Things Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ailyna groaned when her sleep was being disturbed by her phone making bleeping sounds. She had a severe headache and felt kind of dizzy. Who was calling her? What time was it anyway? She threw a quick glance at her alarm clock. Almost 11 AM! Time to get out of bad actually. With her hair still being pretty messed up, and still being in pyjama's, Ailyna got out of bed and wondering where she got her headache from, she grabbed her phone.
It was Luhan!
She quickly replied by pressing the green button, surprised that he was still awake. Even though it was morning for Ailyna, it would probably be pretty late for Luhan right now.
"Luhan!" Ailyna said, while waiting for his face to become visible. "Sorry I'm not properly dressed yet. I just woke up and I don't feel so we..." The video started and Luhan became visible. Ailyna's mouth dropped open as she started to the screen.
"Luhan?" she asked. "Is that you? I... You... Are you blonde now?" Her head started aching even more and Ailyna started to wonder if she was really seeing this, or if her mind started to hallucinate. Maybe she was even still dreaming right now.

Now he wanted to hide. "Yeah... It's... Hard to get used to..?" He offered, running a hand through his newly colored hair, he rested his hand behind his head, stifling a yawn. It was going to be a long day tomorrow, especially since he and his group were going to be moving to a new dorm.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up? Are you feeling alright?" Ailyna didn't look like she was feeling too well, and her hair was completely disheveled. "When are you roommates coming in?"

He was cut off, however by Baekhyun, who had just finished taking a shower. The younger teen leapt on him, while screaming, "Hyung!" And probably crushing every possible bone in his body. Realizing that he was Facetiming a girl, Baek shot an evil look at Luhan, "Is that your girlfriend? Is she your girlfriend?" Screamed Baekhyun in Korean as he jumped up and down on the bunk like a little girl. "Anneyo Hasayeo!"

Turning back to Baekhyun he looked at the younger teen, "Calm down Baekhyun-ssi, she doesn't know how to speak Korean, that's why I've been speaking in English, silly. She's Ailyna, and she's not my girlfriend." He explained patiently in Korean. Baek wore a look of understand as he turned back to his iphone screen. With a friendly wave, Baek looked at Ailyna.

"Hello.. My name is Baekhyun!" He shouted excitedly in broken english, a big contrast from before with the managers.

"Ailyna, meet Baekhyun, Baek, this is your Noona, Ailyna."

((I'm so sorry this is so short :< ))

Last edited by a moderator:
"No, I'm not feeling so well" Ailyna responded. "My head aches severely. I don't know why though? And I think my homemates are back already. I've heard them coming in yesterday evening, but I still haven't spoke to them yet. I will introduce them to you soon!" Ailyna promised. "Okay?"
"Hello Ba-ek-hyun? Did I pronounce that right? I'm sorry I'm still in pyjama's!" Ailyna was kind of shamed of herself. What would Luhan's band members think of her, based on the way she looked?

"Noona?" Baek trailed, realizing that he had spoken informally. "Achisamda." He apologized, "Hyung, it's your turn to take a shower.. Might want to hurry though, because Jimin's waiting for you."

"Gotcha, Baekhyun-ssi, Okay.." Turning back to Ailyna, he switched back to English, his brain becoming increasingly flustered through the language switches, and he was terrified he was just going to start spewing the wrong language to the wrong person, "Feel better, take some Advil? That's exciting! Yes, maybe introduce me next week or so? Nah, you didn't, it's pronounced sort of like Bae-ke-hun, think of it as Ba-k-on, like the food.. It's fine, don't worry about it, Baek-ssi isn't really paying attention, he's nodding off like a little kid." Luhan chuckled.

"I've got to go now, shower time for me.. I'll see you next week then."

Hearing both English and an unfamiliar language that would probably be Korean, Ailyna became pretty confused. With every word spoken, she wondered whether it was meant for her, for Luhan or for one of the band members. The confusion about the language made her head hurt even more.

Ailyna chuckled at Luhans comparison between the band member and a little kid. And actually she did worry about having his name right. It was nice of Baek... Ba... him to show some interest in her. Besides, Ailyna's name was often misspelled as well. And even though she got used to it, she still wanted to make sure to spell other people's names right.

Ailyna smiled as she took a last glance on Luhans band member. Even though Luhan probably just had met his band members, they already seemed quite close together. Unfortunately the same could not be said about Ailyna and her roommates.

"See you next week!" Ailyna responded. "And again, I'm very sorry for feeling so horrible. I'll promise I'll be in a better mood next time we speak, okay?"

The facetime conversation ended and Ailyna groaned as she stumbled back to her bed.

"I'll hold you to that promise!" Luhan chuckled before heading to the shower.

Luhan had woken up at the crack of dawn along with the oldest member Lay, while Jimin and Baek slept . Half asleep the small crew stumbled into the sudan waiting for them before they were driven off to the filming studio for the entertainment agency. He along with two other trainees would be featured in a music video from a well known K-Pop group which would help promote him. Lucky for Luhan and Lay, they had managed to land a ten second solo dance in the music video. When they had made it to the studio and he had been seated down for his makeup, he checked his watch, seeing that it was six o'clock.

For the first time since he had come here, he was apprehensive to call Ailyna. He was scared of her negative reactions at his physical appearance. Since the last call, he had pierced his right ear another time on the lobe, right beside his first piercing, and a third time on the tip of his ear. His right ear now had a small silver deer earring, a tiny black gem stone, and a small silver ball on his cartilage piercing while his left ear remained untouched except for the microcosm silver deer earring. Apart from his ears, his hair had changed because of the new color he had dyed it. Luhan had re-dyed his hair a russet brown color which highlighted his now fair and dewy skin, partially because he couldn't get used to the blonde hair, which had resulted from frequent visits with his group to the dermatologist. Along with that, he had shed a couple of pounds, slimming his already slender frame and creating a more popular V-look that the Korean Entertainment Industry loved. Despite all of this, the biggest thing that had created this reluctance was the fact that he was currently wearing make-up and had an artist fussing and styling his hair. He wasn't wearing a lot, but the thin eye-liner was definitely noticeable, and he was also wearing a more inconspicuous concealer.

