3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, romance, slice of life, anti-hero stories, "you're our only hope", fandom non-canons, soft scifi, transhumanism, magical girls, horror, suspense / mystery, detective noir, fractured fairytales
theysleepinlavendergardens-banner.png

A thriller story by @IceQueen and @Pahn

OOC Thread Link

seattle-sunrise-edit.png

Monday October 12, 2020
Seattle, WA, US

Ding ding.

Something jumped on the bed and made its way slowly towards the pillows. Its fluffy white tail was swishing left and right with pride as it sat on a pillow right beside Maryam's sleeping face.

Ding ding.

"Mraaaaw." The white cat shifted and made his bells ring again, extending his paw to prod the woman's face. When she didn't move, he got closer and gave a rough lick on the tip of her nose. "Mraaaaweeeooow." Just as his paw was back on her face, an alarm clock went off and Maryam Jindal jerked awake, scaring poor Snowbutt away.

"Ugh... what time..." The woman reached over to her phone and slid her fingers all over the screen in hope to make it shut up. It didn't. With a groan, she grabbed it and squeaked an eye open: 7:15 AM. Damnit, this was already the fourth snooze?! Pushing the covers off, she jumped out of bed and made a quick affair of placing them back in place. Old habits died hard, even when she was late.

Special Agent Jindal showered and dressed in a surprising short amount of time. She wore her usual tight black slacks and white tanktop covered by a deep purple blouse. She hated wearing pencil skirts and pantsuits, they were office-wear and were not comfortable when she was on the field. Not that she had any on-going investigations at the moment, but today she was supposed to spend time at the lab with her nerd squad. Her CO had demanded she bond with them, to create a team spirit and build trust. If that meant being given hot cases, she was all for hanging out with lab dorks.

At 7:45, Maryam was out of her loft after feeding her cat Snowbutt, filling her travelling coffee mug, and grabbing the day-old croissant left in her fridge. It was far from a filling breakfast, but she didn't have time to prepare a lunch either so she would have to eat out for lunch. While she was driving towards the lab, her phone rang in through the Bluetooth connection in her car. Glancing at the name, she sighed and pressed the button to connect the call.

"Morning Brenda. What do you want?" Her tone was plain and short.

"Well hello to you too, Maryam. That's not a very warm way to greet your girlfriend."

The woman rolled her eyes and shook her head, her brows twitching in annoyance. "We're not dating, dear. It was fun while it lasted, but I told you this already, we have to stop seeing each other. You're getting way too attached. Sorry." She wasn't sorry at all. Brenda was clingy and represented the very stereotype about lesbians bringing a U-Haul to the second date.

"You're such a bitch, you know that?" The woman on the speaker sighed obnoxiously and took an annoyed tone as she continued. "So I guess I won't see you at the art show tonight at the university? I had bought you a ticket, you know."

"Yes, after I told you half a dozen times I wouldn't be able to make it. And then at least two other times after that where I said I didn't want to go. Look, Brenda, I have to go, I'm almost at work. Stop calling me every morning, we both need some space. Have a good day." Before her ex could respond, she ended the call. Leaning her head back and closing her eyes, Maryam waited at the red light and breathed deeply. The other woman was immensely annoying, but it was better that she dealt with her calls instead of ignoring them. Last time, it had led to twenty missed calls and almost fifty text messages. This was manageable, at least, while she was single.

Finally arriving at the lab, Maryam took a long sip of warm coffee and grabbed her briefcase and purse as she left her car. Today was going to be a long and probably awkward day.

Meooowww

"Ugh, stupid cat go away."

Mrooowww

The constant pawing of the rescued, one eared tortie cat at her owner was slowly rousing Kaden from her slumber in the tidy house. Kaden slowly opened her eyes to be greeted back by the milky blues of Clide, her cat who was currently rousing her from bed for food. The sun had barely peeked over into the sky, spilling into the posh thirtieth floor apartment. Groaning, Clide's master slowly roused from bed, kitty socked feet hitting the dark hard wood floors just after Clides.

"Alright Stinky Butt. Just wait two minutes, jeeze."

