These Violent Delights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex grinned. "If I start becoming like an Edward clone, please punch me too. I'm going to try and have a look through his papers. See if I can find anything." He lifted his foot from the water and put it on the ground. The worst of the pain had faded, and he pulled out the burn cream and rubbed it carefully into the vaguely tender skin. He carefully put it on the ground and grinned. "The cold water appears to have done it some good."

He jumped a little as he heard the key in the door. Edward walked in, and Alex was vaguely aware of the numbing in his mind. Even though he wasn't touching anyone, he reached for the power that usually came when he was trying to knock somebody out or speak to them. And it worked a little. It faded, and his mind felt sharper. He bit his lip to stop his grin.

"How are you guys doing?" Edward asked. Alex shrugged, careful to keep a grip on his ability. "Better, now. Where is she?"

He shrugged. "Testing facility. Our powers are mental- hers is physical. I want to see how it works and if it can be controlled." Alex felt vaguely sick at that. He knew that using his ability was helping- just by that.

A chuckle rumbled through her chest. "I think that can be arranged," she replied. Her smirk widened. She preferred to use violence over words. It was her specialty. She wasn't exactly the patient type. She didn't have time to talk it out. Suddenly, the door opened, revealing Edward. A scowl carved into her expression. She fortified her defenses. She wouldn't let him control her. Yun was determined to locate her brothers. She wouldn't become his mindless slave. She intended to expose him for his true side; a manipulative fraud. There was more to this superpower fiasco. One question plagued her mind; how was she still alive?

"I want to see how it works and if it can be controlled."

Her temper flared. "That girl isn't a test subject, Edward. What if it couldn't be controlled? Are you going to send her to the glue factory?" she mocked. She rose from the floor and stood up straight. Yun folded her arms across her chest. She glowered at him. His words sickened her. She knew what it meant. Yun wasn't blind. A plan formulated inside her mind. If she was shipped to the same facility that girl was sent, she could investigate more. "Physical abilities are harder to control than mental, bub. How about you do the same for me? I'm sure you're dying to send me there. Maybe I could improve. You would like that wouldn't you," she sneered. Her mind recalled her brothers, Hyun-Ki and Haneul. Her heart clenched. She would track them down, even if it killed her.

"I wouldn't be good use to you if I can't even control my ability. I can't track down my brothers if I destroy everything I touch," she pointed out.

Alex bit his lip. He agreed wholeheartedly with Yun, but saying so would reveal that he had control of his own mind. Edward looked at Alex, who doubled his efforts to keep a control of his mind. "Well. Maybe you need to fight harder to keep a control of your abilities." He said, his voice quiet. He didn't take his eyes off of Alex as he spoke, however, and Alex forced himself not to narrow his eyes.

"No. You are staying here. As powerful as Alex is, he is not engineered for close combat. You are. You will simply have to learn how to keep a better grip on your powers." Alex glanced at her, raising one eyebrow. "Now, onto our next case-"

"No disrespect, sir, but we're both injured. I don't particularly want to be running around the city on a burned ankle." He said, wrapping a bandage around the aforementioned ankle. He looked up to see Edward glaring at him. He felt like something was pressing against his mind, trying to break his barriers. He forced them to stay, and dared to raise an eyebrow.

"Now. Why don't you sit down, and tell me the truth about your power?" He wished that his power didn't require physical contact. He stood, and drew his gun. "Yun, back me up here."

"Yun, back me up here."

A smirk plastered on her face. She slipped on her leather jacket and flanked Alex's left side. She curled her hands into fists. A familiar spark of energy crackled around her palms. Her hands illuminated a faint neon purple. She was gathering energy, charging her potential attack. "Alex here told me you have the ability to negate other super's powers," she began. She lifted her hands and cracked her knuckles. Her eyes narrowed into a glare. Her expression hardened. "You're nothing but a manipulative bastard, Edward. You may of tried to control him, but you can't control me. I seen how you two interact. You're controlling his mind. I don't think it's just a simple form of negation," she continued. Yun suppressed the urge to punch Edward in the face. She would be in Alex's line of fire. If she had to destroy something, she would unleash her ability on Edward's apartment. "It's more than that, isn't it? I don't think you're in any position to refuse, Edward. One move and he'll shoot. I'm sure a bullet through your head would suit you," she jeered.

