Things that make you go Hnnngh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tattoos. Oh my god tattoos.
Looks get me interested, but personality is what keeps me.
Humor and intelligence. Especially a goofy/dark sense of humor.
And you have to like animals. You don't have to be a crazy cat or dog person, but at least think animals are cute and/or sweet.

Ok, that was for girlfriend material. Now for the male chauvinist take on it.

For white girls: I'm attracted to damaged goods. Just trashy, tatted up, daddy issue type of girls.

For black/mixed girls though, I prefer refined and classy. I don't know why there's such a huge difference for me.

I have a thing for tomboys.

Or you know... Ladies.

Handsome women. I mean handsome women.
The lady in tux.
Miss Male-class.
Something like that.

Brains are a turn on.
It's also a relationship builder.

A good sense of humor helps.
Sarcasm + Satire = Long lasting relationship.

The willingness to try new things is on my list.
Vacation, Vacation, Vacation, Here try some!

Joint fitness with moi is hnnngh.
Hnnnnnngh ~<3

Regular sex drive is great I bet.

I couldn't deal with a chick that's constantly in heat.
While I'm sure it'd be cool at first... I'd honestly get tired of it.

And short-long hair.

I couldn't care less how large a chick's twins are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glasses get me every time. I don't know what it is, but girls that wear glasses are just super freakin' adorable (probably cuz I wear glasses). It would also be nice if she was at least somewhat competent at gaming; not necessarily an avid gamer, but if I can play video games with them and not just get super frustrated with them like I do when my parents try to play games, that's a pretty big bonus in my book. Also, singing, if a girl can really sing and has a great voice, you've pretty much just instantly won me over.

I'll ask for short hair, then long hair. But really, I love her all the same.

A man with pale-colored eyes of any hue, particularly with olive or dark skin. I prefer lots and lots of ink except on the face, and that he be lithely muscled. Hair - on the head or body - does not normally sway me one way or the other, but untended back hair is a no-go. If this same man loves dogs (big dogs only need apply), is creative one way or another (writing, visual arts or music), and was born to be a 'sheep dog,' and is either in the military, a cop or a fireman? Just wrap him up, I'm taking him home...

Suits and uniforms, or any kind of classy formal attire, is very very attractive. On both men and women. Something that adds authority and style, or just a sense of power, is hugely appreciated on my part.

And a personal favorite of mine would be bears. Not the kind that lives in the woods behind the farm I grew up on, but the gay kind of bear. But only if he has excellent personal hygiene. And maybe not the biggest of bears, but somewhere around the middle range, lest he could accidentally crush me with a wayward twitch of his arm and be none the wiser.

And of course, a nice Scottish accent. Or Irish, "British" or Australian.

Reactions: Hope
Suits and uniforms, or any kind of classy formal attire, is very very attractive. On both men and women. Something that adds authority and style, or just a sense of power, is hugely appreciated on my part.

And a personal favorite of mine would be bears. Not the kind that lives in the woods behind the farm I grew up on, but the gay kind of bear. But only if he has excellent personal hygiene. And maybe not the biggest of bears, but somewhere around the middle range, lest he could accidentally crush me with a wayward twitch of his arm and be none the wiser.

And of course, a nice Scottish accent. Or Irish, "British" or Australian.

Accents are indeed sexy

My wife has an aussie rose one that gets me an extra 1.5 inches harder every time I hear it

Intelligence, first and foremost. I like a woman that doesn't make me feel as if I'm talking down to her by way of having to frequently explain things that seem pretty simple to me. If she can't keep up with the variety of crap I like to talk about (cool science stuff, all sorts of philosophical questions, things going on in politics, various current social issues, and so on) and actually form her own thoughts and opinions on them, then I pretty much lose all romantic interest. Having a long and intellectually stimulating conversation with a woman almost qualifies as foreplay for me, so yeah, definitely a hnnng-worthy thing.

I also like independence and confidence. I like my alone time, and clingy people are awful. I don't have any desire to be someone's validation machine to keep them from having some kind of emotional breakdown due to non-existent self-esteem. If a woman can actually be her own person and not be dependent upon me physically or emotionally (or financially, but that's of lesser importance than the other two), then that's a huge plus.

