Things that make you go Hnnngh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really attracted to people in the general sense of the word. For me it takes a certain amount of time to form any sort of attachment, be it friendship, crush, anything.
Things that'll get me to stick around . . .

Confidence and intelligence. - I like to spend my time with people who know who they are, what they believe, and why they believe it. I want to have an actual conversation on a variety of things and know that even when we disagree the other person can tell me why they have the opinion they do.

A good attitude - I don't expect everybody to be happy all the time, but if all a person does is complain, I don't want to be around them.

Physically:
If a guy walks by with a good set of shoulders and a well trimmed beard he'll probably get a second glance, especially if he's smiling.

Reactions: Hope
I associate "Nnnnngh!" with things like hernias more than heartthrobs, so the title threw me.

What do I think is attractive in a guy? fairly standard I think

• Confidence
  • Hygiene
  • Intelligence
  • The ability to make me laugh
  • Common interests

Insofar as physical traits, I think guys with long hair are sexy (providing the hair is well cared for and not a greasy, thin mess combed over a bald patch O.O) and I tend to favour thin to average type bods over heavy muscles or, um, extra insulation.

Most things appearance wise honestly don't matter though.

Hmmm. Simple things like everyone else, but...

Short. I find short girls a hell a lot more attractive, my current girlfriend is 5'0" and I'm 6'1" (close to 6'2")
Tall women are fine too.

Reactions: Hope and Hana
I'm adding another trait in relation to the one above

Tall guys. Really tall guys, but not the thin bamboo types

I'm 5'1", but it's ok to have preferences :p

Mostly because this happens:

5c981e028d9ad1a8b0bba838f4f77990.jpg

Reactions: Mu and Artorias
I'm adding another trait in relation to the one above

Tall guys. Really tall guys, but not the thin bamboo types

I'm 5'1", but it's ok to have preferences :p

Mostly because this happens:

5c981e028d9ad1a8b0bba838f4f77990.jpg
THIS.
YES.

THE HUGS ARE PERFECT.

• Love
Reactions: Hana
Reactions: Mu and Hana
  • Love
Reactions: Artorias and Hana
I have always been attracted to people that know who they are and are confident with themselves! O_O People that don't need validation from others to feel whole. I am -immediately- turned off by guys who are so desperate for a girl that they put THEMSELVES in the "friendzone" by always trying to be that nice guy, trying to be a girl's white knight, etc. I can't stand girls who are constantly trashing themselves, calling themselves names, and then throwing themselves at anyone that gives them a compliment.

In both of those cases the people end up getting used and abused because they can't learn to live alone and love themselves FIRST and end up dating assholes. And when they get in to a relationship with a good person, they think having that person will make them feel better about themselves. But they don't. They end up being clingy and insecure and driving that person away cause their insecurities create problems. :(

I am also super attracted to guys that loves and spoils animals! If a guy is sweet to animals, he is usually sweet to people and kids too. :D

Physically, I like BIG GIANT MANLY MAN. Tall, strong, and looks like they could punch someone across the room. O_O I like them hairy and even a little dirty. I hate it when I guy looks prettier than me. >:[ -I- am the pretty one.

In girls, I like feminine cuuuurrrrves. Dark skin. Long dark hair. I find women from north africa, the middle east and India to be some of the most gorgeous women in the world. O__O

A man confident in himself without being arrogant, and who knows what he wants in life. That is my type :)

Someone who responds well to my sense of humour is immediately on my good side. I usually only start joking properly with people when I feel comfortable with them, and if someone actually finds my awful puns and sarcastic remarks funny then I'll love them to no end, because that then makes me feel like they're comfortable with me. I'm not the most confident soul, so that affirmation that someone actually doesn't mind me being around them goes a long way. That's not necessarily a hnnngh thing, and applies to everyone I converse with.

Physically? I find a lot of things attractive, even if those things might be opposite extremes (for example, I find shortness incredibly cute and tallness comforting, both of which I enjoy). Generally I've found that I find a lot of varied features aappealing, so the only consistent ones are the things that should be basic; hygiene, politeness, etcetera.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum and Mu
I can get pretty crazy at times, I'm also very moody and anything can change my mood. I've been described as very 'prickly' and my moods is basically an emotional roller coaster. If I could find someone who can accept me for that, put up with someone like be, they're perfect.

Reactions: Hana
A lot of my "things" have already been mentioned, but one that hasn't been mentioned much yet is if a guy or gal can sing. I don't even know why, maybe because I love to sing but do so badly and thus get blown away by people who are amazing at it. But just. Hnnngngng.

I also really like it when a lassie has a high sex drive. It's so fucking hot for a woman to know how to enjoy her sexuality and to have the confidence to do so. And by confidence, I mean confidence in what we're doing, not self-confidence - everyone feels self-conscious or nervous at times, and that can be really endearing, but someone feeling guilt/regret during/after sex is just sucky for everyone involved. A girl who can just enjoy herself in bed and not feel bad afterwards, that's sexy.

Reactions: Hope and Mu
Delivering a good, justified burn. Or the more pc-version; intelligent women with strong opinions and rhetoric ability intrigue me.
We share similar tastes. Throw in the ability to both understand and enjoy nerdy things in life and I'll have a hard time not thinking about said woman.