The sleepy Kaden slowly wandered towards her kitchen where the smelly cat food that Clide so desperately wanted was stored. Kaden understood why they wanted food that smelled so pungent, it sure as hell beat the smell of liquefied intestines full of shit. Scooping a healthy amount of both wet and dry food into a stainless steal bowl, Kaiden dropped it into the metal wire frame that held his water off the ground before procuring some food for herself.

Tugging out eggs and bacon from the fridge Kaiden started off her healthy breakfast by scrambling the eggs. She tossed fruit into a blender with some milk, making a nice chocolate and strawberry smoothie for the morning hours. After downing some eggs and crispy bacon the forensic anthropologist headed off to go clean her body and get ready for the day.

Choosing an outfit wasn't hard for the doctor. She would be covered up for most of the day but formalities required she dress semi decently. Grabbing a pair of grey slacks and a royal blue blouse Kaiden tugged them on over her now mostly dry body. The smell of lavender floated around in the air, a favorite of the doctor who so often dealt with death. A little bit of makeup and some studs in her ears completed the look and she was off to work.

"Bye Clide. Don't knock over the trash can!" Kaden called back to the bare posh apartment as she slammed the door. Smoothie in hand, Kaden headed off to the elevator all the way to the parking garage. Set up in their designated spots were the expensive sports cars, all in shades of blue to black, lined up nice and pretty. Kaiden settled on a Ferrari F60 America that shimmered like the billions of stars in the sky.

The drive to the institute wasn't long. In fact she made it there in record time besides a few guys trying to stop her for an autograph or a number. She had no time for pleasantries. A body was still set in the lab, not the usual violent case but a case that needed investigation none the less. Her parking spot was at the very front of the car garage, and Kaden didn't even have to park. She passed the keys off to the valet and they did it for her. She headed straight down for the lab as soon as possible.

"Good morning Nanook. How is the cleaning of the bones going? I trust you didn't spend too much time on it. Daniel needs the scraps for analysis in the mass spec." Kaden said as she tugged on her lab coat, her hair already neatly put back in a small ponytail. Her current inter Nanook, a Alaskan native who had moved to Seattle in hopes of furthering his exploration in forensics where there were more murders, was examining pristine bones that laid on the table in the bone room. His ebony eyes met hers as he set down one of the flanges.

"Yes Mam. The scraps have been delivered. So far preliminary results have heeded nothing on the possible cause of death other than factures that are contributed to the crash." Nanook said softly, folding his hands behind his back. Kaden stepped up to grasp the femur and take a closer look. "Well then I guess we have to check twice."

• Love
Reactions: Pahn
Once she was through the doors of the Seattle Baltimor Institute of Anthropology, Maryam felt like she had been teleported to the future. The lab was a state-of-the-art technology place, with fancy machines that made interesting whirring noises, while nerds in white lab coats and goggles broke their backs looks into microscopes. She was always a little intimidated by them, since most of those were researchers with a doctorate or post-doctorate and were mentors. There was always a strangeness to being so outrageously standing out as perhaps the least educated person in a 100-metre radius, but it was something she could tolerate for a couple hours a week. As long as it got her some good cases, of course.

"Huh?" While she had been busy ogling a particularly hot lady in a lab coat, a guard had accosted her for some ID. Didn't he recognize her? She was here at least once every few weeks! "We really have to do this every time?" The FBI agent flipped over her ID with the insignia, and she was let through with a GUEST pin. With an annoyed sigh, Maryam made her way towards the area her usual team was. Her partner was a quirky cute woman, almost her age, who seemed to have puppet strings all over the place. Everyone always did their work, and she had never seen unhappy interns. In fact Maryam was fully aware she was probably assigned to one of the best forensic anthropologists in Seattle.

She watched from a short distance as the woman went from station to station, asking questions and wanting to know every last detail of her colleagues' progress. She had to admire that: Dr Kaden Arbor was always on top of things, even if she looked like a wild child. Now though she looked like a mother hen look after her baby chicks, and it was endearing to watch. Once she seemed to have made her rounds, Maryam made her way towards her while her mind made back-flips to find a topic of conversation. Today was bonding time but there was a corpse right there and she was devilishly curious.