Sense of humor is also important. If a woman can't deal with my sense of humor or can't make me laugh with her own, then things probably aren't gonna work out.

A number of these answer's reminds me of something else: Has to like me for me.

As in, if the person is only attracted to me because of my appearance and/or job then it's a deal breaker.
I'm not into relationships for the sake of image or prestige but for personal compatibility, so if my personality isn't at least part of what they're attracted to then it won't work out.

Jorick specifically also reminded me of another thing too though: Enjoy's dark humor.

I don't do it as often on this forum as I do IRL or on Skype Chats (mainly because I'm bound to offended people and have them sick admins on me if I do) but I love dark humor.
Racist jokes, sexist jokes, murder jokes, rape jokes etc. All are fair game, so if someone is going to get offended by a certain material/kind of joke or humor then it's probably a deal breaker as well.
Same applies to topic's of discussion, I'm a firm believer in that everything should be up to critique and debate including sensitive topics like Religion. So if the girl holds a "You can't question or talk about that!" mentality?
Then that also kills any chance of a relationship from forming.

Reactions: Gonzo
One big thing for me in being doted on. I hate, hate, hate it. I've dated guys with low self esteem that decide to cling to me on fear that they'd lose me. And they do. Everytime, ironically because of said clInging.

I'm a very independent person. I like to cuddle sometimes. Certainly not all the time. if they get to smothering me I will start to detach myself until I'm completely done with the relationship. I'm the type of girl that does not like to cuddle after sex. I like my own space.

Therefore, a guy who is confident in himself and isn't so terrified of losing me that he can do his own thing sometimes and actually call me out when I'm being a bitch is a huge turn on.

Most importantly, they must be able to handle my sarcasm. It is neverending.

Broad shoulders and respect. Bitches love respect! Hnnnnnnnggghhh <3

Reactions: Hope
I keep coming up with stuff for this thread, damn it.

But another important thing is personal space. I can't stand clingy people in general, but if I date a guy and he ends up being a clingy and possessive and jealous type, it's buh-bye. My ex was like that, and I felt claustrophobic every time he was over.

So yeah, personal space and the ability to function as an independent person. That he'd understand my need of distance is another thing. I need distance and space to exist without somebody demanding my attention. He also has to understand my asexuality and not whine about me being a frigid asshole when I deny him dick.

One big thing for me in being doted on. I hate, hate, hate it. I've dated guys with low self esteem that decide to cling to me on fear that they'd lose me. And they do. Everytime, ironically because of said clInging.

I'm a very independent person. I like to cuddle sometimes. Certainly not all the time. if they get to smothering me I will start to detach myself until I'm completely done with the relationship. I'm the type of girl that does not like to cuddle after sex. I like my own space.

Therefore, a guy who is confident in himself and isn't so terrified of losing me that he can do his own thing sometimes and actually call me out when I'm being a bitch is a huge turn on.

Most importantly, they must be able to handle my sarcasm. It is neverending.

No guns? Who are you?

HAHA I thought that little fact was implied. I didn't even think about putting it down XD
Just making sure you're Hope and not Epoh, her evil mustachioed twin.

Hmmmmmm....twins.

Hnnnnngh.

Make that shit happen.

I like a guy with long hair, particularly if it's longer than mine (which is about shoulder-length). I also love cuddling, but I also like having my own space, and if you can't handle leaving me alone sometimes, then I won't want to keep the relationship. Glasses are nice, too, and a big turn on for me.

Also, as Jorick said, I love intelligence in a person. One of the sexiest things to me is getting to have a deep, meaningful, smart conversation about something I can geek out about, about pressing social issues, about stuff in the news, whatever. If you and me can talk about politics and government and shit for longer than a couple minutes, I'd probably want to date you right then and there. Or if you read a lot of books and shit, then that's super nice too.

I also like people who are goth, punk, emo, scene, etc., but especially people who call themselves that but don't buy their entire wardrobe from Hot Topic. I just kinda like to see some originality, like PVC jackets with original patches and spikes and chains and junk, and not know that your entire wardrobe is from HT. Furthermore, any person that wears Doc Martens is immediately super pretty in my eyes.

And, literally anyone who likes Steam Powered Giraffe is hnnngh to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.