ThinkerRock Camp for Young Superheroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I added another weakness! Yay for asphyxiation! :D

I think the drawback could be a bit heavier, since I doubt it will come into play.

Whenever I made a wind character once a upon a time, I made them asthmatic which is something I can relate to because my lungs are shit.

I think the drawback could be a bit heavier, since I doubt it will come into play.
What's heavier than asphyxiation which can impair or kill brain cells, cause coma or death as well as possible internal bleeding?
I didn't give her asthma because I wanted her to actually be able to use her powers, not keel over as soon as she tried to generate any wind at all.

You're saying it's over the course of a few hours. I doubt that will come into play. And you have to understand that wind manipulation is a powerful ability if applied right.

You're saying it's over the course of a few hours. I doubt that will come into play. And you have to understand that wind manipulation is a powerful ability if applied right.
So what do you want me to put?

Perhaps she gets lightheaded and dizzy when she uses it.

What's heavier than asphyxiation which can impair or kill brain cells, cause coma or death as well as possible internal bleeding?
I didn't give her asthma because I wanted her to actually be able to use her powers, not keel over as soon as she tried to generate any wind at all.
I can see it now. She's about to blast someone with her air breath when she breaks out into a fit of coughs.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
The asphyxiation did work.

I just thought she needed another one.

Probably should have told me that before I deleted that part.

Should have, but if you add it back, she's accepted.

We need an earth bender, and a water bender to complete the four classical elements, and if we get a power replicator in here, we can have the avatar.

Reactions: Heathen
I'm gonna get a post in soonish.

Should have, but if you add it back, she's accepted.

We need an earth bender, and a water bender to complete the four classical elements, and if we get a power replicator in here, we can have the avatar.
Actually my muse for that character has died so I'll probably think of something else later.

Basic Information

Name: Marcus Shane
Nickname/Alias/Etc: Animal
Height: 5'5
Weight: 125lbs
Reason for Attendance: Assault, Vandalism, and Several Counts of Indecent Exposure

Appearance

Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Physical Appearance: To put it bluntly, he resembles a common, skinny leprechaun. All average-framed and red, curly hair. Skin is a rather fair. He also has freckles all over his shoulders. His facial hair is also red and in the form of a chin strap. Marcus was given a round head. Ears are rounded and stick out. His chin is a bit small, and the cheek bones are rounded as well. His eyebrows do dip slightly, giving him a Irish resting bitch face. The nose is freckled but not very large. The eyes are green and are sharp looking. His lips are thin on a smaller mouth. This guy has a LOT of body hair, and it is red. Very red. Freckles line his body. The body shape resembles that of a finesse athlete. Nothing sticks out, in the body shape department. He has a surprisingly nice smile and a small mole on his cheek.

Attire: He tend to lean towards greens, reds, and blacks, with a more casual look of shirt and jeans.

Personality

Personality:

ESTP STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

ESTP STRENGTHS

• Bold - People with the ESTP personality type are full of life and energy. There is no greater joy for ESTPs than pushing boundaries and discovering and using new things and ideas.
  • Rational and Practical - ESTPs love knowledge and philosophy, but not for their own sake. What's fun for ESTP personalities is finding ideas that are actionable and drilling into the details so they can put them to use. If a discussion is completely arbitrary, there are better uses for ESTPs' time.
  • Original - Combining their boldness and practicality, ESTPs love to experiment with new ideas and solutions. They put things together in ways no one else would think to.
  • Perceptive - This originality is helped by ESTPs' ability to notice when things change - and when they need to change! Small shifts in habits and appearances stick out to ESTPs, and they use these observations to help create connections with others.
  • Direct - This perceptive skill isn't used for mind games - ESTPs prefer to communicate clearly, with direct and factual questions and answers. Things are what they are.
  • Sociable - All these qualities pull together to make a natural group leader in ESTPs. This isn't something that they actively seek - people with this personality type just have a knack for making excellent use of social interactions and networking opportunities.
ESTP WEAKNESSES

