This is A Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why can't you stop being a jerk for two minutes and realise he's my best friend and I worry about him, hm? Shut your fucking trap, Tom," grunted Pavor, opting to discuss with Roman deliberately in Russian just to avoid the smart remarks. He did like Tom, a lot, but recently the atmosphere between them was tense, with his relationship with Molly apparently being a reason for that. Though, he had had only one real friendship in his life -Roman- so he could disregard a loss of one relatively easily.

"I can't go to the hospital, my father will find out when one of the doctors there who we pay off now and then for information phones him and tells him how fucking cowardly I am. I can't look weak. My father has contacts everywhere. i'm supposed to run the show, but he has his eyes everywhere-- relax, I'm fine," sighed Roman in English when tiring of the secrecy, easing against the pillows and shoving Pavor out the way of the TV. Roman wasn't a weakling, but moving Pavor was no mean feat, even for him. "Move, would you? I'm watching this."

"...Fine. Stay. Let me stitch you up at least," he reluctantly mumbled, taking a seat further on the bed. "Tom, get a needle and thread, I'll sort this out, seeing as you've been useless so far."​

"I'm a bioengineer, Pavor, I think I know a bit about simple stuff like stitching up wounds," he replied, while shooting Roman a nervous glance. After all, he did feel stupid for not immediately doing just that, but he wanted to respect his boyfriend and master. So, as a result, he shuffled out of the room without much backlash to snatch the appropriate lighter, needle, and thread.

"Surprising, really. You tend to wander about aimlessly without looking like you have a fucking clue about anything," insulted Pavor, though, despite his harsh tone and quiet glares, it wasn't genuinely sincere. His concern over his friend was clearly stressful, because he was smart enough to realise that if Kristoff had done that to his own son, he wouldn't think twice about having Pavor himself ambushed if he showed a lack of ambition. He may love his job, but, like Roman, some normality was preferable... especially now he had Molly, and genuinely felt he loved her.

"Just... you stitch him, I'll fuck it up and ruin his nerves or something," he admitted, backing off a little to let Tom get closer. "I don't mean t snap, y'know. I'm just worried is all. And I don't know where Molly is, it's not right that she's out this late. What time is it? Like, eleven? She should be back by now."​

"That's a bummer," he replied flatly, his reddened cheeks and equally as red eyes being proof of just how upset the insult made him. After all, it was well known that Tom was emotionally fragile enough, so to insult his intelligence? It was more damaging than it was to the normal person.

So, he worked silently to stitch up his boyfriend, thankful to himself to not start shaking mid-stitch. When he finished and tied the thread properly, he left the room without a word, before quietly locking himself in the bathroom, quietly enough not to alarm his parents.

"Oh come on Tom, ignore him," groaned Roman when realising the other was upset. They were mates, so he understood easily whenever Tom was upset, without even having to see him. Watching him head hurriedly out without many words, though, spoke volumes - he didn't need to be his mate to understand he was going to start crying and getting teary.

Shoving Pavor aside with a few stern words in Russian, he tiredly dragged himself to the small bathroom on the landing, leaning against the wall after tapping his knuckles against the wood. "C'mon, it's just me. You know what Pavor's like, he's an asshole sometimes-- he's made me cry plenty of times, and I'm a cold-hearted bastard, so... it isn't a reflection on you if you're upset. He has that effect on people."​

"... you're not cold-hearted, Roman." He said through his tears, though made no attempt to open the door. With his very impulsive condition, it was probably a blessing that Roman decided to actually make sure Tom was okay. His thoughts of doing something dangerous and irrational were present without being upset, so it wouldn't be surprising if he went and hurt himself. Luckily, he hadn't made that move yet as he sat in the corner of the room, his knees to his chest.

"I... I mean, I am pretty useless, aren't I? I can't even help my family correctly, and I'm sure everyone just thinks I'm a waste of space in this house. I-I can't even get a job yet, and I can't even make it so my boyfriend is safe. I couldn't even handle being away from you- I'm just a loser," he admitted, while running his hands through his hair nervously- any stimming was good, and it was the most immediate.

