ThinkerRock Camp for Young Superheroes: The IC Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Eh I am a delinquent, probably worse. That shit i said on the bus was legit. But Scary only for those who piss me off. So far you've managed not to do that so I follow the golden rule. Helps with survival on the streets. As for the brat-" she said referring to Jago and then the sounds go off. Mildly curious she went out with the others and looking at the scene says "someone got shived here, or knawed on." she says. Was it her or was that blood steaming a little? @Polystical @Mr Allen J

Lupe & Diego Bellemont.

"Ah, a friend of yours, Iego?" Lupe asked Diego, bumping his shoulder. Some little girl, who dragged a little boy, walked up to Diego. A cute little black girl. Lupe had to admit that the Asian kid was cute too. Wonder how they got sent here. But whatever. They weren't her problem here. She shifted her weight to one hip (Putting a hand on that hip) and looked down at the two. Crossing her arms. She looked at Diego, who seemed to be interacting with them more than. Hell, the two didn't even acknowledge she was here. Figures. They are young after all. Though, there was that brief look. "Hi," Lupe said. With a forced ear-to-ear smile. Her usual routine worked fine when she was talking to people her age, but she had to watch what she said and did around children. Since they're a whole new thing entirely.

The first thing Diego did was scratch the back of his neck. Jeez. He did forget about Shiloh. With the chaos of the boys cabin, and the speech, he kinda forgot. Is that his fault? Yeah, he blamed himself for that one. "Yeah..." He groaned, looking away. His gaze fell on Lupe, who shrugged. Damn. He's gonna be handling this one himself. "We can finish later, but first I have to get back my guitar." He felt like he was dodging the question of was he okay. He couldn't answer that question. Sure the wound's gone, but he got attacked by something.... He didn't want to be looking over his shoulder all the time.

'Luther... he knows something, kid. There is something out there. It was no bear or lion. A beast, yes.' Agni whispered in the back of Diego's head. 'You should go kill it.'

"No, Ag-" Diego almost said out loud before he caught himself. Last thing he wanted to do was announce that he had a Demon within him. Or that he says weird random things sometimes. Save that for later. 'No- Actually, how do you suppose we go about finding it?'

'It's a beast. What you did to it had weakened it. It's likely hiding, licking it's wounds. It couldn't have gone far.' Agni said. 'But allow me to put it in another perspective... It was a beast on the prowl for food. You were it's prey until you had proved you weren't easy. It will get desperate.' Time stopped. The world froze. Everything began to burn away. Lupe, Shiloh, Cody, each of them erupted into flames. Until there was nothing left. But a memory. 'It will come closer to camp, go for the people you care about. That little girl you've taken a shining to.... would you want her to get hurt by that thing?'

Diego immediately clenched his fists. And the "tattoos" on his body started glowing with a firey light. Visible through his black clothes. Heat emanated off his body. What Agni was doing was low. Trying to get him to fight and flex his power. He hated this. Hated it, hated it, hated it. 'No, I don't. I... I'm going to find-.'

"... You okay there, Diego?" Lupe asked him. Realizing that he was standing there. Not a word came out of his mouth, but he had that look on his face like he was going to say something.

That was when Diego realized what he was doing. He huffed and deactivated his power. The lights and heat dispersed fast. He sighed. "I'm fine. Nobody needs to worry about me."

'Good, boy. You're finally getting it.' Agni said. While Diego couldn't visualize it, he just knew the apparition was smiling. Grinning in some sort of sort pleasure. He hates this.

Diego tried to regain his composure. He shrugged. "Yeah, I just tripped and cut myself in the woods. Clumsy me." He said to Shiloh. While there was a beast out there, he didn't want to scare these kids. So he was just going to pass it off as some self inflicted injury just to keep them fine. This was his fight against the mysterious "beast of the forest", and he wasn't going to drag them into this. Alright, if he's gonna do this, then he's going to need some help.

