This isn't my world

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mister Akuma, I'm here!" A young sounding woman called out as she ran; slalom through the ill trees that littered her way. She bounded into a clearing, sprightly and swift, making her way over to a cliffs edge, where a demon had fallen. "I'm here, Mister Akuma, I-... Oh..."

1353960658792.jpg

She gave a curious glance or two at the unrecognizable demon that lay dead, or at least not very alive, upon the grizzled turf. It had been burned badly here and there and looked to have bled more than half of it's own blood onto the soil.
"Ah. Well. Ahem."
Damn, impressing demons is hard when they're able to kill anything that comes their way anyway. Well, I can just keep calling Akuma 'Mister Akuma' and hope for the best, I guess. It's not like he had any trouble with this guy...

Celerity, presumably a knight to the demon princes and so under no will of her own, re-sheathed her Scimitars upon her back hip at their respective sides. She was a bit lost for what to do now. She gave the corpse a light tap with her foot. The temptation to just give it a good boot off the cliff's edge for laughs stemmed from her years of unremarked and unrewarded service. She was going about two hundred years now- she had lost count, but it felt about that long since she had last seen her home of Midgard.

That reminded her:
She still hadn't found the demon that took her older brother away. Every so often, in brief lapses of cynical reminisce, she would regret her choice of jumping into that gateway after the demon to try and save her brother. She still cared, but the chances of finding her brother or the demon that stole him away, were slim.

Her gaze momentarily skyward in thought, Celerity looked back down at the demon, "Sucks to be you, man." and sprinted away towards the castle.

" Yeah he likes reading " he rubbed his nose, and turned around looking at her as he picked up on her trying whisper. " Human can do great things.....speaking of humans " he blew another whistle and a dire wolf lunged into the room growling and walking over to akuma " Balthazar were is Celerity? " the wolf spoke to him in forbidden language and he nodded as it took off through the door. " Mira....you underestimate the human power " he walked over to her almost looking down at her " You soon will meet someone who has honed there abilities and power " He smirked turning her around and walking her around the castle towards the back were the gardens and forest were.

Mira just let Akuma take her to the gardens. She did have things she wanted to say but they would be no use. Humans, she must be about to meet another who was like her. Put in this place and made to become a knight. Of course Mira would probably see this person as great but Mira knew no matter what the prince said she wouldn't be able to do all the things they want her too.

She looked around the garden, it was beautiful. It reminded her of the gardens back home she used to see through her window. Sometimes she was even taken down to the garden, taken. She made a slight sigh, those memories are the hard ones. Maybe it would have been better for Archibond to give her amnesia instead of claiming the clone had it. Then she would forget everything that she had went through when younger. She bent down a bit at the sight of one of the flowers. She plucked it and brought it up to her.

"After you show me this person, we should see how Archibond is doing." She said calmly, almost sad like as she held the flower.

Is it gone? Please say it's gone... Phew.
Celerity peered nervously through the trees and into the castle gardens. The hellhound had left.
I don't think it saw me...
She didn't hate Akuma's hounds and his hounds didn't try to eat her- at least not these particular ones, but it was how, even with her phantom like power to turn near invisible, the hellhounds could still smell her. It made her feel uneasy, and ironically, a little powerless. Then again, she couldn't turn fully invisible. Demons with senses slightly keener than the average human could spot her if they were looking carefully. She had honed her other power, her phantom speed, to a much greater degree, able to run as fast on the ground as most demons could fly, if not faster.

Her stomach rumbled.
Hungry...
She quickly sprung from the treeline and over into the castle's garden, where she stopped to make sure she had stepped over the imaginary safety zone line; the one she had subconsciously marked out for her own peace of mind. "Yeah." She pumped her arms as if lifting dumbbells, then walked to nearest castle entrance.

Vellious fretted, following after the human and demon prince. He's clearly worried and distraught about his master's injury - strange, because Archibond didn't seem the type to inspire lotalty at all. Moreso, he wondered of his lord's lineage. Archibond's mother had never been seen by any court member.

The questions took the little fae butler out of his daze, though. "Lady Celerity? I saw her running from the castle before you and Prince Archibond came back with Mira." He nods, almost falling over thanks to the deer antlers on his head. The clumsy fae overcompensates, falling backwards onto his tush instead. Slowly, he gets back up. He looks to the flower, ears flicking. "I've never seen that sort of flower before," the fae admits. "Must only grow here in the Lower Planes."

