This could be the End...{Rusin}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lana grit her teeth as Kunto disinfected the cuts, the stinging sensation bringing a few tears to spring into her eyes. It hurt, yes, but she knew that this could only be good for the long run. She stayed quiet for the majority of it, leaving the boy to his devices as he continued to work. She watched, but when he finished she looked up him. "Thanks," she said, rubbing her fingers against the bandages before she placed her hands on the ground, listening to him speak. "I don't want to take your sleeping place," she spoke, rubbing the back of her neck. "You can take the tent. I'm used to sleeping outside anyway."

He looked at her and then said "I don't sleep in the tent. I let others use it to sleep in. I may have it, but I prefer the outside so that I can be ready is something comes. Also, it is easier for me to protect whoever is in the tent. So, go sleep in the tent. You could use a good night's rest with a tent and sleeping bag." He pulled out a sleeping bag and handed it to her as he laid down and looked up at the stars that were just coming out.

Lana listened to him, still not believing the things that he was telling her. How could some guy, some random guy at that, be so generous in a world that was ready to eat you alive if you so much as lost focus for one second. It didn't make any sense to her. Actually, it confused her greatly. Yet... It gave her a little hope. While she had only had the luck of running into rude, crazed people who tried to kill her at first glance, maybe there were still people out there who had a sane mind. Maybe there still were people out there who cared for others, like him.

She sighed, but nevertheless nodded at what he said. "You really do have everything, or at least everything you would need in a place like this." She laughed lightly, though finding the situation not all the funny. It just made her realize all the more how she was completely unprepared for everything. Guess some habits just die hard, huh?

"But thank you, again." She took the sleeping bag and looked at it, her fingers trailing over the material. Something to meaningless like a sleeping bag was now so important during this time. Oh, how they used to take things for granted.

He smiled and then said "You are welcome and yes. I try my best to be prepared." He closed his eyes and then thought for a moment. "Oh. We will have to leave early in the morning if we don't want to run into any patrols from the beasts or one of the crazed human groups." He told her before he relaxed and slowly started to fall asleep.

"Right," Lana spoke with the nod of her head as she looked down to see that Kunto had fallen asleep already. She envied his ability to just relax and fall asleep like that, not even seeming to care about anything that could be lurking about. She didn't understand... How could he stay and be so calm in a time like this?

She sighed before she peered out into the distance again, determined to know that there was nothing in sight before she headed into the tent. When the coast seemed clear, she backed up and laid the sleeping back down in the ten before she plopped down on it, not even caring to cover herself up. She was hot anyway, so that didn't matter. Besides, this beat laying on the ground all night. Sure, she could feel a few rocks and what not under her, but it was not a prevalent as it usually was. This was nice. Nice, but weird.

It made her miss her bed. It made her miss her old life, despite the fact that she knew that she could do nothing to go back to those days. Those were long gone, unfortunately.

Lana started to close her eyes then, the sudden heaviness of sleep overpowering her, before she became unconscious.

He listened to the sounds around him as the slept and didn't hear anything through out the night. The next morning, as the sun was just coming over the horizon, he woke up and looked around them to make sure everything was still there. He finally sat up and stretched before he walked over to the tent. He opened it up and then said "Hey, Lana. Wake up. We have to leave soon."

((Sorry I haven't replied in a while. I haven't been feeling too well, but I'm feeling better now, so I can start replying again.))

Lana groaned when she heard Kunto's voice, merely opening her eyes a little so that she could get the appearance of his face. And while his words had processed through her mind, and even what he had said the previous night about having to leave early before those beast came on patrol, she didn't want to leave. Not yet anyway. Not while she was finally getting a decent night's sleep, something that she hadn't had in so long. She missed it. A lot.

But nevertheless she woke up, groaning again as she sat up and stretched her arms. "Okay, I'm up." She spoke, grogginess evident in her voice as she spoke. When she had finally woken herself up, she rolled the sleeping bag back up and then headed out of the tent, handing the object back to the boy. "Thanks. It really helped."

(Okay. Glad you are feeling better. :) )

Kunto made sure they had everything before he heard her come out. He looked back at her and smiled a little bit. "No problem. I am glad that it helped." He said before he got up to go pack up the tent. He soon put all of the stuff away before he sat down to eat some of the meat and drink some water, advising her to do the same before they left.

She drank a little water, as well as ate a little meat, but, out of habit, she only ate a few bites. Lana was definitely underweight, but that wasn't so much of a concern anymore. "Yeah, it did help. A lot." She smiled a little before putting her few items away and standing up, her head turning from left to right to look in every direction. A shiver was sent down her spine as she looked at the empty wasteland, wondering how this place looked before all of this happened. Before the world changed. "I think we should go now. Like you said, better early than sorry." She shrugged.

He ate a little bit as she also ate. When they were done, he grabbed his things and then nodded. "Let's go." He said before he patted her shoulder and then started walking in the direction of the creatures' main town. He was really hoping that they wouldn't run into any patrols today. He hated beast patrols.

Lana nodded her head and started following Kunto as he started walking, shrugging her shoulder a bit as he pat it. That was weird, but she pushed the thought aside and continued, shaking her head in the process. But as the continued walking, when she thought she heard something she stopped right in her tracks, her eyes widening a bit. Was that... A growl, or something? "Where exactly are we going?" She questioned, a bit of a quiver in her voice.

Kunto looked back to her when she stopped and then looked around. "We are headed towards the main city of the creatures. There are a couple other cities along the way that might have something we can use." He told her.

She stopped as he spoke, scared now. "Wait, so you want to head towards those beast?" She asked, incredulous. What was he thinking? Didn't he realize how dangerous doing that was, didn't he realize that they could easily be killed, especially if there was more than one. Sure, he had been able to take down that one by himself, but could he take down more? Sure, Lana would probably be a little help, but she knew that she could quickly become overpowered by one of them.

This just didn't seem right. "Yeah, but are those 'something we can use' really worth it?"

He listened to her for a moment and then stopped walking. He looked back at her and into her eyes. "Is it worth it? Is the possibility of ending the peoples' suffering worth it? Is the possibility of ending all the killing and bloodshed of both those beasts and humans worth it? I think it is. I want to end all of this. I want to end all of this because of what I saw when they first came here. So, yes ending this is worth risking my life." He said to her before he turned around and started walking again.

Status
Not open for further replies.