This isn't my world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mira didn't realize she was zoning out. "Huh? Well it's just seeing you pet Buemolf like that makes me miss my puppy back home." She admitted. "He normally follows me all over the house." She frowned, "But you are going to see me a lot like this at times, I am going to miss home you know. I don't know if demons get homesickness but humans sure do."

"Good afternoon, Beumolf." The demon prince offers a courteous nod of his head. "I assume you've kept the other Hounds in relative order?" All business, it seemed. Even as he smiled, humored, Archibond had an air of nobility and doctrine - quite unlike how many demons act. He seemed more like the Hellhound before them than his own brother, though it was likely just on account of personality.

He turned to look at Mira. "Yes, demons do in fact encounter a feeling like human 'homesickness'. It is a lot more selfish on our end, though. While humans seem to feel that because of a loss of security, demons tend to feel that way because they like being in a place that's under their control. I have a good idea that some humans actually feel that way, as well." He smirks again, stepping back towards the railing and looking out over the 'kingdom'. He sighs, dissatisfied. His wings recede into his back, leaving his horns there. He closes his eyes again, as he tended to do when he was plotting or contemplating tough choices.

"Then you will understand how I will feel most of the time." Mira said. She looked out of the kingdom and walked over towards him. The scenery was so different, so much different than earth. How was she going to get used to this? She had no one to turn too, these demon princes didn't quite understand her. She had no way of making sense of this world. So many things were to strange for her. How was she going to survive? She shook her head as she thought about it. All the worrying wasn't going to help her. She had to stay strong and figure out a way to impress these two. It was her best idea she could come up with, yet she still didn't know how it do that. What would impress demon princes?

"Do you ever get tired of being princes?" She then asked, trying to shake away her other thoughts, she had to get used to them at least. Maybe if she became more friendly with them, they would go easier on her. The thought about having to fight for them really didn't make Mira happy. If she befriended them, then they just might not have her fight anyone. "I feel like the life would get boring, whether you are a demon or not. I'm sure you can't do as much s you want."

" Get tired of being prince? hmm " he pondered the question before answering " Yup " a simple enough answer he put out there, He walked down the stairs again and walked outside were he made another loud whistle. three dire wolves rushed from the forest and came to halt right in front of him, he patted them on the head and spoke to them. kneeling down as if they were in a group huddle of some sort.

"What's he doing?" She asked Archibond. She lend herself on the railing and watched Akuma. The two brothers were quite interesting if Mira thought about it. Just as Archibond had said before, there were differences between the way her and them lived; they were demons and princes. Two things she never expected to meet, and definitely not two at the same time. "What are they talking about?"

"I have no idea," Archibond admitted. "I never actually got to learn the Hellhound language. They only really teach it to demons they respect, and my brother's skillset is something they approve of. My magic and trickery isn't really all that honorable."

He smiles: "As my brother said - yes. I find being nobility at all quite stifling. Having to attend those damned social meets with the other nobility, acting like them to impress them. It's a foul activity, politics. I would much prefer to improve on my magic, or freely move between the planes of existence - maybe even walk the Upper Planes without being accosted."

Almost on queue, the voice of the fae-butler Vellious could be heard: "Prince Archibond's specialty is transmutation!" The diminiative fox-creature walks out - he startles upon seeing the hellhounds and Akuma, giving them a bow. In his hands, he held a head-sized cookie. On it, the word 'Welcome'. The creature lifts it up to the human girl with a smile, his tail whipping behind him.

Archibond's eyebrow raises as he sees this. "Hrm. You must really have been distraught for Vellious to do this... Vellious, I'll assume that you finished making her a room before baking her a sweet?" The fae nods.

Mira shook her head. "You shouldn't have to do the things you don't want to." She said to him before Vellious made his appearance. As seeing the little demon she turned back around. She took the cookie from him. "Well, thank you. I believe this is the most hospitable thing since I have gotten here." She said to him but took a quick glance back at the demon prince. "Uh, but if it's not mean to ask, what it is made out of? I haven't asked if you guys eat the same things as me." She admitted.

