They called me a newbie, so I cried into my hands for hours at a time.

A

Azure

Original poster
Good day, Iwaku! I am Azure, an amateur visual novelist that uses roleplay as a medium through which to flesh out new characters and to draw inspiration for plots. A friend of mine (who has opted to remain anonymous) directed me to this forum, saying that the writers here are both talented and welcoming. Ergo, I've arrived to put that notion to the test!

I hail from the land of Facebook roleplay, but please try to reserve whatever scathing judgements you may have of that community for later. While the vast majority "rulpleyed like this *blushs an giggles*", there was also a closely knit group of decent writers, one that I like to think that I was a part of. Yet the times have changed, and I've decided to move onto a new place. I'm hoping that I'll find a new home in this forum. <3

I tend to enjoy following instructions, so I filled my Roleplayer's Resume out as the "Hey newbie!" thread had prompted me to do. Feel free to read it, if you're interested in what I'm capable of. Furthermore, I found the little questionnaire cute, so I answered that, too:

What nicknames do you like to be called?
Azure. Setsuko is fine, too, but that's just the name of my main visual novel project's protagonist.

Are you a boy or a girl, and how old are ya?
Eighteen and female.

What's your favorite genres to roleplay?
Modern slice-of-life, modern horror, modern mystery, modern drama. Same with historic for any of the aforementioned sub-categories, but to a lesser degree. I also delve into fantasy (Elder Scrolls, especially, but not Skyrim).

What kind of characters do you usually play?
Secondary/tertiary roles, especially observant and realistically quiet characters. Mostly girls, but I'll play guys when requested. See my resume for further details; I have other preferred roles, too.

Would you prefer Space Kittens, Angry Marines, Sparkling Vampires or Wolf Packs?
Space Kittens. I love cats of all breeds.

Give us your favorite song of the moment and SING IT LOUD AND PROUD~!
Ruri no Tori by Shimotsuki Haruka. I'll sing it...in the shower when absolutely no one is home. ;///;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS6LLrxKeCA

I look ever forward to our dealings in the future! Best of British Luck to us all.

Hallo Azure! 8D Welcome to the community! Now if we can kidnap more people from facebook rp! >:3

Why hello there Azure! Welcome to Iwaku!

I like how you think! You're going fit in just dandy here!

Hope to see you about ^^

Ooooooooooooooooh an 'experienced one'! Hello there and welcome to the community! I am Doxa and it's a pleasure to meet you. If you have any questions please ask us and we would love to help you out. Other than that, have fun!

Hallo Azure! 8D Welcome to the community! Now if we can kidnap more people from facebook rp! >:3

Mfufufu, perhaps I'll try my luck with a few old friends of mine there, in the future~thanks for the warm welcome. c:

Why hello there Azure! Welcome to Iwaku!

I like how you think! You're going fit in just dandy here!

Hope to see you about ^^

You like how I think? You honour me! And I hope to be about, too!

Ooooooooooooooooh an 'experienced one'! Hello there and welcome to the community! I am Doxa and it's a pleasure to meet you. If you have any questions please ask us and we would love to help you out. Other than that, have fun!

I do hope that your usage of quotation marks does not beget sarcasm. ;///; I actually do have some questions, though -- would this be an acceptable place to ask them? Otherwise, thanks for the friendly welcome! :D

I didn't even know face book had Role Play! Well, maybe it is for the best, it would raise to many questions with my normal friends XD

Anyway, WELCOME TO IWAKU! I hope you have a splendid time here like the rest of us do~ If you have any questions just ask and we'll all be glad to help you out~ 83

I do hope that your usage of quotation marks does not beget sarcasm. ;///; I actually do have some questions, though -- would this be an acceptable place to ask them? Otherwise, thanks for the friendly welcome! :D

Yes this would be an acceptable place =w = if not, message me?

I didn't even know face book had Role Play! Well, maybe it is for the best, it would raise to many questions with my normal friends XD

Anyway, WELCOME TO IWAKU! I hope you have a splendid time here like the rest of us do~ If you have any questions just ask and we'll all be glad to help you out~ 83

Yeah. xD It's surprisingly fun there. I had a great time with my little community; I just wanted to move onto some new folks.

Thank you! I'll keep all of your names in mind. ;D Such a welcoming group you all seem to be...

Yes this would be an acceptable place =w = if not, message me?

Excellent. How would you suggest that someone like me get started? I'm eager to join ongoing/blossoming RPs, but I'll admit up front that I'm a fairly passive person that has a hard time forwarding herself in a new place. I know that there are guides available for this, but I figured that I'd use the opportunity to get a more direct answer from some active and established users. ;w;

Azure is a Blue color!

