This is Our Nightmare

Yeah, I haven't posted my character yet haha. I've started her but she's at a super basic level rn.

I'll join the discord once I'm done my charrie and she's been approved haha.

@Huntress -- looks good!! I highly recommend you join our discord server for OOC, Q & A, relationship (romantic and platonic) plotting, etc.!

Okay! Now that we have enough to get started, I'll get the roleplay up sometime by this weekend!!
I'm pretty sure the first half of this was directed at @QuakeUPSB, but both should join the discord. :p
... you are 100% correct. That’s what I get for being online so late at night, oops ^^”

Name: Silvia Kavanaugh
Race / Species: Werewolf
Sexuality: Lesbian
Allegiance: Kristian’s Group - Able Body - Enforcer / Tracker / Brawler
Appearance:
  • Height: 5’ 11”
  • Weight: 178 lbs
  • Eyes: Amber
Personality:
  • Strengths:
    • Determined: When given a task Silvia will complete it to perfection. When helping others, her determination makes her do whatever she needs to do to help or solve the problem, there is no giving up.

• Loyal: A trait that was existent even before becoming partially canine. ‘Loyal like a dog’ was something she heard often and something Silvia would often say to others about herself. Her loyalty isn’t as devout to everyone, it needs to be gained.

• Double Edged Traits
    • Brazen: Bold and without much shame in her actions, this trait tends to flip both ways for Silvia. It makes her feel confident in herself and what she does or chooses to do and where her morals stand on the scale of ‘good’ and ‘bad’. It also simultaneously, more often than not, garners negative attention from others or so it seems. Silvia can come off as ‘cocky’, ‘twisted’, ‘dark’ and ‘egotistical’, while also being ‘reckless’ and ‘stupid’.

• Caring: Gaining Silvia’s trust isn’t an easy feat. Her past has made it difficult for her to let people in; if someone happens to be let in they can be reassured that Silvia will care for them with every fiber of her being. This trait tends to become overbearing at times, hence its placement within ‘double edged traits’.

• Protective: Just like she can deeply and overly care for someone, Silvia is also extremely protective of ‘her own’. Another trait that could potentially be excessive. If she has let you in she will fight to keep you safe with every piece of her existence.

• Weaknesses:
    • Untrusting: Her past has forced her to be extremely selective and analytical of those she trusts. Silvia has been burned one too many times in her life.

• Short-Fused: For most of her life Silvia has been easy to offend, anger and irritate. This ‘short-fuse’ only grew shorter after her change as anger seemed to become something that fueled her.

• Boastful: To most, her past achievements may not have been on the right side of people’s moral code, but Silvia is proud of what she has done. In her eyes, her actions were a service to the world. Now that she has gained new abilities and physical strengths, she doesn’t shy from showcasing what she can do if she needs to.

• Vengeful: If one is to hurt Silvia, or someone she’s close to she will make it her goal to make that person feel the same pain, if not something worse. She will not rest until she sees to it that her form of ‘justice’ is served.
    • Showing off
    • Hunting and Tracking
    • A Good Steak
    • Running
    • Training
    • Pushing her body to its limits
    • Becoming stronger / better

• Dislikes:
    • Losing
    • Betrayal
    • Failure
    • Dog puns directed at her
    • Sore losers (even though she is one, hypocrite)
    • Being mocked