Lupe got tired of standing around outside. Time to head into this stupid Lodge. People were gathering in there, and she had better things to do than stand around and talk to kids. The party was in there and just waiting for her! "How about we continue this conversation inside?" She asked, before she dragged Diego inside by the wrist.

"Hey, wait!" Diego didn't want to pulled away from Shiloh so fast, but whatever. He just felt Agni rolling his eyes.

Inside, Lupe stopped for a moment, and looked around. She turned towards Diego, "I'm going to use my magnetic personality to get some people to help us. You stick around. Adiós!" Lupe strutted off. Now, if she was going to tackle this monster Diego spoke of, then she's going to need some help (AKA. People to watch her thrash it). But who? She noticed some other black girl, a few years youngers than herself, walk in, along with a few others. While this girl wasn't too interesting, she could be of use. If not, then she'll be useful elsewhere. "Oh, yoohoo!" She exclaimed to Darcy. "You wanna talk, sista? I got much to talk about!" She made sure to force a lot of her accent into her speech.

What a... Well, Diego didn't know what to say. There was such a contrast between himself and his sister that he didn't know how she could do it. Diego found himself sinking up against the wall, with his hands in his pockets. Alone in his thoughts... Not exactly.

He has Agni.

Zoe absolutely had no clue what to do. All she could do was stare down at Diego as he was suffering from his wounds. She had never seen anything like this, someone so badly injured. In that moment she felt useless and powerless to do anything. Why was she even here, she thought. All she could do was turn herself and other things invisible. All the other kids here probably could do spectacular things and there was just her. Zoe fought back the urge to cry as she looked around, unable to process what to do with the bleeding boy right in front of her.

Just in time, other campers came to the rescue causing a sigh of relief. That big tall guy she was eyeing earlier was the first to come along with the red head. Once again, she felt completely helpless when he had asked if anyone could heal. Zoe simply shook her head, not saying anything but looking into his blue eyes. She caught herself staring too long before looking away. When that Hispanic guy came to help Diego up, she could see his blood dripping on the ground, noticing slight smoke rising from it as if it was acid. What was he? What could he do? Zoe shook the thoughts from her head as that wasn't important at the moment. He needed to be taken to the nurse as soon as possible which Marcus possibly went to go get after he left.

The girl from the lodge soon came to join them. Zoe had been surprised to find out Diego and her had knew each other. They were probably related since they almost looked alike. Soon after, the staff came by to take the wounded boy to the nurse. Biting her bottom lip, she followed the other campers to the lodge where she took a seat at the couch. What was in the woods that could do that to someone? Was it safe to be here with something like that out there? Zoe was dying to grab her phone and call her parents to get her, however another groan escape her lips after she remembered there was no reception at the camp. She felt like was fucking Amish. Zoe didn't feel safe at this place. If anything were to happen to the blonde, her dad's lawyers would be involved and her parents would feel like shit for sending her to Camp Hell.

"Oh my god what's going ooooon," the blonde groaned as she buried her head into her arms. This whole situation stressed her out which wasn't good mixed with her fluctuating hormones. It wasn't long before Diego and the others came back into the lodge. Thank god he was okay, not thanks to her. She looked up and rested her head on her knees which were brought up to her chest. That Lupe girl seemed very loud. Zoe hopped that loud didn't mean rude and obnoxious. She sat there as she called out to Darcy, wondering what everyone was planning on doing next.

Ben allowed himself to be shuffled in the lodge by one of the counselors. While Ben was positive staying here would be far better than any of his other options, it was very nerve wracking for the small boy. He glanced around at the other teens (and children) in the room. Oh God they were all really intimidating. Ben tugged the corner of his bottom lip into his mouth as he kept glancing from one person to the next. He hoped he wouldn't be noticed immediately...
He'd already set the few belongings he had in the cabin, but he was then ushered into the lodge without much explanation. He was hoping to get settled in a bit more before meeting the other campers, preferably only a few at a time, but looks like things were not going his way since he was now in a room with quite a few people. He stood by the door for a few minutes, thanking his stars no one noticed him yet. Unfortunately, he felt a tickle in his nose. Oh no. Oh please not now. Ben brought his hand up to cover the kitten-like sneeze that came from his lungs. He flushed brightly. Maybe no one had heard it?

