This is A Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burying his face close into the inu's lap,he clung to the other desperately to try and ease his own freakout. After what seemed like forever, the other did manage to relax just enough to stop his shaking- a good sign. It would be another seemingly long moment before he lifted his head, his eyes closed.

Opening them slowly, his catlike eyes dialated back to that of a humans. Wiping snot away, he pulled his knees to his chest and tried his hardest to avoid the other's gaze. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get like that, I-I... I think you should stay here, not go looking. You need to take care of the babies."

"But I trust you with them, you know? Look, going out might not be necessary, anyway. He could come back soon," he said soothingly, having gotten the comforting tone down to a T by this point, his natural instincts with the kids helping a great deal. Though he had always been a little motherly with Reginald anyway, and vice versa.

"Just come lay down for a bit, you're all tense and... that's not good for you. You need relaxation and calm," he reminded, tugging on his hand expectantly as he headed for the stairs. "We'll go lay down, observe the kids."

By now, the neko was far too exhausted to really protest. Grabbing his hand in his, he tugged himself up the stairs with the last of the remaining will he had, and immediately moved under the bed. Disappearing under the blankets, the only sign he was there was the small lump under the covers and the tips of his ears that poked above just a bit. For a good half hour, the boy would be completely asleep, trying to restore himself from both the physical and emotional pain of that morning.

And in that time, despite all his words and arguments against Masters, and his reassurance that the other could live -albeit painfully- without one, Braylin was a huge, huge hypocrite.

In reality, he had been in contact with Kristof for a week now, when his due date neared, and had gone as far as to hint their location. But now Reginald was determined to stay with Tobiah, who was on the verge of continuing his abuse and control, then why the hell couldn't Braylin bring his own abusive boyfriend back? It was agony without him, and even more so now he was recovering from the amateur caesarean he'd been subjected to.

And so, as that half an hour passed, the inu found himself easily pouring his heart out to Kristof. Sure, he hated the man, so so much, but... he loved him too, and he knew that couldn't be quashed, especially since the kids -the products of both of them- had been born. Braylin may have a boyfriend, but that didn't compare to Kristof, hence just why he had invited the man to their hidden location in Canada, reassured by the fact he seemed desperate to arrive by the following morning - having a private jet helped to speed things up, after all.

Waking up to the sound of his friend on the phone, and the silence from his lack of boyfriend, he rubbed his eyes and emerged properly from the bed. He wandered down the stairs slowly, gripping his ribs, and peaked over at Braylin with a hopeful smile.

"Has... Has Tobiah come home yet? Where is he? Has your friend maybe found him? I miss him... I'll start on some food for you and the babies now, and for him when he gets here! Hn... I need some tea, first..."

"What? Oh, that's just Reggie... yeah..." Braylin replied down the phone firstly, opting to pretend it was simply Jay rather than admit to the truth and be criticised for it, so with a small mumble parting ways, managed a quiet smile in return. It didn't feel entirely nice deceiving the other, although it was far better than actually breaking news that Kristof would be arriving in the morning.

"Oh, Jay said that he's looking, but nothing so far-- you relax. I'll fetch you some food, the babies don't need feeding yet," he reassured, leaning to chastely peck his forehead. "You worry too much."

At this point, his eyes didn't show fear, but rather disappointment. It had been who knows long and his lover was out in the cold for. Contemplating to himself silently, he eventually nodded and took a neat seat down in front of the kitchen table.

So, his lover is gone? For good? Or was this just some plan to mess with him? If so, the joke wasn't very funny. Not funny at all.

Brought away from the voices he heard in his head, the growl in his stomach was much louder than his thoughts for once. Glancing up at his best friend, he lightly nudged the boy to make something for them both

"Sorry," he chuckled quietly, the less than obvious hint making his cheeks grow red in how late he was recognising how hungry his friend would more than likely be. "What do you want, a sandwich? Or... maybe some cheese on toast? That's nice. Kristof used to make it for me, it was amazing, honestly. One day, I'll have him make it for you-- when he's a nicer guy, obviously, haha... ah... come on, cheer up! You look as miserable as sin~!"

"Sorry," He murmured, though the grumble of his stomach was overpowering his voice. Grabbing his stomach to childishly hush it, he huffed in aggrivation and pressed his chin to his knees. "I'll have the cheese on toast please, yeah. With some milk? Mmm... That would be perfect, not going to lie. That's not too much for you, is it? Sorry..."

"Hey, I went nine months carrying around four energetic puppies, hon. I can manage melted cheese on toast," he laughed happily, eyes twinkling as he attempted to get past his anger from earlier, having moved to acceptance of the other's choices. Not that he would ever, ever agree with it, but given Kristof's looming arrival, he had to learn to do so, now his own boyfriend who Reginald disliked was arriving.

Though he obviously opted not to mention it until Kristof actually arrived, as bad as that was, but he honestly didn't want to bring it up and be yelled at for it. Frankly, he was hoping his boyfriend gave Tobiah a lesson - Kristof was physically more stronger than the fellow human, and far more powerful in terms of wealth and connections.

"Haha," he laughed again, quickly making sure he didn't become a thing of suspicion after the lengthy pause between conversing. "If you have a few kids, at least nekos are laid back and sleepy. Puppies are so energetic, kicked me to death, honestly..."