• Fears:
    • The ones close to her being afraid of her
    • Hurting those close to her
    • Rejection by those close to her
    • Being alone (again)
Powers:
SUPERNATURAL STRENGTH
  • Silvia has physical strength that reaches beyond what is considered humanly possible. A physical strength that is evident in both of her forms but is much greater in her larger, more monstrous counterpart.
SUPERNATURAL SENSES
  • Being partially canine gives Silvia extremely heightened senses of hearing, scent and also sharper vision with a better sense of sight at night and in the dark.
SUPERNATURAL REGENERATION
  • Silvia is able to regenerate at an above average rate. From simple scratches and broken bones to deep, life threatening wounds. The severity of the injury does determine how long it takes for her to heal. She cannot regrow limbs.
SUPERNATURAL DURABILITY
  • Silvia‘s Bones, muscle and tissue is much more durable than those of a human. This does not make her invulnerable it just means that more force is required to do damage. Thus making her pain threshold much higher than that of a human.
SUPERNATURAL ENDURANCE / STAMINA
  • Silvia doesn’t tire easily. She is capable of walking, running and fighting for longer than humanly possible amounts of time. Although sleep is important, Silvia is capable of going for a decent amount of time without proper rest.
SUPERNATURAL AGILITY / SPEED
  • More agile than a trained human at a base level, with Silvia’s experience in her former field of work she is even more inhumanely agile and fast while in her human form. Still agile when in the form of her bestial counterpart, Silvia is still fairly quick but the change in size and mass visibly affects her agility but the larger output of strength this body gives her, allows Silvia to move at much faster running speeds.
Weaknesses:
EMOTIONAL TRIGGERS
  • Although in control of herself, when Silvia is put under situations where emotions get passed a certain threshold they can easily trigger a shift. Typically under severe fear and anger she could most likely trigger a change.
BLOODRAGE
  • The scent of fresh blood is extremely appealing to Silvia's sensitive nose. If enough of it is consumed she can enter a state of pure primal destruction and hunger. Not stopping until she is satiated or knocked out.
SILVER
  • One of the ways to weaken a werewolf. It burns upon contact with Silvia‘s skin, prolonged exposure can severely weaken her. This element also can practically eliminate any enhanced abilities she may have if exposed long enough, even bringing Silvia below what an average human is capable of.
WOLFSBANE
  • The second weakness that is rather particular to Silvia‘s specific race, a plant that is capable of even killing her. Wolfsbane has a putrid smell which blocks Silvia‘s sensitive nose. If ingested it can cause severe illness. Also if the sum is large enough, it could poison and kill a werewolf.
FULL MOON
  • Although the urge to change under this lunar phenomenon can be suppressed, it is a difficult feat to achieve. More often than not Silvia allows herself to succumb to the transformation as it less painful to give in than fight.
  • The three days of the full moon severely affect Silvia‘s emotions. She is extremely easy to irritate during this time, her anger capable of exploding from the smallest, stupidest thing.
History: WIP

I plan on getting something up asapppppp and I’ll pop onto the discord

I want to join, but I don't have discord.

I want to join, but I don't have discord.
You technically can join without joining the discord, but you'd miss out on ooc chatter and such. I highly recommend getting a discord account, as lot's of roleplays utilize it, you don't even need to download anything, as they have a browser version, though the app is superior, and much more beneficial. ^.^

Reactions: colorprincess
Another character because A) I've wanted to bring her into an RP for a while (despite still needing her history filled out lmao) and B) I wanted an excuse to show off my basic knowledge of coding that I literally just learned in the past few days

Bianca Lyraena

-----------------

-----------------

Siren

-----------------

Able Body

sexuality:
pansexual

appearance:
Long, dark brown hair cascades from her head in gentle waves, often adorned with a braid that she tends to keep tucked behind her right ear and bangs that occasionally threaten to get in her eyes if she's not careful. Bianca's eyes are a vibrant shade of violet, often staring intently into the distance or not-so-discreetly studying another person. In fact, her default expression is one that's lost in thought.

She is relatively average height for a human female, standing at about 5'6", and her body type is best described as slim and delicate. Her hands are small and dainty looking, and her collarbone is fairly prominent.

personality:
- strengths
Observation
Bianca spends a lot of her time taking in what's around her and appreciating the little things. She's quick to notice changes in her surroundings, such as sudden emotional tension or the sudden presence of someone (or something). Sometimes, it looks like she's completely airheaded with the way she keeps looking all around as often as she does.

Nimble
Though she is not the type to rush and hurry without a good reason to, Bianca is surprisingly more agile than she looks. Being quick on her feet has saved her more times than she can count, so it's not something she takes for granted... but if she can avoid moving faster than a leisurely stroll, then she absolutely will.

Soft-spoken
She's rather choosy with her words, preferring to remain quiet most of the time and just watch from the sidelines until she feels a need to involve herself or walk away due to boredom. Once she does find the words, Bianca has a knack for talking people down from aggression and low mood swings. This is incredibly handy when it comes to Kristian.

- weaknesses
Daydreamer
Despite Bianca's observation skills, she does have a bad habit of wondering off into the thoughts into her head. If left to her own devices, there's no way of knowing when she'll return to reality since she's very comfortable being in her own head... perhaps a little too comfortable for her own good.