Yun flexed her fingers. Her fists gleamed a brighter purple. She breathed in deeply and exhaled through her nostrils. She concentrated on maintaining her ability. If her temper flared, she may be forced to unleash her power. She made a mental note to find a safer location. Alex wouldn't be safe. The last thing she needed was a dead teenager.

Edward narrowed his eyes, but faced against Alex and Yun, he knew that his back was against a metaphorical wall. If he attacked Yun, Alex would shoot. If he went for Alex, he'd have Yun to contend with.

"Sit." Alex hissed again. The older man glared at him as he done so. Alex didn't sit, keeping the gun pointed at Edward's head. "Talk. You've seen what Yun can do, and you know I have good aim with this gun. So I wouldn't try and bullshit us."

Edward leaned back in the chair. "Fine. I don't have power negation. My ability is similar to Alex's, but has developed to the point where I don't have to keep physical contact with them. You hungered for power, Alex. It was easy to get you on my side. But I needed to make sure that you wouldn't interfere. Your hunger for power meant you were easier to persuade to... comply." Alex narrowed his eyes. The bastard. The fucking bastard.

"I wasn't controlling you as such. I was able to remove the doubt from your mind. You could still think independently... I was just censoring your thoughts." Alex scowled. He felt his anger reinforcing his mental barriers.

"You're as bad as them. You preach about acceptance, but yet you're not afraid to censor my thoughts?!" He yelled. He saw Edward smirked and, on impulse, whirled around to face the door moments before five guys burst in. They were easily twice the size of Alex, and were dressed in clothes that covered all of their skin. Alex's power wasn't going to help.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some business to deal with." Edward said, standing up and walking away. "It has been fun, I must say. And as a reward, if you survive this fight, you can take whatever information you can find in this flat. It was very nice knowing both of you."

Edward walked out and the men started coming closer. They all had guns as well, and Alex knew that if he tried to shoot any of them, the others would retaliate.

"Fucking hell..." He muttered under his breath, trying desperately to decide what to do.

(Sorry for the delay- my internet was on the blink for a day or so)

"...but has developed to the point where I don't have to keep physical contact with them."

Her expression twisted with disgust. His ability suited him completely. Why didn't it surprise her? Unfortunately for him, he wasn't able to control her. She was too defiant. Yun rarely listened to anyone when it came to orders. Her previous behavior stemmed from finding her brothers. She would do anything to locate her siblings, even if it meant sucking up her pride. Yun flexed her fingers. Her ability was charging. Her palms crackled with kinetic energy, illuminating a brilliant neon purple. Her heart filled with adrenaline.

"You're as bad as them."

Yun snorted. She could of pointed that out. Before she could react, however, the door opened, revealing five burly men. Her eyes narrowed into slits. Edward anticipated this confrontation. Based from his behavior, he was the type to be one step ahead. A smirk plastered on her face. If he wanted a game, she will give him a war. Yun ignored Edward's last remark. Her eyes focused on the guns. She scanned her surroundings. Yun contemplated for a moment. A plan formulated inside her mind. She stepped in front of Alex, shielding him from the line of fire. Yun tilted her head back. "When I say get down, duck for cover. We might not able to scavange all the information in this flat," she warned. Yun averted her attention to the group. A grin painted her lips. She wasn't intimidated, not one bit. Weaponry didn't frighten her.

"Let's hope those suits are resilient, boys. I'm sure they were developed to negate Alex's power, but did he tell you about what I can do?" Yun jeered. She cracked her knuckles. Yun breathed in deeply and exhaled through her nostrils. She moved her left leg behind her and crouched. She lifted her hands above her.

"GET DOWN!" Yun slammed her palms on the floor in front of her. Her ability generated a kinetic shockwave that tore through the floor, traveling towards the group of men. An explosion erupted from impact, creating a massive cloud of smoke. A few men cried in pain as all of them collapsed to the floor below. Yun twisted her body around and dove behind a couch, taking cover. Yun didn't have complete control over the quantity of her energy in her kinetic charges. A few minutes later, the smoke cleared. Half the floor was missing. If they wanted to leave the apartment, they would have to exit through the fire escape. Fortunately, her attack was unpredictable. None of them men opened fire in response. Yun poked her head around the couch. Her eyes slightly widened at the scene before her. She wondered if she killed any of the men. A few may of exploded from contact. Yun stared at her hands. Yun shook her head. Now wasn't the time to be amazed. Yun turned and faced Alex.

