man's pain.

@Incandescent characters accepted. Please create a character page for them and provide me with a link so I can add them to the character roster. :)

I am rather interested. I have an idea, I'll let you know what I come up with. :3

Works in Progress

tumblr_mrrz7jYXni1r54822o4_250.gif

Full Name: Bellamy Lincoln Clayburn
Title: My Lord, Lord, Sir
Civil Status: Widower
Country of Origin: America
Family Members: King Charlemagne (Dead, believed to be a distant grandparent), John Rolfe (Dead, great-grandparent on mother's side), Pocahontas (Dead, great-grandparent), Father: Charles Bellamy Clayburn (Alive), Mother: Clarissa Constance Rolfe Clayburn (Alive), Sister: Elizabeth Camryn Clayburn (Alive), Brother: John Charles Clayburn (Alive), Brother: Francis Clarke Clayburn (Alive), Brother-in-Law: Elijah Douglass (Alive), Nephew: Bellamy Charlemagne Clayburn-Douglass (Alive), Uncle: Duke of Kent: Arthur Washington Clayburn (Alive)
Home(s): Clayburn Mansion in northern Virginia, summer home in Charleston, South Carolina, Clayburn Estate in England
Personality:
Background : (If you've answered the backstory line of questions it should be easy for you to write a good detailed background for your character. Please talk a little about your characters childhood, your parents and siblings, and of important events that shaped your character's personality and traits today.)

tumblr_n5fjw4Rl7Z1tx5vduo3_250.gif

Full Name: John Charles Clayburn
Civil Status: Bachelor
Family Members: King Charlemagne (Dead, believed to be a distant grandparent), John Rolfe (Dead, great-grandparent on mother's side), Pocahontas (Dead, great-grandparent), Father: Charles Bellamy Clayburn (Alive), Mother: Clarissa Constance Rolfe Clayburn (Alive), Sister: Elizabeth Camryn Clayburn (Alive), Brother: John Charles Clayburn (Alive), Brother: Francis Clarke Clayburn (Alive), Brother-in-Law: Elijah Douglass (Alive), Nephew: Bellamy Charlemagne Clayburn-Douglass (Alive), Uncle: Duke of Kent: Arthur Washington Clayburn (Alive)
Home(s): Clayburn Mansion in northern Virginia, summer home in Charleston, South Carolina, Clayburn Estate in England
Personality:
Background : (If you've answered the backstory line of questions it should be easy for you to write a good detailed background for your character. Please talk a little about your characters childhood, your parents and siblings, and of important events that shaped your character's personality and traits today.)

tumblr_inline_n5mj4z4pIw1qgrm3t.gif

Full Name: Francis Clarke Clayburn
Civil Status: Engaged
Personality:

I'll probably have them finished sometime tomorrow or Tuesday. (: So much biography to write. Gotta love the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.