Non-Confrontational
If you've hurt Bianca's feelings, you would likely not know it until much later, either when you've asked her if something is wrong or if hell freezes over and she actually tells you about it once it's almost too late to bring it up again. She has a lot of trouble processing her thoughts into words, especially when it comes to difficult topics like hurt feelings. So, she just avoids uncomfortable emotional situations whenever she can.

Singing, star/cloudgazing, flowing water (like rivers), when the group isn't constantly on the move, insects

- dislikes
Hot days, emotional confrontation, loud personalities

- fears
Never being understood by those around her, that she may never get back to her homeworld,

powers?:
Perish Song

Given that Bianca is a siren, it's no surprise that she has an irresistible singing voice. That said, she's about to control her ability so that she doesn't attract anybody that she doesn't want to "fall under her spell," so to speak. For example: she doesn't activate her powers when she sings recreationally (which is almost 24/7, mostly to herself quietly or humming), but should she need to lure somebody out of hiding, she brings forth the siren in her, singing with the intent to attract beings to her, rendering them defenselessly allured by her songs so that she can attack.

history:
WIP

• Sweet
Reactions: Crow and Teiso
I know my charrie's history isn't filled out but is there a verdict on her, or not yet @colorprincess? Just curious really. I hope to get her history finished today once I'm home from work.

I know my charrie's history isn't filled out but is there a verdict on her, or not yet @colorprincess? Just curious really. I hope to get her history finished today once I'm home from work.
Oh, she looks great!! I wasn't sure if you wanted feedback on her now or after she was completely done. I like what you've got!!

Reactions: Huntress
Hey y'all, gonna try to get that history done soon. I've got a busy set of days coming up but I'll squeeze 'er in somewhere.

Reactions: colorprincess
I change shapes just to hide in this place
Basics
STATISTICS:
Strength: 6
[] [] [] [] [] [] [▪] [▪] [▪] [▪]
Dexterity: 6
[] [] [] [] [] [] [▪] [▪] [▪] [▪]
Endurance: 7
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] [▪] [▪] [▪]
Intelligence: 8
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [▪] [▪]
Luck: 4
[] [] [] [] [▪] [▪] [▪] [▪] [▪] [▪]
NAME:
Oberon Atlee

RACE:
Near-human Cyborg, Psion

SEXUALITY:
Bisexual

ALLEGIANCE:
Kristian's group - Able Body

But I'm still, I'm still an animal
Appearance
UNIQUE BELONGINGS:
9mm pistol + ammo
One battery-powered shock blade, brought from "home"
Small toolkit, mostly for personal use
Several books, typically technical manuals or fantasy novels
Various cybernetic augmentations (see Powers)
On initial inspection, especially in a well lit location, Obi looks entirely human. He stands at an average 5'10, with a build that leans toward the stocky and the muscular. His hair is a perfectly natural dark brown, a soft mop of thin strands with just enough of a wavy texture that he keeps it trimmed short to prevent it from being a pain. His eyes are a much lighter brown, pretty and warm and almost gold in color, though they are perhaps too uniform in their shade. His face is generally handsome, oblong in structure, and he typically sports a short beard that matches up well with his hair in terms of color. There aren't many easily visible scars on his body, though it's difficult to miss the artful ink that covers both of his arms. It takes darkness, or a keen eye, for others to notice the bits of blue. The softly glowing port behind his right ear, the pale lights that can be seen as he moves the joints of his right elbow and wrist, the faint blue glow that appears in the fingertips of his left hand when he drums them on surfaces. These lights mark him as something not entirely human, as something less natural, as a cyborg. There are no outward traces of the other label one could apply to him, unless one counts the telekinetic tricks he sometimes does when he's nervous.

In regards to clothing, Obi has a definite preference for button up shirts and softer fabrics, with his favorite color being blue and his favorite pattern being stripes. He tends to wear cargo pants and/or carry a jacket, both for the sake of pocket space, and he'll hardly go anywhere without a sturdy set of steel-toed boots. That said - he's more than willing to give whatever clothing items he finds to other group members. Even when it comes to the items he really likes. A lightly chewed-on pen and a grease rag that's always mysteriously dirty are two items he tends to keep somewhere on his person.
Ref Art One & Ref Art Two | Art Credit One & Art Credit Two
Notable Features:
A Chinese style dragon in grayscale tattooed on his right arm from hand to shoulder
A jungle scene featuring a tiger and a wicked spiderweb tattooed on his right arm from wrist to shoulder, also in greyscale
One large scar on the calf of his right leg from a childhood accident
Typically sports a short beard, though he shaves when it gets too unruly
His eyes become reflective, like a cat's eye, in dark spaces; a result of his augmentations​