Shiloh Warren, #54060F
The young girl stared at Diego's friend for a moment before giving her a brief wave. Cody stood stock still next to her, saying nothing. Shiloh was sure that if she released his arm he would run off. The boy was skittish like that, Shiloh had found out during the brief time she shared with him. He was the type of kid to get scared of his own shadow. Or a kitten. Shiloh sort of found that annoying, but she didn't have many friends, especially not ones near her own age, so she didn't want to let Cody go so soon.

Shiloh inched closer to Diego and her mouth formed an 'o' of surprise. "You lost your guitar?" But before he could answer, the older girl--who Shiloh decided that she didn't like--started pulling him away. Shiloh followed them, pulling Cody along behind her.

When they entered the lodge, Shiloh let go of Cody and went to stand next to Diego against the wall. "I'll help you find your guitar." She said. "It'll be easy." At the moment, flying was her strongest suit, and she was sure she would be able to locate his guitar in a matter of minutes. Plus she wanted to spend more time with Diego. She was sure that if she stayed behind the girl, would probably ruin her and Diego's friendship. She'd already interrupted their conversation after all, and Shiloh wasn't about to let her do anymore damage.

Darcy Moore, #F562A6
"Oh, huh?" Darcy spluttered a little taken back at the sudden announcement from a girl she had never seen before. Well, she had seen her with the bleeding Hispanic guy earlier, but she didn't recall seeing her on the bus. Maybe she as a new arrival? Either way it seemed like she had info on what was going on.

"Yeah, do you know what happened earlier? I saw that guy--Oh, wait he's right there!" Darcy blinked in surprise at the state of the guy. He was totally, fine. Well kind of, his clothes were a mess, but at least he wasn't bleeding anymore. Although the remnants of dried blood on his shirt made Darcy a little queasy. She quickly looked away and turned back to the new girl. "He was totally bleeding earlier. Do you know who did it or um, what?"

Cody Park, #ABC2D1
When Shiloh released his arm, Cody attempted to follow her but stopped in his tracks when he saw who she was headed towards. Cody didn't want to be around the big Hispanic guy, because he seemed scary and plus, he didn't want to have to cross the room. There were so many people inside the lodge...He didn't even want to be in here anymore. He felt his nerves starting to become jittery and began backing up towards the door. But suddenly a small sound...Something like a sneeze sounded off behind him and he jumped, stumbling in his haste to flee and bumped into somebody.

The small boy whirled around and found himself face to fa--well, really more like face to waist--with a green eyed blonde haired boy, and apologized profusely, well he tried to. "Uhh..." He began, his voice like a squeak. "S-s-s...Sorry-y."

Last edited:
Ben made a small 'oof' when the boy bumped into him. He blinked down at the younger boy in curiousity. He seemed nice... or at least non-threatening. After a few moments of examination, Ben smiled softly down at Cody.
"It's alright," he said, voice soft as his smile. He stuck his hand out, hoping that his hand wasn't sweaty (that would be mortifying).
"I'm Ben."
He hadn't expected there to be such young children here. By the looks of it, the boy in front of Ben could be no more than nine or so. Despite Cody being half his age, Ben wasn't going to discriminate against (hopefully) a friend, or at least an acquaintance.

Wrecker nodded to Diego's warning watching out for his blood. But just as quickly, the priest was snatched away into much more capable hands. Checking to make sure there wasn't any blood on him, he relaxed. It was out of his hands, because he did what could be done. A place to sit down would be good, be he didn't want to go to the cabin. Looking off a ways, it seems some of the other campers were heading that way. He even spotted Marcus heading into the building. Must have found someone to help after all, or seen that it was under control already. Better go there then. Briskly, Richard made his way to the lodge.

