???
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Shake a tin of dice and tell me what numbers they give you.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, an assortment of others. Ask and you shall receive (an answer).
I'm just curious. Some mildly embarrassing things all the way to those behaviors or ideas that would make you crawl under a rock if they ever got out. They can either be a chronic embarrassing habit, or something you've done in the past. Or something you believed once. Let's see 'em!

For me, I have to sing the alphabet in my head.
I used to think the Earth was flat and that there was another world on the other side of the map.
I legitimately believed dragons were real after watching a Discovery Channel film. I debated everyone on their existence.
The first date I went on with my girlfriend involved me tipping back in my chair and making a complete fool of myself. I didn't get over it for a month.
I used to call my teachers mom. Only early elementary, but I was aware enough to be embarrassed by that.

And, as always, your turn.

Last edited:
Haha - The alphabet thing... I do that, too XD

I also love to sing, but I hate when people hear me, so sometimes when I'm home by myself I'll pop karaoke on youtube and just... belt it out XD Sometimes... I record it haha.

It's obviously not never if we are admitting it now =P

I sing the alphabet in my head.

It takes me forever to read an analog clock. I don't really know how.

I can't count back money. So I have to use a calculator in front of the customers.

I used to be obsessed with trying to kiss my best friend and would often ask if I could then never did.

sometimes I act out scenes to stories while I'm trying to fall asleep

probably the most embarrassing thing tbh 8(

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine

I thought I was the only one who did that. It must be a creative mind thing.

Welp, now the list of peole that I know who do this keeps growing, lol. Me and my best friend do this as well... So does my brother. So, uh, yeah.

My thing is holding actual conversations with my animals. Though I get that from my dad who does this with his dog...

Me too. Well, mainly dialogue. Some have really fun inflections. TwT

Ugh. The amount of yes I have for this is... unreasonable *LOL* I actually LIKE 'acting' out scenes - though maybe more daydreaming them than anything - makes them feel more realistic !

I guess most people sing the alphabet in their head and act out story scenes (though I only act out the dialogue, because unlike the rest of you I'm a sane person - a sane person who gets told to shut up and go to sleep at 2am for talking with myself, that is).

So like, it's fairly obvious on Iwaku - I really, really hope this is obvious - but I like animé. O'course, I would absolutely never tell anyone this in person because my shyness is a tad extreme. You've no idea how hard it is to scope out a store's manga section from 20ft back while pretending to read a cookbook or something else I can't do. That's about all of the things I'd never admit until someone else comes along to break the ice first and keep me from looking the oddman out.

Reactions: Navuso
I also recite the alphabet. I work at my school's library and whenever I'm shelf-reading (reading call numbers to ensure they're in order), pulling or returning books I occasionally have to sing the alphabet to myself to ensure I've got the order right. But I guess I'm not truly opposed to admitting this.

I suppose I really can't think of anything I wouldn't readily admit because I also don't think about those things very often. Otherwise, I'd probably have been pressured into admitting them already.

nothing I do is embarrassing to me

its only embarrassing to other people

I have embarrassing moments only to know what it feels like

#boss

Reactions: Dipper
Still use my fingers when I count :x

• Love
Reactions: Greenie

?? If the posts I come across on Tumblr are any indication, this is a pretty common thing. XD I do it, too. And even if it wasn't so common, I still don't see what makes it particularly embarrassing.

Now, the things that actually happen in some of the scenes I imagine? Those are the things I won't admit...

I legitimately believed dragons were real after watching a Discovery Channel film.
Same -- except, in my case, it was due to those Dragonology books.

Reactions: Dipper
Status
Not open for further replies.