This New World (Lakhrymosa and Hidden Lightning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The maid pursed her lips. "It is morning, my lady. You must wake up, there is much to do!" She went and opened the curtains, allowing sunlight to flood the room. Upon looking around, Riley could see another maid waiting by the door.
The one who had woken her up had scaly skin, while the woman waiting by the door had antlers.

Noticing the maid go over to the window, she covered her face with her arm in time as light flooded the room.
Her eyes slowly adjusted to the sudden light and she sat up, thinking that she would have to get new clothes soon since she only had what she was currently wearing.

Yes, that was on the agenda. While she was slowly waking up, the maid continued in a fast, yet friendly voice.
"You must be washed, dressed - oh, you'll need to be measured for clothes - yes, where was I... washed, dressed, and someone must do your hair, I assume..."
As she spoke, the antlered maid approached Riley shyly. "Come with me, miss," she said in a soft, friendly voice.

Riley watched as the one maid went about her stuff rather quickly but was being friendly. Sounded like she would have a busy morning
When the antlered woman approached and nodded and got out of bed. "Alright. Where are we going?" she asked, ready to follow her wherever she was taking her.

"The baths, Miss," the maid said in a small voice. Upon hearing this, the shorter woman turned around. "Yes, the baths! Come, before the water gets cold."
The maid grabbed Riley's wrist, leading her out of the bathroom hurriedly. The antlered maid looked a little dizzy from her partner's franticness.

Riley was definitely having quite the experience. She followed quickly after the woman who was dragging her along. This was all quite the experience and she wasn't sure what to make of it.
She wondered what the baths would be like. And would this maid hurry her through that as well? It seemed today wasn't going to be a day of rest, that was for sure. Apparently there was a lot to be done.

That was a possibility. However, it was more likely that this particular maid was simply a rushy old woman.
They reached a room filled with steam, the floors covered in a spectacular blue tile. In the center of the room was set a bathtub large enough to fit a party of ten and their pets.
Something was moving in the bath.

Riley glanced around the place as they entered the room with the bathtub. It was definitely nice and warm in here, that was fore sure.
When she glanced at the water, she noticed that something was moving around inside.
"What's in there?" she asked, her eyes watching the water, wondering what could possibly be in there.

"Charlotte and Maria," the busy maid said, retrieving two giant towels from a shelf.
As she spoke, a silvery tail flipped up out of the water. Across the tub, a girl turned to reveal that her eyes were completely white, and her stomach and breasts were covered in scales.
Mermaids. There were mermaids in the bathtub.

Riley was slightly surprised by what she saw. She'd never expected to see mermaids and in a bathtub no less.
However, she realized that if the woman wanted her to have bath in here, she wouldn't be alone. And that was a bit of an awkward thought for her.
But she wouldn't say anything since she didn't want to do something wrong and also just in case that wasn't what was going to happen.

Well they couldn't exactly climb out of the tub and walk away. However, the room was so filled with steam that it was near impossible to see. It seemed that communal bathing was just an accepted part of monster culture.
The smaller, antlered girl leaned in to speak quietly to Riley. "Just ignore them. They stay here to help the queen bathe. They'll leave you alone, I promise."
Until then, there had been no mention of a queen by Xam or Siva.

Riley glanced at the antlered woman when she spoke and nodded. Moving a bit farther away from the others so that the heavy steam would hide her better, she stripped and went into the tub.
It was slightly unnearving like this but there was no way she could get out of it. But the water was nice and warm which helped her to relax about it.
Though she was curious about the current queen since she hadn't heard anything about there even being a queen right now. But then, she'd only known Xam for about half a day.

True.
To the mermaids' credit, they left her alone the entirety of her bath. On the edge of the tub was a glass case filled with colorful soaps and perfumes in crystal bottles.

Riley was quite glad that the mermaids left her alone. She didn't feel like having them come over while she was washing up. Glancing over, she saw the case with all the soaps and perfumes. She was amazed at how many there and used one of the soaps to wash up. It took a little while to wash her hair, but that was nothing unusual since when down, it hung to her waist. Once she was done, she wondered where exactly a towel would be and moved to the edge of the tub to peer around.

(hey, just wondering if you've dropped this rp completely since I haven't heard back from you in forever. If you have, it's fine. I'd just like to know so I'm not waiting for a response anymore.)

There was a towel waiting for her on a bench, along with a robe made of black and red silk for her to wear until her clothes were ready.

Looking around more closely, she soon noticed the towel. Getting out, she made her way over to it and took it to start drying off. She noticed her clothes were gone and it their place was the silk robe. Fingering the fabric a little, she smiled a bit at the soft texture and put on the robe.

It was a few more moments before the antlered maid appeared. She had obviously wanted to allow Riley ample amount of time to cover up before approaching. She smiled shyly. "If you'll just follow me, we'll get you some clothes. Tilly is already preparing your outfit." Tilly must be the scaled maid.

Riley nodded at the maids words. "Alright," she replied, ready to follow her wherever it was that her clothes would be. She definitely would like to be dressed as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.