RACE INFO:
A near-human from a futuristic dimension, Obi is both a cyborg and a psion. As a cyborg, he is a genetically pure human with mechanical and electrical elements built into his body that grant him abilities beyond those of a typical example of his race. The specific abilities granted by those elements are detailed below. As for the "psion" part...Obi is a human born with psionic abilities. That means that he is, in essence, psychic. His specific ability set includes telekinesis and force-field generation, though he's only good at the latter. A more detailed explanation of those abilities is also below.
Powers:
♠ Force-fields - Obi's primary psionic ability is force-field generation. He can create or destroy force fields of various sizes at will, though he has to actively focus on a field to maintain it (meaning he can only keep up one at a time) and their range is limited to the area around his own person. These fields can absorb impacts, such as blows from fists, weapons, or bullets, though doing so requires concentration and energy. Larger forces or frequent impacts require significantly more concentration and energy, and pushing himself too far in this respect can result in headaches, nosebleeds, unconsciousness or - in an extreme case - death. The fields are also selectively permeable, meaning Obi can focus the field to allow, say, a certain friendly medic fairy free passage back and forth across the field while entirely denying an Infected entry.
♠ Telekinesis - A secondary ability granted by his psionics, Obi is telekinetic and can lift certain items with his mind. The most he's been able to manage lifting at once is one mid-sized object (around 80 lbs or less) or two small objects (around 30 lbs or less), and lifting anything much larger or trying for any greater number of objects is out of his skill range. Precision tasks or complicated movement patterns are other skills he hasn't been able to learn. He also can't throw items, even something light like a pencil, with any real force. Useful for pillow fights and party tricks, but not much else.
♠ Cyborg Augmentations - The three areas where Obi's had cybernetic augments installed are in his eyes, his cranium, and his arms, all of which bear traces of blue lighting as a reminder they aren't entirely natural. These implants were originally designed to integrate wirelessly with a scout drone's systems and thus they've lost much of their main functionality in this different dimension. Despite that, they're still useful.
Eyes: Possess an internal HUD capable of displaying data such as the current time or current GPS coordinates or various personal data, along with a limited zoom capability and a night vision filter that cause his eyes to visibly reflect light
Cranium: The implants in his head increase his memory and allow him to more accurately recall past events, and there's a port placed behind his right ear which allows him to connect directly to electronic devices; he can also receive radio signals and connect to wifi, but neither of those things are very useful these days
Arms: His right arm has been replaced from the elbow down, so that section of his body is considerably stronger and more durable than the rest of him, plus he's got a hologram projector implanted into his right hand; his left arm has wires and electronics threaded throughout the hand and forearm, but these were intended for drone control and have no current use​

Nobody knows it but me when I slip
Personality
STRENGTHS:
♠ Intelligent - Obi is one smart cookie. It's not a trait he shows off like it's a trophy or something and it'd be hard to define the humble engineer as a know-it-all, but he tears apart logic puzzles like they're made of tissue paper and he can solve complex equations with little more than some finger counting. Combine that with an excellent memory, and...well. This is one area in which Obi tends to impress.
♠ Logical - "Sensible" is a good adjective to describe him with. It's a rare occasion when Obi reacts to a situation with his emotions first and his logic second. On the plus side, he's a clear head that can provide clearheaded advice, regardless of how everyone around him is feeling. On the negative end, he's absolute trash at dealing with feelings. Especially his own.
♠ Reliable - Never one to break a promise or intentionally arrive late to an appointment, Obi's a generally trustworthy group member. He keeps secrets, he keeps his word, and he follows through on doing the dishes even though he hates that chore. That reliability extends to his sleep schedule, too; that doesn't change without some protesting and a few grumpy mornings, at least.
♠ Warmhearted - A trait that ties in with his past and his fears, Obi does his best to be as kind, sympathetic, and affectionate as he can be. That isn't to say he's well mannered or constantly pleasant to be around; his favorite method of expressing affection is gentle ribbing, in fact, but he does do his best to look after others before he looks to himself.​