"Good morning, Dr. Arbor. Special Agent Jindal, we met a few weeks ago, we've been assigned partners. Today is apparently gruesome murder day!" Maryam tried to laugh but it came out awkward and a little forced. She hoped the other woman's social skills were similar to those of most lab dorks.

After a short moment of silence, the agent pushed her aviator sunglasses into her short black hair and took a step back, her eyes suddenly falling on the femur in Dr. Arbor's hands. It was cleaned, but obviously freshly so, and despite the amazing ventilation system, there was still this ungodly smell of death. It wasn't particularly pleasant, first thing in the morning. "I'll uh... Let you work, on that. Uh, I think I'll just wait here until you have more to tell me about this body." She smiled again and this time it was more successful than her forced laughter.

Meanwhile, her eyes swayed across the room. They were all very concentrated on their work, and for a moment she wondered if they had even noticed her arrive. She didn't want to bother them though, it was something that irritated her so she definitely wouldn't impose it on others. Dropping her briefcase, Maryam took a sip of warm coffee and sighed silently, letting the warmth of the beverage spread across her chest.

Kaden spent some time with Nanook in the bone room, studying the recently purified bones. They smelled a bit like the chemicals, though they tried to use the least harmful ones. Kaden took a deep breath before setting down the bone. "I'm going to make my morning rounds Nanook. Please keep looking at the site of the crash impact fractures. They could be covering some of the wound sites." Kaden mumbled before leaving.

Kaden's first stop was the bug room. It was the den of Danny, the local weirdo. He was into dirt and anything that crawled. He was a real nature guy at heart, broke as anything beside his job. Kaden had to regularly fish him out of trees.

"Danny, what's up with the pollen samples on the shirt from the crash. Anything exciting?"

"Well," Danny started in his usual carefree tone, "The pollen is from a regular old pine tree. That doesn't help much but what does is that the location we found the driver wasn't anywhere close to a pine forest. Not only that but there was also a mix of maple pollen. A Japanese maple, more common to be planted in front of someone's home than in the middle of a forest."

"Good job Danny. Find all the houses that have a Japanese maple within a 10 block radius of the crash site. See if you can get any more particulates from his shoes. It could be that he was transported there, it could be he walked. Let me know if there are signs of gun residue anywhere on his clothing. He had restraint marks all over his wrists but none evident on his neck. There had to be fowl play of some sort."

As Kaden was finishing up the rest of her rounds around the lab she heard a voice. Looking over at the officer who was standing there Kaden paused. The woman had only showed up a few times so far, not nearly enough for the guards to recognize her, or even Kaden.

"Ah, right. Agent Jindal then? Or is just Jindal fine. I think it's easier to say. Welcome regardless. We're dealing with a single murder victim at the time. It appeared to be a person on car collision at first but I found evidence of restraint marks on her wrists so the possibility of an accident was ruled out quickly. That and the car seems to have gone missing. All traffic cameras were off at the time so we have no license plate number for the car." Kaden said as she walked around. "Unless you have plans on making common pleasantries I don't have much to say. It shouldn't be long though."

By the time Kaden looked up the agent seemed uncomfortable. Kaden looked at the bone she had just set down and then back at the agent. "I'm sorry is the smell bothering you? Some people don't really like the smell of rotting flesh. Also please, call me Kaden. It's fine to be on a first name basis with me. I prefer it actually. Though I would be more inclined to use yours if you came around more than once every two weeks."

• Love
For a moment, Maryam was grateful for her partner's apparent lack of social graces. It was going to save her face a few times, she reckoned. Taking another sip of coffee, the agent nodded and followed Kaden with her eyes.

"Kaden, all right. Uh, you can call me Maryam. That's my name, yep." Oh get it together woman. She bit the inside of her cheek while she thought about this new case. It didn't exactly ring like an accident from the bits she heard, but there hadn't been any signs of foul play. There was no need to rush the labcoats.