"So, I see you are up and walking around again. The nurse I badgered for you actually did her job, hm?" Marcus smiled, happy to see Diego again so soon. Not to mention he helped, so that inject some extra pride into his veins.

The door cracked open, as Richard made his entrance. "Excuse me." He said putting a hand on Ben's shoulder, before slipping by. He nodded to Marcus and smiled at Diego.

"Well hello there man. Good to see you out."

Diego Julius Bellemont.

Oh, no, no, no. Diego didn't want to get Shilo-
'The child will only get in our way when we hunt down the beast...' Agni mentioned.

That, and Diego didn't want Shiloh getting hurt. That would present a problem if the monster shows up again. She's small, likely weak. While Diego wasn't a pillar of strength himself, he knew exactly how to carry himself and fight. If it came down to it, it would be him incinerating whatever is out there with Lupe. In that case, the less people he has with him, the better. Less collateral damage. Another boy, that redhead from the bus, walked up and told him that he was the one who got the staff. He didn't know Marcus all that well, but he had to thank him for that one. Then more people came in. This Lodge was getting mighty crowded. Uncomfortably. He was wondering how many people would tag along. And why. He had to take things one thing at a time. He hoped no one else overheard his quest to get his guitar back, so he h. Starting with Shiloh. Looks like her "partner" had wandered off to talk to someone else.

'On second thought...' Agni said, 'They will be great for luring that thing out, don't you think? Hahahahahah! It won't be able to resist an all-you-can-eat buffet!' His demon's laughter filled his ears. It was nonstop. It was exactly like he was trying to screw with him.

And Diego did his best to ignore it as he turned towards Shiloh. He got down on one knee so he's on level with Shiloh's face. He said to her, "Yeah, you can come, but just stick with me." His plan was simple. Get his guitar, come back to camp, and while everyone is doing whatever, he defeats the monster with Lupe. He stood straight up and looked around at everyone else, "The same goes for everyone else." He said. The boy had a hunch that everyone would be coming along, whether he wanted to or not. So there's no point in trying to go it alone. Diego knew everyone was too headstrong. Too eager to flex their muscles. If they weren't going to turn their strength on each other, then, hell, they're gonna turn it on a monster.

His attention was turn to Marcus. The redhaired guy who was hanging around Richard (Or "Wrecker"). Diego nodded his head at Marcus, and replied, "Yeah, thanks for that." He stepped in closer to shake his hand. "I don't know what would have happened if that Nurse hadn't helped me." He shrugged. He didn't know what would happen. In fact, he didn't even think about it. Best to keep those "happy" thoughts in his head. Either way, he needs to get going.

"If you all are going to help, then you should see about getting a few more people to come with us...."

Lupe Ellie Bellemont.

"Diego?" Lupe said to Darcy. "Yeah, he's my little brother." She announced. People were going to find out anyway, so she got it out the way now. If they didn't figure it out already - the nose gives it away. Lupe had continued, "Something had attacked him... I don't know what, he's rambling about some "monster" but it was probably an animal." She shrugged as she sat down on the table. "He left behind his guitar, and it's really, really important to us, sooooooo, I'm looking for some people to come us so we can go get it back." Lupe was not going to beat around the bush here. She wanted to strike up a crowd, and she had everything she needed to do so. She had the looks, and the personality to do so. Lupe was just magnetic! So far, the girl looked pretty nice. Though, she didn't exactly look like "most" girls. Well, that sounded a little narrow. What Lupe meant was that there was something off about Darcy. That was something Lupe picked up. Not that she has any experience with those of non-binary genders. Then, again, it wasn't like she cared either. Because people should be free to do as they please. You wanna kiss the same sex? Go ahead. It wasn't important as people make it out to seem. Lupe knew that more than anything. Long as they didn't shove it in her face, after all.

