Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi
Hey y'all, I'm putting down an interest check to see if I can drum up interest for an RP I'm putting up in a couple of days. Writing and editing the OOC is just taking that long due to its complexities. It'll definitely be a long OOC to read but I've separated everything into tabs in the formatting so it won't be a huge strain on the eyes.

This has been something that has been years in the making, roughly 3-4 years of tinkering with story elements as well as taking six months to create multiple maps of the world (in MS paint though unfortunately). Before I start with a brief synopsis of whats going on (if I can even do that) keep in mind that this is an RP with dark and mature themes as well as themes of a sexual nature at times. Thus I'm putting an age requirement of 16 and over. I was considering putting an 18+ rating, but since I don't plan on this RP having any explicit sexual imagery I don't wish to exclude someone just shy of 18. I know if I was a Junior/senior in High school and couldn't join an RP because of my age group, I'd be pretty annoyed.

Okay, so lets get down and dirty and see if I can sum this all up for you guys without just copy & pasting the OOC sections I have finished.

9qxHtMs.png

The map you see is that of a Land simply known as The Continent, there is no creation myth in this world as no one knows how the world or the Universe was created. At least the majority don't. The earliest historical records was how after the Demons wiped out the Dragons in their war of a thousand years, they were banished by the combine might of the Humans, Elves and Orcs and carved the Continent into their own Kingdoms and City-States and the world settled into a stagnant peace that has last 4000 years.

50 years ago that peace was shattered due to the War of Kaldra. Kaldra, a Orcish Necromancer who possessed a legendary staff that summoned infinite legions of the undead. Paranoid and xenophobic. She declared that all elves were vermin that needed to be exterminated and all Humans worthy of only being slaves and unleashed her armies of Orcs and undead upon the world. Setting her sights upon the Elves first. The Human Kingdoms and City-States to caught up in their own affairs to offer aid to the Elves, did nothing as Kaldra systematically sacked their Kingdoms and killed their people. Within a few years, the Elves were no more and their Kingdoms were transformed into the Western and Eastern Wild Lands respectively. With one race wiped off the map, she turned her sight to the Humans and would have most likely been successful in subjugating them had not a Legendary King, Lysander of Gyrus, mounted a last attempt counter-attack against her forces. Killed her and smashed her staff into pieces. Turning the infinite undead into Ash.

The remaining Orc armies fled back to their homeland where Lysander pursued them, claimed their fertile Farmland for himself, destroyed their capital and incinerated their infrastructure. After the war, Lysander issued an international proclamation, "The Elven Retribution" that stated that all Orcs found outside their borders would be killed on the spot. All Kingdoms and City-States agreed to this and made amendments in their laws to include the document. Even Ragabash, the only Human region to ally with Kaldra, was forced to comply to the demands.

Peace only last for 20 years though as a new menace appeared. A group of warriors, calling themselves the 12 Wandering Warlords began a rampage throughout the Western Vulgo, specifically targeting the royal families and noble houses of the various City-States, killing hundreds of people in the process. Their stated goal was the destruction of all monarchies and the death of Kings. They finally challenged Lysander himself, and in the 1st battle a group of 12 people crushed an army of 1500 easily and it was only then that the world learned of their true strength in battle. While the 2nd battle against Lysander proved inconclusive, the 3rd battle would result in tremendous destruction when one of the Warlords accidentally summoned a towering Deity that spoke in a language of Gibberish and who's power threaten to destroy the entire continent. It was only through the Lysander and the Warlords combining their forces that they manage to seal the creature away. Since then, the deity that appeared has been called "The Lord of the Apocalypse".

The Warlords quietly disbanded after that. Mostly disappearing entirely and going their own separate ways.

It has been 50 years since the war of Kaldra and 30 years since the Warlords made their brief entrance and now it looks like another confrontation might come about. For Ragabash looks to be unified under a charismatic despot and worse still. The trading caravans from the Eastern Vulgo that provide the large Gyrus military with all its steel weapons have been mysteriously disappearing in the Eastern Wild Lands and has been doing so for the past six months! The situations has gotten so dire that the now elderly Lysander has given a trusted knight, Sir Benedict, the task of recruiting a few competant professionals to join him in an expedition into the Eastern Wild Lands to find out why the Caravans have disappeared.

And you are those Professionals.

What I'm looking for is a group of 5-8 players who can give me a a paragraph or two (ideally more) and can give me a post a week though this may slow down as the RP continues.