"Yeah, I keep being buried under paper work the office. A new batch of recruits finally showed up, so they're doing that and I can finally come out and play." The agent finished her coffee and switched the safety cap on the travel mug before picking up her briefcase again. In a swift hand motion practised a thousand times over the years, Maryam toggled the metal tongue of the case and dropped her mug in it before closing it back up. "Can't say I'm a fan of the smell, no. I'll live. Where's the on-scene repo-- ah, there."

The special agent's eyes fell on a blue file folder and identified the police stamp on it, and to her surprise the FBI stamp wasn't on it. The feds hadn't been called to the scene, another sign that they had no reason to suspect foul play. Without really asking, she made her way to the table where the file was sitting and picked it up, her morbid curiosity taking over for the time being. "Only smells, though. If dead people didn't smell bad, it'd make my job so much easier. I mean, if assholes stopped killing people too, but then I'd have no job. No money no candy." Maryam winked at Kaden and continued looking through the gruesome pictures of the crime scene.

"No cause of death yet. Any signs of foul play? Are we calling this a murder? Waiting on your word, miss Kaden."

Kaden shook her head, wild colored hair tossing about lazily as she offered up a good smile. "Well then Maryam, welcome back." Kaden said simply, taking off her gloves and depositing them in the trash can as the agent started to wander around.

"I see. The FBI must have as much paperwork as we do here! Nothing goes undocumented under my nose. Maryam, please meet doctor Nanook. He's an intern here from Alaska." Kaden said, gesturing to the tall dark skinned man to her right who was looking at the crash sites in great detail. The man glanced up and gave a brief nod before going back to his work.

"I like to go on a first name basis in the lab for lab residents and interns. It helps considering some people in here have the same last name. Plus it makes them understand when I'm about to break them in half because I use the last name." Kaden said, her smile staying like she hadn't just openly stated she would murder any of her assistants if they pissed her off enough.

"You should be glad you aren't in my lab a lot then. We have some bodies that are pretty much vomit flesh sludge and bones on a table. That makes the room smell up real quick." Kaden said cheerily. Nanook eyed the doctor with concern, his brown eyes flashing from Kaden to Maryam before resuming his work.

"No cause of death yet but there was some slight marking around the flesh on his wrist. It was slight but it was there. The police didn't believe me. I'm having my bug guy run the swab I got from the area through a mass spec. It should be done in a little bit. I also had him run some samples from the suit. So far we have no leads besides that there was pine and Japanese maple pollen on his jacket at the time of the collision. So far no gun residue." Kaden said, folding her hands behind her back. "So far the bones don't tell me much, but I'm re examining every fracture we considered part of the crash. I have someone simulating the crash to account for all the markings based on data we got at the scene." Kaden stated, putting a fresh pair of gloves back on to pick up one of the fractured flange.

• Love
Maryam couldn't help smiling back at Kaden, even when she made not-so-discreet threats about breaking the interns in half. Her eyebrows dropped in a slightly pouty expression as the lab lady explained that her personal lab often had decomposing bodies on a daily basis, and for a second she wondered how herself she didn't smell bad at all.

"Well then, I'm sure glad this fancy place has a lot of ventilation." The dark skinned woman chuckled and brought hand to her face as they got back to the corpse and its bones. A more serious expression fell on her face though as Kaden described the situation, and her mind began documenting all of the details, making random connections and sometimes coming up with way too much of a vivid mental image.

"Right, definitely a murder victim here then. Were there any Japanese maple trees in the area where the body was found? And I've got the notes in the file here that say we didn't find neither the car nor the driver. Were the victim's hand bound when she was found?" The woman's brown eyes looked over the file notes again, but they were so vague and incomplete. New recruits everywhere it seems. A sigh later Maryam had her pen out and was jotting down everything Kaden had told her. Once that was done, she let her eyes wander once again towards the pretty doctor and let her wild (and terribly horny) imagination take over. Normally she wasn't a fan of crazy hair colours, but Kaden was pulling it off and still managed to look professional. And attractive.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Kaden chuckled. "Ventilation and about a million airfresheners." She joked, looking over at the agent. "Just don't touch anything without gloves if you can help it. Evidence is important when taking things to court." Kaden mumbled, putting down the finger and leaning against the table.