"You alright, kid?" she inquired. Yun rose from her spot. She walked farther into the apartment, away from the massive hole in the front. There may be a clue somewhere, a piece of information that could be useful to her. Despite Edward's manipulation, he may of been correct about his statement. She couldn't let the opportunity pass.

When Yun told him to get down, Alex literally hit the floor. He heard the shockwave and winced, knowing that she had successfully summoned the authorities. "You alright, kid?" She asked. He stood up, brushing himself down and wincing slightly, but nodded. "Fine. Perfectly intact. On the outside, anyway." He joked, before raising his eyebrows at the destroyed apartment. "Bloody hell. We'd better move. I'm getting the laptop- have a quick look for anything that looks like it could be important." He made his way over to the bedroom door- or, at least, where it had once stood. He found a backpack and grabbed Edward's laptop, shoving it into the bag and grabbing a few of the letters strewn around the desk, as well as every single USB key and hard-drive he could find. As soon as he heard the sirens approaching, he legged it back into the main room. "We've got to move. Unless you want to try explaining this to the cops?" He raised an eyebrow, swinging the bag onto his back and heading towards the fire-escape.

"On the outside, anyway."

A smirk plastered on her face. She ignored Alex's last remark. She was currently searching through Edward's guest room. It was converted into a small office. She found a large bag and stuffed all the content on top of his office desk, including files, a spare cellphone, and three CDs. For a manipulative bastard, Edward was surprisingly messy. She shuffled through a small file cabinet, skimming through documents. The last drawer captured her attention. It was labeled, New Discoveries. Unfortunately, it was locked. A small frown marred her lips. If it was locked, it must be important. She ransacked the room previously, but found nothing useful. Yun grasped the handle and concentrated. Her hand illuminated a faint neon purple. A few seconds later, the lock exploded, propping the drawer open. Yun didn't have time to shift through the documents. She grabbed a few hand fulls and cleaned the drawer out. Yun rose from her position and swung the large bag across her chest. It was heavy, but she could manage.

"Unless you want to try explaining this to the cops?"

A chuckle rumbled through the chest. "I think the police dealt enough with my presence. I don't need another thing added to my record," she countered. Yun walked out of the room and followed Alex, heading towards the fire escape. She pried open the window and slipped out, landing on a metal platform. Based from the loud sirens, the authorities are close. Yun traveled down the stairs, scaling down a ladder. After she landed on top of the ground, Yun motioned for Alex to follow her. She bolted down a dark alleyway, away from the loud commotion. Yun decided it was best to regroup at her apartment. It was across town, away from the destruction she inflicted. Yun came across a chain link fence. A scowl carved into her expression. She removed her bag and threw it over the large fence. Yun scaled up the wall perfectly, demonstrating a sliver of her parkour skills. After she landed on the other side, Yun picked up her bag. She turned and faced Alex's direction. "We need to take a cab. My place is far from this sight. We'll be safe there for the time being," she declared. Yun turned around and entered the street, waving her hand at an upcoming taxi. Fortunately, it slowed down and parked in front of her.

"Where to, miss?" a man inquired gruffly.

"17th Broadwater Avenue, West," Yun answered. She instructed the cab to wait a few minutes for her friend. Yun wouldn't consider Alex a friend per say, but he was an acquaintance. Right now, both of them are escaping the local authorities. Yun was stuck protecting Alex from that madman. Edward was correct about one thing. Alex wasn't trained for close combat. She felt responsible for the young man. She involved him in the destruction of Edward's apartment. It wasn't her brightest idea, but it saved their lives. If she didn't react quickly, the group of men would open fire. She wasn't exactly a perfect human shield. Yun wouldn't be able to stop all the bullets from hitting Alex. If someone questioned her about her motives, Yun would sock them in the face. It was within her nature to protect. Albeit, she hated Alex's guts, he was tolerable, for now. He was her only ally in this situation. Yun refused to involve her best friends in this ordeal. They are better off completely ignorant. If they contacted her soon, she would have to devise a perfect cover story. Her main objective was locating her brothers. Yun was certain now that Edward was involved in their disappearance.

Alex stared at the chain-link fence. Yun had scaled it effortlessly. He wasn't throwing the backpack over- not with the laptop and hard-drives still inside. He gritted his teeth and took a running start, jumping and grabbing it. His foot found a spot to lodge and he managed to swing the other leg over. He jumped down, almost losing his balance as he landed on his injured ankle. He met Yun back at the street and climbed into the cab, sliding over to the far side so she wouldn't have to walk into the traffic. He set the backpack at his feet and pulled out the laptop. He didn't recognise the operating system, but after a few seconds, he'd managed to set up a command to search files for a string of words.