EDIT

As for physically? Be healthy. I don't care for perfection, but if you maintain a healthy body, you likely have a healthy mind to go with it.

Women; Lips. A full, smirking set of lightly painted lips. Gothish style of clothing. Aslo, girls smoking hookah is oddly hot. I guess it's a oral fixation?

Men; Androynous but not overly effimate looks. Makes me hnnnngh

as Walder Frey from game of thrones put it:

firm tits, tight fit

Mental

-Open Minded
I like Intelligence, but not as much as someone whose open to input, and willing to change positions when presented with compelling proof/reason to.

-Doesn't need Validation from the public
By this I mean those who don't get stressed over if others like them or not. Cause let's be honest, some people are just pricks and will remain annoyed with others no matter what. Trying to appeal to such people isn't healthy and is honestly a waste of time.

-Cuddler
I'm also a big fan of cuddling, so if the other person isn't the same then I'd probably be driven mad eventually.

-Likes Animals and Kids
I really like animals and kids. Like to the point my preferred family life would be being a stay at home dad with 4 kids and with some cats and dogs as pets.

-Geek/Nerd
I'm a geek/nerd, basically all my interests fall under the geek and nerd categories. So if the girl wasn't a geek/nerd themselves we'd have a hard time finding just about any mutual interests.

-Nurturing & Protective, but not Overly Protective
Anyone who knows me IRL might scratch their heads at this and go "Anthony... You hate it when people are physically close and feely with you".
Generally yes, but relationships are a different story where I want the person to show care, concern and affection. But at a reasonable level.
There's a difference between being appreciated and being suffocated whenever I try to do anything at all.

Physical

-Long Hair
I don't know why, I just like Long hair. Some girls to be fair really pull off short hair well for me, but on a case-by-case basis, there's no recognizable pattern I've found for when short hair ends up turning on me. Just that it happens time to time, yet attraction to long hair is far more common.

-Some meat on the bones
No, I don't mean going obese. But skeletons tend to be an instant turn off, and although I'm attracted to normal weight girls just fine I have noticed on average an increased attraction to when they're slightly bigger than most girls.

-Little to no make-up
Basically make-up tends to be a turn off for me. Most people seem to see make up as improving one's appearance when I see it as one covering themselves behind a wall of powder.

A number of these answer's reminds me of something else: Has to like me for me.

As in, if the person is only attracted to me because of my appearance and/or job then it's a deal breaker.
I'm not into relationships for the sake of image or prestige but for personal compatibility, so if my personality isn't at least part of what they're attracted to then it won't work out.

Jorick specifically also reminded me of another thing too though: Enjoy's dark humor.

I don't do it as often on this forum as I do IRL or on Skype Chats (mainly because I'm bound to offended people and have them sick admins on me if I do) but I love dark humor.
Racist jokes, sexist jokes, murder jokes, rape jokes etc. All are fair game, so if someone is going to get offended by a certain material/kind of joke or humor then it's probably a deal breaker as well.
Same applies to topic's of discussion, I'm a firm believer in that everything should be up to critique and debate including sensitive topics like Religion. So if the girl holds a "You can't question or talk about that!" mentality?
Then that also kills any chance of a relationship from forming.

Last edited:
Mental

-Open Minded
I don't much care for Intelligence itself. It's nice, but what I care more for is someone whose open to input, and willing to change positions when presented with compelling proof/reason to.

-Doesn't need Validation from the public
By this I mean those who don't get stressed over if others like them or not. Cause let's be honest, some people are just pricks and will remain annoyed with others no matter what. Trying to appeal to such people isn't healthy and is honestly a waste of time.

-Cuddler
I'm also a big fan of cuddling, so if the other person isn't the same then I'd probably be driven mad eventually.

-Likes Animals and Kids
I really like animals and kids. Like to the point my preferred family life would be being a stay at home dad with 4 kids and with some cats and dogs as pets.

-Geek/Nerd
I'm a geek/nerd, basically all my interests fall under the geek and nerd categories. So if the girl wasn't a geek/nerd themselves we'd have a hard time finding just about any mutual interests.

-Nurturing & Protective, but not Overly Protective
Anyone who knows me IRL might scratch their heads at this and go "Anthony... You hate it when people are all close and feely with you".
Generally yes, but relationships are a different story where I want the person to show care, concern and affection. But at a reasonable level.
There's a difference between being appreciated and being suffocated whenever I try to do anything at all.

Physical

-Long Hair
I don't know why, I just like Long hair. Some girls to be fair really pull off short hair well for me, but on a case-by-case basis, there's no recognizable pattern I've found for when short hair ends up turning on me. Just that it happens time to time, yet attraction to long hair is far more common.

-Some meat on the bones
No, I don't mean going obese. But skeletons tend to be an instant turn off, and although I'm attracted to normal weight girls just fine I have noticed on average an increased attraction to when they're slightly bigger than most girls.

-Little to no make-up
Basically make-up tends to be a turn off for me. Most people seem to see make up as improving one's appearance when I see it as one covering themselves behind a wall of powder.
Thats quite a list. o.o but at least you know what you want I suppose lol

It's not a "Check all the above to be valid" sort of list.
I just put down some preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.