This isn't my world

Status
Not open for further replies.
" That wasn't mean to be funny " his face becoming serious before he turned around and walked forward next to his brother " You will learn your place here quick, and you might also learn that everyone here is probably out to kill you no matter how nice they seem " he spat on the ground and tightened his fist.

"Of course. My brother and I were born of different mothers." It was very clear that was true, by personality and appearance. Skill sets were different as well, it seems. "While my brother is more interested in... Physical pursuits." His nose scrunched up slightly. "I am more interested in scholarly pursuits. The literature of countless worlds are open within my libraries, and all the magic that comes with it. You humans do say 'Knowledge is Power', do you not?"

"I believe in that entirely. It is my dream to use my magic to create a better life for myself and my family, hidden from the frivolous politics of this world."

He looks at the katana, smirking. "I'm sure you could find a lot to practice with. As one of our knights, you will be called upon to fight as proxy in our stead. As I mentioned, it is in our best interests that you win." He closes his eyes as he walks - a demonic raven caws in the silence that follows. "I, for one, intend to cheat when that happens."

Mira shook her head at them. "You are so mean." she blurted out, her face getting red from anger. "Stop talking to me like that, you think you're so much better than me. Who cares if your some demon princes." She commented. "You might be amazing in everyone else's eyes here but your not in mine. I'd take being back in my world having to deal with the men there than you." She made a pout.

"Amazing? Being princes means everyone hates us. We only really have family. Demons do not adore those higher than them, they seek every opportunity to destroy us and all we are associated with."

He turns, looking at her with half-lidded eyes. "If that sounds cruel, it's because it is. Like it or not, in signing that contact, we are now allied. Which means I have decided to offer you some respect, offering to answer your questions. I have indeed answered them. Again, if it seemed cruel... That's because it is. My advice is to be wary, and stay close. Fighting against us does not help you get home any faster."

"If you don't want me fighting with you then you should treat me better. You obviously don't know how to take care of a human woman." She said to the some what nicer brother of the two. At least he didn't like to joke around, scaring her. She made another sigh. "But I suppose I could try and be more calm right now. It doesn't seem like you guys understand very well of what you should do when a girl is angry."

"Yet I definitely don't feel any respect from you and especially not your brother." She pointed to him. as they walked on. She was getting tired at that point. She started to think of her nice warm bed at home.

"That's true. That's really just not the way he is. He barely respects me. He is my elder brother, after all. He's won three hundred and three spars that we've had against each other. I have won two hundred and ninety-nine. By trickery, I might add." He smiles, clearly quite pleased with this. He nods, "I do not know how to 'take care' of a human woman, save for the vernacular term - slaying one. I have no intention of doing that... though you should know: I speak plainly, and to the point with you and my brother. I do not hide behind lies and flowery words. I do not need to. It is a relief to get away from such politicking. If I might suggest: stop thinking of yourself as our guest. While we are your hosts, you are a visitor from another world. An 'invader', if you will, even if you were taken against your will. For that, you have some trials ahead of you."

"However, if you wish to survive them, you're going to need help. That's us." He glances at her, forehead furrowing. "You are looking fatigued. We are still a few miles from home." He stops, turning around. His wings unfold again: "It'll be faster if we were flying. As a minor respect, I will offer you a choice: shall my brother or I fly you there?" He smirks - almost playfully. "Or I could call one of my pact-bound to get us there, if you're not the type to get queasy."

She looked at each of the brothers, back and forth. "I think I'd prefer you taking me there." She then said after having thinking about it for a few moments. There was so much more she wanted to say about his comments but what good would that be. She for sure didn't consider herself an invader, if they left her alone she would be back at home, in her own room, under her covers resting. "Well if we are going to have to get along, you and your brother are going to have to learn to treat me nicer. If you do that I will not yell at you and will cooperate. How does that sound? Or would to be too hard for you two to handle."

