This is A Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He took it," He blurted in his panic, those tears from prior on full load as he wiped them away with his sweater. "Braylin, I'm scared. I-I don't know if this is a good idea, and... and I don't want anything bad to happen to him. I gave him the money because I wanted him to buy something for the babies, or some fish for us. I bet that's what he's doing, actually! He's probably buying something to eat for us all, and it's fine. I know he loves me, he's just... Got some anger issues? I just..."

Despite his hesitance to leave, he DID try to move from the bed... Though that met with a failure since the mere motion of getting to his feet caused him to cry out in pain. A rib seemed to have broken off, hitting an organ, since he never pictured breaking a rib to hurt this bad. Wheezing hard, it took him all he could to simply get to his feet. Once there, he waited for the other's command while ignoring the agony

(I replied to them, so they should have sent you an alert! I can check to see if I messed up, but I'm pretty sure I responded at least. You check on your end too, okay?)

"Reginald, you're cleverer than that," he scolded the other's wishful naivety sternly again, his ears pricked up in alert of any sounds - he didn't knew just where Tobiah had gone, but he knew he must have left a while back, and that meant he may return any second, and the last thing the inu wanted was to be met with the raging human who had done this to his best friend.

Haphazardly shoving all he could fit into the other's suitcase that hadn't been filled since their last runaway all those months ago, he silently smiled to himself despite the current situation at seeing all the other's cute little jumpers and whatnot, smiling that expression back at him with glittering eyes. "...When Kristof pays up, we can go on a shopping spree with the kids, splash out on some cute new clothes, huh? A shopping spree will always make me feel a bit better. A bit of self indulgence never hurt anyone, and god knows you need it, darling."

[[ Oh never mind, I think they're in now. I think I messed up a bit, but it seems alright now, haha c: ]]

"They would look cute," He admitted, offering a goofy grin while fiddling nervously. "But... Tobiah will worry about me, aha... what if he finds us? And is mad we left? I'd like to keep my ribs. Plus, how will we get a cab in a snow storm? Shouldn't we wait til it ends first, at least? For the baby's sake."

And with that, Reggie- in his scattered mind- was determined to put the quadruplets above his own care. There was a SNOWSTORM outside, and yes he was often told that he wasn't the smartest fellow, but he knew that this wasn't okay whatsoever. Taking a defiant sit on the bed, he folded his arms carefully. "Braylin, it isn't safe. We should stay here, and wait... I'm fine, r-really! Like Tobi said, the ribs can grow back normal on their own right? If I want to leave, w-we should at least leave at another time. Now... Now put back the clothes before he can tell we tried to leave!"

He cringed at being brought back to earth at the realisation no cab could reach them anyway, good weather or not - they lived up a rather major hill, and cars struggled to get up. It was the reason why Tobiah's car was parked at the bottom, rather than outside the house like normal. Sighing to himself, a mixture of exasperated disappointment and bitter anger, he did finally show that by slamming shut the case and holding his head in his hands, shallowed breathing indicative of how hopeless he felt. Useless, too.

"Reginald, we... we can't stay," he murmured finally, the sound just as broken as his current curled up position beside the case, knees hitched up under his chin in a painfully small display, but being naturally small and petite did enable him to form such positions with ease. "...Not just you, but my babies. Tobiah could hurt them too! Please, w-we have to go. F-For you, and the kids. Let's... go to Jay. My boyfriend, okay? H-He'll protect us."

"How are we suppose to do that?" He asked, his brows knitted together in concern as he sheepishly moved to scratch behind the inu's ears- something he knew would at least cheer him up slightly. "Bray, trust me. I won't let him lay a single PINKY on the four. You and Tobi may think I'm d-dumb, or something, but I know how to defend myself and those who I care about. I don't remember much of last night, but I know this: Tobiah had a slice across his throat. Not a big one a-at all, but I MUST have done it. I somehow managed to get him close enough to do that, and I know I'll do it again if I have to. I love you and the babies, maybe not the same way as Tobi but I know I love you and I want you to be safe. You need to relax, you know, I know that the stitches aren't done yet! So just... Relax."