Sighing, Luhan called Ailyna at the spoken time just a few minutes late, plugging the headphones into his ears to block out the other chaos going on around him as the band and other trainees got ready for the shoot. "Hey, sorry about the ruckus, but the call will have to be a little shorter today.. We're getting ready for a music video shoot with another band to promote Viva when we debut. How's college treating you? How are your roommates? Are they home? I'd rather not want to meet them with make up on.." Luhan joked.

That week Ailyna had finally met her room mates: four boys and one other girl. And actually what Ailyna feared, that her roommates would not like her, turned out to be false. Her roommates were very kind. They had nicely introduced themselves, they had invited Ailyna to have dinner together each Monday from next week on and they even gave Ailyna a present. It had turned out that the present was actually a crate of beer. Ailyna tried telling them that she'd never drunk beer before, and did not intend to do it either, but they had already withdrawn themselves into their rooms, and Ailyna's words were spoken to nobody. Well she guessed it was kind of nice of them to give her a present anyway?

And of course, school had finally started for Ailyna as well. So much had happened and Ailyna couldn't wait to tell Luhan all about it. Ailyna had seated down in her couch just before their spoken couch and she waited for Luhan to call her. She had considered to call him a couple of times, but she was afraid that she might wake him up. In the end, he finally called, a few minutes later than they had planned. The facetime conversation started.
"Woow!" Ailyna exclaimed. "You just asked me a lot of questions at once!" Ailyna tried remembering what he said and answering meanwhile.
"First of all, congratulations, I guess...? I did not knew that you would be in a movie clip so soon already! Do you know when you will debut? And I have finally met my room mates! They seem nice." Ailyna quickly summarized what had happened. How they invited her for diner and the present they gave her. "I don't know what to do with it though" she said as she pointed the camera of her phone towards the crate that she'd stored in a corner of her room. "Do you think I should try to drink a b..beer?" she asked, like it was poison they gave her.
"Oh and school has started as well... oh my gosh, I have so much to tell you about school, that I don't know where to start! But enough about me, how are things going there? I see you've dyed your hair again. I still prefer your natural hair color, but I have to admit that this is at least better than blond!" She also noticed his piercings but did not really want to mention, afraid that she had to confess to Luhan what she really thought about them.
"What about your roommates? Are they still asleep?"
At that point Ailyna realized she was talking way to much and that she had to take a break to make Luhan able to reply. It was just... since Luhan moved away, Ailyna had no-one anymore to do her daily conversations with.

60a82bc35687bab0fc89c825cf6a58d6.jpg
Luhan flinched as the lady moved forward, applying liquid liner onto his top lid along with a dab of mascara, something wasn't quite right. What kind of roommate would give an underaged student a crate of beer? How did they even get their hands on beer in the first place? Where Ailyna's roommates older than her? Warning flags went off in his head, "Ailyna.." Luhan murmured warningly, "you're an underaged college student. Don't you dare try and drink beer. Either throw it out or dispose of it, but don't you dare try and drink it. There are plenty of better things to try in college than drinking beer and getting in trouble freshman year." Luhan's voice trembled as his thoughts drifted back to last year. A close friend of his had recently passed away after a drunk driving incident where he had had a little too much to drink at a graduation party.

"Mmm." He murmured halfheartedly as the girl styled his hair, spiking the front part up a bit while arranging the back of his head in a styled messy bedhead look. "I like this hair color more, it's less to get used to, I guess. Baekhyun and Jimin are probably still sleeping in our dorm, Lay's here though... We'll all have a photoshoot later for promotional pictures since we're debuting in a couple more weeks. Are your roommates guys or girls?" Luhan cocked an eyebrow suspiciously.

"There are four boys and one other girl" Ailyna explained. "The girl is 22. And the boys are 20, 20 and 23. I haven't met the last one yet. I think he is still on vactaion?" Ailyna said rather confused. Didn't he have college as well? "And even though their present is kind a... strange. They seem pretty nice. They invited me to dinner next Monday. What do you think?" Ailyna smiled. "Oh, and don't worry! I get rid of the beer!"

"Yeah" Ailyna said. "I agree! Your hair color now looks more like it used to be. I think brown fits you better than blonde." Ailyna now tried to carefully bring up the subject of make-up. "Shouldn't I be the one using make-up?" she asked jokingly. "You know, since I'm a girl? And make-up is more a girl-thing?" Ailyna had never used make-up before. She preferred just to have a more natural look. "And I never knew you had your debut so soon!" Ailyna said enthusiastically. "You really have to tell me everything! What will your first single be like? Will you be preforming on stage? Are you going to tour?"

"Your rooming with boys..?" For the first time in a while, Luhan was grateful that no one here other than him understood English. "Stay safe then, keep a slight distance from them though.. I don't care how nice they are or seem, we all know what hormonal college boys can do." Shutting his eyes and holding his breath as the stylist sprayed hairspray over his newly styled hair.

"We all need a bit of tv make up, but eyeliner and such are really popular here in South Korea, you don't ever really see a k-pop star without it.. We've started recording, we'll be performing on stage in a couple of months time with another group as well. We'll be touring but only in South Korea. It's going to get really busy soon, there might not be as much time to talk with you." Luhan warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.