If you've taken a look at the map above, you've noticed a number of regions throughout the map. I've made separate maps for each region that include towns, cities, forts, ports and roads along with a detailed description of each one so that not only can the player have a better, more complex understanding of the world at large, but can use that to help craft a character that can easily fit into the world.

Other things include magic (kinda obvious but just stating) a total lack of firearms or any gun-powder related weapons, a complete removal of the race options (only humans are really relevant now) and worshiping Demons or being part of a cult if you're into that sort of thing (though it does come with its own problems). If this all sounds vague, it just is for the Interest Check and I have mostly everything fleshed out in the OOC, this is just a quick summary of everything to see if anyone is interested.

Oh. One more thing, the RP is party based. Meaning all the characters will form one giant party and go on adventures. I know some RP's like to have their characters all over the place, but I prefer this method for now.

If somehow I've rendered interest in this mess of a post, and you have some questions. Let me know and I'll be happy to answer for you :)

• Love
Reactions: Dovahkiin
I like to party.

I want in! Hopefully, my medieval characters fit this!

Okay lol, I need to stop getting into these interest checks right away. What are we using to describe our character? Realistic face claims or anime?

Okay lol, I need to stop getting into these interest checks right away. What are we using to describe our character? Realistic face claims or anime?
I doubt he is a stickler about what, but typically Slade uses semi realistic portraits... so not photos, but not anime?

Yay for people!

Interested! Sorry had a migraine all day!

*looks at the triple threat squad* o.o All good friends, I take it?

*looks at the triple threat squad* o.o All good friends, I take it?
Haha yes , indeed we are pretty close friends. Been writing partners for years.^^

Awesome :3 well, I look forward to RPing with y'all and hopefully getting to know you all better ^_^
We are pretty easy to get along with and totally active. The Girls and I for sure look forward to getting to know you and have plenty of fun! ^_^

Hey people, thanks for showing interest! Wish I could have gotten back quicker but I've been working all day.

As far as the question regarding pics. My personal preference is more realistic art but go for whatever you want. That's minor stuff to me.

Reactions: Katori
@Slade I have another question! Will this be a detailed CS or a brief one? Would it be possible to start working on it now? c:

-has a soft spot for medieval fantasy

Definitely interested.

Hey~hey^^!!

Interested!

But! Some of the Regular rundown: can we play multi charries, is there dice/stats use?

Oh! And just what level of badass are we looking at?

@Slade I have another question! Will this be a detailed CS or a brief one? Would it be possible to start working on it now? c:
The cs template is simple but allows for you to get as detailed as you want. I want a name, age, appearance, a bio, an equipment list, and finally a list of your characters strengths and weaknesses to round out your abilities. You can start working on a draft of your cs now if you want, though I wouldn't recommend making a final one based on the shortened and sloppy information you have in the interest check.

I think it will be almost impossible to not make a detailed cs when you see just how much "stuff" will be in the ooc.

Hey~hey^^!!

Interested!

But! Some of the Regular rundown: can we play multi charries, is there dice/stats use?

Oh! And just what level of badass are we looking at?
Only one character per player. I really want players to settle down and focus on one character.
In terms of badass and power level. Be good/above average at what your character does but not god-like. I know there are quite a few NPCs in the game with god-like powers. But player characters will be getting stronger throughout the RP if they stick with it.

Also no stats at all. I will be rolling a dice for certain events and chances to hit, etc and I will apply buffs and such where it applies with rolls. But this is far from a table top experience

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
The cs template is simple but allows for you to get as detailed as you want. I want a name, age, appearance, a bio, an equipment list, and finally a list of your characters strengths and weaknesses to round out your abilities. You can start working on a draft of your cs now if you want, though I wouldn't recommend making a final one based on the shortened and sloppy information you have in the interest check.

I think it will be almost impossible to not make a detailed cs when you see just how much "stuff" will be in the ooc.

Only one character per player. I really want players to settle down and focus on one character.
In terms of badass and power level. Be good/above average at what your character does but not god-like. I know there are quite a few NPCs in the game with god-like powers. But player characters will be getting stronger throughout the RP if they stick with it.

Also no stats at all. I will be rolling a dice for certain events and chances to hit, etc and I will apply buffs and such where it applies with rolls. But this is far from a table top experience

Thanks for answers! But gunna withdraw interest. Something about dice and RP just don't sit right with me. Yucky :/

But good luck with RP err'body^^!!

Status
Not open for further replies.