This is A Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I am pretty cute, huh?" He smiled, his cheeks growing a soft pink as tears trickled down his cheeks. "I want you to know I'm serious, Tobiah. I'm not some play thing for you, I'm a living being." Tugging a sweater over his broken ribs, he limped his way to their bed with a strugged wheeze. Once flopping back, he rubbed the sight of injury slowly. "... I need a doctor, if my ribs are going to fix evenly. How expensive are they? Plus they could make sure the puppies are safe. It would work out well... If we can scrape a few dollars together. I saved a bit in a place you couldn't find in case I needed to buy something you didn't want me owning... like some caffeinated coffee."

(Totes can do, yo. Sorry for the late response, btw, I've had birthday things to do and such.)

Silently smiling to himself on that, particularly for the fact that his acting skills on faking emotions seemed pretty on point. It wasn't like he was purposely trying to lull his boyfriend into a false sense of security. No, not at all. It was more for the fact he both wanted to seem in control, and to be able to get away with paying him back in a few days. Not at all in a violent way, that was out of the picture now (hopefully), but just to at least reinstate his superiority he was earlier on attacked for.
Well, that was at least until he heard the bombshell of the hidden money. That was practically a red flag to a bull.
Feeling his cheeks burn, and the colour of them had indeed grown a pretty fierce red, he tore the bandage off and stuck it down once assured that it would stay in place, remaining worryingly silent before managing a quiet cough under his breath and diverting his icy gaze back to the neko.
"You've been hiding money from me? You've hidden things from me?" He whispered after a moment, forcing his shoulders back with a satisfying crack. "That's hardly a 'normal' relationship, hon."

[[ I'll go do them now then-- Wait, hold on, it's your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!! ]]

"W-Well, yeah!" He whispered, his personality reverting easily to that of a child as he held his shirt. "I mean, I know you don't want to buy me tea but I love it! It's so GOOD, Tobiah." Groaning in emphasis, he let his eyes flutter open and offer a smile. 'I never got to it, though, since you always come with me to the store. That's not that abnormal, is it? I mean.... I know you've probably hidden a few things too, and I'm not mad. It's hidden in the water tank of the toilet, in a waterproof box. You can take it, but only to pay for the doctor."

(yEAH. I'm 18 today, now I've got responsibilities and it's terrible.)

"How about you be a respectful, truthful boyfriend who doesn't have to feel the need to hide money from me?!" He snapped, automatically reverting to his usual sense of using anger to mask genuine upset, and the fact the other had reverted to the childishness was also a pretty big annoyance factor.

Tobiah disliked him being a child, but on the other hand, his determination in standing up for himself, whilst on one hand pretty intriguing to watch develop, was a sign of Tobiah losing the control and dominance in the relationship he did like to have. And he sure as hell wasn't ready to lose that, not yet.

"I just don't think it's awfully wise to have hidden money from me, and then when it's brought up, not have the decency to recognise your mistake and apologise," he muttered, his anger disappearing slowly to be replaced with a great sense of genuine disappointment - as much as he didn't have the right to be disappointed in the other after what he had done to him, he couldn't exactly help feeling pretty pissed off at the other. It did feel like he himself couldn't be trusted by the one person who he trusted with his life. Or had done prior to this. "Oh, just fuck the doctor. You can heal up yourself."

[[ Oh gosh, that must suck. I'm dreading my 18th tbh too, but hey, at least it's your birthday, always pretty fun, right? ]]

"Tobiah, bones can grow back weird if you don't see a professional..." He reminded slowly, eyeing the other. "Please, the doctor is important! I won't tell him you did this, I'll... Say I fell off the porch onto a tree, or something." He babbled." Just... Come lay down, please? I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the money, I just wanted something to myself for once. We can use it as food if that's better?... Just come lay down with me, please. It's late, and you and I both need sleep. You promise you'd do as I say, anyway."

As time went by, the neko locked eyes with the other. Their antique, thrifted coocoo clock ticked back, making the silence between them both seem longer. He didn't know what he did wrong! And like hell did he want to anger his boyfriend... Unlike just minutes prior. He wanted him to love him, care for him, and be happy. That's what he was born to do, after all.