He and one of his friends had gone through a phase of wanting to be hackers, and they'd been serious about it. They'd actually done some serious research, and it was something that had always stuck with Alex. His friend was currently doing a cyber-forensics course in New York, so he knew that they had back-up if they needed to get more access to the hard-drives.

"What were your brother's names again?" He asked light-heartedly, trying to make sure that the driver wouldn't glance back and start to wonder what Alex was doing.

"What were your brother's names again?"

After Alex slipped inside, Yun joined him. As the cab drove off, Yun observed the scene of the crime. A few police cars were parked in front of the apartment building, followed by the local fire department. A small frown marred her lips. A team exited the building, carrying a body bag. She wondered if that was the only man she killed. Despite her violent nature, Yun never murdered someone. She put a few delinquents in hospitals, but not enough to take their life. Yun averted her gaze. She didn't feel remorse. Those men worked for Edward, a manipulative bastard. Her attention shifted to Alex. "Haneul and Hyun-Ki," Yun answered smoothly. Her eyes flickered to the laptop screen. Based from his typing, Alex was a experienced hacker. A faint smirk painted her lips. That reminded her of her friend, Griffin. She developed experience from her friend, but she wasn't an expert. Her computer strengths lied in coding. If someone needed a powerful firewall, she would be a perfect candidate. Yun considered it a hobby, not a career. Unfortunately, she wouldn't be finishing her last year, let alone graduating. Yun was scheduled to return to her University in a few days. A sigh escaped her lips. She wondered if everyone believed she was dead. Would that make everything easier?

Twenty minutes later, the cab parked in front of her apartment complex. Yun retrieved her wallet and paid the driver, including a tip. She opened the door and stepped out. Yun entered the building and walked towards the elevator, motioning Alex to follow. She lived on the fourth floor. Yun guided Alex down the hallway, stopping in front of a door. Yun fished out a key from her pocket, unlocked the door, and entered inside. She walked to her living room and dropped her bag in front of a coffee table. She plopped down on her couch and opened her bag, selecting a few files. "Did you find anything interesting on his laptop?" Yun inquired. She leafed through a few reports, analyzing the content. Her expression twisted with disgust. Her eyes inspected images of test subjects. She stumbled across a few experimental files. It seemed not every super gained their ability naturally. "That sick son of a bitch," she seethed. Yun tossed the files on the table and dumped all her gatherings next to her side. Yun handed Alex a spare cellphone and three CDs. "Found these during my search," she explained.

Suddenly, a ringtone blared. Yun recognized the tone. She dug out her cellphone and swiped her thumb across the screen. Yun held it to her ear. Before she could react, a string of cries filtered through the device. Yun rose from her seat and padded towards the window. She spoke in rapid Korean, urging her friend to calm down. Yun ran a hand through her hair, massaging her forehead. She leaned against the wall and peered through her window. Her expression became unreadable.

"I know, I know. I'll be fine. Don't bring Leo or Griff in this, Dar. Right now, it's best you stayed home," she answered, switching to English. Her dark brown eyes monitored the streets in front of her apartment complex. Her room was located in the front, giving her a full view of the streets below. "I know it's confusing, but I can't explain it. I don't even know what happened. Don't give me that attitude, Darcie. I won't drag any of you into this. That's my final decision, got it?" she added. Her tone was fierce. She wouldn't budge. Yun lost her brothers. She didn't want the cycle to repeat. "Make sure Leo or Griff don't leave either, kay? If any of you find me, it would be too dangerous. I can't tell you anything. Just trust me on this, Dar. I promise I'll explain everything later. Now isn't the time," she finished. Yun bid her friend goodbye and hung up. Yun pocketed her phone. She sauntered across the room and moved to her bathroom. Yun returned with a pair of hair scissors. It was time she trimmed her burnt ends. Yun didn't bother explaining herself. She silently cursed her luck. News about her death reached her friends. In a state of denial, Darcie called her. Yun was adamant about keeping her power a secret. She refused to endanger her friends.

Last edited:
He typed the names in and hit enter, watching as the laptop sorted through the files, flagging a few. The first one he opened was what appeared to be a personal file on Yun, and he started skimming down through it, looking for the two names. But at the same time, it felt strange to be reading about her, so he minimised the file and started skimming through the next.