He remained silent as his brother went on with his intelligence and how i was picked as the brute, but when the mention of flying her came up he looked back and smirked when she chose his brother " good " He said as he rushed forward bounding upwards into the air. Once again a burst of fire emerged as his wings rushed from his inflamed back and he began flapping them creating a gust of wind, which sent him soaring into the sky. Looking down once more before he took of in a quick blaze towards the castle.

Archibond smirks in a darker way. "I will be nicer to you when you've earned it, by impressing me - or offering kindness to me. I will not, under any circumstances, kneel before receiving something in return." He reaches forward, placing a gentle finger on her forehead. "I am, after all, much stronger than you. You are not in control, here. You will never be. But you can have some control, should you impress me." He chuckles, "Besides - as I go, I have been quite nice to you. I haven't killed you, I have answered your questions truthfully, I have set you up with a way to get home, and I've even made it to the predators of this realm will leave you alone. If you'd stop to think past what lies beyond your nose, you'd know that."

"Now," he takes her hand and spins her - as if in a dance. He tilts her, lifting her up into his arms and spreading his wings. "You'll want to hold on. I've got a good grip, but I'm afraid I don't catch falling objects very well. It'd be up to my brother to catch you and carry you the rest of the way, should you make me lose my grip."

She was in shock as he grabbed her. Hearing his words she suddenly wrapped her arms around her neck. "I don't want that maniac being what I have to rely on. He'd probably let me fall." She said to Archibond. It seemed she was going to have to do something to get them to stop thinking so low of her but what could a human possibly do to impress a demon. She was going to need some times to think about it but she was sure she would come up with something. They were really underestimating her. She'd teach those demon boys what she was made up. She wasn't going to let them just push her around like this. She wouldn't let anyone back home do it, it shouldn't be any different here.

As he was flying forward he spotted something out the corner of his eye which came at him like a bullet, but much bigger. His brother was definitely right with the fact that people wanted to kill them, and the fact was proven now when a random demon had flown right at him and rammed into him trying to knock him down out of the sky but was thrown off of him by a quick spin and push. The demon got balance and looked right at him speaking to the prince " AKUMA! FIGHT ME! I SHALL KILL YOU! " the random demon soaring at akuma and akuma looked to his brother speaking " Take her back to safety " he managed to get out before he was tackled below the tree line.

"Teach it a lesson, Akuma!"

Archibond waits a few moments for her to get her grip - mumbling a spell in the meantime. It seems to increase his strength a bit, and he effortlessly launches himself into the air. With Mira in his arms, he flies feet-down. Uncomfortable for him, but he has the strength to do so now. The infernal landscape is easy to see, hot air from the red sun cooling considerably at the speed in which they fly. Close to the castle, the dead trees give way to a gray-leaved orchard, with a clear lake nearby. The castle itself looked just a touch out-of-place: like a long-abandoned Disney castle. Broken windows and ivy could be seen on the outside. The whole way, Archibond spoke: "The orchard there grows fruit. Father had them imported from the human world, but they don't do well on desecrated soil. The lake is clear, but has a slight banshee problem. The castle itself was stolen from another world, brought here by magic. Like you were, actually."

The demon makes his way there, landing on a precipice. He puts her down - as a crash could be heard in the nearby hallway. A small creature - about up to Mira's hip - stumbled out of the hallway. It's lower body seemed foxlike, but it stood on it's hind legs. It's tail appeared to be that of a scorpion - and the poor thing's head seemed to be stuck in the helmet of a suit of armor, struggling to get it off. An echoing voice could be heard inside: "Prince Archibond!"

The demon in question gave an honest smile, his eyes showing actual mirth. He walked over to the creature, pulling the helmet off with a 'PLUNK'. The creature stumbled back - it's face and arms were fox-like as well. Covered in white fur with black, blue, and purple markings. A set of deer's antlers grew out the top of it's head. The little creature seemed on the brink of tears. "Young master, I looked everywhere for you! Where were you?"

