THIS THREAD CONTAINS TURKEYS WITH MACHINE GUNS!

C

CosmicWeinerDog

Original poster
Fun Thanksgiving Fact: Benjamin Franklin argued the national bird of the States should be the turkey, as it fed our forefathers upon arrival in America.

Before you say that's stupid, consider this: Ben was also the author of Poor Richard's Almanac. One year he listed the date a rival almanac author would die. When that day passed, the rival publicly mocked Ben's error.

Ben fired back by expressing shock and dismay over the fact some unscrupulous soul was posing as the late man, who OF COURSE had died because Poor Richard was known for its accuracy.

And then sales of the rival almanac tanked.

So here's to Ben Franklin, America's first troll.

The next time you see one of those obnoxiously patriotic images of soaring, screeching eagles, imagine turkeys in their place. Gobble gobble gobble.

images

Hrmmm.... Not bad, but it needs to be cooler. About 40% cooler...

images

Awwww yeah, that's more like it.

So whatchya think Iwaku? What kinda stuff do you think might be different if this was a thing? Does the thought change anything about you enjoying a delicious slice of turkey while remembering the holiday? Got a photo shopped image of a Turkey made national icon that you're especially proud of?

Lemme know. In the meanwhile you folks stay classy.

Oh.

And Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for each and every one of you weirdos. :P

I would comment on how clever this is, but unfortunately, I do not see the second image.

Hrmm... man that's weird, seems like the original image has been wiped from the internet.

BUT NO MATTER, SEEING AS HOW THANKSGIVING IS OVER AND SAID TURKEY IS COOKED, WE WILL BRING HIM BACK. MAKE HIM BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER THAN HE EVER WAS.

S'fixed.