He closed the laptop and shoved it into the backpack, following Yun into her apartment. They almost simultaneously sank onto the couch, and Alex pulled out the laptop again, reading through the file. Her brothers were mentioned as possible test subjects, something that sent a shiver down his spine. She asked him if he'd found anything, but before he could find the words to respond, she was on the phone, speaking rapid fire... He didn't recognise the language, but it sounded Asian.

When she got off the phone, he raised an eyebrow. "Everything okay?" He was pretty sure that nobody would miss him- it wasn't like anybody had known he'd been attacked. His flatmates wouldn't care, and his friends would probably think he had gone home for the weekend. His family thought he was still at university. Nobody to miss him.

"Everything okay?"

Yun sat down in front of her kitchenette table. She lifted her scissors and began trimming her singed ends. She didn't respond right away. A few minutes later, she cut a couple of inches off. Her hair draped past her shoulders, skimming across her collarbone. Yun placed her scissors on top of the table. She rose from her seat and retrieved a dust pan and broom from a nearby closet. After she cleaned up her hairy mess, Yun returned her scissors in her bathroom. Yun walked back into the living room and plopped down on her couch. She picked up a file and leafed through the pages. Her expression was unreadable. "My death hit the Obituary of my local newspaper. My friends found out and one of them called me," she answered calmly. She grimaced at her recent finding. It showed a picture of a child, mangled up from experiments. She wouldn't admit it out loud, but she had a soft spot for children. Yun closed the file. She couldn't stand the pictures.

"I don't want to endanger them. They are already at risk since I'm certain that bastard is aware of their existence," she admitted. Yun sorted through her massive stack, organizing her load. Yun intended to analyze the documents she extracted from the locked drawer. Moments later, two stacks were planted on the floor, next to her feet. Yun plucked the first file from her designated stack and opened it. Her eyes widened completely. Blood drained from her face. Her gaze remained fixated on the page in front of her. An image of her brothers, Haneul and Hyun-Ki, stared right at her. Her fingers grazed their photo. Her expression twisted with rage. "That fucking bastard! I knew it! He has my brothers! They are potential supers! They-" she cut herself off. Her eyes filled with realization. "-are new test subjects," she breathed. Her heart filled with dread. A growl escaped her lips. Yun dropped her file and scrambled to her feet. Anger rolled off her in waves. Her hands crackled with raw, kinetic energy. Her palms illuminated a brilliant neon purple. At this rate, one touch could destroy her apartment. She looked absolutely livid.

"My baby brothers are going to be experimented on. I'm going to murder that bastard! I'll rip his fucking head off!" she exclaimed. Yun sauntered across the room. Her right hand curled into a fist. She wound it back, preparing to punch her wall. In her state of fury, Yun failed to realize the consequences if she initiated the assault. Yun released her anger with violence. It was within her reckless nature.

Alex grimaced. Nobody would notice his disappearance for a few weeks, and by that point, he'd probably be dead for good or back in his normal life. He looked at the screen, clicking open a new file. One that took his breath away. Before he could even say anything, she evidently found something in her own files.

He could hear the energy crackling from her hands and stood up. He didn't know what he was going to try and do, but he was going to do something. He put his hands on her shoulders, squatting slightly so he met her eyes exactly. "Yun. Take a deep breath. Now imagine you putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger. You're going to get your vengeance. And don't you worry, because I'm going to be right behind you, with a loaded gun and the safety off. Deep breath. Try and calm yourself down."

He watched her carefully, waiting for a sign that she was starting to calm down. He'd found their names on a list of subjects, moments before she'd found their file. "Your brothers are alive. I found a list of names, and they had all the deceased subjects crossed out. Their names were still there. That's something at least."

Before she could punch the wall, a pair of hands clamped down on her shoulders. Yun whipped her head back. Her eyes flashed maliciously. However, her gaze filled with recognition. A frown marred her lips. It took her a moment to realize her situation. A sigh escaped her lips. The last thing she needed was demolishing her apartment. Yun reluctantly listened to Alex's command. She breathed in deeply and exhaled through her nostrils. She repeated the process until her ability dissipated.

"Your brothers are alive."

A faint smile painted her lips. Her heart filled with relief. She didn't fail her brothers, for now at least. Yun slipped away from Alex and padded towards her kitchenette. She retrieved a beer from her refrigerator. One bottle wouldn't affect her. She possessed a high tolerance. However, it would calm her nerves. Yun cracked it open and sipped it. "I understand now," Yun began. She fished out her deck of cards and marbles from her pockets. She planted her items on top of her table. "It made sense why Haneul gave these for my birthday. From what I gathered, his ability was supposedly precognition," she continued. Yun inspected her two gifts. She imagined a darker scenario for Edward's fate. She wouldn't settle for a simple gunshot wound. Yun intended to execute her previous threat; rip his head off. He deserved a slow, painful death.