Archibond chuckles, "You must have a different idea of 'princes'. There's a whole lot of responsibility involved. After all, one of us is expected to inherit the throne. The other is still supposed to be a part of the nobility. There's a whole lot to it that isn't properly seen by outside eyes. A prince must learn to govern, and to rule. These principles are tantamount to the kingdom's success or failure - and the loyalty of it's people." He nods, looking to Vellious.

Vellious, meanwhile, "Flour, water, sugar, shortening, chocolate, plus the icing... I'm used to serving humans, so this is the closest I've been to one in a few hundred years. The little fae twirls on his padded feet. "You actually remind me of someone I knew from my original home! See, the King was looking for a bride, and the Council forced me to summon - and, see, my specialty is illusion, I'm bad at summons!" He begins to wave his arms, quite animated, "So I cast the spell anyway! Then, poof! A human from your world appeared! Hijinks ensued, and there was magic... like, pow-pow!" He snaps his fingers, as little sparks appear. He seems quite excited to actually be speaking to someone.

Archibond begins to laugh at the fae's antics. Once more, an honest laugh - there's no mean spirit to it, despite the prince's darker aspects.

Mira makes a sigh of relief to what was in the cookie and began to eat it. "Humans are all different you know." She said nicely. "Sometimes we are similar but we each have our own personalities so I don't really get how i remind you of someone." She turned to hear Archibond's laugh. It seemed almost normal to her. She smiled a bit at the two as she finished eating the cookie. She leaned a little more on the railing, not realizing what she was doing. Suddenly the railing broke and she started to fall back into the air.

Archibond stands there for a moment, stunned to see the young woman fall. His response, however, was rather decent. He hops up onto the railing, before diving off. Behind him, Vellious shouts: "Prince Archibond!" It wasn't instantaneous: Mira was falling a good distance ahead of him - though the demon prince was streamlined, trying to fall faster to catch up with her. They fell a few floors of the castle, before he was able to reach his arm out to grab her. He yanks, possibly hurting her but getting her closer to his body. It is at this point that his wings unfurl. Unable to unfurl them in time, he instead glides to try and reduce the fall. Too close to the ground, however: he turns in mid-air, landing on his back and knocking the wind out of him. Mira lamnds atop him, though they skid across the ground, and it's possible Mira rolls a bit off him. The dirt they land in is hardly soft, but Archibond takes the brunt of it.

He groans as he lays there, eyes closed and trying to numb out the pain rather. "...Akuma... is far... more suitable... for such... an operation..."

Shocked from her sudden fall Mira was lost on what to do. All she could do was hope that someone would safe her. Fortunately Archibond did. She watched him while screaming out as he came falling towards her. His force when grabbing her was rough but it was better than falling into the ground. At that height Mira would most likely die. She felt the impact then slide off of him slightly as they scraped across the ground. Realizing how painful that must have been for him, she tried as hard as she could to crawl over to him.
Archibond." She yelled out as she crawled over to his side. "Please..please tell me you're okay." She said, seeing him lying there his eyes closed made her sad her eyes getting a bit watery. He injured himself just to save her, she should have been more careful. She touched his arm gently.

He flinches a bit at her touch. He opens his eyes, looking at her before looking away from her. Even on the ground, he attempted his rough demeanor again: "...The castle's... not quite... sturdy enough... to lean on... full force..." He pants out, wincing once more. "...Demons... are pretty... tough, after all." He's silent for a bit, unable or unwilling to move. "You're uninjured?" His crumpled wings lay under him, far worse for wear from the fall.

