Things you try not to think about

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try not to think about what it would be like to die without knowing the feeling of a lover's warm embrace.

I try hard not to think about how many hours I've got left in a work day. Helps make the time fly on by if I just keep my head down, get my work done quickly and piss about on the web when I've got the time.

The amount of germs and stuff people leave on door handles and railings.

The fact that my body functions properly without me being aware of it, like all the wee processes that goes on with cells and nerves and muscles and stuff.

My future, since it's a scary thing and I have little to no control right now.

That the air is filled with dust and road particles and fumes and gasses and other shit that we breathe.

That this woman on the telly makes my gaydar go beep beep beep.

I try really hard to not think about the many ways I could potentially die during my daily routine, but that's nearly impossible for me.

Reactions: FireEater
I try not to think that when I take the bus home the bus is actually some bus smuggling thingy and drives off the main road and takes us to spooki place.

The Life, the Universe, and Everything.

I try hard not to think about the people I let down.

About my entire life? Which works fine as long as I am on the PC :3

Also black people drinking Sunny D.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart and Brovo
"Also black people drinking Sunny D."

This sounds so bad out of context.

I try not to think about how many times I died in Dark Souls 2. I try not to think about how close I was to snapping the disc in half and eating it to show that I was indeed the king of my castle and the master of my fate.

When I'm driving at night, and I look down a dark street, I try not to think about the slight possibility that there could be some kind of ghost/creature thing staring back at me, or of the fact that some killer might have snuck into my car and is waiting for the right moment to slit my throat.

I also try not to think about how many times I just want to drive off a bridge. :p

I try not to think about the checkout clerk judging me when he or she is ringing up my purchases. This is usually the case when I've gone grocery shopping and I've bought something nice for myself, a sweet or something like that.

Reactions: Kagayours
I try not to think about the checkout clerk judging me when he or she is ringing up my purchases. This is usually the case when I've gone grocery shopping and I've bought something nice for myself, a sweet or something like that.

Oh yes, this, definitely.

Okay, sort of a funny story:

I've only ever been high twice in my life. One at a bowling alley with friends (which is actually more fun that it sounds), and another right after schooly junior year of high school.

Anyway, right after school, a couple of friends and I got high (this was my first time ever doing so), and we needed to go back to school to work on a project. Well, we stop by the local market and I get myself a bottle of Brisk Iced Tea. I go to the self checkout and ring up the purchase, then try sliding in the dollar to pay.

Well, the machine isn't taking it in. So I'm sitting there, freaking out and trying to shove the dollar in so that I can pay for my drink. My thought process immediately goes to, "fuck, I broke it and I'm going to have to pay for this whole thing." I call the self checkout attendee person, and tell her that the machine is not taking in my dollar. She takes the thing and tries putting it in.

At this point, I'm trying not to think about if my breath smells like weed, or if I look like some total dumbass, or if she knows I'm high and was now judging hard.

Anyways, turns out the machine had not been working before I even got to it, and I just paid the girl and went on my merry way.

Looking back on it now, it was one of the funniest things ever.

Walking in a public space with majority being adults who have obviously failed basic simple fuckin' kindergarten hygiene etiquette and not goddamn coughing into their sleeves, elbow or shoulder and wondering if I'm currently standing in ground zero for the 20XX influenza pandemic.

COUGH INTO YOUR FUCKING SLEEVES, YOU FILTHY GODDAMN PLAGUE RATS.

Reactions: Lady B
Walking in a public space with majority being adults who have obviously failed basic simple fuckin' kindergarten hygiene etiquette and not goddamn coughing into their sleeves, elbow or shoulder and wondering if I'm currently standing in ground zero for the 20XX influenza pandemic.

COUGH INTO YOUR FUCKING SLEEVES, YOU FILTHY GODDAMN PLAGUE RATS.
Reading your posts always brings a smile to my face.

My posts bring a smile to everyone's fuckin' face.

And just to keep this shit on-topic: I try not to think about the wet end of paper towel dispensers in bathrooms with no air-dryers or whether or not what looks dry is dry... from having been wettened.

Time is fuckin' money, but takin' precaution to make sure your hands are FUCKING DRY AS POSSIBLE BEFORE REACHING FOR THE PAPER TOWELS IS NOT THAT GODDAMN HARD. WHY THE FUCK DO THE SINKS LOOK LIKE A DAY AT THE LOCAL WATER PARK WHEN YOUR ASS IS DONE SANITIZING YOUR SHIT FROM YOUR OWN PISS WHEN I GET TO THE SINKS. FUCK'S SAKE.

Status
Not open for further replies.