And that silence did continue a good while, the man disappearing to collect the money from where its said location was, and only when he had the stash tucked safely away in his bedside drawer that he finally obliged and clambered into bed, albeit in stark silence and simmering hurt. It was literally only until he realised that his silence could give the other the ability to just go tell everyone in the town about the (accidental) attack if annoyed by Tobiah's clear stubbornness.

Turning to the other in the dim light of the bedroom, he quietly examined every inch of his boyfriend's face before leaning to press a kiss to his forehead - a major tension breaker that was needed given the atmosphere between them. It wasn't that romantic, and slightly wooden, but the premise of it was enough to make him smile again without real anger behind it. "Look, we'll pay for a doctor, but if you dare let a word of what I did slip, that'll be the last straw, I mean it, Reggie."

"Fine..." He whispered, his lips pursed firmly together. "I wont tell anyone. Am I still not allowed to take my own medicine? Because.... I want to do that on my own, but I know you don't trust me anymore. What am I allowed to do? I want to set some boundaries before we sleep. You know my deal, I want to hear yours."

"Like hell I trust you," he laughed callously, the proximity with Reginald slightly ruined by the fact the trust was brought up once again, and any hopes of sleep was distorted by the stress the other seemed to apply on him, obliviously of course. "My boundaries for you? Ooh, easy. One, you don't talk to that fishmonger guy, or anyone I deem half-decent in appearance. Two, you listen to what I say if it doesn't conflict with my own boundaries, alright? I want you to actually be my boyfriend, not some flirtatious tart," he grumbled, that being how he saw the other after learning of the eagerness he had to work in the town. He didn't necessarily believe it was for the actual employment itself, but to be able to work alongside the fishmonger who had openly called him 'cute'. As paranoid as it was, it was just how he felt, holding very little trust for Reginald at this point. "Now how about we shut up and get some rest?"

--

[[Replied on Trae, and added the names of the roleplays for Archer and the Brothers, don't know if I did it right though...?]]

"I'm not a flirtatious tart," He huffed playfully, puffing out his cheeks for evidence as he glanced over. Why was he even saying this? If he wanted to flirt with someone else, wouldn't he have done that already? The other was being absurd, crazy... Ironically. Letting a shaky hand move to take the other's, he scooted closer as best he could without moving his chest. He loved the man, and whether it was because he was some masochist, or because he genuinely thought the other had the best interest in him, he wasn't planning to leave the relationship too soon. "I've never flirted with anyone in my life, silly. Though I do want to buy some fish from that man, for us to cook. It smells good! I bet he has swordfish... Have you ever had swordfish burgers? My pa would make them sometimes, they're delicious."

"I don't want you going near that man ever again. If you want fish, I'll be the one going, is that okay? Because I don't trust you to remain faithful to me now, and likewise, I really don't trust that douche," he snapped, mostly in his own anger at the situation. He had never seen the man as a threat beforehand, always had thought that he was a nice enough villager, but once coming to attention of the compliment he had dared give Reginald? He was public enemy number one.

"He doesn't deserve your company, okay? He's just a jumped-up, cocky narcissist who you're too good to be around," he finished, reaching to wrap his arm around the boy's waist once sensing that things had reached an acceptance to do so, and it did amaze him a little that, even after the brutal kick and all the attitude, stemming from his own deep-rooted paranoia and possessiveness, Reginald still seemed up for being with him. If the roles were reversed, Tobiah knew there would be no argument in him just upping and getting as far away as he could, but the fact Reginald seemed to b staying put spoke a lot about his love for him, at least that's what he perceived it as.

Letting out a hiss when he felt the heavy arms rest near a bruise, he had to physically move it lower to avoid the aching pain. Once settled in a position he knew would be not only comfortable for him, but his abusive lover as well, he could rest his bloodshot and puffy eyes while pressing his cheek close. "Mm... As long as you pick something good. I don't want me, Bray, and the babies eating anything rotten...."

