Things You Wish People Told You about Growing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Time will speed up.
  • Everything you do is a game that will end. And there's enough time if you start now. But you have to start now.
  • You can do anything, it's circumstance and hard work that decides, not society ,and not how you perceive yourself.
But, if I was to put something that changed my life, that someone should of and did say to me.. It would be something my mum said to me as I sat with her in a parking lot at the age of 5 or 6. I had been going over what people wanted to be when they grow up in class. And I didn't know. People said fireman, people said police, people said doctor. But I had no idea what I wanted to be, because I loved art, but I thought you couldn't make money in it at that time as I was told young that no-longer-true statement that "artists die poor".

So, I asked my mum what I should be, and she said "anything you want". But, not satisfied as it wasn't a specific answer. I ended up asking probably the most heaviest question I could put on myself at that age, "Mum, why did you have me?", and she simply replied "To make a difference."

In many ways, that stems who I am today, and what I've set my eyes to achieve.

There is no such thing a free. No matter what, you'll have pay for it in some way, either by sacrifice, or time, you will pay for it.

No one knows how to mind their own damn business. It doesn't matter how much you try to keep to yourself, there is always going to be someone talking about you.

The older you get, the bigger your problems become.

There really is no cure for stupidity. It doesn't matter how much you try to help a stupid person, they're going to keep running into the same brick wall until they finally get fed up with it.

It's better to have fewer people in your life who actually care about you, then try to hold onto the people who you think you're supposed to care about.

Family is important, but not everyone remains loyal to those ties.

Most importantly, you make up your own rules as you get older. You're not chained to how your parents do things. You do things the way they work for you.

Most importantly; the saying that your children are ten times worse than you were as a kid is factually accurate! (Remember this boys and girls, when you decide to have babies of your own. Unfortunately, my kids took after my husband and he was a terror from the start.)

that people in ethiopia would starve if i didn't eat all the food on my plate

what bullshit

they still starve whether or not i finish my plate

i still finish my plate because i continually commit the sin of Gluttony

Dont obess on your weight
Time flies
Enjoy high school while you can.
Your only friends with some people because you see them five times a week.
Quit being a heartless bitch
Quit caring so much

Status
Not open for further replies.