At the corner of her eye, Lupe eyeballed a girl who was watching her. Nice. She was smoking hot, and had a great taste in clothes. Dossied up like a little Barbie doll. While Lupe liked more "urban" outfits, Zoe's clothes were nice too. Though, it wasn't like she was getting the hots for Zoe. While she was... open, to such relationships, her preference tends to fall on men.

Bianca soon followed Diego, wanting a crack at the beastie and an excuse to fight. She got denied earlier but this might make up for it. "yoh going for a revenge trip right? Mind if I tag along? my fight earlier got cancelled and that itch needs a scratch. Plus I know my way around my power..." she offers them hoping they'd let her come on the hunt. She had exprience with some feral animals, she lived on the streets after all, so she had a vague idea on how to deal with them. her three tier bear trap was a nasty little construct.

After Diego was taken care off Enrique couldnt be bothered with anything else. He had to find out what the hell it was that did that to his arm. Had to have been some kind of wild cat, maybe a bear even. Enrique didnt like the idea of that thing coming after him when he decided to go look through the woods. So naturally he had to go to the scene of the crime to figure out what the hell went down. After a bit of walking he found where the incident happened. The bushes were scorched, but not all of them burned entirely. It looked as if some of the fire had just died instantly, as if it had been sucked away. He looked and saw Diego's guitar a bit farther away, near a rock. The rock had burned patch in front of it, but he figured that was where Diego had activated his power in order to fight the thing. But why so far away from where the beast was. Enrique looked around the area for more signs, he looked through the burned brush for any sign of the thing that did all this.

"This is some crazy shit," Enrique said picking up some ash. He didnt realize it until now but the beast could be anywhere around here. It could be sneaking up on him right now, it could be ready to cut him up like it did Diego. He grew a small boomer in his hand, smaller than a small marble, just enough to make a sharp bang. He hurled it towards the ground about a foot in front of him and made a dash back to the clearing. When he got to the clearing he turned around expecting it to be there, he had his hands open and prepared to make more boomers but closed his hands when nothing was there. It was eery, to know something capable of killing you was just sitting out there, maybe even watching you as you thought about it.

Ben shuffled up to Lupe after listening in (he wasn't eavesdropping they just didn't notice he was there is all!) on her conversation. If there was some kinda wild animal someone could get hurt, particularly the animal. He figured if he was there it was a better chance of both the animal (most likely a wolf or perhaps a mother bear) and the other campers coming out of the interaction unscathed. Also it would make him seem at least some what capable of socialization, even though watching a teenager fight a wild animal should not in anyway be a social activity.
"Uh, excuse me?" Ben asked quietly, tapping Lupe's shoulder.

"Then lets go. Marcus you are faster, go see if you can't round anyone up."

Following a small nod, Marcus grabbed the door to let himself out. He did feel that this was a rash move, there wasn't anything that could be done to stop it. So the young man could at least go to support the group and maybe we will even take it down. It might have just been a fearsome woodland animal anyways. In which case, should be easily countered and subdued. Either way, Marcus was moving away from the building and towards the way they came. He had hoped to find anyone else that was willing to fight. This was a camp full of teenagers. There would be people willing to fight or at least show off. Teens were good at that.

Wrecker moved and spotted that pair a pretty eyes and tight end on the couch. Awesome. An excuse to talk to her finally. His approached was methodical but friendly. He slowly sat and smiled over to her.

"Hey you."

His voice was deep but in a soft tone. Blinking slowly, his blue eyes met hers in an attempt to keep them above the neck. She knew that there was beauty on the surface. He was just curious if there was any under it. And assuming he didn't forget, he might ask her on the little adventure they were organizing.

"My name is Rich. What's yours?"

Status
Not open for further replies.