And, with that, the other was knocked out cold, indicated by his soft snores and the lazy sway of his tail behind him. He was half cat after all, naturally it was pretty easy for him to doze off. Oblivious to the other still stewing in his own anger, he didn't feel obligated to continue the conversation once his request was put in for some fresh fish. The messy haired neko just wanted to sleep at this point, too emotionally and physically exhausted to fight, but still wanting to get his point across correctly. And, in the silence of their darkened bedroom, he hoped the morning would be at least slightly better. He'd take his medicine, fed by his Master as promised, but would also be cared for by that same man when he wasn't working. It was perfect, in his eyes! And that's all he wanted, perfection.

And by morning, whether the other's expectations could be met was not exactly capable. And why? Tobiah was, quite literally, nowhere to be seen. His side of the bed was cold, indicating he had been gone a while, and the fact he had just upped and left without giving Reginald any clue as to where he was going was worrying given he was supposed to be caring for Reginald under newfound rules. Aside from that, his lack of presence was especially worrying when the snowstorm outside, while often frequent, continued to rage, and now was one of the worst for those few months they had lived in their new location.

Though, while the mystery of his disappearance -probably into the town- continued, Braylin was, as usual, making his own presence known through his vibrancy, even despite having to currently juggle feeding the needy pups by himself in the next bedroom. Of course, he knew he could always call on Reginald and have his friend be there for him, despite whatever he was going through, but he had heard the argument through the night, and decided Reggie needed his rest. Little did he realise, of course, that his best friend was currently dealing with broken ribs and agonising pain.

When his baby blue eyes fluttered open, he expected to see the large arms of his lover to be holding him close, nestling in his hair. Yes, the image was idealistic and a bit wishful... But he would at least liked to have seen the other in the same bed. When he was greeted with the chilly sheets, Reginald moved to sit up and was only greeted with a harsh punch of pain followed by a low hiss from himself. Easing back into the bed, he contemplated whether or not to call his friend over and, not wanting to anger the babies, quietly called out for him. "B-Braylin? Can... Can you come here please?" He asked, his tone naturally timid as he clutched the bandage tightly. "If you're not busy, that is.... aha... I need to talk to you for a bit."

As he waited, he scanned the room quickly for any sign of his lover leaving recently. His scent was very faded, though it meant he would have left at least two hours ago. The clothes were all neatly put away, and the blanket wasn't its usual disheveled state... Which was odd, meaning Braylin must have been in here. Peering out the window, his cheeks only grew brighter in frustration at seeing the snowstorm come down. He knew he had the cellphone the man gave him SOMEWHERE... But where?! And where did he put his medicine? He had to take it at a specific time, after all...

"Yeah! Be there in a sec!" came the inu's loud yell in reply, having no such reservations being quiet - there was really no point when the children in his arms were all pretty loud and wailing themselves. Once managing to change them all, dress them and mop them up after their morning feed, he set them in the two cribs set up, with the four separated into pairs, he was understandably a tad nervous about leaving them, but living that scaredy wasn't ideal, especially when it was Reggie needed him.

Bounding into the bedroom with a wide grin, clearly accepting his new role as a parent rather well, especially when he was buzzing with energy that did distract from the still searing pain of his scar, that mass of energy fizzled away at the sight of his friend. The last time he had seen him, Reginald was okay and far from in a bad way, but now? He was bruised and visibly beaten, causing the panicky inu to dart forward, pounce on the bed and urgently scan him for any injuries other than the bruises sneaking underneath the bandage. "...Reginald, w-what the fuck happened?!"

"... You promise you won't tell Tobiah I told you?" He whispered, the idea of his friend being hurt making his stomach queasy at just the thought. "You need to promise me that. I don't want you or the quads getting hurt because of this, you're innocent." After a moment of scanning his best friend's face, he waited for some sign of confirmation before trying to sit up once again only to fall back with a groan.

"Last night, s-some... Something happened between Tobiah and I. We had a fight over a few things, we both got angry, and he... He sort of kicked me. Hard. I think I broke a few ribs, and it's still hard to breathe. I b-blacked out for most of it after, but when I came through he was bandaging me up in the bathroom. I know we made a deal for one another, and I know I tasted blood in my mouth. But that's honestly it, aha... Hm... Where did he go this morning? Was he alright? Or did he leave before you woke up?"

