Things that are so sad it's funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
you don't say the world deserves better than them,
Truly, the world deserves that people properly communicate with one another.
Again. He's not saying that other people are lesser or that the world deserves better than any other particular group. He's only wishing that people would properly communicate with one another. IE: That everyone improves for the betterment of everyone.

I'm really not sure where you're finding this offensive elitist statement, but it's certainly not from what he's written. It has nothing to do with the Japanese, or the Chinese, or any other group you want to imagine him loathing. Chill out, bruh. :ferret:

Although, you are proving his statement quite nicely. So there is that at least.

I rarely use this term..

But what the actual fuck is going on?

Like for real.
Ah, you know, a couple people. Can't let go of some things. 'Avin' a go. In their own, weird ways.

In a nutshell, really.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
This entire thread is a tangled mess of passive aggressiveness.
Yes, passive-agresion sucks :) But since I'm guessing being active-agresive wuld probably have me saying something that culd come acros as "ofensive" to the sensitive souls here, and get me chastized by the staff, I have to setle for defending my point pasively.

But vhat I'd love, is to have a nice, RL debate vith several of the ppl here. Rain and Brovo, to name just 2. And for that debate to include some non-verbal comunication, too. You'd be amazed how many diferences a good fight can settle.

Yes, passive-agresion sucks :) But since I'm guessing being active-agresive wuld probably have me saying something that culd come acros as "ofensive" to the sensitive souls here, and get me chastized by the staff, I have to setle for defending my point pasively.

But vhat I'd love, is to have a nice, RL debate vith several of the ppl here. Rain and Brovo, to name just 2. And for that debate to include some non-verbal comunication, too. You'd be amazed how many diferences a good fight can settle.
I wouldn't even partake of the debate part. A few punches is all I need!

Oh I wish all debates culd be setled that nicely! :)
See, I like the exchange of ideas and knowledge. I partake when it's pertinent! However, I know now when to get involve, and have the humility and control not to get into a shit-throwing contest. It just ain't worth it. But sometimes--sometimes--somebody needs a good clock in the teeth.

Whoever said violence can't solve anything has obviously never violenced. :P

• Love
Reactions: Marchosias
Whoever said violence can't solve anything has obviously never violenced. :P
I'd like to nominate you for a Nobel Prize for the most profound truth spoken this year. :) :huge:

And the year has just begin, vhats ever beter.

@This Mass Murder topic

The Doctor put's it best.

You do not in fact have to do that. Not everything is a debate, no matter how hard you try to turn everything into one. We removed the derpbate thread prefix for a reason, and your nonsense is rapidly becoming a prime example of the behavior we wanted to stop, so sit your dumb ass down and cool it with the debate shit or you'll get that chastisement no matter how passive or active your aggression is.

Consider this a not-so-friendly unofficial warning.

You do not in fact have to do that. Not everything is a debate, no matter how hard you try to turn everything into one. We removed the derpbate thread prefix for a reason, and your nonsense is rapidly becoming a prime example of the behavior we wanted to stop, so sit your dumb ass down and cool it with the debate shit or you'll get that chastisement no matter how passive or active your aggression is.

Consider this a not-so-friendly unofficial warning.
I dont remember turning anything in-to a debate here. I just maked a coment, in the first place.

Oh, and as for "agression". I'm only agressive in response to other ppl's agression tovard me. If someone attacks the point I make I wil defend it. Or is it just that ppl cant stand seeing a diverging opinion?

But I wil admit my original coment was dictated in large part by being angry. It culd have been vorded better, so yes, consider me warned.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to reply to this thread, because I was afraid I'd cut myself on all the edge and I don't want to start 2016 with mental scars, but I'll fester a little bit of hope so allow me to explain this.

And bear with my sarcasm while I try too hard to be funny. Ironically, because this genuinely makes me kind of sad. Might be the hangover talking, idk. Still.

This isn't about being right, this is about avoiding devolving into youtube comments. Everyone is entitled to your opinion, regardless of how others feel about them, but the moment any aggressive exchange, no matter if they're passive or active, takes place, the exchange of opinions becomes a mudslinging contest. If prior experience tells me anything, you don't want to make a drinking game out of counting the ad hominem in that. If someone disagrees with you, well, fuck, welcome to the internet. What have we all learned about petty internet arguments? Nobody ever wins. Because you're not going to change someone's opinion by being aggressive, you're just starting a fight 'cause of your ego. If you truly want to convince someone, there are far better tactics.

Not just one side is to blame for this, ya'll could easily have ignored Marchosias' post and get stupid drunk on alcohol, as is new years tradition, instead of edge and/or rage, but you guys chose not to. However, regardless of what others do to provoke, that doesn't release Marchosias' from the responsibility for her own actions. If the excuse for being passive aggressive is "But they started it!" I personally feel that is more in line with the image of kindergarten than being a strong woman. Because just like Marchosias is entitled to her opinion, everyone else is to theirs. Answering with violence just beckons more violence. Pro-tip; you can't punch people on the internet. You can take the high road and walk away. I mean it's not like someone disagreeing with you online is going to affect anything even remotely in your life and I'm sure Marchosias has the confidence to shrug it all off.

Also guys don't try to be Asmo. Please?

Some people know their grammar/vocabulary is quite poor but can't do much about it because of lack of education, practice, and etc.

Still... #teamoxfordcomma

Yikes I'm sorry I said anything.

Yikes I'm sorry I said anything.
Not your fault girl. :) *hugs* Mine, for leting those thinly veiled verbal jabs get under my skin as much as they did. Usualy I dont rise to the bait like that, but I vas pretty pissed-of yesterday, and I gues it affected my self control.

I have to say, it would be a very poor debate if there was to be non-verbal communication. The whole point of a debate is to convince the other party that your point of view/side of the debate is right/accurate. A FIGHT settles nothing in a debate, as it proves nothing on the subject at hand, nor does it bring facts to the table.

Even more so, the use of violence in a debate usually means that whoever begins the physical assault has nothing left to say and just wants to shut the other person up or INTIMIDATE them into their side of the debate, which is a poor, backfiring technique in most cases. It usually because it results in the party not being able to logically defend themselves which the facts/opinions they have.

Plus, I am a lover, not a fighter. Violence should be used in very rare cases (Self-Defense for Personal, one on one or one against a few or a few against a few. Wars are a very different case entirely). Not saying that Violence should NEVER be used (That wold be absurd), but in this case specifically (When it comes to any debate) Violence has no place but to ruin the credibility of your side of the argument.

u fockin wot m8 ill fite u irl m8 lets 'ave a go m8 gr8 b8 figgit 11/10 would doritos an' mountain dew 360 noscope 720 holy jesus headspin halo cod champion.

DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRUH?!

Staying on topic...

This thread, a good sum of the posts/people in it, and everyone on my ignore list.

Yep.

Plus, I am a lover, not a fighter.
lol Oh boy... culd you have posibly picked a cornyer line? :P Besides, I like a guy to be both!

u fockin wot m8 ill fite u irl m8 lets 'ave a go m8 gr8 b8 figgit 11/10 would doritos an' mountain dew 360 noscope 720 holy jesus headspin halo cod champion.

DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRUH?!

*trys to decipher the above and fails mizerably :P *

O....k mister... about the only part of all that I understod is "do you even lift"? To vhich I answer - yes I do. Not my prefered method of strength workout though, too static and exclusive to one muscle-group. I prefer more wel-rounded exercises and plyo stuff.

But yes, back to topic... usage of corny lines! So sadly overdone its not even funny! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.