• Insensitive - Feelings and emotions come second to facts and "reality" for ESTPs. Emotionally charged situations are awkward, uncomfortable affairs, and ESTPs' blunt honesty doesn't help here. These personalities often have a lot of trouble acknowledging and expressing their own feelings as well.
  • Impatient - ESTPs move at their own pace to keep themselves excited. Slowing down because someone else "doesn't get it" or having to stay focused on a single detail for too long is extremely challenging for ESTPs.
  • Risk-prone - This impatience can lead ESTPs to push into uncharted territory without thinking of the long-term consequences. ESTP personalities sometimes intentionally combat boredom with extra risk.
  • Unstructured - ESTPs see an opportunity - to fix a problem, to advance, to have fun - and seize the moment, often ignoring rules and social expectations in the process. This may get things done, but it can create unexpected social fallout.
  • May Miss the Bigger Picture - Living in the moment can cause ESTPs to miss the forest for the trees. People with this personality type love to solve problems here and now, perhaps too much. All parts of a project can be perfect, but the project will still fail if those parts do not fit together.
  • Defiant - ESTPs won't be boxed in. Repetition, hardline rules, sitting quietly while they are lectured at - this isn't how ESTPs live their lives. They are action-oriented and hands-on. Environments like school and much entry-level work can be so tedious that they're intolerable, requiring extraordinary effort from ESTPs to stay focused long enough to get to freer positions.

Hobbies/Interests:

• Sports
  • Action Movies
  • Video Games
  • Dancing
  • Gaelic/Celtic History
  • Pranks
  • Being Irish
  • Anything Risky enough to keep a hold of your pants
  • Animals (In general)
Skills/Talents: Given his power, it behooved him to constantly look into what animals are out there. He wanted to be able to turn into every animal there ever was because it would be wicked awesome. As a result, he has a lot of knowledge on the Animal Kingdom and uses it to his advantage. His parents are also immigrants, directly from Dublin, Ireland and they kept all the culture they could. So he is also knowledgeable on the subjects involving that heritage. Of course, some of the Americanization of that culture also gives him the jollies.
Prized Possession: His freedom
Quote(s): "I'm bored. Lets go (something stupid and probably dangerous)" "You are about to about to be smacked around by my shamrock, boyo."
History/Bio: Marcus has always been a wild boy. Fighting in school, spray painting, being naked, has always been apart of his childhood. He was brought up, by the hand, and it ended up turning him into someone who like bringing others up the same way. Of course, anytime he did fight, there was a reason. A reason that was only justifiable to him, but one reason nonetheless. The lowest reason he fought was because a kid purposefully took his seat (when he was sitting alone). The highest reason being that someone had been abusing their boyfriend, so he though it might be nice to show the other guy how not to treat their partners.

Oddly enough, not once did he discover his gift while playing the scrappy jester. It was while they were on a boat to America. They were trying to find the American dream after their own house burnt down from...well no one knows actually. It was all hush hush by their neighbors and their father was oh so quick to get their belongings and get the hell out of Dublin.

He was playing somewhere, with his siblings, where they shouldn't have been. Hide and go seek. A classic. Unfortunately, when he stumbled upon some of the crew dealing drugs...it turned into Hide and Try not to get killed. His sisters didn't have a clue where he was and went back to Mom and Dad. They assumed that's where he went. Marcus stay in the corner and tried to be as small as possible. Eventually one of the criminal crewman came by a looked directly at him. He squealed. "Nothing but a rat, back here." A what? It was true. He had turned into a rodent. From then on, his whole life had took a turn. He was a hyper human. With haste, he ran all the way back to their hovel. His family looked upon him with surprise as they jsut seen a naked Marcus standing before them.

Nobody could know. They agreed. Unfortunately, someone from down the hall didn't agree and reported them to the captain. They tried to take them in the night for questions. They were hoping the family of 5 would come quietly. Instead, it was a family of 4 and a large bear. The crew all abandoned ship and Da took over, as he was in the Irish navy for over a decade. Docking successfully, the family took refuge in a condemned warehouse. That was 5 years ago.