"As far as Japanese maple there was none within two blocks of the crash site so we widened our search to the closest 40 miles. It's going to take a while but we'll get there. We have Angela working on the tire tracks to get a model match, which knowing her will take hours because the bloody woman doesn't actually work without speaking five leagues of narcissism." Kaden grumbled, almost snapping the delicate bone in her hand. After spotting the terrified look on Nanoook's face, Kaden smiled and gently set the bone back down onto the table slowly, giving off an apologetic smile.

"Anyway, the victim wasn't tied up when we found them. At first they thought it was an accident because they couldn't see the small lacerations on the wrists at the time. The evidence we have is in some bone malformation due to them rubbing together." Kaden mumbled.

• Love
The FBI Special Agent couldn't help the small chuckle at Kaden's joke about air freshners. She cleared her throat once they were back on topic, her eyes going from the woman's pretty face to the bone she was dangerously playing with, but thankfully the intern's horrified look reached Kaden. This Angela person did not sounds like someone pleasant to work with; every office had an Angela-like person.

"Well, I know for a fact that there are Japanese maple trees in some of the most high-end neighbourhoods outside the city, especially in the Makoto suburb, or what they call Little Asia. All the rich Chinese, Korean, and Japanese business people live there. Might be worth taking a look." As she was speaking, Maryam was jolting down every keyword. She hated doing racial and cultural profiling like this, but in murder cases it would be unprofessional to ignore such obvious ties.

The victime not having her wrists tied up on discovery was interesting, and Maryam couldn't shake the thought away; the body must having been moved. Placed somewhere in a completely different district, someplace busier or where accidents might be more frequent. Such set-ups always looked perfect for the inexperienced crime-doers. Driving over the body though -- that was some dedication right there. Someone had desperately wanted to destroy evidence and bury secrets.

Maryam bit the end of her pen, her eyes unfocused as her mind went through all kinds of acrobacies. It always happened whenever she was faced with a strange situation where single elements stood out and just didn't make any sense. A grim thought had been lingering in the back of her mind, and she finally voiced it. "I didn't see any mentions of any kind of sexual assault on the body. Would it be possible to run more tests for any signs of drugs, or other body fluids that might not belong to the victim?"

• Love
Kaden sighed and nodded her head. "Unfortunately unless I do it myself that won't be done anytime soon and I haven't the slightest clue what to look for. Do you think you could look for any houses that have maples and tag them on a sheet for me? Or just list them either words." Kaden mumbled, smiling up at the agent. "Angela takes a little too much time and if we are considering sexual assault part of the possibilities I'll have Victoria run flesh through a more serious drug test. The only reason I don't suspect sexual assault primarily is because the marks on the wrists were so light. The attacker would have to hold the victim in high regard to not leave marks on her skin easily. That doesn't really fit with him running over the body to hide evidence." She mumbled, tapping her chin.

Kaden spent a good while sitting there to think before she let out a sigh. "I hate when we don't have enough evidence to make a logical conclusion. It just complicates things even more." Kaden mumbled, tugging out her hair band to let what little hair was tied in it down. "It's probably going to take a bit so is there anything else you want to do while we wait? There's a cafeteria upstairs if you haven't eaten." Kaden asked, shoving her gloves into her pocket and picking up the files. She looked back at Nanook. "I trust you can handle the examination from here? Notify me of any slight changes." She called back, before heading out towards said cafeteria.

• Love
While her colleague seemed deep in thought, Maryam had slipped out her smartphone and was texting one of her subordinates back at the office with the requested information about Japanese maple trees. The younger recruits these days were much easier to communicate with by text messaging, and it pleased Maryam a little more than she would admit. She didn't really like explaining herself over and over on the phone. Just as she was done with them, a message from Brenda came through. The woman was fucking relentless.

>I miss you, babe. Call me xoxo

Rolling her eyes and groaning in annoyance, Maryam thumbed in a reply.

>Look Brenda, we are OVER. Pls stop calling or messaging me. We can be FRIENDS. Pls, be reasonable.
>You're the one being unreasonable. I thought we had something special.
>We did, but now its over. You know I don't do longterm excl dating.
>Your fucking loss you psycho bitch.