WEAKNESSES:
♠ Self-conscious - Obi is, in a short phrase, too self-aware. He tends to connect negative or neutral responses from others with his own actions, even when there's no relation between the two. He tends to assume that FUBAR'd situations were his fault, and as a result he's got a sad lack of confidence in himself along with a low sense of self worth.
♠ Yielding - While he's not exactly a passive personality, the previous trait and his general dislike for drama tend to make Obi the more yielding partner in an argument or conflict. He's quick to throw his hands up instead of arguing his point, often regardless of the situation, and he doesn't usually stand up to express his stronger opinions or protest against things he's uncomfortable with.
♠ Disorganized - Obi's personal belongings are...a mess, to put it gently. His bag has the same sort of haphazard organizational system that he applies to his life, which is to say that there isn't one. He's good with puzzles, but not with planning, and may someone help the person who tries to make sense of the notes he keeps in the bindings of his books.
♠ Indecisive - Not exactly a person who should be entrusted with leadership, Obi's incredibly bad at picking between option A or option B. He could spent an entire whole day wrapping himself up in loops of logic over which option would be better in the short term or the long term, and decision-making becomes downright impossible when there's emotions on the line.​

Driving vehicles of most sorts Good books Donuts The color blue Rainy weather Puzzles, puzzle games Empathetic people

DISLIKES:
Awkward silences Flying insects Disappointing others Talking about his feelings Sour foods Being bossy Loneliness

FEARS:
♠ Flying insects (irrational) - Obi's one of those people who screeches when he sees a moth. Or a bee. Or a fly, even. Maybe it's something about their eyes that freaks him out, or perhaps it's that they can fly around and startle him with little to no effort? Regardless, he doesn't have a logical explanation for the fear, but a fear it definitely is.
♠ Rejection - Obi's greatest fear, and his greatest motivator, is the fear of disappointing others and being rejected by them. This is a thing based in his childhood; he was the only child of two brilliant and work-focused scientists, and the young Oberon blamed himself for his parents' lack of attention. He does his very best not to repeat the pattern.
♠ Being left behind - Obi also fears that one day he'll wake up and the whole group will be gone. Just...gone, without him, because he was the weak link. This ties in with his regret and shame about the darker elements of his past; he's scared that he'll let something about all that slip to another group member and he'll be cast out for it.
♠ Falling back into old patterns - Tied in with the previous fear. Before the Great Flash, Obi did some things that he's quite ashamed of. Nothing awful, like murder, but it's still something he doesn't particularly want to discuss. Especially with other members of the group. Still, it's definitely a pattern of behavior that he's deathly afraid of falling back into.​

Yeah, I slip, I'm still an animal
History
WIP.

Summary: Obi was born on Mars to the station's greatest power couple, growing into his psionics as he failed to live up to his parents' high expectations of him, and wound up taking himself and his engineering degree back to Earth. There he became corporate law enforcement and a cyborg in a single move and worked on/with scout drones for a few years until the Great Flash. He has some shady stuff in his past - namely addiction to a fictional drug - and he'd rather the group not know about it due to shame and fear of judgement. He's been with Kristian's group for around eight months.

NAME:
Oberon Atlee

RACE:
Near-human Cyborg, Psion

SEXUALITY:
Bisexual

ALLEGIANCE:
Kristian's group - Able Body

STATISTICS:
♠ Strength: 6
♠ Dexterity: 6
♠ Endurance: 7
♠ Intelligence: 8
♠ Luck: 4​

APPEARANCE:
On initial inspection, especially in a well lit location, Obi looks entirely human. He stands at an average 5'10, with a build that leans toward the stocky and the muscular. His hair is a perfectly natural dark brown, a soft mop of thin strands with just enough of a wavy texture that he keeps it trimmed short to prevent it from being a pain. His eyes are a much lighter brown, pretty and warm and almost gold in color, though they are perhaps too uniform in their shade. His face is generally handsome, oblong in structure, and he typically sports a short beard that matches up well with his hair in terms of color. There aren't many easily visible scars on his body, though it's difficult to miss the artful ink that covers both of his arms. It takes darkness, or a keen eye, for others to notice the bits of blue. The softly glowing port behind his right ear, the pale lights that can be seen as he moves the joints of his right elbow and wrist, the faint blue glow that appears in the fingertips of his left hand when he drums them on surfaces. These lights mark him as something not entirely human, as something less natural, as a cyborg. There are no outward traces of the other label one could apply to him, unless one counts the telekinetic tricks he sometimes does when he's nervous.