"Hyun-Ki developed a physical ability like me; teleportation," Yun added. She sipped more of her beer. Yun was more determined to locate her brothers. She refused to give up, not when her brothers are potentially being tortured with cruel experiments. Yun wondered what happened to her grandmother. Was she murdered? Or kidnapped?

She pulled away as she calmed down, and Alex let her. He opened back up the laptop, and as she talked, typed in the two powers into the command. "I'm doing a quick search here. I noticed that sometimes the subjects were referred to as their power, so I might be able to find more on them. And while that's searching, do you mind if I get a glass of water?" He asked, heading over to where she had gotten her bear. He filled a glass and took a mouthful out of it as he sat back down at the laptop.

He clicked into a file and grinned, swallowing. "Precognition is complying with testing. Responding well. Teleportation refused at first, but is now complying." He read out. "Updated two days ago."

He looked through a few files, but nothing concrete. He grinned broadly as he clicked into one that hadn't shown up any flags, but was in the same folder.

"Yun. How about we go kick some ass?" He grins, turning around the screen. Edward had left the address of the lab on his laptop.

A chuckle rumbled through her chest. "You didn't have to ask. If you wanted a glass, help yourself," she replied bluntly. Yun returned to her seat on her couch, inspecting the laptop. She downed the rest of her beer, ignoring the strong taste. It managed to calm her nerves. She placed the empty bottle on top of her coffee table. A smirk plastered on her face. It may of been converted into a trap, but Yun didn't care. Edward was going to pay for kidnapping her brothers. No one messed with her family, no one. Yun punched Alex in the arm lightly. "I'll be the one kicking ass, kid. You still need to improve on your close combat," she pointed out.

Yun rose from her seat and walked into her bedroom. A few minutes later, she returned with two handguns, a pair of Glock 19. Her guns were loaded, including additional clips. She handed her guns to Alex. "Consider this an upgrade. It would be safer if I don't have a gun. Not exactly my best choice with my ability," Yun explained. She included her ammunition in the exchange. Yun padded towards her kitchenette and picked up her deck of cards and bag of marbles. "If I concentrate, I'll be able to condense my power in these objects. It would create more damage than my large blasts," she added. Yun turned and faced Alex. A wicked grin painted her lips.

"This will be incredibly dangerous, kid. He will most likely be expecting us so we gotta watch each other's back," she warned. Yun motioned for Alex to follow her. She exited her kitchenette and moved to her front door. Yun didn't have time composing a long, full proof plan. Saving her brothers was her top priority. After she ushered Alex out, Yun locked her apartment. Once the two walked out of her complex, Yun guided Alex to the parking lot. She retrieved a key from her pocket and clicked a button, unlocking her Ford truck. Yun opened the door and stepped inside the driver's seat. She buckled up and inserted a key into the ignition. "Navigate me to the address," Yun commanded. She shifted the gears into drive and drove out of the parking lot.

He grinned and took the guns. He couldn't help but wonder why she had them, but decided against asking. He tapped the address into one of the spare phones and followed her out, climbing into her truck. "Alright. Take the first left." He told her.

-------------------------------------------------

He climbed out of the passenger seat as they reached the lab. It didn't look like much from the outside, but Alex knew exactly what was going on. He shoved his phone into his pocket. Two weeks ago, he never would have thought that he'd be holding a gun, let alone using it and preparing to break two guys out of a lab where they turned people into superheroes. "Fuck. We probably should have gotten something to cover out faces. Still, if he's here, he'll know exactly who we are anyway."

He shrugged and headed for the building. The receptionist looked up. He considered pulling the gun, but instead smiled. "Hi. My name's Alex, Alex Hooper. I work with Edward, and he just asked us to check up on two subjects. Haneul and Hyun-Ki." She looked at him doubtfully.

"Can I see some ID?" He pulled out his wallet and handed it to her. His fingers brushed against her hand, and he allowed his power to kick in, telling her to let them in. "That all seems to be in order. Go ahead. Second floor. You'll need this for the lift." She handed him a security pass, and he grinned broadly. "Thanks." He headed for the lift and swiped the pass. It opened and he stepped inside, holding the door for Yun.