>:[ I win something.

Welcome to Iwaku, mam! My name is Iliana and it's lovely to have you here! And now? FOR LINKS.

THE ACADEMY- A place to stretch your rp bones out and post to cool exercies, request for mentors, or be a mentor yourself!

JUMP INS - Ready to rp nao? NAO? Well, join one of these with no strings attached! No bios or nothings!

ONE V ONE REQUESTS - Wanna throw your one on one rp ideas at someone or ready to answer another? Do that here!

If you need any help and shiz, lemme know, Blue Color Lady!

Azure is a Blue color!

>:[ I win something.

Welcome to Iwaku, mam! My name is Iliana and it's lovely to have you here! And now? FOR LINKS.

THE ACADEMY- A place to stretch your rp bones out and post to cool exercies, request for mentors, or be a mentor yourself!

JUMP INS - Ready to rp nao? NAO? Well, join one of these with no strings attached! No bios or nothings!

ONE V ONE REQUESTS - Wanna throw your one on one rp ideas at someone or ready to answer another? Do that here!

If you need any help and shiz, lemme know, Blue Color Lady!

Would you believe that it's not even my favourite colour? xD It's just become a name that I tend to use in favour of my own.

These options look awesome. Wow. The lot of you clearly know what you're doing; it's beginning to look like my friend was right about this site. <3 Thank you so much!

Facebook has a roleplaying community?

THE THINGS YOU DO LEARN.

Welcome to Iwaku. I'm Grumpy. Sometimes Diana yells at me to do things for the forum. If you need help with getting started RPing here, just give one of the folks with the red or blue names a shout. That's what we're here for.

Facebook+roleplay.... = a disaster waiting to happen in a couple of years... anyway welcome to Iwaku Azure, ask if you have a question and such.

Facebook has a roleplaying community?

THE THINGS YOU DO LEARN.

Welcome to Iwaku. I'm Grumpy. Sometimes Diana yells at me to do things for the forum. If you need help with getting started RPing here, just give one of the folks with the red or blue names a shout. That's what we're here for.

Yeeeeep. Check it out some time if you're in the mood for a good laugh (a tragicomic sort of laugh), unless you somehow stumble upon the more "literate" group of individuals.

Nice to meet you, Grumpy. I'll be sure to contact you blokes if I've got something troubling me. I hope to be involved in actual roleplays by the end of the week!

Facebook+roleplay.... = a disaster waiting to happen in a couple of years... anyway welcome to Iwaku Azure, ask if you have a question and such.

Pff. It's been around for more than a couple years, my friend...xD And trust me, most of it is a disaster already. It's all about hunting for the good eggs who remember the lessons of their primary school English classes! And thanks; I shall do so if the need arises.

Oooh, oooh my lookat this!
A lovely Azure......!!!!!

WEEELCOME TO IWAKU, AZURE!!!!

I'm Selenite, pleased to meet you, girl of modern preferences!
I'm a cat-lover, too!
And azure is not actually a color of my preference- I'd rather enjoy much more the greens and earth, ambery-shaded tones.
(but azure is such a cool word)

Now onto the welcoming Ritual Of The Cookie.
whoopi_pie.jpg

Have fun, and see you around..........!

*steals a delicious cookie and runs away*

*Replaces cookie by putting a Ice cream sandwich in the freezer* You can have this if you put the cookie back, its for the new person.

But but but! There are enough cookies as it is! I just...grabbed one!

Oooh, oooh my lookat this!
A lovely Azure......!!!!!

WEEELCOME TO IWAKU, AZURE!!!!

I'm Selenite, pleased to meet you, girl of modern preferences!
I'm a cat-lover, too!
And azure is not actually a color of my preference- I'd rather enjoy much more the greens and earth, ambery-shaded tones.
(but azure is such a cool word)

Now onto the welcoming Ritual Of The Cookie.
whoopi_pie.jpg

Have fun, and see you around..........!

Aha~I feel so esteemed. ^^;; Thank you, Selenite.

Is that so? My favourite is probably something along the lines of wine, or maroon. ...But I can never make up my mind about it; I like just about all colours. xD

Ritual of the Cookie? That sounds wonderful! Thank you very mu--

*steals a delicious cookie and runs away*

O-Oh, okay...;///; *Dejection.*

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME, O BISCUIT THIEF; GLUTTONY WILL GET ME NOWHERE IN LIFE. *Drinks celebratory herbal tea instead.*

Darwwww I wanted the ice cream sandwich too...-sniffles while looking from the now half bitten cookie to Ruy- T^T You are EVILLLLLLLLL