(There aren't notifications for the other Roleplays, >n< I have to go to your page to see if you replied)

He hitched his breath quietly, big, hazel orbs now rounded and glittering with tears of a mixture of fright and worry again, his tough, determined side fading away almost as quickly as it had made a surprising appearance. Tiredly pressing into his friend's side, and absently purring at the soft scratches -he was a sucker for that, when upset or happy-, he did manage to move an arm around his midsection to at least hold his own bandaged body in fear of it bleeding and opening up on cue.

"I... just don't want him hurting you. He's a nutter, Reginald. H-He used to beat up our species a lot, back in the day. He's... sadistic, you know?" He sighed, pressing his head on his shoulder, only to jerk up at the babies whining loudly for attention in the next room. They weren't as needy for affection as nekos were, but they were still children, and needed somebody around them at least. "...Reggie, come help, okay? It'll take your mind off things..."

[[ Really? I think I'm doing things right... Maybe I'm not, sorry 'bout that... :c ]]

Moving slowly to his feet, the man had to drag himself to the other room.. Not before grabbing a cardigan to tug over his sweater, that is. It WAS cold, incredibly so, at least to the sickly neko. Once inside the other's bedroom, he peered over at the four babies with a wide grin. "I love them, you know. They're so cute! And so small... h-hn... Do you think they'll like me when they're older? I want Junior to know that he was named after someone really rad. You think I'm rad, after all, right Bray?" Of course, this babble was just as the other said- to get his mind off his incredible worry and his urge to break down then and there on the floor. "I-I do want to go shopping, with them."

"Of course I think you're rad," he laughed, waving off the other's anxiousness rather easily, though that was simply his own mechanism to avoid his own outburst. Instead, he easily reached down for said child, recognising Junior out by eye - not only was he the most boisterous out of the bunch, he also had the lightest blue shade of colour for eyes. Ace had a more azure share, and the oldest of the four, Vlad, had royal blue, so by process of elimination, he immediately knew which one was his beloved Junior. "I'd like my name to be one of your children's middle names," he suddenly grinned, peering back at him with a longing look behind his eyes if only to try and persuade him through that method.

Hell, it had always worked when he wanted something of Kristof, anyway.

"We'll go shopping when we're healed up," he reassured, placing the wailing Junior directly to the neko, the man he was named after, with a small grin. "I wanna show them the snow early, to be honest."

Staring at the baby with the same fascination he held the moment they were born, their soft and fragile bodies genuinely interesting to him. Gently pushing the other's tuft of hair back, his cheeks immediately began to flush. "But won't they get sick? How early are you planning?..."

All the while, he glanced outside. His eyes only staying on the boy briefly before darting back to the window, and back again. "... I'll name my first child after you, okay? They'll be cute, and nice, and funny just like you! Perfect, r-right? Aha.."

"Oh, come on. Kristof's Russian, and he turned out alright. He said he always went out into the snow and stuff," he chuckled, not really seeing a problem when it came to that if Kristof had reassured him beforehand, and if he ensured that bundles of blankets were wrapped around the quads, absently reaching for a little jumper he had knitted by hand to fit over the only real quiet one, Ingrid, purring softly at the fact she was the only one who really resembled his more exotic appearance, rather than the pale, Russian aesthetics that made up the three boys.

"Oh, they're be adorable too, a little mini-me," he cooed playfully, sitting cross-legged on his mountain of pillows and blankets as he busied himself with changing the children. "...Though I really don't think you ought to have them with Tobiah."

"What?" He blinked, his grip on the blanket tightening only slightly before he forced it to relax. "You're funny, hon. Who else would I have them with? I mean, he's my MASTER, that's what I was meant to do- have his children, live happily with them... While, the latter is still in the process of being a thing, I can at least do the former, right? Besides, who else would I do it with! He's the only person who I've ever had an interest in, vice versa I hope."

As he babbled on, he made sure the baby was fine and safe, kissing his forehead lightly as he cradled him. He would be a perfect parent! He knew he would, he would take care of each one like he treated Braylin- they were more important than he was, and he wanted them to be happy and healthy.

"So bringing children into a violent relationship is wise, is it? I left Kristof to stop him being around my kids, and he's my Master. But I'd rather put my children into safety than risk them witnessing violence. Kids are affected by all that, you know," he said smartly, a little exasperated that the other was still so stuck onto Tobiah - but what could he expect? He still felt the need to fiercely protect Kristof too, even if he had left him and had started a new relationship.

