This thread is now Irish

• Thread starter luvablelilmonster
  • Start date
Re: OH MY GAWD THAT PERVERTED LLAMA RAPED THAT CHILD'S CHEESE TAQUITO!

Oh my goodness, my poor thread has been turned Irish!! ._.

NOW, BLAST THIS MUSIC FOR THIS THREAD IS IRISH.

IRELAND MAY HAVE WON THE MATCH, BUT VIKTOR KRUM CAUGHT THE SNITCH. >:[

Krum_003.jpg

Aww yeah!

.....Tell me I did not hear someone tell me to make them a sandwich.

My Great Aunt Billy had her soul eaten by a ginger! It's true! He drug it out and poured Guiness over it and everything. Apparently the souls to be consumed by Irish have to be purified with Guiness beforehand.

I'm not streaking!

.....Tell me I did not hear someone tell me to make them a sandwich.

My Great Aunt Billy had her soul eaten by a ginger! It's true! He drug it out and poured Guiness over it and everything. Apparently the souls to be consumed by Irish have to be purified with Guiness beforehand.

I'm not streaking!

I did, little Ginger hater.

Like with many other stereotypes, there is some truth and there is some myth. Let us begin with the myth part. The notion that all or most or a majority, or even a sizable minority of people in Ireland north and south have red hair is a myth. Red hair is associated with the gene MC1R, a recessive gene and somewhat rare gene. It is estimated that only about 2% of the world's population have red hair and a somewhat higher number do not have red hair but carry the relevant gene and may therefore pass it on to their children. It is unusual but by no means rare for a husband and wife to have dark hair but being carriers of the gene to have a child with red hair.

So much about the myth part of the stereotype. But what about the truth part of Irish red hair? The truth part is that although the majority of Irish do not have red hair, nonetheless, the incidence of red hair in Ireland north and south is much higher than in other places. We noted above that taking the population of the world as a whole, about 2% have red hair. In the US the percentage is estimated at around 2% though some claim as high as 5% or even 6%. Europe seems to have the highest solid concentration with around 4%. Scandinavia is somewhat higher than the European average and the Mediterranean countries lower. However, the highest percentages are in Scotland and Ireland with percentages above the 10% mark. Some reports put Scotland slightly above Ireland and others put Ireland ahead. Behind these two ranks Wales and Cornwall.

It is obvious that the incidence of red hair in Ireland is 5 times higher in Ireland than in the US or the rest of the world, and 2.5 times in Ireland than in the overall Europe. The stereotype therefore, does have a ring of truth to it.

So my streaking is justified...?

*streaks*

*doesn't make a sandwich*

*Executes Viktor Krum for heresy*

.... WTF

*kicks Rory out of the Asylum*

Go post your... ugh.... facts somewhere else!