Maryam had been so absorbed by her pathetic conversation that she almost missed Kaden's comment about the cafeteria. She had eaten, but looking at the time she realized it was almost noon already. Silently, she followed the colourful woman, almost entranced by the flashy colours of her hair. She scolded herself for letting Brenda (over all people) distract her from work. There was no time for petting ex-girlfriends when they had a murder to solve.

During their short walk to the cafeteria, Maryam thought about her reason for ditching Brenda. It was true, they had had something nice going, but the FBI agent hadn't really invested much in the relationship. She never did, even though she yearned for something a bit more substantial. It was so hard to lie to her girlfriend about her real job, to spend horrible hours at the office when all she wanted to do was kiss and cuddle. But that was the life she had chosen and Maryam Jindal was nothing if not passionate about her job.

"So, how's the food here? Smells pretty damn good." Oh great, her lame attempt at casual conversation was going just as smoothly as a teenage boy's.

Kaden was walking happily towards the cafeteria. She glanced back for a moment at her supposed partner, who seemed to be glaring angrily at her phone that kept going off. Kaden was puzzled completely by this. Was there ever a need to text someone so frequently other than for business? She had never really had any relationships like that. There were a few where guys tried to but she never stayed with them long. She wasn't the type for permanent attachment.

When Maryam spoke up again Kaden looked over at her and smiled. "Yeah. It's should be at the least considering we spend billions on research every year. They could spare a few hundred to serve us good food." Kaden joked, her gaze landing on the floor before returning to Maryam. Kaden walked up to the counter and started grabbing herself some pasta. She was a sucker for plain and simple, and stuck too it. All she ended up getting was plain pasta with butter, Caesar salad, and some garlic bread. She slid her badge across the payment screen and waved to the lady behind the counter before waiting for Maryam to join her.

• Love
Kaden's reply about the cafeteria food made her chuckle. The colourful woman had a strange sense of humour, but it was endearing. The delicious smells captured her attention and Maryam had to hold herself back from dropping her jaw like an idiot. This cafeteria served all kinds of food from different cuisines, all warm or cold. The cafe at the Office was nowhere as cool as this one, and suddenly the idea of having lunch here everyday was something she would definitely look forward to.

Splitting up with Kaden, Maryam headed towards the stirfry section. She selected a few vegetables, a mix of pork and beef, and lots of teriyaki sauce. The tantalizing scent made her salivate as she waited for everything to cook and steam together.

Once she had her plate and a fruit salad with a bottle of sparkling water, Maryam paid in cash at the counter and went to join Kaden. With a new smile on her face that read "I can't wait to stuff my face" she almost chuckled at the plain contents of her colleague's plate. "Do we eat here or...?"

• Love
Kaden couldn't stop the shit eating grin from consuming her face. She wanted to eat everything on her plate so badly she almost started eating while they walked. She did sneak a small piece of pasta as she wandered towards a close cushy looking seating arrangement. "Sit wherever. If I get yelled at I yell back." Kaden mumbled, shrugging as she set down her tray.

Kaden spared no time in making a dent in her pasta. She let out a vague noise of content as she stuck her fork back in. "I love pasta days. The lunch ladies almost always say hi to me every time I come mostly because I only get pasta when it's there." Kaden mumbled, wiping her mouth free of red sauce with a spare napkin.

"So, anything interesting going on? I saw you texting furiously earlier. Co worker giving you trouble?" Kaden asked, crossing her legs as she took another bite.

• Love
Digging in her plate didn't take very long; both Kaden and Maryam ravished their food with appetite. The rice and teriyaki content were just as delicious as their smell promised. She only took a few breaks to drink some of her water, nodding to what her colleague was saying.

"Eh, crazy ex. She doesn't stop calling or texting. She managed to get my work number somehow, so it's not like I can turn the damn thing off." With a shrug, Maryam went back to scooping spoonfuls of rice in her mouth. She kept an eye on Kaden, wondering what her reaction would be like after the casual statements of her being lesbian and single.

Once she was done scraping her bowl for scattered rice and vegetables, the agent leaned back in her chair and stretched. "I'm not much of a relationship person. I've never really had that special connection, and I figured I'm getting a little old for fairy tale romances. What about you, got anyone special in your life?"