Yun listened to his instructions and flicked her left blinker. She turned left and drove down a crowded road. Her mind focused on her brothers. "I'm coming, boys. I'll do whatever it takes to save you," she thought fiercely. Yun refused to leave that building without her brothers. Frankly, she didn't care about other patients. She couldn't endanger her brothers by playing hero. On the other hand, she was determined to eradicate Edward, stopping his tyranny. A part of her wondered how she gained her ability. How was she still alive after she died from a semi truck hitting her at full speed?

creative_abstract_divider_by_toxicestea-d4fsxrx.png

She parked across the street, down a few blocks. It wouldn't be wise parking near the building. Yun killed the ignition and stepped out, locking her truck. She followed Alex, flanking his left side. A fleeting chuckle rumbled through her chest. "Edward can read minds, kid. He's a manipulative bastard. I wouldn't be surprised if he found out about us. I already warned you about this being dangerous," she countered. She jammed her hands in her pockets and sauntered inside the laboratory. Her eyes scanned her surroundings, observing the simplified lobby. It looked completely innocent, but Yun knew better. It was a ruse, a mask to fool ignorant bystanders. She remained silent, a look of boredom plastered on her expression. A few minutes later, the receptionist offered Alex a security pass. A faint smirk painted her lips. His mental ability came in handy. Yun resisted the urge to snort. She brushed past Alex, walking inside the lift. A few minutes later, they arrived on the second floor. Adrenaline surged down her spine. Yun removed her hands from her pockets and flexed her fingers. She was anxious, even a little nervous. However, it didn't show. Yun was relieved she located her brothers. She made a mental note to thank Alex properly. She wasn't the type to show gratitude, but this was different. She was going to be reunited with her brothers, Haneul and Hyun-Ki. Yun walked past a few doors, peering inside the small window. Her expression twisted with disgust. Most patients ranged from child to young adult. None of them were older than her! Yun breathed in deeply and exhaled through her nostrils. Now wasn't the time to lose her temper. Yun stopped in front of the last door on the right. She gazed inside the small window. She nearly collapsed on the spot. Her heart filled with relief.

"Haneul, Hyun-Ki," she breathed. Tears pricked at her eyes. She watched as her brothers stared at the door, almost as if they felt her gaze. Yun swiped the security pass from Alex and pressed it against the scanner. It glowed green, unlocking the door. Yun dropped it, opened the door, and rushed inside. She hugged her brothers, speaking in rapid Korean. Her brothers returned the embrace, answering in their native tongue. Her brothers towered over her, but she didn't mind. A few seconds later, Yun pulled back. She rubbed her eyes furiously. It was bad enough Alex witnessed her vulnerable side. He didn't need to see her tears.

"How are you still alive?" Hyun-Ki inquired. His eyes flickered to Alex. "Whose he?" he added.

"I don't know. I'll find out eventually. His name is Alex, he helped me locate you two. We both faced a similar fate," Yun explained.

Haneul smiled faintly. "I knew you weren't dead. My vision was correct," he mused.

Yun ruffled his hair. "I kind of figured when you left me those gifts, Han. Right now, we need to leave. We can continue this reunion later," she declared. Yun turned towards Alex. She motioned for her brothers to follow. "I have a feeling this won't be easy so stay sharp, kid. Same goes for you boys. Stay close to me," she informed. Since her brothers never saw her apartment, Hyun-Ki couldn't use his ability. She read that he could only teleport to places he physically visited. Yun retrieved her bag of marbles. Yun wasn't taking any chances. It was easy infiltrating the building, but escaping was another challenge. She doubted Edward was gone.

Last edited:
Once they got onto the second floor, Alex pulled the gun from his pocket and loaded it, keeping it drawn. He wanted to try and break all of the test subjects out of the lab, but knew that with only two of them armed, protecting them all would be impossible. It was going to be hard enough protecting Yun's brothers. He handed her the pass as they walked, looking into every room as they did so. He felt slightly sick, and decided to keep his gaze to the ground.

Yun stopped at a door and swiped the pass. Alex stood there rather awkwardly as she embraced their brothers and started speaking rapidly to them. He kept watch, looking up and down the corridor, his hands gripped tightly around the gun. He nodded as Yun warned him that things were going to get harder. And sure enough, as they turned around, he saw no less than five men, easily twice, if not three times the size of Alex, all with guns. He swallowed, turning to Yun and her brothers. "Run. They know I have a gun, so they're going to target me. Don't make yourself a target. Yun, get your brothers out." He warned them, looking her straight in the eyes.