His expression easily switched from evident worry and panic over his friend's state, his hands having moved to cup Reginald's cheeks accordingly to comfort him, though the moment he accepted and comprehended just what Tobiah had done, it did make him boil in rage, something that rarely hit the sweet inu often.

He had hoped, with every inch of his being, that Tobiah would keep himself from lashing out at Reginald. When the two first realised that they were fated to be linked, he hadn't exactly held that much hope in Tobiah to be able to hold back his likeness for violence. Though the months of Tobiah being nothing short of a perfect boyfriend had proved him wrong.

Well, until now.

"H-How dare he... How dare he!" He screeched, furious tears glassing his hazel eyes as he struggled to comprehend the other's painful injuries, hands ghosting over the bandages and bruises. "...W-We're calling the police, a-and then getting you to the hospital!"

"N-NO!" He wheezed, "No, we can't... If he finds out you called the police, he might get in trouble.. Or YOU'LL get in trouble. It's fine! R-Really!" As a rather last ditch attempt to emphasis his point, the boy offered a smile... Though the tears forming in his eyes didn't really help his case. Wiping them away quickly, he instead decided to tug the blanket over his head as his usual coping mechanism when he was in the shared bed. "I'm fine, Braylin, h-honest. Just, please don't call the cops. He promised he'd take care of me when he was around, so it's fine now as long as he holds up his deal. I don't know how to fix broken ribs, though..."

Peaking his head from the cover once again, he shyly lifted his sweater up to expose the full extend of the bruises and bandage for him to see. "He said they can heal on their own, so... I'll just w-wait it out, you know? It'll be fine..."

"Don't bullshit me," he muttered, anything swear-wise that left his mouth always sounding a bit odd given the fact he wasn't someone who swore often. He had always been given the sweet, adorable compliments, and he did live up to that pretty well. At least, in circumstances where someone he loved dearly wasn't hurt and was happy, bur evidently, this wasn't one of those usual situations.

Mindful of his children in the next room, which did prevent him just shouting, or leaving to find a policeman, he stewed in annoyance at realising that perhaps Reginald was right. Tobiah wasn't someone who would let them both get away with telling any authoritative person about the kick. He'd burst a vein, and take it on on them both, and avoiding that inevitability was paramount.

"I'm just not comfortable with... you being h-hurt like this," he grimaced, inhaling hard in shock at the sudden sight of the extremity of the bruises, the dark shades combining to form a large area of the other's side beaten. "It's awful!"

"I know, but.... It could be worse, right? I mean, it ALWAYS can get worst." Wringing his hands, he quickly shoved his sweater down just as quickly as he pushed it up. His eyes darted back to the window to his friend, exposing just how TERRIFIED he was. "... He promised to get rid of the monsters, and he has, so that's all that matters. If he beats me up, or... Kicks me... It's fine. I can handle it, I'm tougher than you think, aha..."

That was obviously a lie.

No, Reggie was ready to leave. He wanted to run away, scream, punch something... But he was bound to the bed, with the urge to bash his head in to stop the rapid thoughts and the worry of his lost master. Not to mention, from the lack of medicine in the last few days, the "Monsters" had returned. He'd see them outside, hidden in corners.... It didn't help.

"Reginald, you're going to listen to ME, is that understood?" He said sternly, though the difference between him and Tobiah was the fact that he said it out of love, whilst the human demanded just to ensure he had control.

No, there was an obvious difference, that Braylin was actually trying to help, rather than try and place down his control and dominance over the other.

"We're going to go, now. I'll call a taxi, and we'll... just go, to a hotel. Get you help. Won't mention that it was Tobiah who hurt you, because the police going to him would cause more drama, like you said. But we'll have to leave. For one thing, I don't want my children being hurt by that psycho, and another, I don't want him ending up killing you next time you piss him off," he mumbled swiftly, already disregarding the other's words for his best interest, moving to hurry and pack a bag despite the fact bending over still caused pain - he was cut open only a day prior, after all.

"Go fetch your stash of money, hon.," he said obliviously with a smile back at him. "We'll use that to get a hotel for the night."
---

[[ Are the other RPs not coming through? I'm not sure how to resend them, it's a bit complicated on this site... c: ]]

Status
Not open for further replies.