Kaden was almost ready to go for seconds when Myram started talking again. Looking up, Kaden nodded in understanding. "I've had a few experiences vicariously through other people. I tend to get too scary when pissed off for men to come running back. A good kick to the balls usually does it." Kaden mumbled, taking up the last bits of her salad.

"Really though relationships aren't much my speed. I never have time for a normal date schedule or to be texting them all the time. In fact o hate it when people do that. It's just annoying." She mumbled, running a hand through her unkept hair. "I've never had much luck with dating either. Fairytales are myths created to explain things to children that they do not understand. They are nearly false tales of grandeur. No love is actually going to turn out that way. If your lucky you meet your significant other looking semi decent or with toilet paper stuck to your shoe. With my luck I find them over dead bodies." Kaden chuckled, leaning back in her chair again. "If she keeps bothering you I can send for someone to change your number. Easy really. Encrypt the phone so she can't call you anymore." Kaden suggested as she tugge she hair forward. Her shirt wasn't doing much good at this point. She had unbuttoned her lab coat enough to see the beginnings of her slender chest just before the fabric covered her up.

• Love
Maryam listened with mild interest to Kaden's reply, a small smile curling at her lips. She had got to stop hitting on straight women. Her eyes followed her fingers when she unbuttoned her lab coat, but they quickly went back up to her face. "Thanks, I appreciate. If she doesn't lay off in a few days, I might just take you up on that."

With a quick look at the dessert section of the cafeteria, she winked at Kaden and got up to clear her tray by the counter. She didn't usually have a sweet tooth, but she had spotted an apple pie and those were hard to resist. She grabbed a coffee as well and went back to their table. Out of habit, she took out her phone and went through her work email, wondering if she had gotten any updates.

"Oh, hey, Kaden -- Angela got a hit on the tracks, sent the make of the car at the station and they confirmed there was a stolen car reported a few days ago. Wanna join me on the ride?"

Kaden was relaxing in her chair as she watched Maryam get up and wander towards the deserts table. Kaden was quick to join her, grabbing a large slice of cheese cake before bounding back to the table. As much as she knew how bad this was for her she enjoyed every last bite of the cake.

Hearing Maryam say Angela had gotten a hit Kaden swallowed her current bite of cheesecake, glancing up at the agent. "Is that even a question at this point? Hell yeah." She mumbled, starting to wolf down her cake as fast as possible. It only took her a few minutes to finish off the entire slice. Kaden was entirely too enthusiastic about what was happening, so much so she almost tripped over the carpet on her way back to the tray return. Catching herself just in time Kaden handed over her cake plate and removed her lab coat. "What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

• Love
Maryam chuckled at Kaden's enthusiasm, but it pleased her regardless. Having a partner who was above-average smart would be a very welcomed change. Once her own dessert plate was picked up, she lead the way back to the lab to grab her jacket. She wasn't sure if Kaden had her own car but it would take the fun out of it if they went their separate ways. She motioned the woman to follow her and went right to her car. In the meantime she had received a text message with more info about the owner of the stolen car.

"Wow, the owner is at the other side of the city completely from where the body was dumped. They really want to have us chasing tail around the city." Maryam buckled up and waited for Kaden to settle then out the parking lot of the expensive lab they went. She tossed an iPod at the woman. "Here, partners always get to choose the music, if you want. You'll find pretty much anything on there."

Kaden was going to head to her own car when she watched Maryam motion for her to come over. She glanced at the lab where she had grabbed her coat, and then towards the car. Kaden dumped the coat on a bench, grabbing her outdoor coat as she headed towards the door. It seemed unreal that she was going with another woman out on a case. Normally Kaden was stuck in the office. She tried to steel her excitement into cold stone professionalism. It wasn't working well.

As soon as Kaden saw the car her excitement shot up again. She had a dope agent car, the large ones that seemed like they could roll over another car. Kaden opened the passenger door and hopped in, shutting the door behind her. As she buckled up she barely had time to catch the small device. Glancing at it, Kaden began to surf through the options and chose to play some classis from when she grew up.

• Love