"No, but they're needier. They need food and attention more. Puppies can just be left to do their thing, at least for awhile. Nekos are DEMANDING, aha.... Though I'll love my babies all the same, no matter what. They'll me my precious little kittens that Tobiah and I can watch over until we grow old, same with the puppies! A nice, cute little family that all cares about each other. That is, if Tobiah comes back or not... What if he left me because he didn't want to be with me anymore?"

"Then I'll care for you and we'll care for the pups together," he chuckled, Tobiah's possible permanent leaving being the stuff of dreams...

Though it was something he was smart enough to realise wouldn't happen, and as though to spite him, Tobiah would inevitably return as much of an asshole as ever.

Quietly taking Junior to place him beside little Ingrid, he coaxed his friend to stop his worry, given his children -in his mind, at least- could pick up off the negative vibes, and gently led him out and down the stairs, sighing heavily once away from the sleepy children. "Honestly, he'll come back, though. He's like... a boomerang, huh?"

The analogy sent him into a surprising fit of giggles, his hand gripping tightly to the others. "A boomerang?! That's not true. He's a HUMAN, not some weird wooden thing.... Do you think they sell them here? I mean, I know we're far away from Australia, but I kinda wanna play with one. Like, one person frisbee! And you know I love frisbee. That's the one thing I miss about being South is that you can't spend that much time out. It's sad, you know? No swimming either."

"We can probably find a boomerang somewhere," he smiled, at least happy he had enabled his friend to break into a more happy sight of laughter and giggles. Seeing that physically allowed him to relax too alongside him, smiling as he flicked on the radio and proceeded with sprinkling some cheese on buttered bread with a hum. "I don't miss the heat. It made my hair all sweaty and frizzy-- I like the snow, you know. It's fun. Cold, but fun, and--"

He paused immediately, his eyes widening at the sound of the front door not just being knocked on, but being hammered upon, to the point of splinters of wood splitting off. Gruff voices sounded from outside, probably of muscled men by how hard they were kicking the door, strength needed for that in bounds. Despite being scared beyond compare, he was an inu, and seeing his friend safe was key, hence his sudden spike of fearlessness as he swayed to grab a kitchen knife and stormed to the door as adrenaline spurred him onward. "Stay back, Reggie."

Whimpering from the sight, he did as told... Though that didn't mean he didn't grab his own weapon and hesitantly trail behind. He knew that Braylin wasn't the strongest fighter, and he also knew he was far better than him. He kept back, though, just to let the other feel like he was taking charge.

His eyes narrowed, the pupils resembling the same cat-like lines as previous as he peered towards the door. "Be careful, please? I don't want you getting any more hurt than you already are!"

"What, they're not gonna hurt me... I'm too cute," he laughed, the sound strained, however, given the pressure they were under, visibly shaking with fear as he approached the door, opening it before it got booted in, and the sight of two, six foot plus men, donning dark clothing and with equally scowling expressions, did make him hold his knife up in readiness for an attack. The men, on the other hand, made no such effort to attack, even after the unconventional way of 'knocking'. Instead, they simply smiled, oddly, and murmured a word. A single word that made Braylin lower his knife, set it aside in sudden calmness, the wave that crashed over him making his own smile light. "It... It's okay, Reggie. They're... They're Kristof's associates in Canada."

Raising his own knife up now, he was ready to easily slice either of these two in half.

"Stay back!" He hissed, the fur on his ears and tail puffing as he moved in front of the inu. "I'll kill them both, you go protect the babies! I won't let him take you again, Braylin, I don't want to see you miserable again... And if that means I have to slice through some brutes, I-I will."

"It's fine," he said reassuringly, patting his friend's shoulder in an attempt to try and get him to calm down before something regrettable occurred, smiling awkwardly at the men who were clearly ordered to have come to watch over Braylin until Kristof arrived. In Braylin's world, it meant the human cared deeply about him, to not want him or the kids hurt by people he didn't trust, so hired some he could trust to protect the inus. "I... called Kristof, alright? He'll be here tomorrow, Reggie. I... I invited him here, to stay."

"WHAT?!" He snapped, his grip on the knife shaking. "You... You promise you'd never bring him here, Bray. You promise we'd be rid of him! He nearly killed my MASTER, Braylin! I-I... I can't stay here then. I can't stay here with him in the house, do you understand? I don't want to even SMELL him, let alone see him." And, while it was a bit dramatic, he dug the knife in the wood of the wall with tears in his eyes.

"I wish he did kill your Master," he suddenly muttered, his own eyes suddenly lighting with ferocity and the instinct to defend his master. It was the dividing line between him and his best friend - the fact neither one liked the other's Master that much, and were unlikely ever to understand just why they wanted to be around the men.

His sudden anger was something Kristof would be proud of, as he reached to grab his knife in the heat of the moment, holding it out against Reginald in that sudden fear the emotional neko would turn on him. "I-I wish Tobiah f-fucking died, he's a-an asshole! He manipulates you! A-At least Kristof genuinely loves me, and doesn't g-go out for hours with no explanation! I-If I ever see your Master, I-I'll slit his throat until he's dead. I-I hate him as much as you hate Kristof."

Status
Not open for further replies.