Things Changered (Valentine Coram Gula x Ocean )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well didn't that kind of suck. He knew he shouldn't have asked. He was basically asking for hurt. Packing his own bags up, he glanced back at him. So....Travis never told him? Well why would he, he wasn't a big part of his life anyway. "Everybody knows Travis Carters. His paw is the preacher." Technically, he didn't lie. Everyone did know him, because of his father, but....Marvin knew him on a deeper level. Standing up, he grabbed his worn out, black leather jacket, and threw it over his black t shirt. He wore baggy dark jeans, along with boots, similar to Adrian's. Hell the two even had the same style. Marvin thought they could have been good friends. Giving his famous lazy smile, he gestured the other to follow.

Adrian grabbed his bag and took off with his new companion. As the two left class he whipped out his outdated flip phone and texted Evan about the notes. After he was done with the quick text he glanced at the worn leather jacket, admiring it. "Where did you pick up that jacket? It looks ancient." He asked as he followed Marvin to his hangout. Unfortunately, Adrian wasn't aware of the history Marvin and Travis shared. He was oblivious of the man before him.

Marvin glanced back at him, giving him his famous, and rather attractive lazy smile. "Oh, I got this from my ol' man. Went through the attic, and found it. Prutty nice, huh?" Grinned the guy as he looked down at it. Walking through the empty halls, he walked out the back way to the school, and walked over to the febce. "Ya know how to climb a fence? "

Adrian cringed. It wasn't climbing a fence that made him uneasy, he knew how to do that with Lucas. But he wasn't so sure if he should follow Marvin. The guy seemed cool and all, but he met him just moments ago and he didn't seem to give off the impression of being a knowledgeable student who was ready to learn. School didn't seem to be his top priority. Adrian shook his head, as well as his long sliver strands. This wasn't right he was suppose to be writing note, preparing for the upcoming midterm. "110%" he remind himself with an inaudible whisper. The teen looked at the others droopy smile and sighed as he threw his head back and held his temple."Look, I can't make this a regular thing, but I'll follow you and check out your secret lair. Just kept in mind that midterms are approaching and I have no intention on slacking around any longer. Understand?" He stressed, his piercing hazel eyes narrowed as he watched the alternative boy.

"I get it man, that's cool." Marvin smiled, and shrugged. "We don't have to do this all the time. I just wanted to get away fromthat class for a momen'." He then turned to the fence before climbing it, and dropping down to the other side. "But I promise my hideouts pretty cool. It's got snacks and beer. Ya drink?" Asked the southern watching him climb as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I...prefer not to drink during school hours. Besides I have to be sober, I have study date at lunch." He winked with a sly smile. Adrian climbed the fence with ease, hoping down he followed the young male, curious as to how he first came across his lair. Hazel eyes became dreamy as he thought about his lover. Christmas was coming up and he's been saving up cash from his tutoring gig. His price was high, but provided his students results. This was his first Christmas and he wanted to give Travis something meaningful and costly. Adrian was deep in thought, thinking of a gift.

Soon they came across a tiny cave. Not really a cave, more like a giant whole in a hill. Walking in, he turned on a battery powered lamp and sat down on a old chair he probably brought out there and opened a cooler. Tossing him a soda can and some candy, he leaned back in his chair and gestured for the other to sit in the other chair. "This is ma home away from hell." He smilrd, looking around. "The only secret I managed t'keep in this shit hole town....Is it better....In the city?"

He caught the can and opened it with a snap. He flopped himself onto a chair and took a hesitated swig of his sugary beverage. Wondering what kind of hell his new friend was going through, Adrian was caught off guard with the smokers question. "The city? It's fine, I guess." He shrugged. "I lived ten minutes from the excitement. But I prefer Charlotte town." He held his drink in his hand. Not wanting to talk about the town.

Once again he become lost within his thoughts. The warm thoughts of Travis and the cheerful holiday season melted away. He became overwhelmed by darkness, fear and humiliation.

For you see, Lucas lived in Charlotte. Ever since Adrian was a child he was sent there for the summer where he endured torture and humiliation. "So, what trouble are you trying to escape. You said this was your home away from hell, right? He needed to take the spotlight off him, distract himself, anything that wouldn't cause him to make a scene in front of Marvin.

"My ma's a crack whore, and paw is....Well I dunno. I guess he's a dead beat paw, but I've never met the joke. Ran off the moment he found out my ma was pregnant. Most mom's would take care of there kids, but she didn't. I've raised myself the day I figured out how to. So around five years old.....She would forget to feed me, she would bring home random guys. She would always get drunk, and high off of something.....She's probably wasted right now. She always yells at me, saying she wishes I were dead, or some shit like that...." He mumbled and took a swig of his beer, his eyes distant. "When I was eight, one of her boyfriends beat me up.....She watched and laughed the whole time....So yeah this is my home away from hell." Muttered the smoker as he set his beer down, running a hand down his face.

"My bad, I didn't mean to dampen the mood. Let's talk about happy thing...like....You and Travis. Did ya get him something? For Christmas? "

Last edited:
Adrian listened to the unfortunate tale of unfit parents and a living in a world of pain. Hm, the pair were both starved of love and affection and stood at the end of the hand of an abuser. It seemed that they had more in common besides fashion. The platinum haired young man managed to pull himself out of his dark state for the time being. "Christmas? Oh right, I'm not sure yet, but I've been saving up to buy him something special. My parents doesn't see the point in celebrating holidays so I'm only exchanging gifts with my sunflower." He spoke with blissful eyes at the thought of his love.

