Things We Take for Granted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, oh! Imma win this one:

1. Modern plumbing in general: Running water, flushing toilets, showers?! There's still some places without that.

2. Electricity: Not only do I have a refridgerator that keeps my food fresh and lights to use when it is dark, BUT I can also toast my bread, cook my food and more without lighting stove pilots OR building a fire.

3. The internet: Not only is it faster than postal mail, it is also faster than couriers of the avian and human variety. That's just one cool thing it does. It's also a perveyor of entertainment and information. Apparently, there were times when the common people didn't know how to read... and at one point something called a card catalog in libraries that told you what sections books were in, if they even had them.

4. Modern medicine: Not only do we not use things like leeches and wishful thinking... We also have cures for otherwise deadly diseases, debilitating mental illness and broken bones. I for one am happy I didn't need to pick out a dying hole when I broke my leg.

5. Agricultural Advancement: Once upon a time, you had to catch your food. Now, not only do we mass produce it, but its delivered into your neighborhood. Or to your house. I mean, I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't think I could chase down a deer, leave alone kill it.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.