In regards to clothing, Obi has a definite preference for button up shirts and softer fabrics, with his favorite color being blue and his favorite pattern being stripes. He tends to wear cargo pants and/or carry a jacket, both for the sake of pocket space, and he'll hardly go anywhere without a sturdy set of steel-toed boots. That said - he's more than willing to give whatever clothing items he finds to other group members. Even when it comes to the items he really likes. A lightly chewed-on pen and a grease rag that's always mysteriously dirty are two items he tends to keep somewhere on his person.
Ref Art One & Ref Art Two | Art Credit One & Art Credit Two
Notable Features:
A Chinese style dragon in grayscale tattooed on his right arm from hand to shoulder
A jungle scene featuring a tiger and a wicked spiderweb tattooed on his right arm from wrist to shoulder, also in greyscale
One large scar on the calf of his right leg from a childhood accident
Typically sports a short beard, though he shaves when it gets too unruly
His eyes become reflective, like a cat's eye, in dark spaces; a result of his augmentations​

RACE INFO:
A near-human from a futuristic dimension, Obi is both a cyborg and a psion. As a cyborg, he is a genetically pure human with mechanical and electrical elements built into his body that grant him abilities beyond those of a typical example of his race. The specific abilities granted by those elements are detailed below. As for the "psion" part...Obi is a human born with psionic abilities. That means that he is, in essence, psychic. His specific ability set includes telekinesis and force-field generation, though he's only good at the latter. A more detailed explanation of those abilities is also below.
Powers:
♠ Force-fields - Obi's primary psionic ability is force-field generation. He can create or destroy force fields of various sizes at will, though he has to actively focus on a field to maintain it (meaning he can only keep up one at a time) and their range is limited to the area around his own person. These fields can absorb impacts, such as blows from fists, weapons, or bullets, though doing so requires concentration and energy. Larger forces or frequent impacts require significantly more concentration and energy, and pushing himself too far in this respect can result in headaches, nosebleeds, unconsciousness or - in an extreme case - death. The fields are also selectively permeable, meaning Obi can focus the field to allow, say, a certain friendly medic fairy free passage back and forth across the field while entirely denying an Infected entry.
♠ Telekinesis - A secondary ability granted by his psionics, Obi is telekinetic and can lift certain items with his mind. The most he's been able to manage lifting at once is one mid-sized object (around 80 lbs or less) or two small objects (around 30 lbs or less), and lifting anything much larger or trying for any greater number of objects is out of his skill range. Precision tasks or complicated movement patterns are other skills he hasn't been able to learn. He also can't throw items, even something light like a pencil, with any real force. Useful for pillow fights and party tricks, but not much else.
♠ Cyborg Augmentations - The three areas where Obi's had cybernetic augments installed are in his eyes, his cranium, and his arms, all of which bear traces of blue lighting as a reminder they aren't entirely natural. These implants were originally designed to integrate wirelessly with a scout drone's systems and thus they've lost much of their main functionality in this different dimension. Despite that, they're still useful.
Eyes: Possess an internal HUD capable of displaying data such as the current time or current GPS coordinates or various personal data, along with a limited zoom capability and a night vision filter that cause his eyes to visibly reflect light
Cranium: The implants in his head increase his memory and allow him to more accurately recall past events, and there's a port placed behind his right ear which allows him to connect directly to electronic devices; he can also receive radio signals and connect to wifi, but neither of those things are very useful these days
Arms: His right arm has been replaced from the elbow down, so that section of his body is considerably stronger and more durable than the rest of him, plus he's got a hologram projector implanted into his right hand; his left arm has wires and electronics threaded throughout the hand and forearm, but these were intended for drone control and have no current use​

UNIQUE BELONGINGS:
9mm pistol + ammo
One battery-powered shock blade, brought from "home"
Small toolkit, mostly for personal use
Several books, typically technical manuals or fantasy novels
Various cybernetic augmentations (see Powers)​

