The Great Dictator.

If you don't cry, you have no heart.

The Warriors (1979)
Cross of Iron (1977)
Predator (1987)
The Hills have Eyes (2006)
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1966)

Reactions: Bread-and-Butter
anime wise or non anime wise, also animated or non animated.

Anyone, we have posted animated movies too

1.The Green Mile
2.Crimson Peak
3.Red and Red 2
4. Homeward Bound
5. Haichi (The American Version is the only one I've seen.)
6. Marley and Me
7. Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I don't know how this got under my radar.

But holy shit.

Fate/Apocrypha actually happened (albeit as a rebooted production called Fate/Grand Order)!

@Gwazi Magnum

I NEED THIS NOW!!! <3

(I already know of the game, but I'm hoping this means an Anime is also a possibility)

Reactions: Razilin
American History X (1998)
Magic Voyage (1992)
The Salton Sea (2002)
Snatch (2000)
Hard Candy (2005)
Rock-A-Doodle (1991)

The Green Mile
Oooooo! I love, love, love that movie! If you don't end up crying like a baby though, you have no heart.

I know right, gets me every time.

The Room- It's so bad it's entertaining. I don't know if 'bad' is even an appropriate word for this trainwreck, but the bottom line is you need to see it to believe it.

Okay now for some actual good ones:

Prince of Egypt- Even if you are not into biblical/religious stuff (I'm not, and it's hands down my favorite thing ever), this is an amazing movie with complex emotions and great execution.

Cat's Don't Dance- it was heavily overshadowed by the success of Disney when it came out (does anyone even remember it anymore?), but this Warner Bros animated musical is good fun, great music, and... an evil Shirley Temple analogue??? (*The entire movie can be watched in parts on youtube ;D )

The Great Mouse Detective- I am starting to realize my 'good stuff' list consists entirely of animated musicals. Oops.

Cat's Don't Dance- it was heavily overshadowed by the success of Disney when it came out (does anyone even remember it anymore?), but this Warner Bros animated musical is good fun, great music, and... an evil Shirley Temple analogue??? (*The entire movie can be watched in parts on youtube ;D )
Oh yes, I do! Highly underrated. And a great "fun" movie.

And I throw in this:

• Thank You
Reactions: Poludnica
Oh, another great film that must be watched:

One of the few watchables Van Damme movies, of course he do his split/butt shot but the movie is still good enough.

A Monster in Paris. I would link the trailer, but I don't think it captures the feeling of the movie very well. Or maybe I'm overthinking the bits of drama sprinkled throughout it.

Reactions: Brovo
Want weird Asian movies with subtitles?

- The Jade and the Pearl (翡翠明珠)
A pretty good romcom based in Ancient China.

- Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame (狄仁杰之通天帝国)
Really weird action mystery plot but it's kind of original?

- The Thieves (도둑들)
Pretty stupid heist film but I laughed a lot.

Lars Von Trier at his finest. Beautiful metaphor that explores depression dressed up as sci fi. Warning: brings you down like an anchor.

The Rover.

This is a weird Australian Post-Apocalyptic film that's at the complete other end of the spectrum that Mad Max and other apocalyptic films are in. It has the Vampire from Twilight, but this is easily his best role. He's actually pretty good. The film has small bits of action interspersed with a lot of driving sequences with music. I won't spoil the plot, but it's worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.