"You need to get out with them. I don't have anything to lose. Run and don't look back." He told her, turning to face them. They fired the first shot, and Alex retaliated, squeezing the trigger.

Yun instinctively stood in front of her brothers, shielding them from the burly men. She retrieved a marble from her bag, prepared to trigger her ability. Her gaze shifted to the floor. If she aimed her marble correctly, it would create a replica of her previous shock wave. She doubted the men would survive if she demolished the floor. However, it would be dangerous. She didn't have perfect control over her ability. Her explosion may spread, endangering the lives of every patient on this floor. A frown marred her lips. She would have to concentrate. She-

"Run...Don't make yourself a target."

She stiffened. Her eyes widened slightly. She peered into his eyes, staring at him warily. "Are you crazy kid? You can't take them alo-" she was cut off by his next remark,

"I don't have anything to lose. Run and don't look back."

Yun shoved her brothers in the room, dodging a bullet. An odd sensation blossomed inside her chest. What was this feeling? She was a protector, a human shield. She wasn't use being protected. Yun wanted to protest. She wanted to fight. She could easily take out those men with her power. She wasn't afraid of being shot. Alex lacked experience! He may have a good eye, but these men are better marksmen. He would be killed. He was sacrificing himself for the sake of her brothers. Alex, a brat she once hated, was protecting her. Yun hated this. She loathed feeling weak. On the other hand, he was correct. Yun couldn't afford risking her brothers. She refused to be separated again. Yun slipped out of the room, bolting in the opposite direction of the men. Her brothers flanked her sides, following her. Yun located a set of stairs and ushered her brothers inside. Suddenly, Yun stopped.

"What's wrong? We need to leave!" Hyun-Ki exclaimed.

Haneul lifted his head and gazed at door. "He won't make it," he murmured knowingly. His eyes illuminated softly, a sign his ability triggered.

"Not on my watch," Yun muttered. She turned towards Hyun-Ki. "Hyun, do you remember what mother's truck looked like? The one grandma gave me for graduation?" she inquired.

Hyun-Ki frowned. "Of course I do. Why?" he replied.

Yun clamped a hand down on his shoulder. "My truck is parked a few blocks from this building. You rode in that truck before so you should be able to teleport inside. Take Haneul and transport to the truck. I'll be back," she declared. Yun turned around and walked towards the door. Before her hand reached the handle, Hyun-Ki stopped her.

"No! We just reunited. I don't want to be separated again!" he urged.

Her expression softened a little. Yun whirled around and hugged her brother. "I know. I don't like this either, but I can't let that kid die because of me. If I want to stop Edward, I can't do it on my own. If I don't return in thirty minutes, drive to my apartment-" she gave him the appropriate directions, "-and wait there. I promise I'll be back. I just found you two. I won't break this promise," she finished. Yun fished out her key and deposited it inside Hyun-Ki's hand. He stared at it with a blank expression. A sigh escaped her lips. Yun pulled both of her brothers in a tight embrace. "Now go," she commanded. Yun broke away and stepped back. She turned and opened the door, entering the field of fire.

"Haneul-" Hyun-Ki began.

"She'll be fine. Let's go," Haneul interjected.

Hyun-Ki complied silently. He grasped his brother's wrist and closed his eyes. Both of them disappeared in a puff of dark blue smoke.

Yun withdrew a pair of throwing daggers from her combat boots. A smirk plastered on her face. Her hands crackled with kinetic energy. She concentrated and transferred a small amount of energy into her blades. Two men noticed her. It seemed Alex managed to exterminate two, leaving three overgrown men. She ducked and slid on the floor, dodging a flurry of bullets. Yun threw her first blade, watching as it soared across the air. Fortunately, it embedded inside a man's thigh. Once it plunged inside his skin, her blade exploded. A bloodcurdling scream erupted from the man's throat. His leg was blown clear off. He collapsed on the floor in a bloody mess. Her expression conveyed no emotion. She didn't regret her decision, not one bit. Yun rolled to the side and rose, standing next to Alex. She mustered up all her force and punched him in the arm. "You're under my protection, kid. Did you really think I would allow you to play hero?" she grilled. Yun directed her attention to the group of cronies. Yun twirled her knife expertly.

"I know an escape route. Let's finish these bastards before they call back up," she informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.