This could be the End...{Rusin}

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Carrying something in them?" She tilted her head to the side, intrigued yet confused all at the same time. "Like what? Meteors are just rocks, right? It's not like they can hold any kind of cosmic powers... Could they?" She furrowed her brows, beginning to think that maybe that idea wasn't so far fetched. After all, there monsters had invaded their world, coming from a different dimension, and what could sound any more unrealistic than that?

He shrugged and then said "I don't know but it is just a feeling. Anyways, you can still travel with me if you want. I wouldn't mind the company. Think about it and I will talk to you in the morning. Goodnight." He turned back over and looked outside before he closed his eyes. He slowly started to fall asleep.

"Right... Good night." Lana watched the boy as he fell asleep, but then quickly looked away when she figured that staring was rude, and a bit creepy not to mention. She frowned and leaned her head against the wall, sighing as she pushed a few strands of hair out of her face. To not travel with him, or to travel with him... That was the question, but what could be so bad about it? Sure, she didn't necessairly trust the guy very much, but he did protect her and save her from the beast that had chased her. Without him, she'd probably be dead.

And besides that, she was curious about what he was looking for. If what he felt was true, could what ever the meteors carried with them stop these beast? Could they end up getting their world back, so that they cold try and rebuild society like it was before, or make it better? That seemed like a long shot, impossible even, but what seemed impossible seem to happen more often now, so not very many things surprised her.

It was all just too much, and after a headache started to pound in her head, Lana decided to close her eyes and try to get some sleep, not that she had gotten much since this entire 'new world' happened. A good nights sleep was only something she could dream of now. But eventually she did fall asleep, falling into a restless sleep.

Kunto woke up the next morning and looked around for a minute before he stepped outside. He looked around and made sure no one or no creature was around. He came back inside and sat at the doorway. As he ate his bag of meat, he was always on alert during the day.

The storm that had passed through was gone by the time the sun had rose, creating a humid air to hand in the area. Though they were still packed in that little crevice, the humidity was beginning to get to Lana, causing her to wake slowly, beads of sweat pooling around her face. She groaned as she wiped her face with her shirt, pushing her hair back that continued to stick on her face. Her back was sore, actually all of her muscles were sore, but most of all the pain in her neck was more bothersome than anything. She tried to crane her neck to the side, wincing at the feeling, but, like usual, she pushed the feeling of pain aside. At least she was alive, though she was beginning to wonder whether or not that was something she wanted to continue doing.

Rings cold be seen under her eyes, and as the sun crept its way up the sky, sending light into the little hole the two people occupied, Lana's tattered appearance could be seen more. Her hair disheveled, messy. Rings under her eyes, signaling that she had not had much sleep in a long time. Her clothes sporting holes and tears, dirt and mud marks... But it was all she had. The scratches on her knees and elbows from last night had scabbed over and bruised a little, but, like she had said before, it was nothing to worry about.

She rubbed her eyes before squinting, watching as Kunto came back into the hole. She wondered how long he had been awake, but decided to keep her question at bay and decided to stay silent for a moment. She shifted her body a little to sit straight up, a frown gracing her features. "Morning," she merely spoke.

He didn't hear anything because he was focused on keeping watch. When he heard her speak, he looked back and smiled a little bit. "Been a while since I have heard that. Good morning. How did you sleep?" He asked as he scooted aside so that she could get out and stretch if she wanted to. He turned back to keep watch in case any creatures were passing by. He was kind of hoping that she would travel with him because he was tired of traveling alone.

Lana snorted, running a hand through his hair after listening to his words. "Yeah, I haven't heard that in a while either..." Her voice trailed as she looked back outside, noticing that Kunto had pushed himself against the side so that she could get out if she wanted to. She did want to get out, just to get out of the stifling area, but she decided to stay put and just sit there, pulling her knees up to rest against her chest, basically the same position she had put herself in before.

"And I slept... All right. Can't complain much I guess, given the circumstances." She shrugged, shaking her head. "At least there was something covering our heads. But what about you?"

He nodded and then said "I slept well. Could have been better, but it's how I have been sleeping recently. Anyways, are you going to take my offer? I would really like the company on my journey." He looked back at her and then waited for her answer.

She could definitely understand what he meant by he could have slept better, if only because that was the same thing Lana told herself constantly, but she pushed the thought aside, figuring that it was pointless to dwell on the matter any longer. Besides, just thinking about it would make her even more tired, and she knew how detrimental that could be to her health and well being in this world. His question had caught her full attention anyway, and as she bit her lips to think about the answer, she already knew what she was going to say.

"Having a travel companion couldn't be all that bad, no?" Trying to feign interest in the offer, she didn't want to show him how desperate she was to have someone around that didn't want to kill her. "So yes, I'll travel with you. Who knows, maybe we'll even be able to feed off of each other's strengths?" She gave a small smile, knowing that she hardly had any strengths to show, other than the fact that she was able to run long distances, as well as run for a while, thanks to her cross country background.

Kunto smiled a little bit and then faced her. "Well, I am glad to have a traveling companion starting today. May we help each other out until we die, complete my quest, or go our separate ways." He said before he stuck his hand out to shake her hand.