"Just a little bruised but more scared." She said to him softy. "I'm sorry. I...I didn't mean to get you hurt. Most people say I'm accident prone. I'm so sorry." He was more injured than he was letting on and it scared her. She felt so bad, it was all her fault. A tear fell down her cheek as she thought about it. She raised up her arm and wiped her face with her hand to wipe them away. "I'm so stupid, if I payed better attention you wouldn't be so badly hurt." She looked at him for a little longer than raised up her face yelling up to Vellious. "Vellious do you have any medical supplies?"

Last edited:
Akuma came over as soon as he realized it just happenee, he kneeled down beside his brother moving mira out of the way abit as the dire wolves walked up slowly behind them. " well i'll be damned you are just as tough as i am brother. " he slid his arms underneath his brother slowly " im sorry if this hurts " he slowly placed his brother on the back of the dire wolf nodding to him " azazeal will take you to your room, i will be there in a minute to help try and fix your injuries " the dire wolf walked slowly towards the castle. Akuma turned and looked at mira " what did you do? What happened, he could have died!"

Mira looked into Akuma's eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to. The railing broke on me." She turned away from him and watched as the wolf took Archibond away. "I didn't mean to get him hurt." She continued. The tears started to become more noticeable as they feel down her face. She tried to wipe them away bit more just keep coming. "I...I so sorry." She said as she turned back to Akuma. She knew all he would do was yell at her, it was her fault.

Vellious rushes out, having sprinted through the castle out to where they were. The little fae creature was covered in dust and shattered vases that he likely tripped over on the way. He frets over his prince for a bit.

Archibond looks at Vellious, "Hey, I'll survive. I didn't think fast enough to use my magic to fix her falling... Tch. Reckless of me." The wolf carried him away, and he tilts his head up toward his brother and Mira. "Akuma. Show her around the castle for a bit while I recover."

Mira wiped her tears away from her face. She crawled over to Vellious and started picking off the pieces of vase and dust on his body. "You're all dirty." She said through sniffer. Once she thought he looked better she turned back to Akuma. "I really didn't mean to get him hurt, I'm sorry." She had a frown, her eyes still watery. "But he'll be okay right, I'm mean your demons after all. I'm sure you are all way stronger than me, all human for that matter."

Vellious looks very grateful to get the vase bits off of him. He sniffles a bit, the clumsy creature looking over to Mira. "Prince Archibond is actually a bit more fragile than other demons. That's why he stays inside and sticks to magic. I... Have some suspicions why." He looks up to Akuma, bowing slightly. "...Prince Aluma? Is Archibond... Half-demon? He's... Clearly not half-human, but he can't be full demon. He tries to cover it with his attitude, but from the times we've been alone, he's very different." The fae butler's ears droop a bit. "...Only asking because I care, of course."

When the question was asked by Vellious he peers at him, his glare seeming to cut through him like a dagger. Akuma stood speechless for a minute before saying " Why would you think that? just because he lacks superior strength does not mean he is not a full demon. " Akuma took Mira by the arm, not roughly but to bring her along with him. " He will be fine, now stop your sobbing it wont do anything to heal him " He walked on moving her in front of him as they walked towards the castle, he looked back at vellious " go and help archibond you know he needs it " he walked into the castle and headed right for the library, once inside the library he opened his arms wide and said " Welcome to archibonds home " he chuckled before walking over to one of the many bookshelves.

Mira was pulled by Akuma before she could even say anything. She wiped away the tears with her wrist and waited for him to stop pulling her around. The library was very big to Mira but of course she had to realize that she was in a castle. Castles usually had large libraries where almost every book was. "He must really like reading." She commented to Akuma's words. She gazed around at each shelf. "There are a lot of books. Are they all from this world or are they some from mine too?" She asked him curious to know the answer. Maybe if there was she could read them to feel more like home or use them to get the two princes to understand her better. Obviously Akuma didn't, after all the only thing he did was yell at her. He could have helped her feel better about what happened instead. For some reason she made a faint smile of the thought of him not yelling at her. "Like that would ever happen." She whispered but she was sure he could probably hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.