Mira looked at the Fae. "I was thinking of giving it to Archibond. I don't know if you do that here but back home if someone is injured or sick you usually give them flowers. Or a teddy bear but I'm pretty sure a demon prince wouldn't what a stuffed animal and I have no idea where you would even get a balloon and teddy bear around here." She said to him and gave him a small smile. She looked back at Akuma. "Celerity? Is that the human you want me to meet?" She then asked Akuma. Although it seemed more like a obvious answer, why else would he wonder were she is and mention all the facts about humans being stronger than they know.

"Hey!"
Celerity faded into full view, walking and waving at first, then light footedly running over to the three as if her legs had springs on them. She slowed back to a walk so she could look around at the castle.
"Mister Akuma. Mister Vellious. Miss Archibon- hey you look different!" She pulled her goggles over her eyes in a playful manner before putting them back up and offering a handshake to the new girl in Disney Town. "Nice to meet me, isn't it?" She boasted in jest, chuckling. She put her fist to her chest in self acclaim "Celerity."

Mira watched Celerity. "Nice? I haven't really meant you yet." Mira said a little jokingly. "I'm Mira, actually. You must be a human knight?" She looked over Celerity. Definitely more fit to be a knight than Mira would ever be. She looked strong and brave, nothing like Mira. Mira was fragile and weak. Mira would mess up in the most dire situations, nothing what this human seemed to be. It sort of made Mira loss a little hope. If this girl was here, probably trying to get home just as much as she was, what hope did Mira have. Celerity would surely have a better chance of impressing the demon brothers or whatever else that they could do to get out of that contract.

Akuma placed his palm on celerity's face and slowly began to tighten his grip " I know you know manners " he said letting go of her and crossing his arms a chuckling " i even put out a good word for you before you even met this girl...and you just come in here and slander your own name " he shakes his head and pouts his lips looking away " What a shame "

Mira watched Akuma, it seemed somewhat strange at some times but it must be due to the fact that he was a demon. He probably enjoyed freaking Mira out with the way he acted. "She's just proud, there's nothing wrong with that." She then said in Celerity's defense even though Mira didn't have much confidence herself. With that thought in mind she figured it would be better for her not to say anything else about it and turned away from the two to face Vellious. He didn't scare her as much as Akuma did. In fact she kind of thought Vellious was cute for being who he was. He was always so clumsy and tried his hardest to make everyone happy. "How do you think Archibond is doing? Can we go see him?" She then asked the fae, also hoping that it would distract the other two from 'pride'.

Though Akuma's hand only seized Celerity's face, she felt as though a huge hand had seized her whole body. It was only a squeeze to the face, but it scared the hell out of her.
"... Aha~a-haha..." Stiff as a board, she tried to play it cool. "Th-thank you M-Mister Akuma-ma. Ehehe-hehe. Such an honour." She was visibly shaking like a bee in a snowstorm.

Every so often she would let her manners slip, as is the toll of over one hundred years to a human's common sense, but in this case the sight of a new human face almost completely overwrote her courtesy protocol.
Celerity cleared her throat with a solid, wet, gulp and put her hand to her head in salute.

"I shouldn't joke around, I'm sorry."
JjjjjERK! Can't I have a little fun around here without getting my ass verbally kicked? Jeeez!
"Scouting report, Mister Akuma: Noob down. Excellent work Boss." She lowered her head briefly, then turned to Mira.
"A sound pleasure to meet you, Miss Mira. If you ever feel as though your sanity may be slipping, it probably is. In which case, consult Mister Vellious. He's an expert on emotion and moral support."

It was strange, actually. Mira didn't look a day past her teens and she was clearly new around here; fright still damp on her face, eyes wide, generally looking a bit lost. But even so, she had the guts to talk back to Akuma just then. She openly defended Celerity's boastful jest.
Celerity. A complete stranger to this young girl.
Celerity. Still spooked by Akuma's angry voice to this day.
And Mira. Just straight up talked back to the very same Akuma in a selfless act of... Just being a nice person. This Mira girl didn't look very strong, but she had more courage than Celerity would ever have, and Celerity had been fighting Demons for two hundred years.

Mister Archibond, Mister Akuma, you sure as hell have good eyes for potential. I just hope she can fulfil that potential herself or she's toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.