Hesitantly, Lana extended her hand out to shake Kunto's hand, nodding her head at his little statement. It reminded her of some type of oath, something that she felt she had to actually follow, but she figured that they would see. Every day came challenges and new, unpredictable things, and only venturing out would show those events. "Hopefully we won't die throughout this."

She dropped her hand then, wrapping her arms around her legs shortly after as she took in the situation. It made her sigh, but nevertheless she was relatively happy about it. This should be better than being alone, right? "So you mentioned the meteors before," she mentioned, looking back at the guy. "Where are they?"

He pulled his hand back and put the bag of meat away. He looked outside for a minute and then looked back at her. "They landed close to where the beasts came in but I think that they were moved to a museum near by before the creatures came. We need to go check the museum." He said to her as he took a canteen out and handed it to her so she could drink some water.

"How far away is the museum? Or which one is it?" She took the canteen and took a swig of water, not taking much since she wanted to save the resources. She handed it back to him then, wiping her mouth with her arm before she took out her bag of meat and ate a few pieces of it. Not too much, as usual, but she figured that it would be enough to get her by. She wanted to eat more though, oh how she longed to have a home cooked meal by her mother, bu she knew that those thoughts were only fleeting. "Do you think it'll take long to get there?"

He looked at her and took the canteen back before he said "Well, it is the one on the edge of the town that the creatures first appeared in. It will take us about a week unless we find some bicycles and a decently clear road. Then it might only take us a couple of days. Well, only if we don't run into any trouble. Which I highly doubt." He sighed as he took a quick sip of the water and put the canteen back into his backpack.

"While you might highly doubt us finding any trouble, I've learned in this world to expect the unexpected. Besides, trouble always seems to find its way with these monsters walking about." She shrugged, having learned that lesson a while ago, and even recently. Usually when she figured that nothing would happen, when she would get those few spare moments to herself to relax, something would always happen.

"But, I guess we should start heading out then? Since it'll be a while for us to get there, regardless, and to be honest I would much rather travel throughout the day, like now, then have to travel at night." Though the thought of having to travel so far for such a long time, it almost excited her a little. With the curiosity running through her with wanting to know what it was that he was looking for, it almost made her anxious to see what it really was. Almost.

She crawled her way out of the hole then, looking this way and that to make sure that nothing was around, and when the coast was clear and stepped out and stood up, her bones popping as she stretched her body. It hurt, a lot, and her body protested against her movements, but she willed against the aches and waited for Kunto.

Kunto listened to her and then nodded before he started getting ready. He moved out of the way for her to get out as he made sure they had everything. He soon came out of the hole and stretched a little bit. He looked around and then took out a compass from his pocket. He made sure it was in the right direction before he put it away and then started heading towards the town they needed to go. He looked back to make sure she was following him.

Lana waited for Kunto to exit the little hole in the wall before he stretched and started walking away. Quickly she followed behind him, soon making her way over to walk right next to the boy, and then she started looking around the area, a sense of nervousness washing over her, making sure that nothing was around them. Though she saw nothing, she couldn't help but feel scared, always knowing that those creatures were out there, somewhere, lurking in the shadows, or even in just the broad day light. It was unnerving, yes, but at least there seemed to be nothing in their presence.

Kunto looked around a little bit as they walked but didn't say much. They walked all day while stopping to take some breaks for food and other things. As night fell, he looked around and found a good spot to camp for the night. He pulled out a tent and then put it up before he started to build a fire. After everything was ready, he sat down on the ground and looked at her. "Come here and let me see how those cuts and scrapes are doing?" He said as he motioned for her to come sit by him.

As the day wore on, and as they continued making their way through this town down town, Lana be extremely happy when they would take rest every once in a while. Her feet were beginning to hurt, her legs beginning to cramp, but always she pushed through it, always wanting to not seem like a burden to Kunto. After all, he was the one who asked her, and while he was definitely a lot stronger than her, she knew she couldn't compare to the things he knew how to do. He was a survivor, and she was just lucky to be alive.

When they finally stopped for the night, happy that they had run into no trouble throughout the day, when the boy pulled out a tent and set it up, as well as started a fire, she couldn't help but stare in wonder. "You sure do have everything, don't you?" She muttered under her breath. A very prepared person he was, Lana came to the conclusion, something that she was not. "I told you, the cuts are fine." She sighed, but nevertheless she sat down next to him and stretched her legs out. She had to admit, as she looked down at her legs, that the cuts seemed to not be doing any better, and she would be a lie if she said that they didn't hurt a little. They were still bruised over, red and irritated in some places, while purple and nearly black in others. She frowned at the sight, but looked up at Kunto.

He looked at the cuts and scrapes for a minute before he pulled out a first aid kit. He disinfected the cuts and scrapes before putting some bandages on them. He made sure that the cuts and scrapes were bandaged up well before he put the kit away. He looked at her and then said "Also, I am well prepared. I like to be. Anyways, I only have the one tent. You can sleep in it tonight."

Status
Not open for further replies.