STRENGTHS:
♠ Intelligent - Obi is one smart cookie. It's not a trait he shows off like it's a trophy or something and it'd be hard to define the humble engineer as a know-it-all, but he tears apart logic puzzles like they're made of tissue paper and he can solve complex equations with little more than some finger counting. Combine that with an excellent memory, and...well. This is one area in which Obi tends to impress.
♠ Logical - "Sensible" is a good adjective to describe him with. It's a rare occasion when Obi reacts to a situation with his emotions first and his logic second. On the plus side, he's a clear head that can provide clearheaded advice, regardless of how everyone around him is feeling. On the negative end, he's absolute trash at dealing with feelings. Especially his own.
♠ Reliable - Never one to break a promise or intentionally arrive late to an appointment, Obi's a generally trustworthy group member. He keeps secrets, he keeps his word, and he follows through on doing the dishes even though he hates that chore. That reliability extends to his sleep schedule, too; that doesn't change without some protesting and a few grumpy mornings, at least.
♠ Warmhearted - A trait that ties in with his past and his fears, Obi does his best to be as kind, sympathetic, and affectionate as he can be. That isn't to say he's well mannered or constantly pleasant to be around; his favorite method of expressing affection is gentle ribbing, in fact, but he does do his best to look after others before he looks to himself.​

WEAKNESSES:
♠ Self-conscious - Obi is, in a short phrase, too self-aware. He tends to connect negative or neutral responses from others with his own actions, even when there's no relation between the two. He tends to assume that FUBAR'd situations were his fault, and as a result he's got a sad lack of confidence in himself along with a low sense of self worth.
♠ Yielding - While he's not exactly a passive personality, the previous trait and his general dislike for drama tend to make Obi the more yielding partner in an argument or conflict. He's quick to throw his hands up instead of arguing his point, often regardless of the situation, and he doesn't usually stand up to express his stronger opinions or protest against things he's uncomfortable with.
♠ Disorganized - Obi's personal belongings are...a mess, to put it gently. His bag has the same sort of haphazard organizational system that he applies to his life, which is to say that there isn't one. He's good with puzzles, but not with planning, and may someone help the person who tries to make sense of the notes he keeps in the bindings of his books.
♠ Indecisive - Not exactly a person who should be entrusted with leadership, Obi's incredibly bad at picking between option A or option B. He could spent an entire whole day wrapping himself up in loops of logic over which option would be better in the short term or the long term, and decision-making becomes downright impossible when there's emotions on the line.​

Driving vehicles of most sorts Good books Donuts The color blue Rainy weather Puzzles, puzzle games Empathetic people

DISLIKES:
Awkward silences Flying insects Disappointing others Talking about his feelings Sour foods Being bossy Loneliness

FEARS:
♠ Flying insects (irrational) - Obi's one of those people who screeches when he sees a moth. Or a bee. Or a fly, even. Maybe it's something about their eyes that freaks him out, or perhaps it's that they can fly around and startle him with little to no effort? Regardless, he doesn't have a logical explanation for the fear, but a fear it definitely is.
♠ Rejection - Obi's greatest fear, and his greatest motivator, is the fear of disappointing others and being rejected by them. This is a thing based in his childhood; he was the only child of two brilliant and work-focused scientists, and the young Oberon blamed himself for his parents' lack of attention. He does his very best not to repeat the pattern.
♠ Being left behind - Obi also fears that one day he'll wake up and the whole group will be gone. Just...gone, without him, because he was the weak link. This ties in with his regret and shame about the darker elements of his past; he's scared that he'll let something about all that slip to another group member and he'll be cast out for it.
♠ Falling back into old patterns - Tied in with the previous fear. Before the Great Flash, Obi did some things that he's quite ashamed of. Nothing awful, like murder, but it's still something he doesn't particularly want to discuss. Especially with other members of the group. Still, it's definitely a pattern of behavior that he's deathly afraid of falling back into.​

HISTORY:
WIP.

Summary: Obi was born on Mars to the station's greatest power couple, growing into his psionics as he failed to live up to his parents' high expectations of him, and wound up taking himself and his engineering degree back to Earth. There he became corporate law enforcement and a cyborg in a single move and worked on/with scout drones for a few years until the Great Flash. He has some shady stuff in his past - namely addiction to a fictional drug - and he'd rather the group not know about it due to shame and fear of judgement. He's been with Kristian's group for around eight months.

