Things people probably didn't know about your job

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Teachers are humans too.
  • Teachers are slobs like humans too.
  • Children are basically little savages that look like people.
  • A boys bathroom is better to clean than a girls sometimes.
  • I get paid to do a total of 2 hours of 'serious' work. The rest is spent watching YouTube or playing video games for 11 an hour.
  • Latinos wipe their ass and don't flush it. They throw it in the trash.
  • Black folks don't wipe their ass at all.
  • White people are as accurate as a civil war cannon fired by toddlers.
  • A bucket of water is all some of these floors get.
  • Being a custodian isn't for the stereotypically stupid blue collar worker, it requires a lot of chemical study and technique honing.
  • One of my coworkers is black and she can not read or write.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
I'm currently not working, but here's a few things I learned from my last job.

1. The simplest solutions are almost never considered.
How often did you get people not turning it off and on again, or checking to see if it was plugged in?

The store gets cleaned for maybe half a week, one month out of the year
People like to take the shopping carts over to the Walmart across the street
Management is against having more than two cashiers at any given time for some reason
Shoplifting is really really easy. (Figured this out by all the empty containers littered around the store, not by actually stealing anything)
'Organizing' the isles really means, clear the obvious broken stuff off the floor and grab whats in the wrong isle that's in plain sight, don't actually check the shelves.
Some people don't understand that they have to have their items actually ran up and can't just leave cash on the counters and walk out.
People really really hate having to deal with exchanges.
Co-worker wise people are way more nice than I expected. (Had a manager change all my shifts at the drop of a hat when she over heard me mentioning having to spend the night in my car because the late shift made me miss the ferry home)
Clearing the isles and looking for stuff to sort is oddly relaxing when it's not a super busy day.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Status
Not open for further replies.