More recent past shows how his family rose from the ashes to make something of themselves. They have their own house and Da owns a shipyard. Ma helps run the business and the good sisters go to school. Much to their dismay, Marcus turned into a little rebel and spent most of his days and nights out on the wrong side of tracks. He was always looking for the next thrill. Which usually ended up being scaring some kids as a moose or some other random animal.

Eventually, the police got enough reports to go out searching for these random animal sightings and found Marcus tagging a wall, as a spider-monkey. Unfortunately, a tranquilizer dart thwarted his escape and the next thing he knew: Camp Thinkerrock.

Family: All Alive
Mom: Moira 39
Dad: Dennis 45
Older Sister: Pam 17
Little Sister: Reagan 12
Relationships
TBD
[Character name] | [Impression (Good/Bad/Neutral]] | [Relationship (Friend, Rival, Crush, etc)] | [Character's thoughts [EX: I think Bob is quite the amiable fellow, has a great head on his shoulders, wouldn't want anyone else on my side]] |

Abilities
Power Class & Rating: Class: Super-System - Bestial Rating:
Power: Animal Morphing

The power to transform into animals.
Capabilities

The user can transform into animals, as well as use the abilities, traits and appearance/physiology of animals by rearranging their own DNA structure. Users may be able to transform into alien animals and/or animals they have never encountered, such as Dinosaurs.

Applications

• Transform into animals.
  • Posses the special abilities of animals (such as a poisonous bite from a cobra or the sonar of a bat.)

Weaknesses/Drawbacks:

Weaknesses

Limitations

• Reverts back to original form when unconscious or asleep.
  • Marcus may not be able to change genetic coding (meaning blood type, gender and DNA coding).
  • Staying extended periods in single form may start affecting the users behavior or even make them forget their true self.
  • Can only change into whole animals. Meaning he can only be one at a time, and has to change his entire form.
  • Has to have seen the animal to be able to change into it.
  • Absolutely can NOT alter dimensions of an animal beyond it's normal capability. Example: Can't be a 2 ton wasp or a 12 oz blue whale.
  • The move he transforms, the more exhausted he becomes.
  • While he can still understand humans, he can not speak while in animal form.
  • His clothes do not change with him. Often he ends up naked.
  • Shifting causes pain.
  • The larger or smaller the creature is, the greater the pain.
Other:

Sample Post: "Do you mind? I am trying to be a frog?"

"Oh hush and come eat your stew. It's getting cold and you aren't getting anything else."

"But Ma--"

"Listen to your mother, boy. After all, who else is going to wash your clothes for you?"

The woman scowled and put a couple of carrots on the little red haired girls plate.

"I already had two, Mama!"

"Yeah, had two. Ate one and gave the other to your brother. Think I can't count to five, little girl?"

Reagan was silent but obeyed. The eldest girl was just finishing up her plate and smiled to her mother who gave her a kiss on the forehead. Marcus jumped off the still changed back just in time to receive underwear to the face. Moving quickly, he sat at the table and began shoveling it into his mouth.

"Whoa whoa, slow down, Tiger. You will make a mess you keep that up."

"Sawwe Da."

"Don't talk with your mouth full, and maybe we can go and see about getting that animal book you wanted."

Marcus's eyes lit up. That book he had wanted for a long time. It was big and had plenty of new animals he was unfamiliar with. Da snapped his fingers.

"Eat first. Your mother works hard and deserves to she her boy grow up big and strong."

Last edited:
Hrrrrrrng

Could you change the color of the text? It's absolute eye-rape when you look in the spoilers.

Oh god, my eyes. What have I done!? lol

Darkened the spoiler text.

Hmmmm....

"Users of Shapeshifting Awareness will see their real forms.

Users of Absolute Restoration may forcefully revert the user to their real/previous form.

Users of Mind Reading can read the user's mind and know who they truly are.

Can only change into whole animals. Meaning he can only be one at a time, and has to change his entire form.

His transformations will still have his look. Reddish fur, freckles, etc."

These aren't weaknesses or limitations at all. Most of them are painfully obvious or won't come into play. Only weakness I can suggest is that it's painful for him to transform.

Other than that, I want you to expand upon his appearance and power section a bit. He's a little heavy for someone who's 5'5.

Status
Not open for further replies.