8cfe0cf8d38002330caa0bb4292313c08acaf2c1_hq.jpg
Full name: Elysha Kawashima

Race/Species: Human, Japanese-American

Sexuality: Bisexual

Allegiance: Kristian's Group, Deadweight

Appearance: Elysha stands 5' 8" tall and weighs 130 lbs. She once maintained a slender, athletic build and weighed 100 lbs, but has since gained an additional 30 lbs due to pregnancy weight gain. She has Blue Eyes, Fair Skin with long Pink Hair which she keeps reasonably well groomed. She is currently in the final stages of pregnancy and her body has undergone several changes to accommodate the growing baby. In addition to her growing abdomen and dealing with constant swelling in her fingers, ankles and her feet, she retains the 'pregnancy glow', which makes her skin more radiating. Furthermore, she is 36 Weeks into her pregnancy, roughly 4 weeks away from her estimated due date, although she knows full well that she has the chance of going past 40 weeks.
pregnant-woman-in-beautiful-pink-dress-standing-close-up-a-window-in-her-bedroom-761563120.jpg

Personality:
Having been raised in a Strict Asian Family, Elysha had to give up many liberties that many would take for granted. While this left her bitter, she became very family oriented and caring as a result. As a result of focusing on School for most of her life, Elysha is very attentive and focused on her goals in life. As a Friend, she is noted to be very easygoing, nice and caring, as she will always be there whether a shoulder is needed to cry on, to vent or any of the sort because she leaves an Open Door Policy. However, she isn't the strongest emotionally and can be considered light-hearted, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she is. One rude comment, depending on its severity can send her straight into tears. An Emotional girl, she also cries very easily compared to most girls. Whenever she is mad at someone, she can stay mad at them for an extensive period of time, with her longest grudge being at least two years long if not any longer.

Strengths
Caring: She will always be there for you, whether you need a Shoulder to Cry on, a Sympathetic Ear or a Therapy Session

Family Oriented: Family comes first, above everything else.

Patient: Elysha maintains self-control and prefers to approach situations in a rational matter, believing that anger can cloud one's judgment.

Weaknesses
Emotional Walls: Because she has been hurt and heartbroken many times throughout her life, Elysha has some serious emotional barriers and as a result, does not open up very easily.

Trust Issues: It takes time for her to grow to trust people as she has had her trust betrayed several times in the past. In particular, she finds it difficult to trust people in relationships due to being treated horribly by the significant others of loved ones, family and friends alike. Oddly enough, she has no trouble trusting people who are already in relationships by the time she has met them, or people who are already married.

Grudges: If crossed or angered, Elysha isn't hesitant to give someone the cold shoulder without any explanation.

-Children
-Dresses
-Cats

Dislikes
-Group In-fighting
-Unnecessary Arguments
-Animal Abuse
-Anyone who harms children
-When people raise their voice on her

Fears
-Losing her Baby
-A Slow, Painful Death
-Tight Spaces
-Arachnophobia: Fear of Spiders
-Aichmophobia: Fear of Sharp Objects
-Miscarriage

Powers:
None

History:
Elysha was born into a wealthy Japanese-American Family. As a result of her Family's wealth, she grew up attending Private Schools and Social Gatherings. Sadly, despite the wealth, Elysha's parents were unreasonably strict, which meant that she had to give many liberties that many would take for granted. As she got older, her parents became less and less strict, so long as she kept up with her studies, her grades were up and she wasn't getting herself into trouble. She would soon go on to graduate from High School with Honors and a Scholarship to University where she finally found freedom. During her college years, she ended up meeting her future husband. She soon graduated with a Degree in Psychology and would soon get married.

A few years after her wedding, the Flash had occurred. Her husband succumbed and became one of the infected. During this time, the darkest moment of her life occurred. She would be forced to kill her own loving husband as he seemingly lost his soul and mind, having no memory of his past life. After saying goodbye and keeping him from biting her, she would kill him with a shot to the throat with a double-barreled shotgun. Now alone, Elysha found herself in a fight for survival. This only became more complicated when she learns that she is pregnant.

In the days that followed the Great Flash, Elysha found herself having trouble balancing her fight to stay alive and caring for herself because of the pregnancy. Of course, life became more and more difficult as the pregnancy progressed. More often then not, she would have to take the long way to her destinations to avoid the infected, or hole up in one place for weeks at at time so that she could rest. Scavenging for supplies was the hardest part of all, as she had to sneak around the infected to avoid confrontation, unable to really defend herself if she ever got up close and personal with one of them. Of course, when she encountered Kristian's Group, Elysha joined up with them, finding relative safety in numbers and appreciating company. Now she awaits the arrival of her first child, a daughter.