Things that Go Bump in the Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spica nodded-- he'd heard that only children usually wanted siblings, while those with siblings wanted to be only children. "I don't think you need to be watching your figure," he joked. "How about a little Italian place I know? It's comfortable and the food is pretty good." He pointed down the street, to where a sign with a cursive Apennine hung next to a shop.

Necola looked at where he was pointing "Sure why not...show me a good time boss". Necola let Spica lead the way. She thought it was weird hanging with the boss cause everyone for sure thought like she did that he was a uptight person. Necola smiled thinking to herself that Spica just lost touch with his self really. Thats just how she seen it.

When he reached the restaurant, Spica opened the door, holding it for her. He smiled at the waiter, saying, "Table for two, please." They were led onto a small terrace away from the road, the roof covered in vines, an odd spicy scent in the air. Spica sat down, picking up one of the menus. "Take a look and see if there's anything you like," he suggested. "They usually add new stuff, things that haven't been tried before, stuff like that."

Necola tahnked Spica and walked to her seat siting down "Well isnt this nice". Necola let her down from her ponytail. The air was lovely for a little breeze hitting her scalp. "well i know Sweet tea s the choice of beverage but i guessing the chicken saltimbocca would be nice" necola said putting the menu down. Necola looked around and smiled she liked how the owner actually captured the feel of italy. Necola had been there before and this was closes she had ever seen "Do you come here a lot"

Spica nodded, thinking. "Probably the salmon pesto for me, thank you, and a pinot noir." He smiled to the waiter, handing the menu back, and then turned back towards Necola. "Often enough; it's nice to not be the boss all the time." He added, "And I'll drink on the job if I've had to expend my energy, but I don't recommend it. It's the only way I've found to recover, and I've been looking for--" literally hundreds of years, but I can't say that. "For a very long time."

Necola laughed "Well everyone has there days...i like to eat pounds of chocolate when im low on energy". She did but that was only rare most of the time she did when she was sad or bored. Necola could hear the music playing and started to hum. It was the song she dance to under the moon in europe. "Have you ever been to italy"

Spica laughed-- it was hard to imagine. "I guess we all have our vices." His attention switched to the music, and he smiled slightly. "Yes, I grew up in Europe, in a manner of speaking. My brother and I ran all over the continent-- we lived in Italy for a while. It's a pleasant place to be, wouldn't you agree?" He looked up as the waiter brought his salmon pesto and her chicken saltimbocca, and poured himself a glass of the dark red wine.

Necola smiled and thank the man "Yes it is the night is so beautiful..but you know they say drinking wine is good for the spirit". Necola grabbed a knife and fork cutting her food. It smelled good and her tea looked good as well. A guy sitting across from them waved to her. She waved backed and smiled Not another creep doesnt he see im with my boss.

Spica smiled and nodded. The wine warmed his stomach pleasantly, and he felt his energy beginning to trickle back. His appetite growing, he began to eat the pesto with a steady rhythm, appreciating the flavor, and raised an eyebrow as the man waved. "A friend, or just someone you know?" he asked, looking over towards him. Necola seemed to have quite a few interesting acquaintances.

Necole rolled her eyes "a date gone worng". Necola laughed "that's why I stay single". She ate her food a little more. She was right, she hated men who thought it was ok to just buy her things and expect her to be happy that way. It reminded her father and she never wanted to live that horror her mom did so she cut men like that out of her life .

Spica nodded sympathetically. "I see-- I'm afraid I don't have too much experience on that count, though." He sipped his wine thoughtfully. He'd never really known many people like her, after all. For a long time he hadn't associated with anyone at all, save his brother. Only when he'd gotten involved with the police force, shortly after its founding, had he actually begun to interact properly with people. "If you'll forgive my social faux pas-- is it usual to keep such casual relations after a date?" He smiled. "It may be strange to talk about such things with your boss, but I honestly don't know."

Necola sipped her tea "explain..". Necola looked at casual relationship as sex. She doubt that was what he was saying. She didn't look at him as her boss he was Spica.

Spica shrugged, feeling a little embarrassed. "I mean, I have not had a relationship with a woman for some years, so I think that the norms will have changed. If you have a date, and it doesn't go well, is it usual to remain friends?" In his experience, the girl had always ignored him in that case, and avoided meeting him if at all possible.

Necola put her cup down "How old did you say you were again". Necola wanted to know how long has it been. Spica wasnt a bad looking guy he just needed to get more Necola could see that. Necola looked over to see the guy was gone and then looked back at Spica "Well it depends on some things like...why did you two not work out and what is it about the person you find so appealing to still stay in contact with each other" Necola didnt know why he was askin but she was cool with it.

Spica winced. "How old-- ah, um, actually, I'm very old. I've been around for a while. But this case was about twenty years ago." He closed his eyes, remembering, feeling less formal than he had in a while. He'd just moved to this city at the time. "Her name was Alrescha. I had known her for some years, but it was the first time either of us made a move." Things were only good for about a month. "As soon as we started to settle down, we fought all the time about anything and everything. She wanted me to stop working for the police, to run a vineyard with her." He shrugged. "But I needed to work, you know. With my gifts, living quietly wouldn't be suitable." He rolled the napkin between his fingers. "So after a few weeks of that, she left the country. I couldn't find her after that, though I tried. We'd known each other since we were young, so it was a little bit of a shock." He smiled, a little strained.

Necola smiled "Well thats sad and everything but maybe you need to get out more...being like this will not get you any where". She drank the last of her tea "I never had a true love i can never stay with someone long enough for that type stuff". Necola had been in relationships but never actually in love. She lived true to the old saying its me not you.

Spica shrugged. "I guess." He took a long drink. "I just never really got over it. Seems like I'm a cursed guy or something." Realizing that he was becoming very drunk very rapidly, he frowned and set down the glass, but continued rambling. "Every time that I find a girl that I like, something nasty happens and I have to do work and when I finish, she hasn't waited for me, she's gone."

Necola looked at Spica, it was clear he was very realxed with his drink. The waiter came along to ask if he would like another but Necola waved him off "No more for him please thank you". She looked at the time "Boss look if she didnt stay maybe she wasnt for you...when it comes to relationships they have to take all of you even your job even more if its something you like to do and your not cursed you just may have bad taste". Necola laughed to take the edge off a little

Status
Not open for further replies.