Archibond chuckled, "The human world, with my brother." The little creature got to it's feet, "That's dangero-Oh!" It just managed to see Mira. "...Young master has a guest?" The demon prince shook his head, "A knight, actually. This is Mira, of the human world. Mira, this is Vellious, my favored servant." The little creature bowed, "Vellious is not a demon. He is fae - he once served as the court magician of a human kingdom which was lost to time. During it's downfall, he signed himself off so that the people he cared about would be safe. So he's served me ever since - Vellious, Mira will need a room." The fae creature nods, turning to run down the hall. The awkward creature trips, falling on it's face. Archibond does his best to hide a laugh, grabbing the creature by the horns and pulling it to it's feet, before it's speeding on it's way again.

Mira clung onto him when Akuma was attacked. Once down on the ground she felt safer, well sort of; as safe as she could feel being in some unknown place were anyone or thing she should say could just attack you out of no where. She saw the fae, at least that one didn't look all too dangerous. When it fell over Mira made a gasp. She ran over to the two. "Are yo alright." She said as she watched Archibond pick him up. "Don't pick him up like that." She said as he ran away. "You could have been better to him. He might be your servant but you should have helped him up in a different way."

"He's very short," Archibond protests. He crosses his arms, "As for Vellious - it's hard to find a servant one can trust. He is my favorite - fae wear their emotions and feelings on their sleeve. If he was displeased with his treatment, it would show. That's one of the reasons I like him." He pauses, "...That, and he makes me laugh. I'm not sure he does that on purpose, but he's as bumbling as he is clever... and he's quite clever. Akuma has servants as well - far more than I could ever dream of having. I tend to attract very few."

The demon walks back over to the railing, watching the forest where his brother had gone down. "Vellious' specialty is actually illusion magic, which is why I have him tidying rooms. He makes things... pleasant, even if they would not normally be." He leans on the railing, breathing in the hot air. "I do request that you do not scold me in front of those higher-ranking than I. I do not care if you protest around my brother or Vellious, but if you do so around others, and they start to act the same way... well, I'd have to kill them. You don't want that, I'd imagine."

Fighting the demon was no problem yet he put up a good fight, Akuma returned the castle not three minutes after the two. His clothes torn and his skinny yet muscular body cut and bleeding. He made his was into the castle grunting and holding himself up as he made it into the same hallway as the two. " what a fight " he said falling down onto the cold floor breathing heavy. He pushes some hair out of his face and speaks again " can't believe a demon was that close to the castle..he must have been waiting for me since we left....terrible " trying to sit up but he cannot force himself to, he continues to lie there.

Archibond looked down at his wounded brother. A look in the demon's eyes - a spark of flame. It would be so easy to remove his brother from the line for the throne... instead, however, the demon-mage sighed. He knelt before his brother, dark energy forming around his hands. He touched Akuma's shoulder, mending the other demon's wounds with chaotic energies. "You always find a way to lose your shirt, don't you?" His tone was humored, even if his face was not. A minor form of teasing from the younger brother.

Mira turns to face Akuma who had just come back. Covered in bruises she made a gasp, watching him fall to the ground. She ran over to him and bent down to him. "Are you alright." She said to him, Archibond was right. She didn't want anyone getting killed or hurt. Even if she didn't like him, she didn't want to see Akuma hurt.

" I'm alright " he said slowly standing up " thank you again brother " putting two fingers in his mouth he made a high pitched whistle and let his hands settle down to his side. The sound of thumping and thudding and then a Loud roar echoed down the hall as what looked like a wolf came through the hall and slid under akumas hand rubbing against His leg, it was a large wolf with a scorpion tail. Yes this was one of his many pets but this one was...very...interesting " Buemolf this is our human knight say hello " the creature stood up on its four and puffed its chefs speaking in a booming voice " I am Buemolf, one of akumas so called hounds " the creature Bows it's head an sits looking at archibond " good afternoon sir archibond "

"You have strange ideas for pets." She said, thinking about her puppy back home. She was starting to miss him now as she watched the wolf like demon. "And I still don't feel like a knight." She then whispered under her breath. She was glad he was okay though.

" you don't feel like a knight because you feel trapped " he said rubbing Buemolf head and whispering in his ear. The creature bounded out of the room as alums walked right up to Mira " you look worried why? "

Status
Not open for further replies.