At the end of the day, Kristof was his Master, and he had that eternal bond that prevented him fully moving on, and he knew that it was harder for the other given the fact they were still together.

"I suppose I get it," he said after a moment, unable to not disagree with him any further and compromise his actual beliefs, no matter how annoyed with them he was. "...Just think about it, alright? It's not... totally wise."

"Well, I don't even have any babies to care for yet!"He reassured, though not without a waver of his lip as he held his flat- even sickly thin- stomach lightly. "I just w-want them to know who their parents are, and I just... I assume that Tobiah would be a better person once knowing I was pregnant with his kids, y'know? It's just nervewracking... Aha... I want him happy, even if he's sort of a dick.'

As he spoke, his fingers flexed and curled around his sweater in anxiety. The longer he simply sat there, without his Master, the more scattered his thoughts were. He could pretend everything was fine outside, to an extent, but he was reeling inside and desperately wanting to grab the window, hop out, and look for himself. "Maybe I should call him."

"It's an assumption. There's no guarantee he'll... become a better person, and you can't live be that. You need certainty, not risks, 'specially when it comes to bring life into the world," he mumbled wisely, even if he was well aware of the repercussions having a Master brought when it came to trying to be an individual, away from him.

Hell, he suffered daily not having Kristof, and it was now physically paining him not to be around his ex-boyfriend. Not that he'd ever admit to that, of course.

"Call him?" He groaned, starting to quietly rest back now the children, fed and now sleepy again, were starting to quieten and give him a little peace. "Do you have to? it's nice without him."

"It's storming out, and I don't want him to be stuck in a snowbank or something. Just... It'll be a quick call, okay? 'Where are you? When will you be back?' Bam."

Deciding then and there that it was probably best, Reggie got to his feet after gently setting Junior down in the crib, and hurried down the stairs to the phone... Completely ignoring the fact he had BROKEN RIBS. With his finger around the chord nervously, he waited for the other's gruff voice to answer the phone as usual and calm him down.

And when no response came, Braylin hurriedly came to that realisation and carefully placed the phone down, having followed behind as protectively as ever - he was loyal to his best friend, that trait being big in his species, and even if protection was important to, so was making his friend happy... regardless of how wrong he thought his decisions were. "...I'll call Jay, ask him to look around, how about that? If we still don't know where he is, I... I'll go searching."

With his wide eyes filling with tears, it took everything in Reggie's being to keep his breathing even. He took a shaky seat on the closest chair, wiping his tears clean with his sweater. "O... Okay, fine. Call him quickly, please? I-I can't stand not seeing him like this, Braylin. I don't know how you've survived so long... Everything hurts, and I want to get sick, a-and I just want him to be safe and come home so I can cook him something."

"Because I knew if I died, I'd die happy without him. I'd rather be alone in pain, than with him," he responded bluntly - he may love Kristof for being the father of his kids, and for being his Master, but he also hated him with ever fibre of his being, and didn't feel dependent on him anymore. Passing that milestone was hard, but it was worth it. Silently typing a message desperately to Jay -as well as adding a little message of his own-, he quietly smile as form of reassurance."Relax, Tobiah's just messing with your head. He knows it'll upset you, and he's doing it purposely, I reckon. He's not a nice guy."

"He's not awful, though..." He reminded desperately, burying his head into his arms as he lightly began to rock- a very definite sign from him of a meltdown. The last time he had one was once they finally found their home. The stress of escaping finally built up and hit him hard, resulting in a few broken dishes, an hour of the boy locked in the cellar closet, and a blackout that lasted nearly an entire day. When signs of one started, he usually either ran to Tobiah or Braylin to be held, needing that closeness for reassurance more than just some nice words

The inu silently frowned to himself at the other, unable to really keep on telling him how horrible Tobiah was if it just provoked this sort of reaction - and god knows someone as unstable as Reginald didn't need to feel so down. It wasn't healthy for him, and the inu knew that, hence him suddenly easing in close to tug him into that much needed hug. While he did prefer being the one being hugged, he could adapt only when it came to Reginald, and now his children. "Shh... d-don't worry, alright? I know you love that assho-- that man..."

Status
Not open for further replies.