Things that will get you banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) How can I, too, escape all responsibility for my comments?

2) Why you so edgy?

3) Are all mods, admins and authority figures really liars who shouldn't be trusted?

4) How come I haven't heard of the site you were an Admin on? Surely I would have by now.

5) Have you ever considered suicide?
I get your point but perhaps avoiding sensitive topics that should not be mocked would be much more pleasant.

However, I agree with you for the most part. Apart from the suicide section. No, just no.

That's pretty much what it's saying, yes.
And dont be a pedo/adultophiliac.

Cause adminstafferators get smited the second they do wrong. So when they don't...it's likely the member that's getting banned's naivety or jerkassness that's getting them banned.

Does that mean I can hack the site without fear of banning? And steal everyone's personal information? I lack common sense. PLEASE EXPLAIN CUZ I AM SO LOST!!!! Will I gets the hammerz? Do I need to bend over? /lost expression

Reactions: Grumpy
Does that mean I can hack the site without fear of banning? And steal everyone's personal information? I lack common sense. PLEASE EXPLAIN CUZ I AM SO LOST!!!! Will I gets the hammerz? Do I need to bend over? /lost expression

Those fall under the realm of Being an asshole! And thus, getting banned!

Reactions: Mid
Was that... smartassery?

Probably, yes.

*Continues brandishing his "STAY ON TOPIC" banner*

I can't help but wonder how the hell you monetize the website. Is it all thanks to donations?

I realize you probably don't make fat stacks from Iwaku, but it's gotta make some kind of profit, right?

/Trying to un-derail this runaway train of a topic.

I can't help but wonder how the hell you monetize the website. Is it all thanks to donations?

I realize you probably don't make fat stacks from Iwaku, but it's gotta make some kind of profit, right?

/Trying to un-derail this runaway train of a topic.

No profits. O__O If we don't get enough donations at the end of the month, it comes out of the pockets of me and Mr. Gibs. Any EXTRA donations go towards the next month or put back in to Iwaku via licensing updates, new features, server upgrades, or prizes for contests and special events.

Iwaku is our hobby and love, not a business!

Right.

Since I just assumed that with these "Shaky" (And awesome) rules you're not gonna get money off of Ads. I'm a dirty scum and run Adblock, so I don't know if there are ads on the site.

Right.

Since I just assumed that with these "Shaky" (And awesome) rules you're not gonna get money off of Ads. I'm a dirty scum and run Adblock, so I don't know if there are ads on the site.

We have zero ad sponsors. 8D We did have google ads once, but they cancelled us for click activity fraud, just when the site suddenly jumped in numbers. >> Which is sad, cause it was finally paying the bills itself. We've tried other ad banner services, but their ad targeting and payouts sucked and weren't worth making people look at.

The only ad banners we have are ROLEPLAY AD banners! O_O The adblock also blocks those off, so you might wanna check your adblock targeting if you wanna see roleplay banners from rps on Iwaku.

Sonic-waiting.gif

You might want to rethink about some of those questions.......
No, I'm good. Thanks.

However, I agree with you for the most part. Apart from the suicide section. No, just no.
Okay, you win. Maybe he could just get horribly burned in a fire.

Or savaged by a hedgehog. For the irony and shit.

I'm a flexible master-baiter.

Yes the roleplay ad banners will get blocked, so please whitelist Iwaku!

That said, @Diana is there any chance you could appeal or something with Google to try to get those ads back? I'd love for Iwaku to actually pay for itself without donated money if that could be possible.

Yes the roleplay ad banners will get blocked, so please whitelist Iwaku!

That said, @Diana is there any chance you could appeal or something with Google to try to get those ads back? I'd love for Iwaku to actually pay for itself without donated money if that could be possible.
I tried appealing and they denied the request. ;__; In the end we are not profitable for them, and our site content can be a bit questionable for their policies. >>;

*Bludgeons Asmo with his banner*

I swear to all the unholy fucking gods worth noting, the next motherfucker to continue this shit is getting spanked.

DON'T MAKE ME LOCK THIS THREAD. COS I WILL.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Maybe this is sidetracked, and shouldn't be asked here, but reading all this prompted the question in me what happens if two teens have a libertine roleplay together, and one of the two has a birthday, turns 18 and then thus officially belongs in the adult section.
Does that mean that from that point on the roleplay is forced to stop because one of the two can't access it anymore?
Technically only one day passed, but legally the older one belongs to a different category. What happens then or how would one deal with a situation like that?

(Doesn't apply to me, as I'm well on my way to my 25th year)

Maybe this is sidetracked, and shouldn't be asked here, but reading all this prompted the question in me what happens if two teens have a libertine roleplay together, and one of the two has a birthday, turns 18 and then thus officially belongs in the adult section.
Does that mean that from that point on the roleplay is forced to stop because one of the two can't access it anymore?
Technically only one day passed, but legally the older one belongs to a different category. What happens then or how would one deal with a situation like that?

(Doesn't apply to me, as I'm well on my way to my 25th year)

This is a good question! Yes, legally they would have to stop. D: People who are 17 and about to roll over to 18 should prolly take that month before their birthday to wrap up any Libertine roleplays they have going on. That way they don't leave partners in the lurch. People can also have their roleplays pulled out of the graveyard when their partner's age catches up to them.

Is also important to know that we check ages, and no one will get in trouble if their age rolled over and they still have roleplays up with teens that haven't been closed or archived yet. We always check dates, ages and circumstances if something gets reported.

But it's just my opinion. That means you can't get upset. Doubly so if I post a picture of a hedgehog.

Anyway, as former Admin of Iwaku, I will say this:

The staff are great people, and they have a rigid system in place. They research every case and look at it from all angles. What's more, they have the experience and the technology to back up their investigations. There's no side-taking or gut-instinct stuff going on. It's always an informed decision, or as informed as it can be when the "he-said she-said" bullshit hits the fan. I've seen (and helped create) the steps involved in the disciplinary process.

Those who get banned are banned for a reason. You may think it's just a harmless bit of child abuse, but you're wrong. You have the opinions of 10+ people, who are likely much smarter than you, counting against your dickery.

Listen to those people.

Fairly sure that's happened a couple times, actually. In such an event, we legally can't let the RP continue until both participants are in the same age bracket. If the distance in age is fairly close we can always archive it, but if not then it's just one of those things.

Diana doesn't have these rules in place because she's a fun-hating fuck (that's my job). They're there to keep folks protected legally.

No, I'm good. Thanks.

Okay, you win. Maybe he could just get horribly burned in a fire.

Or savaged by a hedgehog. For the irony and shit.

I'm a flexible master-baiter.

getting burned in a fire?

Oh hello invincibility box
sonic2invincibilitytheme.gif

oh hello fire shield

s3-aiz-boss1img2.png

I'm perfectly safe
SonicRelaxing.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.