He ran his hand through a sea of silver hair, turning to the smoker he asked, "what would you get him? I guess you only know him as the preachers son, but what would you get him if you two were dating-wait what am I doing?" He laughed as he shook his head. "I'm probably making you uncomfortable. I apologize, but It's a challenge to find relationship advice when you're dating a male. I mean you think it would be easy. He's a guy I'm a guy...yet it feels like I'm from Jupiter and he's from Saturn." He continued to run his mouth, comfortable with his new friend.

Adrian noticed this and paused. He pushed up his glasses and chuckled. "I guess I went off topic...maybe an art kit with a bunch of different mediums."

"No, a cookin'....bakin' set. A bakin' set. I would get him a bakin' set." He answered almost immediately. Marvin knew how much Travis loved to bake. He would always bake him things when they were in a relationship. Marvin messed that up when he cheated on the poor yellow bird. His beautiful southern bell....No longer his. Sighing at the thought of this he leaned back and took a swig of his beer.

"I 'member he was in a bakin' contest in freshman year. That how I know. He was really into it too....And he's always in bakin class." He answered smoothly, this wasn't a lie, but he didn't tell the full truth again. The brunette didn't want to ruin the blonde bell and the sugar cube relationship. He just wanted to form a friendship with the other in front of him. He seemed nice enough. And....As much as it hurts, he would give him advice with their relationship. He wanted to see that blonde happy. He deserved it. He may have cheated on him, but he felt so guilty for it. Every time he remember the day when Travis big blue wet eyes looked at him with so much hurt, his heart hurt so bad, and Marvin felt guilty the most he cold do was help in his new relationship

"I guess you're right. He likes to draw, but in all honesty he's not really good." He chuckled to himself, thinking about the childlike drawing the pretty songbird made him. It was crudely drawn, but he kept it pinned up in his room to make the place seem warmer.

Adrian flashed him a smile, which lit up his golden eyes and embraced his freckles. "A baking set it is. Thanks, I really do appreciate it." He was really starting to like Marvin. He was cool, chill and they seemed compatible. The young man checked his watch and saw that the period was almost over. "We should start heading back. I promised Travis a study date and he promised to bake me gingerbread people. Heh, he promised to make me a bunch of Christmas goodies this week. I'll probably be as jolly as Santa Claus by Friday." He lightly laughed at his joke. He truly did love his little sunflower. He didn't pay much mind to him when he first arrived at the school. But when they were partnered up during science class, things changed.

Study date. Thinking back, he remembered all the study dates he and Travis shared. They never got much studying done. He would always get stuck in those pools of his. And stuck on those beautiful plump lips that had to be sculpted by God himself. He remembered the way it felt to press his own against them, of feather soft they were, how sweet they would taste from all the sweets he ate. He remember brushing those blonde curls from his face, just to get those sapphire eyes attention. He remembered the bell-like giggle that would escape from Travis lips. He remebered how amazing it was to love the blonde, and how hard it was to loose him. Marvin really hopped Adrian would treat him good. No, he hoped Adrian treated him tremendously. Travis deserved the best, and Marvin knew he wasn't the one. He already ruined his chance. But....Adrian seemed like a good guy, with a good head on his shoulders.

Standing up, he downed the rest of his beer, hardly even tipsy, and just tossed it to a bucket that had beer bottles, and beer cans in it as well. "We should head on back then. We don't want that birdie of yers to get all sad." Smiled Marvin as he walked out the small cave, guarding his eyes with his hand from the sunlight. Walking towards school grounds he tried not to think to much of the past between him and Travis. He would only hurt himself, he knew that.

Since there was no point in returning to class. The pair wandered the halls. Adrian admired the schools Christmas spirit. Lockers were decorated with a variety of wrapping and bows, miniature Christmas wreaths hung on classroom doors, and some student wore Christmas hats and reindeer antlers. Adrian was glad that his first Christmas was going so well. He was excited about all the school activities planned such as secret Santa, carol karaoke in the cafeteria, candy grams and a huge holiday bake sale where his little sunshine made a large contribution by providing delicious goodies. "Hey, do you mind swinging by my locker? Lunch is about to start and need to grab some change for the bake sale. I told Travis that I would one of everything. Heh, I going to becoming quite fat when this is all over." He stumbled a bit as he laughed at the thought. Travis was just too sweet. The thought of his dreamlike eyes and angelic laugh was enough to give him a massive cavity.

It's been awhile since the freckled face male laughed so hard. He was enjoying himself this Christmas, and it was all thanks to his angel. "Do want to study with us? I don't think Travis would mind." He glanced at the brunette with a friendly smile.

"Nah, I don't mind stopping at your locker." He chuckled, knowing Travis wanted his lover to try everything he made. Why wouldn't he? Of course, Marvin got stuck in his own thoughts of his old lover, before hearing the question. He nearly laughed at his last comment. Travis wouldn't mind. As if, Travis would probably try and poison his food if he got the chance. "Travis holds a bit of a grudge towards me. Back in freshman year, I was a bit of a jerk and a dumped my school lunch on em.....I feel guilty of course, but he was madder then a wet hen...." He lied smoothly and look at him. "Besides, I promised ma friend I would hang with em at lunch, donchu worry bout me. Have fun with ya boyfriend." He smiled and pounded his fist. "We should hang more though."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.