"If you're a loser, I'm sure that makes me the lowest of the low. You're... my boyfriend, I love you. You're the smartest guy I know, and while your family pisses me off, I know they love you. Come on, don't go on like this again, Tom, it isn't good for you," sighed Roman as he rested his head back with a genuinely concerned frown. He had spent enough time with Thomas to know when he sounded like he would hurt himself. He had walked in on him recently with a knife to his wrists, so if anyone knew when Thomas was fragile, it was Roman.

"You aren't going to harm yourself, are you? I... open the fucking door, Tom, or I'll have Pavor come knock it down. He can, you know. He can push a door down easily," he weakly threatened, banging on it himself a little harder, even if he wanted to avoid everyone coming up to see what was wrong. "Or I'll get Megan. I know she can get you to open up."​

After a moment of silence, the door popped open a tad, just enough to prove that he was trusting enough of Roman... or maybe afraid of Pavor and Megan. Either way, he shyly peaked through the crack in the door before looking away and scooting back in shame.

"I'm, um... I-I'm not doing anything, Roman. I bet Pavor is just going to use this to make fun of me again, isn't he? God, I'm such a fucking loser."

"Oh, shut up would you? You're not a loser, though I guess no matter how often I tell you that, you won't listen," he sighed, slipping in quietly and obediently shutting the door behind him in case Pavor did fancy coming in to tease Tom, though even Roman knew Pavor wasn't that cruel.

"Pavor likes you. He kissed you not only a week ago, right? He... He really likes you, Tom. He's stressed. The job's not the easiest. I deal with it by shutting people out, and Pavor deals with it by lashing out at people. It's just our way of dealing with things-- I wouldn't pay him any attention," he admitted, slipping to the floor with a faint groan, though, given Tom was this emotional, he didn't dwell on his own physical pain right now. "...If I'm going to be more honest with you, you could be more honest with me. Like, do you need more pills? I know you hate them, but if they help you, Tom..."​

"I'm not taking those things," he warned, while tightening his grip on himself once Roman sat besides him. "You don't know how they make me feel, a-and I've seen what they've done to my pa. I... don't want to be like him. I'm fine I just... need to stop being such a baby, right? I'm being a shitty boyfriend, aren't I? You shouldn't be dealing with me. You've got enough stress and I'm just making it worse, right?" He asked, his eyes watering as he looked away in shame.

"Huh? No, no... I'm just tired, and I refuse to sleep until you're alright. I'll happily sit here all night if that's what it takes to convince you that you're the best thing to happen to me, and that you're seriously putting yourself down over something as inconsequential as Pavor teasing you. Tell him to fuck off, stick up for yourself. I mean, he'd probably respect that. He's just a jerk, but he cares for you. He'd protect you with his life, I'm sure," he admitted with a faint smile, even if he was aware that Pavor liked Tommy too much at times. He would have ordinarily discussed it with him, but given everything that had happened over such a short period of time, he didn't have the energy to tell Pavor to keep his distance from Tommy, romantically speaking. "Can we go back to bed? I mean, the bathroom floor's kinda cold, babe."​

"I don't know, I don't want anyone to see me like this," he admitted quietly, while moving very skittishly to take Roman's hand, if only to stop his shaking. Pressing his head to the other's shoulder, he took comfort in the embrace alone, appreciating the closeness more than anything at the moment.

"Just, stay for a little? Just for a few minutes. I like it in here, it makes me feel better."

Having been ready to push himself off the floor, the man hesitated before sighing and settling himself down more comfortably with a tired nod. "Sure, we can stay awhile, if you want. I just... I don't want you running off if you get upset. If you're serious about coming to help me out with the guys, you need to develop a tough skin, they're pretty brutal. They have Pavor's sense of humour, and they'll joke around and you can't run off, Tom. Just... talk to me, alright? I'm your boyfriend, and I don't care how menial your worries could be, I wanna hear them."​

"Yeah, but I don't want to seem like such a pussy. I can't handle stuff, but you can. You all seem so well put together, and tough, while I'm... weak, I guess. I want to be like you, you know? Or like my dad, and stuff. I want to be tough and intimidating like you and Pavor, but that's hard. I dunno. Look, let's just get you into bed. My issues aren't any more important than you."

