Things that Go Bump in the Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spica frowned slightly; dressed like that? What was that supposed to mean? In any case, though, they needed to go to the club, and the fact that it was not open could only help. Talking to the owner or looking for signs of magic could be useful, and both of those would be impeded by the presence of the public in all of its ignorant glory.

He swiped his card in the elevator, frowning as it rose slowly. Taking the stairs might even be faster, at this rate. When they arrived in the lobby, he gestured to Necola-- "Lead on."

Necola looked at Spica with wide eyes "What no car?". Necola didnt mind getting the cab but a cop car or any car at that would be faster and they could talk about the clues on the way without pointed ears. Necola waited for an answer.

Spica sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "I'm a car breaker," he explained ruefully. "Anything more complicated than a bicycle will short out if I ride in it for more than a minute or two, so I gave up on doing anything other than walking, and got very good at riding a bicycle. If the place is too far away, the subway would probably work, though.". It had always been troublesome to go places in the city; too many people would see him if he used magic, and he couldn't use technology either.

Necola rolled her eyes and walked to the front door "im so happy im not in your shoes". She held the door for Spica. He seemed up tight to her maybe it was a get up or was he really like this. Necola hated walking. She had a nice figure but it wasnt because of excercise.

Spica smiled. "Thank you," he said. In truth, very few people would like to be in his shoes; his was a terribly inconvenient ability. "I hope you don't mind walking too much; though I'm used to it, most people these days tend to take cars or other transportation." He blinked; for some reason, his vision seemed to be a little off. Maybe it was just that he was at the bottom of his power cycle; his eyes had been fully white since this morning, and he wouldn't be able to manage anything too strong until tomorrow. I hope we don't get into a fight today; I'd have to be very careful about my workings.

Necola just shook her head "Its ok with me i need the walk". Necola looked at Spica "So do you date or anything like that". Necola really wanted to know SPica seemed so inclosed. If he did it wouldnt surprise her to much everyone has someone right.

Spica nearly choked at her question, barely managing a startled, "W-what?" He hadn't expected that question. It wasn't as though he had never had interest in a woman, but these days, he just focused on work. "Now, I'm way too old for that," he joked, recovering as quickly as he could. "I've done all of that, and it would take a very special girl to change that fact." He frowned slightly-- what was he getting so agitated about? He'd done his best to distance himself from such things; now was the time for work, not for other things.

Necola seen him switch up his content a little "It was just a question gosh". Necola looked across the street the club was right there. She pressed the button to slow down traffic so they could cross. The cube was big club for the wealthy and big names. It had very attractive girls for company purposes and that dead girl was an employee. So a lead had to be there.

Spica shook his head. Maybe it was just that he was tired. Get ahold of yourself.

He looked at the club, scrutinizing its surroundings. He would have said that it looked just like a normal nightclub, but he decided to reserve judgment. I certainly hope it's associated with the case; any leads are better than none. "Necola, can you see magical energy?" It would simplify things; often, when he tried to look at magical traces, he ended up getting caught in the details, unable to look away for something like half an hour, something highly undesirable for a dangerous situation.

Necola looked at Spica "well the ground around it but...not to much right about this time". Necola crossed the street "Um maybe at night gets a little stronger but you couldnt tell with the whole club glowing all night long. Maybe the person that owns this is trying to hide magical energy with the lights at night but why when half of the humans cant even notice things like that. Maybe who ever the person is knew they had to cover it up". Necola waited for Spica by the door.

She took her glasses off seeing that her head ache was sure to be gone now. She smiled it was nice to see color and not shade.

Spics nodded, crossing the street. "That would make excellent sense if magic users frequented the club, though. If you see a surge in energy, warn me right away." He scrutinized the front of the property. "You said it would be closed, right? Do you know if the owner is here right now?" A few well-placed questions might go a long way.

Necola didnt hear Spica she had already found away in through the kitchen from the back door. Someone was here because the backdoor was unlocked and a couple of boxs were opened on the floor. Necola scooted the box to her with her foot. there were books inside with no title or anything.

Spica frowned, turning, only to see that she was already gone. "Damn!" He must be getting old-- he hadn't even heard her moving away. Where did she go? He moved around to the side of the building, seeing the back door. "Hey, Necola? Where did you go?"

Necola found a glove on one of the tables and put it on. She grabbed a book from the box. Nothign was writtin in it it was all blank pages "What the hell is this". Necola heard Spica outside "Shut up im on to something here....Look at this book its two boxes full of um but no writting". She held the book out for Spica.

Spica frowned as he took the book. "What?" He flipped through the book, but she was right-- no writing. "Perhaps it's concealed," he said. "I'm going to take a look at it. If I don't start moving after a minute or two, close the book and then wake me up." The main danger in looking at things was getting caught up in detail; sometimes people even added traps on purpose. Steeling himself, he took off his glasses, then blinked and took a good look.

At first, he couldn't see much, but then something swam into his field of vision. A pattern? It wasn't any thaumaturgic circle that he was familiar with, but he could see nothing wrong with the parameters. Writing seemed to swim across the book, but under a film. Is it spell-locked, then? Looking deeper, he could almost make out the words.

Necola kept watch as Spica examined the book. Necolas phone vibrated with a text, it was a text from a guy that wanted to rake Necola out tonight to the cube. Necola hated this guy so she didnt answer back "What a jerk really...". Necola heard talking come from the inside it was the two guys Necola seen the other night with the symbols. They were wearing them again but on robes this time. Necola slammed the book and grabbed Spicas hands as she put one finger over his lips "Shhh....follow me". Necole walked behind some bushes leading to the street.

Spica blinked rapidly as the book slammed shut, his vision blurring horribly, light trails covering his field of vision. Damn-- must have gotten too involved. He staggered, for a few seconds kept upright only by Necola's hands, before he steadied himself. "Wh-" He broke off his question, head still spinning, as he heard the sound of voices, and followed Necola. How long had he been out? He slowly began to process what he'd seen. Definitely magic, but I can't tell much more than that. I remember sigils for hiding magic, but it was difficult to see what was under them. That must have been when I got drawn into a logic loop. Thaumaturgy, and written magics in general, were quite similar to computer programming and hacking. One could easily get drawn into a trap.

The guys where going on about how one of the books are missing. Necola started to pick up something from one of the guys. That one must been nervous causing Necola to tap into his mind. "One of them saw the killer lastnight...he gave him something...i dont know what it is i just keeping seeing torn edges like ripples" Necola looked at Spica and took the book and starte dflipping through the pages. She stopped at the middle page it was ripped "That piece of paper came from here...he must have gave it to him and now he regrets it thinking if they dont find the book then his pals will find out he's been helping outsiders...but the question is what kind of magic was this what is this spell for really".

Spica raised his eyebrows. "I can run an analytical spell, if that's your question." He ran his finger along the ripped edge of the page, then tore out the page from the spine, setting it on the floor and drawing a circle around it, then beginning to write in the proper symbols around the edges.

"You've taken charge of this case so far, so here's your choice-- do you want to take these guys in for questioning?" He didn't doubt that he still had enough power to deal with a few small fry, not to mention Necola's abilities.

Necole rolled her eyes "Your the boss..im just the rookie". Necola knew she was doing great so far but knew Spica could do a better job with this part of the case. Necola didnt have a gun if anything got a little out of hand but she was ready for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.