Things Falcon should learn to cook (and recipe sharing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Adventure Finder
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
I have a shifting work schedule, so My online times will be random.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, scifi, futuristic modern, fantasy modern, Action/adventure, Mystery, Fan-based,
I can cook most things provided I have a recipe, though I do have a few tried and true favorites.
Sadly I keep repeating my favorites and have no motivation to look up new things.

This is my solution.

So Iwaku, Do you have any good recipes for me?
What should I learn to cook?

Chataubriand with red wine sauce.

Pretty cheap steak but it's delicious and makes you look like a fancy sir

• Love
Reactions: Falcon
Stuffed Mushrooms

Stuffed Peppers

sour cream and onion breaded talapia/chicken!!!

^_^ mmmm mmmmmmmmmmm

• Love
O.O

Ooooooh those do sound good!

Purchase for a lot of money a takoyaki pan (or a cake ball maker) and make freakin takoyaki. That shit's the best.

http://www.japanesecooking101.com/takoyaki-recipe/

EDIT: Can we make this into like a community recipe sharing thread please please please. I'm trying to think of good lunch box foods for my little sister because she says the lunch food at school is gross and unhealthy and I want to find ways so she can eat more comfortably.

• Love
EDIT: Can we make this into like a community recipe sharing thread please please please. I'm trying to think of good lunch box foods for my little sister because she says the lunch food at school is gross and unhealthy and I want to find ways so she can eat more comfortably.

Yes! Share recipes everyone! 8D

Cheesecake :D. Cheesecake is wonderful, no matter how it's made. If you'd like, I could provide the recipe I use for it.

Reactions: - Falcon -
Yes please! ^^

Oh, something that I usually do is to just mix the preserves in with the rest of the stuff before pouring it. That way, you get the flavour in every bite. Plus, use some extra preserves. That makes the taste a bit stronger :D.

• Thank You
Texans often do a quick and easy "Sopapilla Cheesecake" from a bunch of stuff you might have in your pantry.

I don't ever bake because it's not like cooking where you can just "touch and go" it's a bit more precise, and I really hate that aspect, but this recipe is soooo freakin easy I already memorized it because I am a SUCKER for cheesecake AND sopapillas. This is like heaven for me.

2 cans of premade crescent dinner rolls
2 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup melted butter

OPTIONAL:
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon mixed with 1/2 cup sugar
Squeeze-bottle caramel
Squeeze-bottle chocolate
Honey

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C
2. PLOP Unroll one set of premade dinner rolls onto the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 pan
3. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract to a bloody pulp a smooth consistency.
4. Plop that and spread all that delicious goodness on top of the dough (OPTIONAL: Drizzle fuckin delicious caramel and/or chocolate goodness errywhere.) (ALSO OPTIONAL: Shove a full spoonful of this in your mouth.)
5. Verrrrry carefully unroll the other can of dinner rolls on top. Brush this layer with melted butter
6. Bake for 30 mins or until the center sets. Allow to cool.
7. (Optional) Serve with sugar and cinnamon dusted and/or honey lightly drizzled on top.
8. EAT, GET FAT, BE MERRY.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Purchase for a lot of money a takoyaki pan (or a cake ball maker) and make freakin takoyaki. That shit's the best.

http://www.japanesecooking101.com/takoyaki-recipe/

I believe we call that the "Delicious Delicacies" group!

• Thank You
DAN DAN NOODLES:

Get thin / medium noodles.

SAUCE:

1/3 cup peanut butter
1 large piece of rock sugar
1 spoon black rice vinegar
1 spoon soy sauce (you can add a little less, american soy sauce is ugh)
1 spoon sesame oil (+ chili oil)

Mix and serve.

• Love
Garlicky mushroom pasta, you say? No? WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE.

img_6060-1.jpg

You can find the recipe here, although I probably use a bit more garlic and a bit more parmesan than it suggests, because it's garlic and parmesan and that should be reason enough to go overboard. <3

• Love
Because any time an opportunity presents itself, I have to fuckin' link to these over-produced arthouse recipes from Carte Noire:

... There's probably recipes but that shit's most likely in French. Bonne chance on that shit

• Love
Reactions: Levusti and Falcon
You should make fudge.....specifically skillet fudge....there's plenty of recipes out there. The only thing you absolutely need is a cast iron skillet.

I sort of invented this recipe for boneless Hawaiian pork ribs, but it's not quite right yet. Still making adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.