"I'm fine just staying here with you, though, if that's what you want. My back aches, but it's not an issue-- if anything, it's a little motivation for me getting in the gym and working out, to prevent beatings this bad, I suppose. Look, let's just get up and--"

"Since when did you two start hanging out in the bathroom? Can't you go in the bedroom? The bathroom's tiny, and I sort of need to wipe my makeup off," groaned Molly as the girl burst in indifferently and stood opposite the mirror to wipe away the mascara that had seemingly run down her cheeks in some state of upset. Noticing Roman's unsubtle stares, she rolled her eyes visibly and looked at them via the mirror calmly. "I mean, missing my niece's birth is a pretty horrible thing. Then being abandoned by my boyfriend sucked, but hey, fuck me, right? Nobody gives a shit how I f-fucking feel, whatever-- have you been crying, Tom?"​

"I should be asking you the same thing," he replied quietly, his brows raised curiously while moving to squeeze Roman's hand tightly in his. "... Molly, where did you go? You missed everything, and- I'm pissed. I'm really pissed. Why the fuck did you decide to go out the night before you knew Megan was going in?! Like... H-How dense can you be?" He blurted, in his emotional state, he had totally forgotten just how rude it could have come off.

"Pavor told me that we could go on a cute date. We didn't go out drinking, even if he said he could get me into some of the bars. I can't pass for 21, I look like a little kid, so I didn't really believe him-- I had a few beers he bought from the store, and... look, I didn't intend on getting that drunk, it was a spur of the moment thing. It's called spontaneity, Thomas. Idiocy too, but I can't take it back now," she replied sharply, grabbing the wipes from the cupboard to angrily wipe the red lipstick off herself, all while continuing to show her deep grimace.

"Is he here, Pavor? You know he fucked some girl earlier, right? We were pissed off that you all didn't take us with you to the hospital, so we went out to one of the bars you own, Roman, and... I dunno, he disappeared and I found him with some slut. Good thing I haven't mated with him, huh? I'd probably be in agony right now, otherwise," laughed Molly with a false grin on her face, attempting to inject some humour into her comments just to avoid coming across as someone who wanted sympathy. She had been accused of demanding attention in the past, and it was always unintentional if she did appear like that, so she consciously made an effort nowadays to deflect it. "What's wrong with you, anyway? You sick or somethin'?"​

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"Nothing, I just... had an episode. Roman got beat up, I tried to help, Pavor got mad at me, and now Roman and I are in the bathroom. Simple." He replied flatly, while looking down at his mismatched socks. After all, he immediately began to grow guilty. Blaming Molly for deciding to do a stupid decision on the fly, all the while doing crazy things that have ended him in the hospital.

"Look, I would talk to Megan. She's the one who had the baby, after all. Probably talk to Pavor- it'll get him out of my room. If you two decide to fight, or whatever, can you take it outside? Because we need sleep... Right, Roman?"

"You don't want to talk to your sister? It sounds like she's had a tough time, and you have too..." Roman quietly attempted to coax. He was far from being someone who got involved in family affairs, and if he ever did, it was because Megan pressured him too, as seen by the search for Ace. However, he did feel that he ought to at least try and get involved when seeing Molly's expression fall at what she definitely perceived to be a lack of sympathy from her brother. Granted, Roman knew that his boyfriend was probably far too exhausted emotionally to really take in how bad Molly felt, but he also could empathise with Molly and, given how vulnerable she appeared at the moment, having someone appear not to care was hardly helpful.

"It's fine, you go rest up, I.... I think I'll go talk to Pa," she decided easily with a wave of her hand, disregarding Roman's attempts. After he insulted her and called her a bitch when discovering her relationship with Pavor, she wasn't really his biggest fan. "Don't tell Pavor I'm back, I don't want the atmosphere to go bad and sour. Can't babies pick up on that? I... I think I read that somewhere..."​

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"I won't say anything, but you're going to have to talk to him at some point. The house is tiny, and I don't think anyone's going to be leaving any time soon..." Tom reminded wearily, before slowly getting to his feet as well. After his experience of another attack, he did weakly offer his sister a smile, no matter how forced it might have seemed. He felt bad in a sense, especially over the whole cheating, but not a single bit of sympathy was felt over her deciding to go out. "Pa might be out in the garden, getting air or something. The house is so packed these days."

Status
Not open for further replies.