They got your order wrong

what do you do when someone brings you the wrong order?

• Eat it anyway; woo surprises!

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Eat it sadly

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Politely point out the error but don't insist

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Politely point out the error and ask for a do-over

Votes: 38 73.1%
  • Try to get a discount/coupon out of it

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Raise hell

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Leave it and go somewhere else

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Eat it but write a letter/email later

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DAMMIT MINI YOU FAILED AGAIN

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it's something I really hate - or what I ordered was something I was really looking forward to - I'm not picky, and I'll eat it. Sometimes I will politely ask for what I ordered, but I'm not usually one to say anything. I consider myself a pretty passive person haha.

You ordered one thing and got another. There is no medical or religious reason you can't eat what you got, except it's not something you especially like. How do you react?

Bonus: the clerk/waiter/whoever insists they got it right
Is this...like at a fast food place or a nice restaurant

Unless someone really messed up my meal I usually just deal with it... But my grandfather is a strong believer of "I'm not paying if it's not how I want it" and every time I go out to eat with him, we tend to go to the same restaurants. And they continuously fuck up our meals. Like, over cooking, undercooking (I ordered medium, not raw or burnt. People don't understand medium and over medium), adding in random things that weren't requested, adding in things that were requested to not be added, blah blah blah. Nothing major (well, raw steak is a major issue), but he has sent back my food 4 times in a single visit because they kept fucking it up.

I got a free dessert, though. I ordered the biggest fucking dessert (it was for four people) just because I could, and it as awesome.

I will tear whole cities apart. If I want onions,

I'll get my god damn onions.

I'd say something along the lines of "This isn't what I ordered, I ordered X. Can I get that please?" and hope they don't take my tone as rude and do things right the second time around.

My afternoon voice probably would help in that manner though.​
I look between 14-22 or something.​
My afternoon voice is high-pitched.​
They'd be nice because I'd seem like a run of the mill young, cultured fuck.​

I am Jewish so this happens to me at least once in every 5 times I order food. Often when I order something that'd normally have pork of sorts on it because it sounds good (Like a Veggie & Bacon Pizza from a mom-pop pizza place) I would have to make the order have extra details (IE: Take off the bacon, add Chicken). Because of this I often get my orders done wrong, and in turn need them to take it back and remake it, after I politely correct them. Not because I want to be /that guy/ so much as because due to my religion I literally can't eat what is given.

On a side note; God fucking damn it America, why must EVERYTHING be bacon?! ;_;

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I was all for the polite route until you mentioned the server insisting they were not in the wrong. Once that moment happens I'm refusing to eat. If I'm out of town and famished this is going to make me even less considerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.